New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((Ikeira, despite the awful taste in your mouth right now, you do in fact feel a little bit better))

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi

"Yes; we should get a move on, lest we waste any more time..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma studies the scrolls, carefully, but some of them seem to be showing something too different from his knowledge and he gives them back to Ikeira. He studies the last one for a while, but the way it is written is a little alien to him, and he puts it in his basket for further study. He takes out a small parcel out of it before he puts it on his back, and stashes it somewhere in his robe.

Ready I will be, I will, as soon as we have broken camp. he says, beginning to pick up what he used as a bedroll. If there is any time left, he will finish cleaning his weapon and wash his face once again.

((I trust all the scrolls have one spell only, right?))

4. - Top - End - #874

((Hehe, yes each scroll has only one spell unless I state otherwise))

5. - Top - End - #875

((For all those who like the way this game is running, I'm restarting another one that I've had going on GitP for a long time. Anyone interested in perhaps participating, the recruitment thread is entitled Alerian Chronicles: Illumination (Restarting and Recruiting). One bit of warning. The post is ah...just a wee bit on the long side))

Nobutada crawls out of his tent, and packs up all of his things in a very short amount of time. It is obvious he has done this many, many times.

"Noble sirs, I am at your disposal. I'm ready to leave whenever the rest of you are. A word of warning, however. The mountain has a rather large population of Yeti's and it's a bit of a hike up to the base camp. The sooner we start out the better. If you all have heavy clothing, now would be the time to wear it, as it can get very cold on the mountain."

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi just LOOKS at the guide with the most exasperated, sour grapes expression she's bothered to show and palms her face angriliy as she pulls on the cloak she was given.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #877

Nobutada returns Masumi's look with one of the most fake "What did I say?" expressions on his face and then gives Masumi a mischievous little wink.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. Let's be off. Masaya stands, adjusting his mask and then his scabbards. He rolls up his bedroll into his backpack, and then puts it on. He walks to the edge of the camp, and turns, waiting for the others.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: Sense motive!!

Sense Motive (1d20+4=9)

(...dammit)

10. - Top - End - #880
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will gather his supplies, bedroll and pull on his extra clothes and grizzly bear fur cloak. Once everything is secured and he looks more like a plains raider than noble son. "Good, Let us see how wise these Yeti's are, if they dare to match our skills with theirs." Chion will run slightly to catch up Masaya and take second behind his lordship.

11. - Top - End - #881

((What was that sense motive for?))

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

(Basically if he's just joking or if he knows something she doesn't want him to...)

13. - Top - End - #883

((Ah, right. So, anything else need to be done before the trek up the mountain starts?))

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma will ask Ikeira if he is prepared for the cold, and can cast an endure elements on him. Otherwise, he casts it on himself.

15. - Top - End - #885

PirateGuy

Chion

((I'm good Cyrus, ready when you are.))

Chion will smile and start walking with his naginata slung across both shoulders.

16. - Top - End - #886

Nobutada is alert as he motions you all to follow him. He plods along on a game trail that leads up into the mountains. You notice that the higher up the group goes, the more nervous Nobutada begins to get. He starts at the wind. Snow begins to fall heavily. Nobutada's head whips around and looks down the mountain a bit and he sighs.

"I was hoping they'd miss us. They're obviously hungry."

((Spot checks for everyone. Give yourselves a +2 bonus to it as you can all tell what direction Nobutada is looking.

17. - Top - End - #887

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

spot - (1d20+2)[11]

though he still is smoking on his pipe Ikeira has been moving at a normal pace since the aquisition of the bag of holding, it appears his slowed movement was merely due to the weight of the gear he was carrying.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

18. - Top - End - #888

PirateGuy

Chion

Spot:1d20+2-> [17,2] = (19)

Chion eyes are scanning the terrain and he unlinmbers the Naginata to his side from his shoulder. "Hope what isn't interested Nobutada ?"
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-03-22 at 07:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya glances around. What, is it the yetis?
    (spot - (d20+4)[12])

20. - Top - End - #890

PirateGuy

Chion

"Wolves, I bet." Chion will continue to look for his adversaries.

21. - Top - End - #891

((Masumi, you recognize as this being the general area where you saw the yetis. Out of those who have posted spot checks, only Chion catches a glimpse of something))

Chion, you see a large, humanoid shape tracking your movements as you make your way up the mountain.

22. - Top - End - #892

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will chuckle and then say in a low voice "Masaya, we are being tracked by Yeti. We should tighten up ranks and perhaps exchange places."

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya snarls. You're right. He gestures to Vrishma, Ikiera and Nobutada. You 3, get between us. We may be ambushed from any side, so I want you and you, he says pointing to Masumi and Chion, to guard the sides, to the back. I'll go at the front. We need to continue on, if we're lucky they'll give up and go for easier prey.

24. - Top - End - #894

Nobutada groans.

"There's another one coming from the other direction. I think they're trying to herd us towards that cave that is farther up this path. No doubt an ambush is waiting. Do you want to make a stand here? I can be of a little help. I have a bow. And these things are less frightening than that...horrid...thing in the river."

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks around. Is there any other way we can go?
    (What is the terrain like?)

26. - Top - End - #896

The terrain is a bit uneven and being covered by snow. You are following a path that is generally heading up. You can make out the yeti's now as they are a bit closer. One is behind you, the other is flanking off to the left. The path you are on goes right by the cave, although you can barely make it out in the snow.

"I don't know how many are in this pack," says Nobutada. "It could be anywhere from one or two more to maybe five or six."
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-03-22 at 09:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya's head whips from side to side, looking around. By the Kami! We're going to have to kill them here, where we can bring our numbers to bear... I've got an idea though. Nobutada, get out your bow. Masumi, Chion, stand in front of Ikiera and Nobutada, facing those two yetis. Vrishma, get behind the rest, in case a yeti comes from the cave. I'm going to try and sneak up and kill the yetis one by one.

(Ok, this is what I'm thinking layout wise:
    ----------Cave
    -----------Path
    ------------
    Path
    ------------
    Path
    ------------------Vrishma
    --------------Nobutada Ikiera
    Yeti--------Masumi
    --------------------Chion

----------------Yeti ------------)
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-22 at 09:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898

((It's about right, only that bottom Yeti is taking a path slanting towards the group))

29. - Top - End - #899

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will move to the indicated spot and wait for the Yeti to get closer.

30. - Top - End - #900

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira frowns slightly then begins scanning the skies.
    " masaya wait one second. think for a moment. and ask yourself this, when do normally docile creatures of nature become agressive, especially the more intelligent ones like the yeti?"

spot for weather conditions - (1d20)[14]
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY