New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1515
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Adalmar

"Kir ?" He hears a fluttering of wings nearby. "I know you would like to participate, but, not yet."

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Tiriel stumble toward the windows while holding an enormous object. A table ? Gods, such freakish strength ! He can't help bursting into laughter for a few seconds...

[OOC :
    Att 1: (1d20+10)[24]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[8]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[4] (1 down)
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[27]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[4]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[1] (-1)
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[16]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[4]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[3] (-4)

(-1 because he's laughing)
    Att 1: (1d20+9)[11]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[10]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[2] (nothing)
    Att 2: (1d20+9)[10]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[7]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[3] (nothing)
    Att 3: (1d20+4)[24]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[5]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[3] (2 down)

Att 1: (1d20+10)[14]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[7]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[2] (nothing)
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[28]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[5]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[6] (3 down)
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[15]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[7]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[2] (nothing)

Att 1: (1d20+10)[17]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[9]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[3] (4 down)
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[18]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[6]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[1] (-2)
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[24]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[5]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[2] (-4)

Att 1: (1d20+10)[12]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[9]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[4] (nothing)
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[20]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[10]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[4] (5 down)
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[21]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[10]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[1] (6 down)
    Total = 6 down - could be better.
    ]
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-20 at 05:20 PM. Reason: bone count
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Orc in the Playground

Trinark

Trinark stands behind the warriors, shield at the ready as the seconds tick by. The terrable clawing at the dor and the sounds of tens of skeletons clawing at the walls all arround the building, their bones clicking incessantly upon the cobb.ed ground outside grates at his soul like fingernails across a blackboard. A shiver runs down his spine and he draws a deep breath. He steals himself for what he must do now, repulse them when they come through, sow the seads of confusion upon the mindless ranks that were tearing down their defences.

Trinark has a thought.

"Thock, Lumpy, Aeroz, see if you can hold them at the door. We can restrict their numbers there, making it easier to fight them off. I shall give you as much aid as I can from behind. Just hold them there. We can always retreat to the stairs if need be."

[Ooc: Readies action to Turn Undead when the first skeletons make it through the door. This ought to cause a blockage, slowing their progresion. Also reduce the posibility of the meatshields, uh I mean canon fodder, uh I mean tanks, being injured. I want to leave my healing to as late as posible. Surely broken bones make hazardous terain, reducing dodge bonus to AC by something. If we make them fight on top of themselves we have a better chance.

At the end of the 5 rounds Eagles splendor has 44 rounds remaining, Bless will last 45 more, covering everyone on the balcony up to about the stairs and prety much the whole ground floor, Aeroz 46 rounds of Aid and I have 47 rounds protection.]
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2007-02-20 at 05:42 PM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

No! Why didn't it....Nine Hells they can't read! How could I have forgotten that!? How do I set it off now?! I can't ask anyone else to go and read it, heck I can't even read it until the door opens...Thats it!....This is gonna hurt...

There was not time to waste either, turning the necromancer hussled away from were he had been standing, running for the staircase. Every survivalist part of his being was screaming that this was a horrible idea but then again...he was used to making horrible choices this would just be one of them. Footsteps echoing down the stairs as he got down to the bottom floor.

"Save your spells for once their inside of the building! It'll be more effective if theres one large barrage then if we pick them off piecemeal! Then Lissa and Trinark need to REALLY plead for divine aid and send or destroy as many as possible."

He said as he approached the knot of people on the first floor briskly, eyes set on the shuddering door. This would work. It had to work. As long as the spell was still there, it'd still work.

C'mon Yix, I need you to hurry up!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #1354

Aeroz

As the skeletons come in, Aeroz uses each end of the quarterstaff to barrage any that may cross his path.

