New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Delphinia & Nolan

Delphinia takes the opportunity that Kiah's interest in Lissa provides to slide out of her chair and onto the floor where Gladi is now lounging by the fire. She turns back and gives a small wave to Aeroz when Nyssa says her name. Adjusting both of them so she can still talk to the people at the table, she wiggles and squirms to end up using the dog as a backrest. Looking at Nolan, though, she cracks a wide grin. "Aren't you up high enough there Tallfolk? They have something special on your plane, like waffles, or muffins?"

Nolan lifts one eyebrow, then rolls his eyes. "Yes, this is me visualizing waffles." He picks up both hands and uses them to pretend to eat something in a grossly exaggerated fashion.

Delphinia laughs, a rich hearty sound. Gladi picks up on the mirth and gives a few loud barks.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardkin Druid

When their leather-clad elf leader had stood by the window and mentioned his fascination with snow. Ssathiya couldn't help internally shaking his head.
    The first hour was the extent his interest in the white soft flaky things falling from the sky had lasted.

A druid, acquainted with the cycles of nature, his personal experience with any environment other than his marsh was nonexistent before the warmbloods here had entered his life. Nothing prepared him for the Underdark and his knowledge that the beasts and plants slept in this season was all he had been taught aside from details about the weather. Reminiscing about his druidic training had also returned the pang of his duty to his tribe. Despite sending a message nearly a moon ago, a response from them still hadn't arrived.

Were they safe? Was there even a tribe left or had he been too late. Perhaps it wasn't his disobediance to the vision in Tef-lAm that was the cause of the absence of Semuanya's guiding visions. Perhaps the very reason behind taking up the vision-quest was gone now. By failing the tribe he would have failed their God and given good cause to be abandoned by him.

It was in this introspective turmoil that Elthan's vioce broke through to ask about nightmares.

Recalling the hazy vision the night before, the lizardman's face took a look of near anguish before recovering to its usual set determined, unemotional state. But not almost, the lost worried look he had harboured as he wandered about his tribe only deepened.

Ssathiya swept his tail out of Aeroz's path as he walked to the table where the newcomers sat. Looking up at Elthan as if he had something to say, he darts a glance at achkby and Callos. Chewing less slowly on the bread he stands gazing out the window, where Aeroz stood moments ago.

{I'm not sure how everyone is seated but Ssathiya isn't interested in anyone he doesn't trust deeply in hearing what he has to say to Elthan. so i'm hoping the window in question isn't right beside Kiah, Nyssa, nolan and Delphi}
    Last edited by runehawk; 2006-10-31 at 09:56 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

As the Druid sweeps his tail to clear Aeroz's path, it catches Yix's attention. Yix in his boredom forgoes careful thinking a begins to stalks the Druid's tail. He looks both ways, and quickly darts behind a chair, hiding as best as possible, except his own tail gives away his location. He then inches (or centimeters if you use the metric system) forward to get a glimpse of his newly found "prey." Careful moving from cover to cover Yix manages to get within a good distance of the tail without it seeing him. As the Druid stands there gazing out the window, Yix creeps a little closer before pouncing on the tail.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elthan

Elthans glibness fades instantly as he stands up from the table. "I'll be back. Go ahead and look through the books if you want. They won't kill you." He leaves everything on the table as he follows the lizard to the window, shooing Yix after the pounce.
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2006-10-31 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Silly dragons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ahaha! Im gonna have me new hide! Just the thing to help this beaten armor and keep it in shape. Ha Achklby, you have enough last night? You managed to keep up for a while lad, but it looks like you had a tad much."

*Thokk sweeps his gaze over the group, seeing that it is slightly serious*

"Ach, my apologies if Im interrupting somethin. Im gonna head back out in an hour or so to get these teeth worked, anyone want to come along?"

6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy gives the caravans only a passing glance as he makes his way through the village, his normal wariness buried beneath distracted thoughts. There was a lot to consider these days, almost enough to make him wish for times when things were much simpler for him. When he could take a job, any job, and get paid for it. What it was usually different matter, discretion was favorable and morals were a hindrance. Something in the back of his mind told him he might not ever be able to go back to that. He'd been stained by the past few weeks and he hadn't decided whther the outcome was for the better yet.

Which brought him to the present. He wasn't sure what set him upon this specific path, but ever since the innkeeper had mentioned the temple, he'd felt inclined to visit it. He didn't know what the purpose was, and had little experience in such matters. It had been years since he'd visited one of the Windrider's temple. He didn't usually have reason to; his faith was exemplified best by his vagrant lifestyle, as many believed. He liked his patron, he really did, the measure of comfort belief in higher power can bring. That subtle faith was his one concession in a hardnosed approach to life.

