New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

One of the zombies fall over dead. The other two just sort of stop walking and stand in their tracks. Masumi engages with one of them and scores a solid blow. One elemental hits, the other misses. Chion scores a solid hit on the remaining zombies, but they remain standing.

((Just waitin on Ozzy))

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya appears again, standing over the carcass of the mighty beast. He charges at the 3rd zombie, swinging his mighty blade.
    attack - (d20+9)[15]
    damage - (d10+3)[10]

3. - Top - End - #663

The zombie staggers, but doesn't fall over. It turns to look at you and swings.

((Does a 19 hit?))
    ((If so, 13 damage))

The other zombie attacks one of the water elementals.

((Hmm, that's a 30.))
    ((9 Damage to elemental #2))

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

((Maaan, those must be some hardcore zombies. Makes me wonder just how the bloody creeper got them in the first place...Ok, elemental #2 is at 4. Hey, any chance the elementals make a 5-foot step so that Masaya, Masumi or Chion get flanking bonuses? They're quite dumb, but hopefully they're smart enough to know how to wolf-pack an enemy.

Anyway, last round for the elementals, 2 more rounds for the prayer.)

Vrishma

Vrishma picks up his mace (move action, darn) and with a loud shout calls forth the spirits of the river to judge the creature and send it to the afterlife.

((Cast ancestral vengeance at the zombie Masumi's fighting (or the other one, if she kills it, she goes first in initiative)): damage (DC 16 Fort. save for half) is 5d6=16

The elementals continue with their attacks (flanking is not calculated, again), but it seems the magic that's holding them bound is weakening.

Elemental 1: Attack 26, Damage 11
    Elemental 2: Attack 9 (natural 1), damage 11
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-02-07 at 10:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya tries to dodge the zombie's attack, but doesn't move fast enough. It smashes him back down into the water.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

(Where is Masumi in relation to Masaya. Need to know before her next turn...)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #667

Judging by the way the battle is going, we'll say Masay is about 8 feet to your left.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

attack (1d20+6=22)
    (Man, almost another crit...Wait, you can't crit undead, so never mind)
    damage (1d10+4=12)
    (Add in the two hand (and am I doing that right? I'm fairly sure it's 1.5 damage... to make 18 and then 19 from Prayer.)

Masumi sees Masaya go down and without much thought or consideration about her next action she moves once again this time by the downed samurai's side, her ribbon of steel moving in a deadly arc over her opponent, a rather feral look in the ronin's eyes.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya steadies his legs and stands still again, clutching his hand to his robe as blood leaks out from his chest where he was hit. Seven Kami! he swears, and then vanishes from sight. Only the whistling sound indicates the swing of his katana.
    attack vs flat-footed - (d20+9)[19]
    damage - (d10+3)[12]

(Note: when I said Masaya was knocked down into the water, I don't mean he's on negative HP. I was just trying to be dramatic, as he's just been damaged for about 2/3 of his HP)

10. - Top - End - #670

((That's perfectly fine. As a rule (with me anyway) if more than half your hp is taken away with one attack, you need to roll a fort save or fall unconscious. Don't worry about it this time, hehe, that was some good rping))

Masaya drops the zombie with his ferocious attack after Masumi delivered a crippling blow. There is only the one remaining.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

ikeira

ikeira reloads and mutters something under his breathe and fires another shot
    to hit - (1d20+2)[12]
    if crit threatconfirm crit - (1d20+2)[9]
    damage - (1d8)[7]
    if critcrit damage - (2d8)[10]
    (crits on 19 or 20, point blank shot adds +1 to hit and +2 to damage, precise shot negates firing into melee penalty)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

12. - Top - End - #672

The bolt flies wide of the undead.

13. - Top - End - #673

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will advance quickly on the one that is left as soon he he is within 5 feet of it, he will lever back on to leg and and bring the naginata's blade whistling downward as he stomps the opposite foot down at the same moment as releasing the inhaled breath he was holding.
    Attack
    1d20+14-> [6,14] = (20)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=865121

Damage
    1d10+5-> [2,5] = (7)

Chion is also unconcerned at the condition of the party leader and seems singularly focused on the zombie.

AC:20
    Hp:55
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-02-08 at 05:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

((I have already posted what V would do. The elementals should disappear after this round.))

15. - Top - End - #675

The first elemental hits, but the second misses. Chion scores solidly, but the thing remains standing. Vrishma comes howling in with his mace aloft and chants some sort of spell. The zombie jerks once and then slumps over, unmoving.