[hr]
    [OOC: All attacks are taking a -2 penalty because of combat expertise If possible, Aeroz will still try to flank. They can't be sneak attacked but the bonus to hit sure helps. If he can, add 2 to the attack rolls]

Round 1 Attacks

Quarterstaff Primary: 1d20+4=13 (6 damage)
    Quarterstaff Offhand: 1d20+3(6)=12(15) (6 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Iterative: 1d20+1=19 (3 damage)

Round 2 Attacks

Quarterstaff Primary: 1d20+3=9 (6 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Offhand: 1d20+3(6)= 15(18) (5 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Iterative: 1d20+1=12 (7 Damage)

Round 3 Attacks

Quarterstaff Primary: 1d20+3=18 (2 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Offhand: 1d20+3(6)= 21(25) (5Damage)
    Quarterstaff Iterative: 1d20+1=4 (6 Damage)

Round 4 Attacks

Quarterstaff Primary: 1d20+3=20 (7 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Offhand: 1d20+3(6)= 19(22) (6 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Iterative: 1d20+1=9 (7 Damage)

Round 5 Attacks

Quarterstaff Primary: 1d20+3=11 (6 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Offhand: 1d20+3(6)= 12(15) (3 Damage)
    Quarterstaff Iterative: 1d20+1=10 (5 Damage)

Temporary Hit points: 2+ Trinarks CL (Stupid D8!)
    AC: 20 due to combat expertise (Assigning recipient of primary attack as dodge partner)
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin waits at the top of the stairs for the skeletons to break in, since her crossbow would be of little little use against animated bones.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix continues to scramble around frantically looking for any sort of escape from what might very well be their tomb.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Bugbear in the Playground

Khazrael's missiles destroy another pair of skeletons, and Adalmar's arrows destroy another half-dozen. The lizardman's slingstones are less effective unfortunately.

Tiriel drops a tabletop from the second story. It lands with a whooomp crushing three skeletons. Tiriel smiles and claps her hands together with satisfaction.

Khazrael smiles craftily and calls forth another swarm of bats. The swarm descends upon the skeletons, but their bites turn out to be disappointingly ineffective. Confused, the bats spiral back up into the night, looking for warm-blooded creatures to feast upon ...

The skeletons below begin to squeeze between the beams of the hastily constructed barricade blocking the main doors. Thokk and Lumpy's arrows destroy two of the skeletons as they attempt to wriggle into the building.

Unexpectedly, Callos dashes forward, clambering over a skeleton attempting to crawl into the meeting house. The necromancer pulls open one of the doors as best he can, triggering the explosive runes he had planted there. Twelve skeletons are instantly vaporized, and Callos himself is blown backwards into the meeting house, skidding to a stop against the second barricade.

Dust swirls about in the dim firelight and for a moment all is silent. The main doors and forward barricade have been blown wide open, leaving a gaping opening.

Incapable of shock, fear or awe, the skeletons press forward, three abreast into the breach.

Aeroz is the first to react. He sprints toward the doorway, twirling Elthan's quarterstaff in elegant semi-circles, smashing a skeleton into fragments.

"DUCK!!!" shouts Achkby. Aeroz dives to one side as a lightning bolt blasts into the mass of skeletons, disintegrating six.

Dark vine-like tendrils spring up through the icy crust. The gnarled, blackened branches grab and clutch at the skeletons, entangling them.

OOC: The bat swarm causes only minimal damage to the skeletons. The bats begin to seek living, warm-blooded creatures. Callos casts shield then triggers his own explosive runes taking 18 points of force damage. Aeroz gets a single attack before Achkby hits the skeletons with a lightning bolt. Ssathiya casts entangle, catching 60 skeletons.

40 skeletons destroyed so far.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-20 at 11:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

Balls...

Thokk gathers himself up, and slowly starts walking towards the skeletons, preparing to destroy any that get in his way

"Ach! Everyone one me! We need ta slow down there breach so they can't swarm us!"

Thokk Init (1d20+1=17)

OOC: Because of the Bulls Strength and Bless cast on him, Thokk will use power attack, taking away -3 to all attack rolls and adding 3 to all damage in addition to the +2 for the Strength, giving him no change in attack bonus and +5 damage

9. - Top - End - #1359

Adalmar

The explosion downstairs rocks him, and he can barely keep his balance. A few square feet of floor above the door are now missing. Wow, so that was the magical trap. Impressive.

"Everybody ok ?" Only after asking does he realize that he is now almost alone at the windows, except for the upside down sorcerer.

Next, a blinding flash of lightning, then some magical plants... I keep repeating myself, but those people are certainly... impressive. The skeletons, that seemed an army moments ago, already seem more manageable.
    Still, he won't relent while their threat remains.

[OOC : only 1 round of attack because I suspect I am among the closest to the bats, and of course I will react if they veer towards me.

