New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((they did? Hell, I'm confused now...))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

((I also thought Masaya picked up Chion and Masumi, and only Vrishma stayed with Ikeira, but it could be Masumi overheard us. It's nothing that would change the plot, is it?))

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Yes Chion and Masaya left))

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

(Ok, so we'll just say that Chion and Masaya are outside walking down the street, but Masumi was in the door leaving... so:
    Everyone knows about the curse except Chion,
    Masaya thinks only he, Vrishma and Ikiera know.)

5. - Top - End - #425

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will walk with Masaya to the inn directly. Occasionally shifting the naginata from one shoulder to the next. upon reaching the Inn Chion will sit down. "Go inside and find this guide Masaya, I will wait here." Chion will practice some basic foot work drills very slowly while waiting.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well.
    Masaya walks into the inn, and looks around.
    Excuse me! I'm looking for a man by the name of Nobutada?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC: I'm in agreement with the situation, and assume that Masumi didn't open her big mouth... there's also technical reason she coulda passed a listen check, but nonetheless I'm really, really sorry about this....)

Masumi pads away outside, comming to the inn and falling in line near Chion, her features breifly looking as if she's the recipient of an unfunny joke, but her dry manner returns when she speaks.

"Where's Masaya?"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

((Are Vrishma and Ikeira dismissed from the audience?))

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

((If that's all there was for you to say, yes. You can head to the inn. The Wii and the new Zelda are both really ****ing cool and awesome, by the way, hehe))

At the inn, there is a small man in shabby clothing at the bar. His shabby clothing looks to be quite thick. As he turns around, he squints suspiciously at Masaya.

"I am Nobutada. What business is it of yours?"

10. - Top - End - #430

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will stop practicing and look at Masumi "He's in there" nodding towards the Inn. Chion stares off into the disant mountains. "Hopefully he can find the guide in there." then Chion will slowly look to Masumi "Did you just talk to me ??" the shocked look on his face is telling.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya bows, but only slightly, this man is after all his social inferior.
    Greetings, Nobutada! Let me buy you a drink.
    Masaya sits down at the bar, and orders more of whatever he's already having for Nobutada. Then he turns back to him.
    I have a business proposition for you. I need a guide to take me and 4 others on a trip to a temple in the mountains. I've asked around, and you were recommended.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Having taken his leave from the magistrate with as much etiquette as he can muster Yet I wonder if saying "May the Great Tree's blossom s forever fall over you and yours," was a good idea, I do., Vrishma nears the tavern. He sees Chion practicing and for a moment looks at him uncertain Ah, our young foal is prancing again, he is. I wonder myself whether I should adjoin him, I do... but maybe later. The spirits willing, there will be time a-plenty for games on the way..

He is present at the exchange between Masumi and Chion and he sharpens his ears. Ah, are the two youths flirting, I wonder? This may make our journey so much the merrier. He approaches calmly, however, and does not make any comment as he goes near.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-11-21 at 02:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

Nobutada's eyes brighten a bit at the mention of more alcohol, and brighten a bit more at the mention of a temple.

"Ah, taking a trip to the last known destination of Genki the Sage, are we? I can take you up there, right enough. I have a few claims staked out that I need to check on, so I'll even lower my fee. What were you plannin on offerin Master...?":

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

(Masumi's like 25...)
    "...Yes. Consider my earlier silence part of my eccentric nature; having the trees and the mountains as your only companions for so long won't make me a good hostess...."

Masumi shrugs at Chion while she leans against the wall. She looks no where near as sour as she did a moment go but it almost seems as if she's bothered by something.

"Also, I've found that perhaps I was a bit... Headstrong earlier when I asked your father if you needed a teacher... but there's bound to be someone we'll run into who can't swing a sword properly..."

15. - Top - End - #435

PirateGuy

Chion

"Interesting, my thnkas for your admission that I might posses some small amount of skill. I apppreciate your honesty its refreshing after so much in court." Slight bow to Masumi. "If you like we could spar sometime so I can find out what secrets the rocks and trees passed on to you."

Chion will proceed in slowly moving around an invisible x on the ground using this technigue to increase his balance and look around at the same time. Anyone observing will see a look of boredom on his face.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya grins. How much do you usually charge?
    (He ain't gonna out-haggle me!)

