New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: Reconstruction

Manuever +13 (+2 size + 11 crew pilot skill) (1d20+13=15)
    proton torpedo attack (1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=21)
    proton torpedo Damage (9d10*2=106, 9d10*2=110)

Bendak brings his fighter in line with the IMP STAR DUCE, He pairs off his Proton torpedoes and lunches and fires 2 torpedoes
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyra, battle happy pilot

Tyra turns her fighter towards the massive bulk of the Star Destroyer and switches her weapons over to proton torpedoes and fires.

well at least it’s an easy target

Maneuver

Attack d20+16=34 12(bab)+6(fire control)+2(size) –4 (non proficient)

Damage 65 x2= 130

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gold Seven Torpedo bay two firing.

Missle attack
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=566374

Damage=32*2=64
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=566376
    Barely scratched the damn thing
    I see a blue smurf and I want him painted black

Just when you thought it was safe to think, here comes mental piracy.

4. - Top - End - #214

Your torpedoes are actually hitting, so you can tell the shields are down by this time.

((Ryth, keep making attack rolls on your turn. There are still a few TIE's attacking the Calamari cruiser.))

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #216

Character links

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyra

Tyra switches her weapons over to duel linked torpedoes, waits for a solid lock and opens fire.

((( full attack with duel linked torpedoes

attack rolls
    Attack1:
    30=14(1d20)+6(bab)+6 (dex)+2(size)+6 (fire control)-4(non proficient)

attack 2
    28=17(1d20)+1(bab)+6(dex) +2 (size) +(6 fire control)-4(non proficient)

damage rolls

62x2= 124
    57x2=114
    59x2=118
    48x2=96
    Total damage = 452
    )))

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

((would someone else play rules lawyer i hate being that guy))

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

Korr
    Korr fires again but his ineptness with the control scheme makes him miss again ((11))
    Good, bad, I\'m the one with the gun.&&-Army of Darkness

10. - Top - End - #220

((Tryin to keep track of it, but I'm not all knowing w/ DnD and the offshoots like this, heh. If someone sees something, bring it to my attention.))

After more concentrated fire, the last of the TIE's go down and the Remnant cruiser quiets down and begins to drift through space. A few seconds later, it explodes in a bright flash of light.

Admiral Niel's voice crackles over the intercom, "Good job, soldiers, come on back."

11. - Top - End - #221

Bendak Jast

Flipping the sitch that powers down his weapons and returns the Strike-foil in to there cruse mode he then reaches to flip the sitch for the shields when he realized that he never turn them on. he just whistle in amazement. Bendak quickly lands his ship. once on the deck he get out of the ship and waits for the others to land.

Character links

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Lawyer part first: Fire linked weapons act as one weapon that have added one die only to the damage for every time you double the weapons so he could have fired 4 torpedos but it the total damage they would have done is for two attacksplus an extra die if he had four torpeod launches linked it would sill only add two dice the reason is they all relatively hit the same place and have the same explosive radius thus only moderately extending damage. but that also means he only needs two attack rolls))

Zax

Gold Seven coming homei

13. - Top - End - #223

((Good call. As it was, you were all only adding a slight amount of damage to the Remnant ship, and TIE's are easily brought down anyway. I will keep an eye out for that in the future though, thanks :))

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyra

Reaching back to her left behind her head, Tyra flips the switch that closes the strike foils on her B wing and heads back to the cruiser.

(((Ahh, thanks for the rules lawyering. It didn’t look right so I cleared that with the dm first. I couldn’t find the info on duel linked torpedoes… care to give a page?)))

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

((pg 214 second to last section says fire linked missles and it says that they behave like fire linked weapons which is explained three sections before that.))

Zax

When Zax gets out of the ship he checks the astromech drioid he was flying with (take 20 which should give me 33 for either repair or for craft droid) and make any repairs necessary. Afterwards he will find out if there is a briefing if not then he will head off to bed its been a long dayl

16. - Top - End - #226

There is a bit of a celebration going on in the hangar as those pilots who returned (most did) are celebrating their victory. Admiral Niel and Master Nrook approach the four of you.