If you look around for Nobutada, he is up in a tree looking at this fight, shaking badly.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi, ever the resourceful one, takes the time to reach the closest dead(er) zombie and in a methodical fashion decapitates them. It's gruesome but the ronin-ko seems to at least offer a personal prayer (if however short) before cou-de-gras.

"We'd best get a funeral pyre for the bodies. I don't think it would be prudent to wait for any eta but I'd hate to leave these things here. Chion-san, Bayushi-san, mind helping me make sure the dead stay that way?"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, the shadow-tainted walk while dead one time, why not again? After cleaning and then sheathing his sword, Bayushi Masaya grabs one the zombies and starts to drag it out of the water. If we cannot burn them, we can also bury them face down, so that if they awake they burrow downwards. That is the technique we used in the shadowlands, uh, when I was in the army.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

"You going to leave that head on the shoulders?"

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

And have to carry two things? Masaya grins beneath his mask. Not yet. So do any of you have something to burn these corpses with? Magic perhaps Ikiera?

(I think that's the first time Masaya has called Ikiera by his name, rather than referring to him as Heimin)

20. - Top - End - #680

PirateCaptain

ikeira

"unfortunately i used my fire magic already, i do however note we have burning branches in our campfire with wich to light the pyres once built." Ikeira then moves into the river and begins looking for the body that didnt animate the one that it had been cradleing.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

21. - Top - End - #681

PirateGuy

Chion will shrug at Masumi request and head back to fire to stand watch once more at the shapes in the distance. He will stand resting on the rosewood naginata and let out a long breath. When his watch is done he will go to his sleeping spot.

22. - Top - End - #682

((I wanted to say, a level for everyone))

The pyre gets burning nicely and eventually Nobutada comes down from his tree.

"R...right, e...everyone g..get some good sleep. We'll be starting out early tomorrow."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

(Hooray! Here's my HP roll for leveling up.
    (d10+1)[2])

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

(Well that was great wasn't it? Now he's level 6 he has a mighty 33 HP!)
    Once he's dragged the corpse over to the fire, Masaya slices off his head and starts to set fire to the body with the burning wood.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-02-10 at 07:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ettin in the Playground

(Wait, I'm allready ECL 6. What do you want me to do?)

26. - Top - End - #686

((You can start leveling next time there is a level up, hehe.))

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ettin in the Playground

((Fooey))

Masumi starts dragging the two parts of her corpse and summarily puts them to the torch with the others.

"Let's make sure the stench is dealt with as well... It's horrific."

28. - Top - End - #688

PirateGuy

((OK I will level up)) Chion

Chion will watch the proceedings as the fires go and he returns to his guard duty. The young noble will watch fro four more hour and then awaken the Scorpian clan samurai for his shift.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

After saying a prayer thanking the spirits for their help in victory, and another for the rest of the dead, Vrishma has been uncharacteristically silent for some time. He helps the group prepare a bonfire to burn the bodies of the dead (and if it's not too late) tries to carefully drag the plant-like corpse out of the water for further study.

He spends the remainder of the afternoon in meditation by the water, trying to release the tension that has been holding him back for a while now. Much has happened, indeed, since I came to the human lands. I've met spirits of village and land, I have, battled monsters of death and blood, and with my comrades I have triumphed. Far away from home, I am, yet I hope that the guardian spirits look with favor on us on this journey.

He sits there for a long time, until he senses the connection to the spirits as strong as it was in the mountain valleys where he trained. He thanks the spirits again with a silent prayer and rises, humming a song he'd heard long ago. When he sees Shimikawa (let me know if she's missing too long, Cyrus), he will set her on guard for the night. He will also use speak with animals to contact any small birds in the neighborhood of the camp and ask them to make noise if they hear anything in the night, promising them some rice buns (1 trail ration).

((I'll let you know when I'm finished with the level-up. Cyrus, would the leadership feat be allowed in the game, and who'd run the cohort NPC?))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-02-11 at 05:53 AM.

30. - Top - End - #690

Shimikawa shows up, safe and sound. You do convince some little birdies to keep watch for rice cakes. You manage to get your hands on a vine or two, but most of the monster decomposes into a pile of disgusting shortly after it dies.

((If you think you can handle the cohorts yourself, keeping track of all necessary stats and such, go ahead and to it yourself, V))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-02-11 at 10:49 AM.