Att 1: (1d20+10)[15]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[9]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[6]
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[15]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[6]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[6]
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[14]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[5]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[6]
    total = 2 down (24 arrows used)
    ]
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-20 at 11:59 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

Now!

He broke into a sprint once he saw his chance. The opening that he had been looking for and the moment he had been waiting for. Even as his brain urged his body into motion every single fiber of his mind screamed for him to stop and hold back. To keep from rushing toward what might certainly be his death. How could he know what his own spell would do to him? It had been a long time since he had even been hurt so how could he possibly know?

Stubborn hand grabbing hold of the cold bone of one of the skeleton's skull. Using it to pull himself past the sharp grasping skeletal hands until he was pressed up against the wood of the door. Gritting his teeth as the fear welled up inside of his body, threatening to over take him and still he tried. Pulling hard on the door and hearing it creak open. Time slowed down for him then as he searched for the spark that would set off the explosive runes. He was sure of it, just open the door and he wouldn't need to worry anymore. The blast would most likely destroy him as well as all of the skeletons close by to the door. So close to them now, the smell of undeath was almost overwhelming to him. The stench of those dead bodies, the clattering of bare bone on bone and the horrible rictus of a skull's face. All around him and surronding him. So much like that horrible place were he had come from...

The waves of skeletons poured into through the doorway, holding rusty weapons in their hands and dressed all in old but sturdy splint mail. Her shriek cut through the air like a hot knife through butter but it was already too late. A well designed trap took into account every variable and contingency and this trap was no different. A window shattered as woman came bursting through it. Her thick mane of golden hair, how often had he simply stared at it with longing, obscured her face as she twisted to look back into the home she had just abandoned and to see the array of beasts gathered before her as well. Golden light spilled forth from her form as two glorious white wings emerged from her back and spread wide, buffeting the rotting zombies that had been closing in away from her...

"God damn monsters! LET. ME. THROUGH!" He growled out as he tugged and pulled on the door, struggling to keep it open as he looked for the scratches in the door that he had put there. There! Deep scores in the wood, not formed by the weapons of these peons but by a dinner knife, marred the wood. OM! was all that was there and it was good enough as he read the spell with a grim determination...

A flurry of feathers were let loose into the air as the feathered woman took into the air. Even from his position on a hill a goodly distance away he could imagine seeing the furious and vengeful sapphires that her kind blue eyes would have turned into. The cadavorous man next to him, someone he had even started to look like recently raised his hand. The silent command went through the undead in the rear, holding up crossbows loaded with special bolts. As one they pulled the trigger and sent them spinning into the air. With a pop they exploded into weighted nets that seeked to drag her down from the air to the horde beneath her. For the first time in awhile he felt a twinge in his heart. This was wrong. He couldn't explain it, but something was wrong with this whole scenario. Muscles stiffened and he rose up straight in the saddle as a single name whispered out past his lips...

"
    ...Taiss..."

The runes he had carved sensed the intrusion that would activate their magic. Electric blue light glowed out from the words before they erupted in an explosion of white light. Eyes hurting from the bright light and squinting shut as he feebly put his arms up as if to protect himself from his own magic.

Not that it helped.

The magical force came crashing into his body and threw him back through the air, wreaking havoc on him for the first time in the longest time. The skeletons faired even worse off, completely vaporized by the runes. With a grunt he hit the ground and slided along it, picking up his fair share of splinters along the way. Then he came to a stop against the second barricade, a trickle of blood coming past his lips as he shuddered and struggled to rise up.

The woman's flight didn't continue for much longer as the skeletons and zombies pulled on the ropes and dragged her struggling form down to the ground. Guilt gnawed at his mind and heart, melting the ice that had grown up around it in the past couple of years. How could he have done this? How could he have lead Jintan to her? And most importantly...what did he want with her? At some unknown signal the zombie horse that he was riding began to jog forward, a couple of paces behind his teacher. By the time the two of them had arrived at the scene she had been subdued completely. Tied and gagged, looking like a stuck pig. Something else had been completed too, a pentagram was clumisly etched into the dirt around her as she thrashed and struggled in its confines. Big blue eyes widened in surprise and fear as she finally saw Jintan and himself approaching, the shock stilling her struggles for a long moment.Then the cold handle of the knife was thrust into the palm of his hand.