"The Force was with us on this day," declares Master Nrook.

"Indeed," is all Admiral Niel says to that. "Anyway, more has been discovered about the Holocrons that you recovered from Coruscant. Go ahead and get some sleep. The four of you will be part of a de-briefing in two days time. Keep yourselves busy until then. Along with floors that need scrubbing, some of our fighters need repairs now. That will be all."

Admiral Niel salutes the four of you and turns on his heel and begins to walk away. Master Nrook bows slightly and follows after him.

((Your droid was fine by the way. If anyone wants to do anything of note over the next two days, go ahead and post your actions and I'll address them one at a time. If not, we'll move onto the de-briefing.))

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

Korr
    After congratulating his teammates and some celebration.Korr studies the schematics for the lightsaber and tries to assemble pieces for it from parts around the ship.
    Good, bad, I\'m the one with the gun.&&-Army of Darkness

18. - Top - End - #228

Bendak spend several hours cleaning his equipment and weapons, Bendak then decided to help Korr find the necessary parts by also studying the schematics of the lightsaber and enlisting the help of the Astromech droid that flow with him in the X-Wing R2-D7

(( Day 1 Search (1d20+7=12) ))
    (( Day 2 Search (1d20+7=11) ))

Character links

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

(((Feel free to skip ahead if you want. Even though the others have some things that need to be resolved first. ))

20. - Top - End - #230

((Just waitin on smurf))

Unfortunately, the two of you dont find too much to begin building a lightsaber. When asked about one of the main components, the crystals, most just give you a blank stare. Master Nrook and the others nod in recognition, but don't know of any place to get said crystals.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zax spends most of the time in the hanger fixing fighters and droids damaged in the fight as well as repaiting the capital ship where he can.

22. - Top - End - #232

((I am on vacation, so won't be able to have access to computers all of the time. I will update when I can. Worse comes to worst, I'll be back on Sunday and I will update then. Apologies for the delays))

23. - Top - End - #233

((Alright, I'm back. Sorry for the week off. Down to business))

Two days later, you are all called to a briefing room. The Jedi Masters are all there. Admiral Niel and a few other high ranking officers are there as well. Lieutenant Solo is standing at Admiral Niel's side, looking on expectantly. As soon as everyone is accounted for, Admiral Niel steps forward and begins to talk, as images from the devices you four rescued are shown in the background via a Holo Projector.

"Thanks to the courageous efforts of four of our agents, we have recovered some key data from the time before the Civil War. The devices these four recovered, called Holocrons, are storage devices that Jedi Masters used to use as teaching methods. While the data recovered from these holocrons is a good step forward, they were by no means complete. Master Nrook and the others believe that more are hidden throughout the Galaxy at significant points. These Holocrons help to strengthen that belief. What is said here, gentlemen, must be kept within this group. We believe there is a spy amongst us, leaking information to the Remnant. That is why they were on Coruscant, and that is how they followed our four volunteers back to the Dauntless. We will be working heavily over the next weeks and months in an attempt to discern the locations of other holocrons. That is all. Those four who found the holocrons must stay, however."

The others, including Lieutenant Solo file out of the room. Admiral Niel turns to look at the four of you directly.

"My words go doubly for the four of you. Be careful who you talk to over the course of your stay here on the Dauntless. The spy could be anyone, and Master Nrook fears that the spy may have some force training. This spy may even be under the tutelage of Darth Galak, the leader of the Remnant and former member of the Jedi Order. Our next stop will be Dantooine. There are some ruins on that planet that may very well hold more holocrons."

Master Nrook then stands up.

"The Holocrons will speak to you. Do not heed their words, just store them safely away. Upon closer inspection, the other Masters and I believe that the Holocrons are being used to store both Light and Dark side teachings."

