New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Are they normally docile? Masaya is still peering around, to make sure there are no more yetis. I heard they are ravenous beasts. Do you want me to kill them or not? We need to decide quickly.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

A short grunt comes from Nobutada.

"It's bad weather up here on the mountain. Food is in short supply. The yetis aren't docile normally. They are aggressive. They are even more so now. I would think that it would be best to take care of these two and then try and sneak around the cave. But then again, this isn't my trek. We must hurry up and decide. If we wait too long, they'll just call the remaining yeti's from the cave down here and we'll be effectively surrounded."

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, I'll kill them. Masumi-san, Chion-san, I'm relying on you to protect the others.
    With that he vanishes. You see footprints rapidly moving towards the nearest Yeti, but quickly covered by snow.
    Suudenly a blade appears, lodged in the yeti's gut, and Masaya materialises holding it.

(attack vs flat-footed - (d20+12)[21]
    base damage - (d10+3)[8]
    Iajitsu check - (d20+10)[30])
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-23 at 09:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

(Extra damage
    (7d6)[22], so 30 damage overall)
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-23 at 09:05 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905

((Any sort of spot check to counter that?))

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

(He's invisible!)

7. - Top - End - #907
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Damn. Well the Yeti might have seen the footsteps approaching or hear the chrunching snow as Masaya approached.))

Chion will spin the naginata around using a stance which is very unfamilar to the group. His stance wide and fluid.

AC:20/18 flat-footed.
    Full combat bonus
    ((About to use my new feats for 6th level.. We will see.))
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-03-23 at 12:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ettin in the Playground

(Dammit, never EVER make half a post, then get called away and come back to see that others negated what you tried for. Will edit this is a second.)

EDIT:

Masumi

Masumi unslings her katana and keeps it low to the ground, point barely above the snowy hills she paces on, moving to guard one side that brings her close to the ever helpful guide, whom she glances at before focusing on her duty.

(Full defense. She also has combat reflexes so she's definately prepared for anything. However, she's also using that other special ability of hers as well as spot and listen checks to see if anything else may be around here.

Spot and Listen (respectively) (1d20+2=3, 1d20+2=15)

...Wow. So she's snow blind for this round, but at least i botched one of these checks rather than something immensely important.)
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2007-03-23 at 11:58 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #909

Nobutada rummages around in his pack and begins to string his bow. The bow looks a bit ornate. He slings a quiver over his shoulder and knocks an arrow. He looks at Masumi.

"I don't know how much use I'll be with the snow and wind, but I'll try my best," he says a bit nervously.

Masaya drops one of the yeti's. It makes some feeble attempts to keep its entrails inside itself, but it falls over shortly, blood spurting out of its mouth.
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-03-23 at 01:09 PM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

(How far away in feet is the other yeti?)

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

((Wow, you get to work on a paper and the plot flies by :) ))

Vrishma appeared uncharacteristically lost in thought and vapid, until the sound of battle gets to him. He looks around and his eyes clear, then focus on the still-pulsing sign on his hand. Old Man River protect me! Insidious indeed this is, I say.

He looks down at Shimikawa and nods with a single word Taharawa ((Stay)), and spends a moment to clear his head and concentrate.

Listen, Spot - 12, 21

12. - Top - End - #912

((The yeti's rolled terribly on their hide, hehe.))

Vrishma, you see one dead, laying in the snow. There is another about 15 feet away from you. Masaya, you are about 45 ft away from the other yeti.

((What's everyone else doin?))

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

(How close to that Yeti is Masumi? Similar to Vrishma?)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

14. - Top - End - #914

((Yes, Masumi. Your distance to the remaining yeti is about the same as Vrishma's.))

Nobutada draws back and fires, but the the wind picks up and the arrow flies harmlessly wide.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

(Okay, using Dodge against yonder yeti, which bumps the ole AC up a bit)

Masumi
    HP:32/AC:18

Taking a few quick strides, the ronin comes in low against the abominable one and swings upward in a flurry of snow, her face masked with her poker face inspite of the pitched battle.

attack (1d20+6=14)

damage (1d10+4=11)

16. - Top - End - #916

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira stands watching the cave and not the slaughterfest on the yeti
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

17. - Top - End - #917

The yeti stumbles as Masumi delivers a powerful blow, opening a gaping wound in its chest, but it remains up. It attacks Masumi with its claws.