It would do him good to see the shrine, whatever purpose it served. he was sure.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah nods and smiles to Aeroz as he joins the table. She is however, still leaving space for Lissa to continue if she wishes to and doesn't say anything further.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

Cloaked Stranger

A tall figure, dark against the blinding white of the snow, appears from a nearby inn accross the road. It's hood is up and covers it's face, but a lock of blond hair might be observed by those who's eyes are sharp enough to notice escaping from beneath the hood. The dark blue cloak is left open, however, and it is swept dramaticaly back by a sudden gust of (pesumably very cold) wind, causing it's owner to draw it about himself.

The figure detaches himself from the relative shelter of the eves of the building and forges a path through the not yet cleared snow on his side of the road. Tipping his head respectfully to the landloard as he passes him in his work, the figure makes his way down the cleared path to the door of the establishment known of as "The Dancing Dragon."

The draft from the open door chills those within slightly, especialy patrons close to the door, but it is closed quickly. Stamping his boots on the welcoming mat to rid them of the acumulated snow and dirt from the short trip across the road, the stranger throws back his cloak and hood with a flick of his arms and head, revealing a full head of blond hair, shapely, well defined face with chisled features of striking handsomeness. The human, for that is what he clearly is, lacking the relative frailty of the elves, the elfin features of the half elves and the brutish features of the half orcs, is clothed in finely made and well fitting tavelers clothes, not quited designed for the current weather however. Were it not for the lack of sword, armor and horse, you might think him the hero of a tale or some bards song.

As the fast melting snow falls from the sholders of the figure some of you might recognise him as someone far more mysterious than he first appears, the person who appeared in the place of the dead Gnoll.

The man swept the room with his piercing green eyes, apparently looking for someone or someone, untill his eyes fall upon the lizardman. Supprise registers momentarialy before he smiles slightly but before he is able to do anything else a small psudodragon leaps from nowhere and latches itself onto the poor druid's tail.

Momentarialy suprised by this unexpected development, the tall, blond man stoops to scoop up the creature, attempting to unfasten it's jaws before they draw blood.

"No, Yix, put it down!"

The voice is quiet, melodious, and full of humour at Yix's antics. Yet it is firm and strong enough to turn a few heads in the not-so-crowded bar.
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2006-11-01 at 04:42 PM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

9. - Top - End - #579

Fizahn:

Fizahn momentarily abandons his search for Katrin. I'm sure she had a long night. She'll be up later and then maybe we can talk about business. He turns his head when the strange man enters. He ignores the man and looks aimlessly about the common room. Perhaps Aeroz, Lyssa, or Yix- His thoughts are interrupted as he hears the newcomer address Yix. He quickly walks behind the man and in as gruff a voice as he can manage says. "Are you aware that you're manhandling our pseudodragon there, buddy?" He gazes past the man at Yix and practically bursts out laughing when he takes in the rest of the situation.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-09-09 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Font color...
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix becomes very confused when he all of a sudden lifted in the air. He squirms around in the man's trying to get a better vantage point. Upon seeing who it is he lets out a squeal of surprise. However, he still looks up at the man "Who are you again?"

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

Cloaked Stranger

The tall man's grin is as warming as the sun dispite the cold he has just endured.

"I was not under the impresion that Yix belonged to anyone," he says jovialy.

He looks down at the psudodragon as it speaks into his mind, aparently unperterbed.

"Ah yes, I never did introduce myself properly. I am Evendur Durnhelder, though you knew me for longer as the Gnoll, Karzak. Well, I was not Karzak... but it is a long story, and not everyone I owe an explanation to is here. I would prefer to not have to repeat my story." he says aloud to Yix.

Scratching the psudodragon absentmindedly behind the ears, he finds himself a chair to sit upon and surveys the room. Placing Yix on his lap he adresses the Gnome to whom he is no longer a towering monolith.

"So, am I to understand that you have joined Katrin, Trinark, the Druid and Tiriel in their quest against Sethra?" he asks, serious eyes fixed upon the Gnome's face.
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2006-11-05 at 07:23 AM. Reason: adding stuff and avoiding crosbow rampages
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

12. - Top - End - #582

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa easily remembers the cloaked stranger. She had the faces, names, and family histories of over a thousand of the dead in her mind, stretching back from when she was perhaps twelve.

A stunned man on the bridge they found several days ago who subsequently disappeared was easy to recall. She remembered trying to lead him from the bridge, worried the hydra would re-appear at any second. She remembered the blank look frozen on Evendur's face, and found it in sharp contrast to the lively person before them now.