Master Nrook then turns and looks directly at Korr.

"My apologies for keeping you in the dark, Padawan. You have proven yourself capable, and the other Masters and I feel it is time for you to begin training with a lightsaber. I know I said earlier that I knew nothing of its construction, and indeed I don't, but the other Masters and I are more than competent with them. Over the course of the journey to Dantooine, I will be training you in its usage."

With these words, Master Nrook pulls a lightsaber from under his robes and turns it on. It glows yellow in the dim light. He turns it off again.

"The four of you, keep an eye out for Ilum crystals whenever you travel." He points to a group of images on the Projector. You now all know what kind of crystals to look for.

"We are still working on the special power source needed for the lightsabers, but we will keep the four of you up to date. Unless any of you have any questions, you are dismissed. And if any of you wish to learn to correctly operate a star fighter, lessons will be held in the hangar every day."

((Apologies for such a long post, heh. If none of you have any questions, let me know if any of you have anything you want to do during the week long trip to Dantooine. Korr, your time is already taken up I'm afraid, heh.))

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyra

After raising her hand, Tyra asks,
    Sir, when are these fighter training courses? I’m interested in attending.

(((( Welcome back, and don't worry about the long reply. I'm just glad the game's still going )))

25. - Top - End - #235

"These courses will be held at 0800 every day until we reach Dantooine. Then we will have more competent fighters should any Remnant come at us again."

26. - Top - End - #236

Bendak just nod about starfighter courses, Bendak then raise his hand and ask, i was wondering if Master Nrook would mind if i sat in on some the lightsaber training, when I'm not at the starfighter training, i have an interest in learning exotic forms of combat.

Character links

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyra

After her question is answered Tyra leaps out of her chair and storms out of the room, Obviously upset about something.
    As she storms down the corridor she tries to work things out in her head.
    I have the chance to learn how to wield those lightsabers, while they’re quite powerful weapons they’re also the symbol of the Jedi order. I doubt they would let non-Jedi wield them. Which means I would have to join their order. But it was Jedi who destroyed my home; I can barely tolerate being in the same room with them, how can I possibly become one? Sure I was told that they were Rogue Jedi but they were still Jedi.
    I have this power, but I can barely control it, every time I try it threatens to get out of control and hurt the ones I don’t wish to hurt. The Jedi offer me a way to learn how to use it, but can I join the same group that’s responsible for destroying my home? It’s true I’ve changed a lot since then, but can I make that big of a change? Frell, I don’t even know what I’m doing working for them.

Her thoughts echo in her head as she rushes down the corridor.

28. - Top - End - #238

Master Nrook looks at Bendak.

"I'm afraid that if you wish to learn how to wield a lightsaber, you must join our Order. If you are willing to do so, then by all means, come to these training sessions. If not, I'm afraid that while you may be able to look on, you won't be able to receive any training."

Master Nrook then looks after the fleeing form of Tyra, a look of sympathy on his face. Then he sighs.

"If Tyra wishes to walk the path," Master Nrook thinks to himself, "she must do it of her own volition."

((So, whose doing what?))

29. - Top - End - #239

Master Nrook i need some time to think about this decision before i give you my answer, i should have an answer for you by the time of the first lessons. with that Bendek gets up and leave the meeting. he head and grabs some food on his way to his cabin, after thinking for a couple hours and head to the hanger deck, for his flight training lesson, after the flight training Bendak head to where the lightsaber training is to be held to give Master Nrook his answer, Master Nrook i do admit that i have some doubts about Joining but i have never been one to let my doubts stop me from doing some thing, so if you'll have me i would be willing to join the jedi order.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Being that there are almost no force sensitive people amongst the Defel he can't and really has no interest in learning to use a lightsaber. He also can't really get any better at flying a fighter so instead he decides to put around the ship working where he can find work helps build a few extra astromech droids for the ones that were lost in the battle.