New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Star Wars: Reconstruction

((Alright, we've only got one person for now, but I will leave recruitment open so others may join. If you are ok going in with just two people, we shall move on once he is done))

2. - Top - End - #272

(((I'm Good either way)))
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #273

((And so we have two more. Once they are ready to go, we shall move on. I'll keep the entire group together (including those who dropped) for now, but I'll have them leave in such a way where there will be room for them to return if they should ever get the time/inclination. So, again, just hang in there a little while longer and we'll be ready to go))

4. - Top - End - #274

((Ok, here we go))

As everyone is getting ready for departure, a figure comes running towards the ship and the departing sequence is stopped. Over the intercom comes the voice of Admiral Niel.

"After some deliberation among me and the other leaders, we have decided to add to your group. If you would lower the ramp, we'll make introductions and you can get underway."

5. - Top - End - #275

Bandak Jast

After aborting the lunch sequence and placing the ship in to standby mode Bendak flips the switch that opens the hatch and lowers the Ramp, getting up from the pilots seat and heads to the boarding ramp.

Character links

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Tien Vor

At the bottom of the ramp stood a Sullustan male. He was quite tall for one of his species, reaching nearly one point eight meters with enough weight to fill everything out but leaving him just a bit more in the way of lean or wiry in build. He was dressed in a relatively plain tan and gray flight suit adorned with a sewed on patch at the right shoulder depicting a hawkbat. His glossy black eyes were alight with excitement as he started straight up the ramp, running his hands along the ship's outer hull until he met Bendak at the top.

[Sullustan]"So this is the ship I'll be flying? Looks like a sturdy old girl! Is that the lateral sensor cluster I see over to port? Or is that some sort of communications array? Oh, hey buddy!"[/Sullustan] The alien bustles past Bendak into the freighter, slapping him on the shoulder as he passes. As he walks out of sight you hear him continue to mutter to himself, punctuated every now and then by excited or disappointed exclamations about some ship system or another.

(( OOC: Let's get this show on the hyperspace route! ))
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

7. - Top - End - #277

Default Mando'aRe: Star Wars: Reconstruction

Bendak a 6’ foot tall human with pale skin and a trim build weighing 185.2 lb. he wares a combination of Jedi robes and his Gray and Black speckle Camouflage pattern Mando'a armour, a dark brown Utility belt with Holster and DL-44 resting in it and a lightsaber hanging off it. He has rugged features with a scar on the bridge of his nose with Pale skin and blue eyes and Sandy Brown hair. Bendak smiles and chuckles to himself, as he semi-shouts, Nice to meet you I'll see you in the cockpit.

Character links

8. - Top - End - #278

((That may or may not be everyone. We up for moving along now or waiting til tomorrow afternoon for any stragglers?))

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

((I'm kind of itching to get started, but if it looks like we might be getting someone else we can have Bendak and Tien stall a little getting the ship ready.))

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280

((I'm good with what ever you want to do))

Character links

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Tien Vor

By now Tien had made his way to the cockpit and had settled into the pilot's cushioned acceleration seat. He ran his hands lovingly over the controls, checking the status of the engines and the navicomputer. "Hey, big human! Come here, I want to talk to you about something!" he yelled over his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282

Bendak was already on his way back to the cockpit when the Sullustan called, once Bendak enters the cockpit he say, although i chose to take big Human as a complement, for future reference my Name is Bendak Jast, so what is the question, as bendak now settle himself in to the co-pilots seat.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #283

((Sorry, I'm hardly ever online over the weekend. Thats time for my kids.))

Kadlo hustles over to the ramp of the starship, watching as the Sullustan and the Human move into the interior of the ship. [Duran]I've fixed computers and hyperdrives when everyone else has given up on them, you'd think I could program a watch,[/Duran] he mutters to himself. Huffing and puffing, he finally reaches the ramp. [Basic]I'm here, he wheezes, I'm here.[/Basic]
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

14. - Top - End - #284

((Ah, well then, if we are moving along on the weekends, how would you like your char to be handled? Want me to NPC him? You could email me possible actions as well *shrug*))

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus112
    ((Ah, well then, if we are moving along on the weekends, how would you like your char to be handled? Want me to NPC him? You could email me possible actions as well *shrug*))
    ((Based on the events of Friday, I could PM you possible actions and then let you NPC him over the weekend. I will try to check in as I can, but I work crazy hours during the week and with their own after school activities there's not alot of free time to spend with them; so I try to do as much with them on the weekend as possible.))

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, I'd never insult an armed human. You guys get really scary when you're angry...especially the ones that carry...those..." the Sullustan looked suspiciously at Bendak's lightsaber and shivered. "Man, I've heard stories about Jedi and none of them were good. Is that what you are? You're not going to crawl around in my head are you?" the Sullustan raised his hands to his head and pressed down protectively, as if to physically keep Bendak from mind-probing him.