17. - Top - End - #437

PirateCaptain

Ikeira keeps walking a slight frown on his face. he enters the inn and heads straight for masaya.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma, back to his cheerful self, nods to Masumi and Chion. Ah, noble warriors, shall you not join us inside, I ask? I appreciate your dedication, I do, but matters no less important await, he says, beckoning them towards the entrance.

19. - Top - End - #439

PirateGuy

Chion

"I will stand out here where the air is fresh noble shamen, that way Masaya can be himself and you can discuss what you must in private. I will be here standing here waiting."

Chion will continue his training/looking around in all directions..

20. - Top - End - #440

Nobutada grins some, and begins to rub his hands together eagerly.

"Well, it is awfully cold up in the mountains just now. Some of the passes may be snowed in. Then there's the matter of food..."

This goes on for awhile, as Nobutada begins to tick of "necessities."

"I suppose I could take you up there, say, for one hundred gold."

The innkeeper gives a small start at this figure and drops the glass he was cleaning.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

"I, as well... If Bayushi-san wishes to tell me anything about what has happened, I believe he'd do so...."

Masumi gives a double meaning answer as she leans against the wall,looking off indifferently...

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you'll just be guiding us, we can hunt food ourselves, I'm sure our shaman has something for the warmth, (Can Shamans cast Endure Elements?) and one of our number is an experienced mountaineer. We're all used to harsh conditions and can pull our weight, so... 20 gold. Masaya grins.

23. - Top - End - #443

PirateGuy

Chion

"and that is the difference between us Masumi, yin and yang, you are wanted here and he will come around to you. I am a weight on his conscience and if his words swing true to his sword, I am not needed as he told my father. I will finish out this hike to the mountain and go my own way."

Chion will continue working on his footwork and now the pattern becomes more complex as he is currently working against multiple oppenents.

24. - Top - End - #444

Nobutada's eyes light up a bit more and his nose begins to twitch.

"This is true, but I'm the only one who knows the way to the temple. You could wander around up there for months and not even find the right trail. So, what say you to 75 gold?"

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looks to the side, his head nodding for a moment as Masumi speaks, then he looks at Chion. When he speaks, his tone is half conciliatory, half uncertain. Hm, mayhaps something there truly is, I wonder. I may have to keep my ears open around those two, I may. I have wondered myself, I have. As a mouse does not refuse a sheath of grain for the winter, one who expects trouble does not refuse an extra sword, I say. Yet, you - the son of a magistrate you are, master Chion. Perhaps he does not want to be held responsible if anything happens, I think.

He shrugs as his words trail off, and his tail drops a little. In I will go now, I will, to see how they are doing. Come in when you want. Saying that, he enters the inn and goes near Masaya.

((OOC: I had forgotten that Vanara apparently have a tail... this could be fun))

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

That would make sense, I suppose. I'm a clanless instructor who no one would shed a tear over the loss of, and you're a beloved son... or A Son, anyway; I don't know the extent of your father's heart. In anycase, you may as well come with us; neither you or I have... been through whatever joined the trio together in the firts place, and I imagine the only reason I haven't been bounced is because of my charming personality. So, in short, I would wager that we both need to make ourselfs valuable..."

Her eyes closed the entire time, Masumi seems awfully nonchalant with her monologue, arms folded in the sleeves of her kimono...

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks amused, and scratches his cheek under his mask.
    True to an extent, you are the only one who can find it from this town, but there are other towns and other guides. 75 gold is a lot of money, I could feed a village of heimin for a month on that! I will give you 40 gold.
    Masaya turns and sees Vrishma enter. Ah Vrishma! This is Nobutada, who we hope will take us to the mountains. Come and sit with us.

28. - Top - End - #448

Nobutada scratches his chin, his nose twitching furiously by now.

"This is true, but you would have a good six, seven day journey to the closest town, and then you'd have to back track this way. What say you to 45 gold?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya thinks about it, then says Alright, it's a deal. When shall we leave?
    He turns to Vrishma.
    Vrishma, we'll need you to use your magic to protect us from the cold when we get to the mountains. (Endure Elements on all of us?)

30. - Top - End - #450

"If I may interject, noble Scorpion," Nobutada says, "there is a store near the North gate that sells all manner of clothing and equpiment needed to scale the mountain. As you're with me, you should get decent prices, as well. I'm ready to leave whenever, but as of our agreement, my time is your time. Let me know when you're ready to leave, and I'll meet you outside the Northern gate."