Nyssa fixes her grey-blue eyes on Evendur. "Welcome back," she says, before returning to her food.
    Last edited by kariokie; 2006-11-02 at 03:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583

Lizardkin Druid

Pre-Evendur

The grim looking retilian had been about to speak something personal to Elthan but was awarded a momentary respite by the playful pseudodragon. With amusement twinkling in his eyes, he pretended to offer the little mischief-maker some token resistance with his tail. He planned to flick up the little rascal and give him a forced stern look when he'd had enough.

So different from the hatchlings of his own tribe. A young lizadrkin learned the harsh realities of the world around him and the pecking order in a tribe early. The sooner it matured, the better ...for itself and the tribe. This little dragon was unlike what he'd been told about dragons by his master. It was an eternal child that lived for its own amusement.

Post-Evendur

He'd have instinctively reacted. His jaws wound have been around the throat of the starnger who'd dared lay his hands on Yix.Except his own wisdom let him recognise that the strager was not intent on harming Yix. That and the fact that this was the coward that'd replaced the dogman. The druid would have been furious if he hadn't been so disgusted by the human's return.

He could see the newcomers sitting with Aeroz in the periphery of his vision. Those had been instrumental in defeating the hydra however. The dogman would have been honored by that kill.

"YOU", he utters. His face twists seemingly angry at his own acknowledegment of the human.

If Fizahn hadn't beaten him to it, he'd have growled out for him to leave Yix alone. His cool answer and tardiness in releasing Yix only served to stoke up ssathiya's rage. Muting his impulse to be violent, he reaches over and prys the paladin's hands open with his claws. He doesn't intentionally try to injure his hands but is overtly rough and indifferent about it.

Once he extricates Yix, he places him on an opposite shoulder as one might an errant pet and places his body between the human and Yix. Glowering at him but not wishing to say anything to a warmblood so far beneath him, the druid turns and walks back to the window and Elthan, with his back towards the newcomer.

He rubs Yix under the chin and behind the head as Yix had shown him before. wishing to soothe the little fellow of his sudden 'yanking'. {He won't stop Yix from getting down to do whatever else he wants}
    Last edited by runehawk; 2006-11-02 at 12:45 PM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

Nolan sighs heavily at Nyssa. "There's always room for more pudding, isn't there," he mutters quietly.

Delphinia merely lifts an eyebrow. She puts an arm around Gladi's neck and scratches idly at her neck. Then she looks at Nolan. "Hey. How do you feel about snowball fights?"

Nolan lifts an eyebrow. "I can't believe that someone as old as you would suggest that."

Delphinia snorts then looks at Nyssa. "How about you?"

15. - Top - End - #585

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

She smiles, happy to see Delphinia feeling more at home. She gives Nolan a hefty poke in the arm when he once again mentions the halfling's age.

"We had snow very rarely where I grew up, and never enough to do anything with. How does a snowball fight work?" She considers for a brief moment, and then adds, "You know what? I'm sure I'll figure it out. Lead on."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur Durnhelder

A sudden change overcomes the human, Evendur, as the lizardman's reaction to his apearance registers. The almost jovial expresion he was wearing drops to that of infinite seriousness and some concern as he slowly turns to look the lizardman in the eye. Not a trace of fear does he show, neither does he resist the removal of Yix from his lap, yet he remains unthreatening. Even once it has turned it's back on him, his eyes don't waver from the Lizardman.

I half suspected to be forgotten, but I did not expect anything so hostile. Clearly I have mismanaged this reentrance to these peoples lives...

"I suppose the explanation is most important to you, Druid, for I sensed some bond forming between you and Karzak before he was killed. I appologise for making you wait, but know that in knowing him as well as I did, I understand that he was one of the best of his kind and whatever afterlife he has gone to, it is the best there is for him for he left this world in the most glorious of mannors."

He bows his head, perhapse in reverence of the dead Karzak, perhapse as a sign of respect for the very much alive and angry Lizardman.
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2006-11-05 at 07:23 AM. Reason: misreading things

Kurt

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

With a sly grin, Delphinia stands up and gets Gladi to follow her outside. Leave these kids to their own thing. None of my damn business. She slips through the door quickly and immediately grabs a handful of snow to show Nyssa what a snowball fight is all about as soon as she pops her head out of the door.

"I suppose I'll have to defend you from the snow now." Nolan stands gracefully and follows Nyssa outside with a sigh.

18. - Top - End - #588

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa, pulling on furs as she emerges from the tavern, quickly discovers how a snowball fight works.