Attack 1 (2 + 7 = 9)

Attack 2 (17 + 7 = 24)

Damage - (5 + 4 = 9)

((Opposed grapple for Masumi))

Grapple - (18 + 11 = 29)

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

(...uh oh A roll of 13 is not going to be good.)

Masumi

There's a bloody spray as Masumi takes a hefty gash left from the yeti's claws, looking stunned by the attack as well before she grabbed by the brute. She struggles futilely with it, thrashing about with pinned sword arms and an oddly panniced look...

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma - HP 39, AC 17

Vrishma opens his mouth widely, but then reconsiders. He looks at Ikeira and lifts his shoulders in a "What can you do?" gesture, then nods at Shimikawa and they both dash towards the yeti. On the way, Vrishma readies his mace and ends with a hefty blow.

Attack, Damage = [/url=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=937485]19,9[/url]

From his side, Shimikawa charges at the yeti and is soon upon it, trying to get at the Yeti's exposed neck.

Attack: 20,9,15 - bite and 2 claws, damage is 8,4,2. ((Er, I'm not sure if I'm reading the pounce entry correctly, it seems to imply that a pounce includes a full attack AND 2 rake attacks, should they be in addition to the claws?))

Also, if Shimikawa hits with the bite attack, she can automatically join the grapple.

20. - Top - End - #920

PirateGuy

Chion will spring attack any Yeti within his range and weilding the naginata with a overhand grip.

Die roll for Chion shifting 6 from attack to damage w/power attack
    1d20-> [17] = (17)+6=23
    Damage
    1d10+15-> [5,15] = (20)

21. - Top - End - #921

The yeti shudders violently and its grip loosens on Masumi. The yeti slumps over, dead after Vrishma and Chion come to the rescue. A roar comes from higher up the mountain, and another yeti is standing at the cave mouth, but making no move to advance on the party.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

HP: 23/AC:17

Masumi pulls herself out from under the corpse with a swear as she retrieves her blade, chest covered in blood that appears to be some of her own, but mostly the Yeti's

"Devils below, but these things are more obstinant than I'd thought..."

Shaking herself free of snow she storms uphill a few strides and bellows a cry of defiance at the remaining yeti with a barely held battlelust in her heart.

"Accursed mountain *BEASTS* You wish for death!? Then bring your fight to us again and see how you fare in the next life!!"

intimidate (1d20+4=13)

23. - Top - End - #923

The yeti lets out a long howl and pounds the ground around it with its fists, but it remains where it is.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Be quiet! snaps Masaya as he walks over to the others. And next time we agree to a plan, stick to it. Now go and guard Ikiera and Nobutada while I kill this Yeti. He stalks towards the other Yeti, stopping when he's about 50ft from it.

25. - Top - End - #925

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"masaya wait. let me handle this one."

Ikeira moves up towards the yeti fumbling around in his pockets for the small terra cotta figure kept therein.

26. - Top - End - #926

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will stop and level his cool gaze at Masaya.
    "Masaya-san look upon your retainers, they are hail and hearty the very picture of health while Masumi's blood coats the snow like spilt paint. I am still closer to your retainers than your are and they are fine under my protection if they even need it. Go and satisfy your clan's bloodlust and let's be off."

Chion will leap back to where Vrishma and Ikeira, shin his naginata and stare at Masaya. when Ikeira move hse will keep up with the strange little man.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-03-25 at 01:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly. Masumi-san, if you had stuck to the plan, you wouldn't be injured. Vrishma, heal her while Ikiera deals with the Yeti. He moves up behind Ikiera, ready to attack if the Wu Jen's spell fails.

28. - Top - End - #928

The yeti watches your approach, becoming more agitated but making no move to attack.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you sure this spell will work Ikiera? I can have him dead in a few seconds, with small risk, says Masaya sheathing his katana. But if you can kill him from range, that would be even safer.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-25 at 06:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira stops at 35 feet "you two wait here." surprisingly this is almost an order expected to be followed and not a request. Ikeira close to within 15 feet then stops placing the figurine of terra cotta on the ground by his feet.