"Uh...anyway...I was going to ask how she handled. Have you flown her before?" he slowly brought his hands down to rest on the control panel.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

((Well, I was going to move the story on, but character interaction is going on, and I'm a big proponent of that. So if you all want to carry on for a little while with the interaction, feel free to do so. If not, I'll move the story along.))

Bendak, you've never flowin in this freighter before, so you have little knowledge of it.

18. - Top - End - #288

You don't have to worry about me reading your mind, at the moment I'm what you'd call Force-challenged, But as to the ships handaling not a clue this woud be my first flight in her. says Bendak.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

"First trip, too? Well, the old girl's not a virgin but I'll put her through her paces well enough. You may want to strap yourself...yourselves in, rather. Who are you?" Tien leaned around Bendak to spy the Duros that just arrived.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Kadlo moves forward to the cockpit, dragging his pack behind him. "Kadlo Altorubb at your service," he says, while bowing slightly at the waist. "Pilot, navigator, but more specifically, Starship Engineer."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, we've got a pilot," Tien says rather defensively, but quickly lets it go, "but the copilot's chair's yours if you can wrestle it away from the big, heavily armed human, Kadlo. Welcome aboard the...er...does she even have a name? Let me pull up her I.F.F. beacon settings." Tien's hands danced across the controls, bringing up the information on the screen in front of him.

(( OOC: I heard "Forerunner" before. Are we still going with that or can I make up a new name? ))

EDIT: Fixed the thing with the copilot's chair.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

"Thank you," Kadlo says as he plops himself down in the co-pilot's chair. Noting Tien's defensive attitude, Kadlo adds, "Of course, I'm only a passable pilot. Hyperdrives are my true calling. Knowing how to pilot the vessel only helps improve my understanding of how the engines react." At which point, he engages the engineering displays and checks the engines. "I don't recall the Admiral saying anything about anyone else joining us. I think its time to seal 'er up and be on our way."

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Graybacca
    Bendak was already on his way back to the cockpit when the Sullustan called, once Bendak enters the cockpit he say, although i chose to take big Human as a complement, for future reference my Name is Bendak Jast, so what is the question, as bendak now settle himself in to the co-pilots seat.
    (((ybn1197 you character Kadlo is going to have a hard time seating in the co-polits seat as bendak is already seated in it, and he's not a bad pilot himself with a pilot skill at 11 ))

Character links

24. - Top - End - #294

((Ok, some points of clarification. No one needs to be defensive :P, unless it's all in character, hehe. Also, the Forerunner was the shuttle they were on before. Right now, all you can find is the technical name for the ship, which is YT-1300 - DBC. As for the current situation, work that out amongst yourselves, hehe. Of course, feel free to go back and edit posts as needed.))

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Tien grinned when he saw the I.F.F. beacon's read. "As for some odd reason this ship hasn't been named yet, and as it is decidedly unlucky to fly a ship with no name, it is my extreme pleasure to welcome you both aboard the Aurora Sprite, my new friends." he announced.

Tien had picked one of the names that were bouncing about in his skull for when he finally got his own ship. If he was lucky, he'd be able to get out of this job with the hugely customizable YT-1300 Corellian light freighter at his fingertips. She was beautiful and he wanted her... In fact, he was already thinking about it as his ship, hence the use of the name he really liked. He ran his hands over the controls lovingly and began the startup routine.

Apparently, the ship had been cared for well enough, as the sublight engines spun to life with a powerful whine, warming up. He felt a low, pleasing vibration thrum through the floorboards and into his legs. "Kadlo's right. Someone seal that hatch while I cut in the repulsorlifts. I want to see what this old bird can do."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Graybacca

(((ybn1197 you character Kadlo is going to have a hard time seating in the co-polits seat as bendak is already seated in it, and he's not a bad pilot himself with a pilot skill at 11 ))
    ((Uh, whoops. Missed that. In which case, Kadlo would have sat down in one of the reat seats.))

The vibration of the sublight engines brought a smile to Kadlo's face. Obviously, they were well-taken care of. At Tien's prompt, Kadlo will seal the hatches and make the ship ready for departure.

27. - Top - End - #297

Bendak Seating in co-pilot says, Nice name, personally i was thinking of Verda Tal and if you don't speak Mondo'a it means Warriors Blood, but Aurora Sprite works, now let log that in to the ships data banks, and then i think I'll pull up the Aurora's spics and see what type of offencive and defencive capability we have.

Computer Use (1d20+12=19)

Character links

28. - Top - End - #298

((For those who don't recognize the model number (I'm sure you all do), it is the same freighter type as the Milennium Falcon, but not nearly as customized. It has a basic shield system and a laser turret along with the forward guns))

29. - Top - End - #299

((( the foward gun is that the small drop down autoblaster,. like on the falcon. So looking at stats in the book we add a 30 point shield genarater and and an extra lasser, and standerd x2 hyperdrive right.)))

Character links

30. - Top - End - #300

((Seems about right, yes))