"Nrrrghhhffffgghh!" she exclaims, pegged square in the face by Delphinia's opening shot. Quickly getting the idea, Nyssa looks for cover, finding it quickly in the form of her brother. Hiding behind Nolan, she scrapes together snow into a ball, and lamely throws it in Delphinia's direction, missing by a mile.

"Why do I believe everyone else is at an advantage in this particular altercation?"

19. - Top - End - #589

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby watches the man's arrial with interest, and almost leaps to his feet when the stranger grabs Yix, but Fizahn and the Druid beat him to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by runehawk View Post
    Lizardkin Druid

"YOU", he utters. His face twists seemingly angry at his own acknowledegment of the human.

...he reaches over and prys the paladin's hands open with his claws. He doesn't intentionally try to injure his hands but is overtly rough and indifferent about it.

Once he extricates Yix, he places him on an opposite shoulder as one might an errant pet and places his body between the human and Yix. Glowering at him but not wishing to say anything to a warmblood so far beneath him, the druid turns and walks back to the window and Elthan, with his back towards the newcomer.
    That may be the first thing he's ever done that I agree with. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised the only thing we agree on is that we'll use force to protect Yix...
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

20. - Top - End - #590

Fizahn:

Fizahn watches the proceedings wonderingly. "No, they chose to join me on my quest. Judging by the druid's reaction, however, I seriously doubt that you're going to be joining us on this quest. If we get the same reactions from Katrin and Tiriel, you're definately not going to be accompanying us. I saw Tiriel earlier this morn, but I think she's gone back to sleep. I doubt it would be a good idea to wake her." What am I, the leader? I could be.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix is scared for a few moments as the lizardman snatches him out of Evendur's grasp, feeling the anger coming forth from him. However, he soon forgets about that as he lets out a crooning sound when his head is scratched. He continues to sit atop the lizardman's shoulder, as he feels he won't be manhandled anytime soon while sitting up there.

22. - Top - End - #592

Elthan

Elthan turns curiously to watch the Lizards reaction. Whyever he feels that way, I'm certian he has a good reason for it. He focus momentarily on the stranger, empty eyed. It seems he may be responcible for this 'Karzac's death, and the Druid holds a grudge.

He shakes his head and returns to gazing out the window with the Lizard.
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2006-11-03 at 11:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Thokks almost happy and peaceful expression evaporates once Ss shows such obvious hostility to the stranger. Thokk boldly walks up to Evendur and demands:*

"Ach, who the blazes are ye lad? Evidnetly my Scaley brother doesnt like you that much, and if thats the case, I dont like yer that much. State yer name and business, or get outta here"

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

He stared at the three tomes for a long moment. Would it really be worth the risk to read one of those things? What if...? With a shake of his head the necromancer picked up the books and went over to the door. Staring out into the snow for a minute or two he strides out into the cold, books in tow and looks for a good place to sit and read them. Curiously enough his cloak was left behind.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #595

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

"Oooops!" Nyssa yells as an errant snowball whacks Callos in the back as he leaves the inn. She smiles, full of life. "I really didn't mean to do that. I was trying to hit my bro--" just then, another snowball launched by Delphinia whacks her in the head. Nyssa sighs and turns back to her brother and the ranger, brushing snow out of her long black hair.

"I seem to be quite bad at this game. I think I should cut my losses and find a shrine to Kelemvor."

26. - Top - End - #596

The temple to Shaundakul is a non-descript one-story building clinging to the edge of the city. It has narrow windows pointing to each of the cardinal directions. An upright hand with swirling winds around it is carved into the stone lintel over the main entrance. Lumpy enters quietly and finds himself alone in a small circular room. Diffused light spills in from each of the four windows. A round stone pedestal in the center of the room is covered with loose coins and trinkets.

Several members of the party burst out of the Dancing Dragon into the bright sunlight. Soon enough, a flurry of snowballs and laughter fills the air. It feels good to let off some steam after the tense events of the past several days (or even weeks and months for some of you).

Evendur, Elthan, the lizardman and the drow remain inside for now.

The various caravans form their own miniature villages within Phsant. One caravan is made up of Shou, heading back to Kara-Tur. Another is made up of merchants from the Great Dale. One caravan is mostly made up of elves, traveling in a number of elegant gray carriages, hailing from Aglarond. The gray elves have the same haughty manner and frost white hair as Si'rene does. The fourth caravan is made up of Tuigans returning to their homeland to the east. It was in this caravan that Thokk found a craftswoman willing to treat the cryohydra hide.