"Do it Callos."

With a shuddering groan the necromancer shook himself out of his reverie and climbed up to his feet. Coughing he wiped the blood from his lip with his sleeve, even as he climbed across the second barricade and headed back towards the stairs. Pausing only once he reached the people who had seen him go running past to smile grimly.

"I said 'boom' and I mean 'boom'."

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Retreat as far back towards the group as possible and up the stairs if any movement is left.))

Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-02-21 at 01:32 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #1361

As the explosion below them finished rocking the walkway, the aftermath of the blast became apparent to Ssathiya and Tiriel. The druid looks at the smoking skeletons, then at his little sling in disgust before tossing it over his back.

As the undead horde spills into the hall, Tiriel turns to look at 'Rasko' beside her. With a shared nod, they stride to the wooden railing opposite the front windows and kick it together before they follow its fall down to the ground floor.

The lizardman lands first, spinning around as he leaps,and catching himself with one muscled hand as he lands. A cloud of dust billows out from the rising druid.

Ssathiya's other arm thrusts out his shield, as Tiriel comes gliding thru the air. She uses the upraised shield to push off before somersaulting to land beside him.

She flicks away an errant blond lock of hair with her neck as she readies her chair-leg-come-club with fluid ease.

He
    draws out his club in an outward arc, a mad gleam of battle-lust on his hard features.

"Save any for us?"
    She asks with a big grin.

A snarl by her side echoes her sentiments as they stride forward together.

OOC: enter the scene-stealers...
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-21 at 02:54 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

12. - Top - End - #1362

Fizahn:

Fizahn watches Callos's bravery in awe. Then, a thought strikes him. Anything Callos can do, I can do better... As long as it doesn't involve magic or being tall or things of that nature."Come on Callos! You could have told me to do that, then I would have felt useful! Plus, I'm quicker than you. I probably could have avoided more of the blast. I'm also great at staying alive. I've got a hundred percent track record!" Yay. I feel more useless now. He looks at his fellow guardians of the lower levels. "I guess there's not much point guarding the big hole in the wall. Hold the second barricade everyone."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Khazrael

A fierce growl eminates from the shadowed ceiling as Khazrael sees the bats fail to do their job. He strains to see where they're going, fearing the worst, when an explosion rocks the entire building. He crouches low against it, and curses his poor luck.

14. - Top - End - #1364

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

"Dammit, Callos, get back!" yells Achkby as the wizard hurtles past him. ''Out of the way!"

He stands stunned for a moment as the man tries to force his way through the door, but any thoughts about why are blasted away as Callos obliterates the doorway.

He flings his left arm across his face to shield himself from the debris, but he can't block out the vision of scores of skeletons marching forward through the dust. Each seems to be leering at him over their mangled shields and rusty baldes, their eyeless sockets intent on his personal destruction

Brandobaris save me is all he can think for a moment, and he stands, frozen, as the fleshless warriors advance.

Aeroz flings himself upon the skeletons, though, almost bowling Achkby over, and the halfling is stirred to action.

"DUCK!" he shouts to the half-elf, and unleashes the energies he's summoned, blasting a column of the nearest undead to smithereens.

[OOC] Almost forgot: Spell Failure (1d100=46) [/OOC]

He lifts the scroll to entrap the others, but suddenly vines burst from the ground before him, wrapping the other skeletons and holding them fast.
    He's almost furious, but breathes a sigh of relief instead.
    I'm sure I'll need this later...

He steps back as the others rush forward to engage the mass of animated bones, calm for just a moment before seeking out another opening for his magics.

[OOC]Achkby will let the front-liners get set up, and then look for an opening to cast Lightning Bolt again, unless they're handling the skeletons just fine.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

15. - Top - End - #1365

Tiriel

Tiriel decides not to waste any more time with words and swings her makeshift weapon at the closest skeleton.

attack: (1d20+9=16, 1d6+5=6) = "dead"

cleave attack: (1d20+9=15, 1d6+5=10) = "dead"
    2 down.... many to go...

[ooc: this is assuming that a skeleton (or 2...) is within her reach and that her "club" is a standard club that does 1d6 damage - does it also have a 10' range like the d20 clubs? If she can't attack this round, I'd like to save her rolls for the next round.]
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-02-21 at 12:38 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Still up on the balcony, Lissa loads another crossbow bolt- an ordinary one this time- into her crossbow. Arcane sparks crackle hungrily around the shaft. "Nice one, Tiriel! You alive down there, Callos?" I was saving this for the vampires, but I think surviving the skeletal horde is a bit more urgent. Lissa closes her eyes and meditates briefly, calling forth the power of Baravar Cloakshadow. When she opens them, her eyes are afire with pure white light. Carefully, the diminutive cleric aims at one of the skeletons trying to get at Rasko, and fires. The bolt shoots forth in a silent explosion of blue lightning and white light, as the same light fades from Lissa's eyes.

OOC: Surprise For The Dead time! That's 1 turning out of 3.
    Normal Attack - (1d20+8)[13]
    Sneak Attack - (2d6)[8]
    Normal Damage - (1d6+1)[2] piercing
    Shock Damage - (1d6)[3] electric

EDIT: Forgot flanking bonus to attack, I believe that's +2.
    Last edited by Phasm; 2007-02-21 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Forgot flanking bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy shrugs as Callos blows himself up, but gives it no mroe thought. IF the wizard was still alive, he was well enough off. The burly orc trots after the others briskly, already whipping his flail into motion. If they were standing at the door, then they'd need to make the best of that choke.

He did wish they understood the concept of reserves. Ideally the skeletons would only wear him and the dwarf out, leaving the others fresher for the vampires. Having everyone on the front would drain everyone. But there wasn't much else he could do but see that injury was minimized.

((OOC

Attack - (1d20+14)[28], Damage - (1d10+6)[13]
    [roll=Cleave?]1d20+14[/roll]. Damage - (1d10+6)[9]
    ))

* post roll count doesn't match database

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Orc in the Playground

Trinark

Trinark ducks behind his shield as the runes explode, splintered wood flying in all directions. He recovers in time to see the hoard surge forwards, some entangled but others filtering arround the snaring vines.

Standing tall he glares defiantly at the mindles masses bearing down upon his allies. Holding aloft his holy symbol and shield he lapses into the draconic tongue used in the holy rituals back in the underdark.

"Begone, undead abominations! Behold the light of Elistraee!" he cries out, a burst of golden rays spreading out from him. Each sekleton touched crumbles, it's bones splintering and then crumbling to dust under the holy emination. Never before has the drow seemed so alive, so comanding.

In the corner of his eye he sees Callos stir and get up. Good, he thinks, it is too early for healing.

[Ooc:
    Initiative (1d20+7=11)
    Turning check (1d20+2=22) (can turn undead of up to 8 HD)
    Turning damage (2d6+4+2=14) (turns 14 HD of undead)
    Assuming each skeleton has 1 HD, as per the core MM, that is 14 skeletons destroyed. Forgot about the whole more than twice their level destroying them thing. Looks like I win most skellys down in one attack. ]
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2007-02-21 at 07:00 PM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin jumps at the sudden sound of the explosion but quickly regains her poise. She sees Callos's body lying on the ground, but since he gets up again, she doesn't worry about him. She advances slowly down the stairs, her intent being to be closer to the fight if her help is needed, but still able to block the way to the second-floor balcony.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-02-21 at 09:03 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

20. - Top - End - #1370

The skeletal horde struggles against the entangling vines, still mindlessly trying to converge on the doorway.

Tiriel and the druid drop down from above, blocking the skeletons from entering. Tiriel's makeshift club smashes one skeleton into tiny pieces and knocks the skull off of another. Lumpy moves forward beside Tiriel and smashes another two skeletons in one smooth and practiced swing of his flail.

Still up on the second level, Adalmar blows up a pair of skeletons wriggling in the clutches of the druid's animated vines. Lissa aims carefully, but is disappointed when her crossbow bolt passes through the skeleton's ribcage without doing significant damage.

Suddenly there is a flash of light, and over a dozen skeletons are turned to ash in a cone radiating out from the door. Adalmar turns and looks down over the railing, seeing Trinark radiant in Eilistraee's glory. The taciturn drow smiles with satisfaction as the glow fades, seeing the immediate vicinity of the doorway completely cleared.

The remaining skeletons continue to struggle forward toward the doorway, but the vines hamper their progress. More skeletons converge on the front of the building from around the sides, but they too become entangled.