Informal temples to nearly every human deity can be found among the various caravans. Halfings, gnomes and dwarfs are noticably absent from among the other travelers.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Solemnly, Lumpy approaches the pedastal, kneeling on one knee beside it. He holds that pose for a few minutes, collecting his thoughts. After this long pause, he begins to speak to the altar as if it were a living thing. One might find it odd to talk without a visible audience, but more than anything, he needed it off his chest. If he couldn't say it here, how could he say it anywhere.

"S'been a while now, ain't it? Almost a year since I been in one'a these things. Weren't really fer lack'a trying. . . Things just get busy, y'know? But I've been sticking ta yer things pretty well since then."
    He sighs softly, playing things over a minute before he continued.

"But I been thinking about it. I still remember that priest, first I ever saw. . . In Featherdale I think it was, dumped him there on Windride. He laid it on me how it was then, and I've dealt outta yer deck since. Always had the bits about travelling down pat, figured it was the best I could do with what I had. But he said a lot more than that and I never took it ta heart. That 'helping hand' bit and all. Never saw how I should be helping no one, as much help as I ever got.

"I got a bunch'a folk out there who've done me pretty good so far. Gotten me through a pretty tough time, even if some'a it's their own fault. That ain't the point, so much as ta say they've mostly lent their hands ta some hard business. Seems ta me they've done better ta ya than I ever had. I done ya wrong there, and I aim ta fix it. This mess is getting big, and I guess it's fer me ta throw in with them. Seems sometimes like they need my help, so I guess they're stuck with it, eh?"

Slowly, he rises back to his feet, one hand slipping to his purse,

"Dunno if I'll make it back around next year. Gonna be a rough one ta swing through. It's funny, I always been saving fer something, had some reason ta hold close one the coin. With all this, seems like I'd need what I got more than ever.. But I guess it won't do me no good most'a the places I could end up going."

He drops a meaty handful of unsorted and uncounted coins onto the pedestal,

"Just try not ta spend it all in one place, ya hear? I'll seeya 'round"

The burly orc leaves with the same solemnity he entered, re-emerging into the sunlight with a faint grin, setting out to rejoin his companions.

28. - Top - End - #598

Aeroz

[Pre-Evendur's browbeating by S-man]

Lizard is mad, and from what I've seen he becomes quite irrational when in that state of mind.

Aeroz stands from his seat and turns to the newcomer, who until recently he has disregarded. "Good day sir. May I ask who in the hells are you, how do you know the lizard and why are you making him angry. Because I would really, really hate to see what our scaley compatriot might do to you if he has good reason to be your malefactor" he states candidly.
    Last edited by Frojoe21; 2006-11-03 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Stupid me with my not reading
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Pre-Evendur...
    Looking up at Kiah, Lissa sighs. Her usually cheerful face is somber for once. "When I joined Aeroz, Achkby, and Hajih in Velprintalar, there was a priest of Lathander with them. Sedryn." She absently rubs the crude hammered-silver medallion at her neck. If one looks closely, one can make out the engraved outline of a dagger atop a cloak. "He was a genuinely good man. Living as I have the past ten years, I've met few enough of Sedryn's kind." Her mouth twists bitterly for a moment. "Sedryn was a light for us in the Underdark, and what did he get in return? Murdered in his sleep. We all figured it was Sethra, but whose hands was he using? I even tried to detect evil, once my god granted me the power, but I should have known better." Lissa shudders involuntarily, rubbing at her eyes in memory. "The poxy son of a kobold blinded me somehow before I could get a fix on him. Believe me, it's no fun at all being a blind archer in the Underdark!" She takes a deep breath, finishes her tea, and stands up. "Well, that's enough of such gloomy talk for now!"

Post-Evendur
    Already discomfited from her talk with (or perhaps 'at') Kiah, Lissa just watches the hurly-burly for a few minutes. Then she snorts and goes upstairs, returning shortly with her snow-cloak and hat. "Let us know when you've got this Evendur sorted out. As I don't know him from Garl Glittergold, I'm going outside to join the snowfight. Yell if you want me to detect evil." And with that, the gnome exits the inn and bounces into the snowfight, merrily chucking snowballs at everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah listens to Lissa quietly, and watches her play with her medallion. At the end she sighs and says "I would have liked to have meet him. Thank you for sharing with me."

Kiah sits at the table while the others disperse, too tired to move. Lissa's story, combined with age and lack of sleep, have left her with little energy. snowball fight. good for you. me, i'm just too old. She tries to summon the energy to move when Evendur walks in. Watching the exchange she almost feels like she is not there; like she is an empty shell with the fires of life passing around her. She sits idly in space before the conversation piques her interest and pulls her mind back in... who is this person...