A few bats swoop down in through the open doorway, left over from Khazrael's summoned swarm. In a matter of seconds, however, these few bats are joined by hundreds ... no, thousands of other bats. The dense bat swarm blots out what little moolight and firelight have been illuminating the battle, swallowing up most of the party. Watching from the stairs, Katrin looks at horror at Khazrael, still clinging to the rafters above. He looks back down at her, equally stricken. This isn't my doing, his expression seems to say.

OOC: Twenty(!) more skeletons destroyed, for a total of 60. Sixty more skeletons remain.

Four bat swarms converge on the lower level, covering a 4 square by 4 square area in front of the doorway. Thokk (2), Lumpy (5), Tiriel (0), Ssathiya (4), Aeroz (2), Callos (3), Trinark (4), and Achkby (6) all take damage (noted in parentheses).

Next round, each of the above characters must make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-21 at 10:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

The dwarf continues his stride forward, and begins to hack away at the skeletons, trying not to heed the bats

Thokk Fort Save (1d20+10=21)

Thokk to hit 1 (1d20+9=10)

Thokk to hit 2 (1d20+4=6)

22. - Top - End - #1372

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

As he searches for an opening through which to cast his spells, Achkby pauses for a moment to secure the scroll in its protective case. However, in his frantic maneuvering, doesn't notice the bat swarm until it is nearly upon him. As he is engulfed he thrashes about madly trying (unsuccessfully) to shake the vermin free.

[OOC]
    Fortitude Save (1d20+4=21)
    (I forgot to include Achkby's name there, you can trust me or roll for yourself.)
    [/OOC]

Despite the many bites and scratches he endures, Achkby remains level-headed. He fights to the swarm's edge, if he can find it, and with a simple but rarely-used incantation releases into its midst a spray of fire.

[OOC]
    Spell Failure (1d100=55)
    Burning Hands Damage (5d4=12)
    HP now 16
    [/OOC]
    Last edited by HempRope; 2007-02-21 at 11:12 PM.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

23. - Top - End - #1373

Lizardman Druid
    (for the previos round)

The lizardman swings with his club hitting the skeleton beside him with Lissa's bolt in its ribs.His club almost gets blocked by the shield but manages to connect.

He grunts as bats suddenly appear and mange to land a bite on him.
    OOC:
    Attack: 9 + 6 +1= 16
    Damage: 3+2= 5
    Fortitude: 15 + 7= 22
    HP: 44
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-22 at 11:26 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

24. - Top - End - #1374

Khazrael

"Hah! They're using the same spell!"

His appreciation of the vampires' sense of humor is drowned out by the shrieking swarm. He crawls to the window and appears to be casting a spell, but it quickly becomes quite clear that he's simply making a rude gesture at the trio outside.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

Callos could almost see were he had to go when the sound of flapping wings came to his ears.

"You've got to be kidding me..." He muttered to himself only seconds before the bat swarm enveloped him. Thrashing his arms around, trying to bat the small furry menaces away from him. Getting buffeted by their wings and tiny bites as his vision swam.

I have to get out of here! He thought to himself as he looked for the stairs and tried to run for them.

((Full fledged run for the stairs. Rolled 11 on the check with +5 on fortitude checks. (forgot to copy the link before exiting page) ))

26. - Top - End - #1376

lizardman druid

It takes a split second to recognise the bats and the unnatural behaviour they exhibited. He radiates natural energy in an effort to counter the enchantment that drove them

Scale and Tooth..
    Wing and Claw..
    ALL are One.
    Your cries are my cries..
    your hunt is my hunt..
    hear me....
    WE ARE ONE.

OOC:
    wild empathy= 18 +3=21
    oops it doesn't need 'speak'
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-22 at 11:47 PM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

27. - Top - End - #1377

Tiriel

She can barely hear the sounds of her friends nearby and has trouble making out those closest to her through the mass of small bodies that suddenly fill the air. Tiriel ignores the bats flirting around her, bah just a distraction, and focuses on destroying the few skeletons she can find.

[Fort. Save: (1d20+8=27)]

Attack: (1d20+9, 1d6+5=[17, 9], [2, 5]) = 26 to hit, 7 damage
    Cleave: (1d20+9, 1d6+5=[7, 9], [4, 5]) = 16 to hit, 9 damage

and Init: (1d20+3=17) because I forgot to add it before and it might start to matter soon.
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-02-22 at 04:41 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Well, that was worse than useless. Lissa takes a moment to swear a heartfelt curse, then takes a deep breath and eyes the situation below once more. Just about everyone's wounded, and Trinark can only do so much... why couldn't this have waited until AFTER I had my spells back?! Because Beshaba's up there having a good laugh at the party's expense while her sister's back is turned, that's why. "Good one, Trinark, see if you can do it again! I'm coming down to play healer, don't worry if you can't see me!", Lissa shouts in Undercommon.

Clearing her mind, Lissa grasps her holy symbol and quietly begins chanting in Celestial, a very different chant from the one used for healing. As she completes the spell, she gradually fades from view.

Spoiler
    Show
    The invisible gnome moves toward the stairs, drawing her wand from her belt as she goes. Lissa moves faster than she normally would while sneaking, sacrificing some of her stealth for speed.

OOC: Again, yay for domain spells! Cast invisibility (Trickery domain, 2nd level) and move as far as I can toward the nearest wounded person. Attempting to Move Silently at combat speed, which as far as I can tell is a -5 modifier. That section of the rules was a bit unclear, so if I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction!

Move Silently at -5 - (1d20+4)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy growls, letting one hand off his flail to backhand away bats inneffectively. For the most part, he ignores the swarming animals, instead barking out commands as those around him break away from the chokepoint to go for entangled skeletons,

"Don't let them draw ya out! That's what they're waiting for!"

Still he didn't have much of a realistic alternative to standing around and being eaten by bats. He sort of hoped a mage would come up with something.

((OOC Lumpy readies an action to attack the first skeleton to come into melee range

Fort Save (1d20+9=20)
    ))

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Orc in the Playground

Trinark

Satisfied with the diminishing numbers of skeletons and the ease of their fall that they are not a life-threatening problem, Trinark turns his atention upon the recently-flown Callos, no doubt in need of some atention, if not immediate, from his successfull attempt to blow himself up. However before he can move a black curtain falls between them, flapping wings battering his body, the awfull screaching audiable to his sensative elven ears causing him to cringe internally.

Trinark throws his hood over his head, a meager attempt at protecting his face from the gnashing, pin-like teath and sharp little claws that lacerate his exposed skin. His mind, calm and collected as always, analises his position in a moment.

Option One: Staying put to help the mele fighters weather this storm. His current situation could not be held for long. Even if he could heal himself sufficiently each round to survive this attack he would be of no use to the others present.

Option Two: Attempt to retreet from the storm up the stairs. They might follow him or they might not. He would be leaving the others behind, potentialy, and if they followed then so would the bats.

Option Three: Atempt to flee the building. Not a viable option. Outside were many skeletons which, though their numbers were depleated, were no doubt capable of overcoming him on his own. He would also be vulnerable to the Vampires who were currently prevented from attacking directly through the fact that they were not able to enter the building wiithout invitation, or at least he hoped not.

The swarm was unnatural. He could feel it. Even in the underdark bats did not attack often, very rarely en mass. It reminded him... it reminded him of the wizards. Some were powerfull enough they could make even the non-docile underdark creatures follow their will.

If only there was some way that we could break their controll over them.

However Trinark can think of nothing to dispell the bats. He also would not abandon his friends during their time of need. Through the mass of beating wings he sees Callos making a dash for the stairs. Now he feels torn. Help Callos who was most likely in desperate need of aid after the blast but abandon the others who were down there fighting gamely on against all odds or stay with them and let Callos be overun by more bats and possibly ripped to shreads? It was a difficult choice. If he went after callos he would potentialy be drawing more bats with him, endangeing Callos further.

It was settled then, he would stay and support the dwarf and the half-orc and the half-elf and Tiriel and, of course, Ssathiya. He could not leave his friends now. As the lizardman would put it, it was one's duty to protect the tribe. That is what he must do now. Over the flapping of manmy tiny wings and the squeeking of many tiny voices Trinark overhears Lumpy's comands and makes his way over to him.

"I will stay as long as I can to heal wounds, Lumpy, but I fear I must soon reatreat or be eaten alive," he calls out over the din of the bats.

[Ooc: Fortitude save (1d20+4=22)]

Kurt