New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

As Chion pours out praises on Masaya, he shrugs, as if to say it's no big deal. When Chion mentions the invisibility, he stiffens slightly. No... that is not something they did, that's due to another magical item. I won it in the battle against the spirits, uh, the war against the spirits, when I was just a young Samurai. As to my katana, we have two in the family. As Bayushis, we are the champions of our clan, and we spend our lives fighting. So we have two katanas in the family. When my father dies, his blade will go to my son. When I die, my blade will go to my son's son. This way two generations can fight, and fight with honour.

(You can make Sense Motive checks if you want)

2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Dude that was not heaping out praise. Die roll for Chion
    1d20-> [9] = (9)+1=10 for sense motive.))

"it must be nice to come from a warrior's family." Chion willl kneel down at the middle of the camp and start a fire for warmth and light. He will pull the grzzly bear cloak around him to shield the filedgling fire.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-03-29 at 08:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

(...I'm suddenly seeing a curious possibility. But anyway, Cyrus, PMing you the hunt info)

EDIT:

Masumi returns after much too long compared to her last informal hunt, looking bedragled and tired, her unplaited hair limply pulled back without her ornaments and while she doesn't show any signs of combat or damage beyond scratches and a few bruises, she looks kinda rough.

...However, she has venison. A full grown deer, in fact, which she drops at the foot of the campfire for the others.

"...Sorry for the trouble earlier. Someone tan its hide if the skill is known to you. I'd rather not waste the chance at getting some footwear beyond my sandals."

...Not much else is said; she empties and entire waterskin down her gullet and proceeds to summarily crash on the closest unoccupied bedroll... regardless of wether it was hers or not.

The steady breathing of deep sleep follows.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2007-03-29 at 11:13 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #964

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

if possible ikeira will gently lift masumi and carry her over to her own bedroll(unless she colapsed in it already) and cover her with a blanket, smooth out her hair a little trying not to wake her. he will then set his bedroll near hers and set that small figurine at the foot of hers. his placement of sleeping arrangement is unusual as he usually prefers to keep some measure of solitude. "time for our little chat masaya" there is a hint of steel and ice in his tone. he moves off to the edge of the camp and waits for masaya.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Thankyou Masumi, says Masaya when she returns. He stands and bows to Chion. I will continue this conversation later, when I have talked to Ikiera. Would you mind starting on skinning and gutting the deer, while we talk?
    Then he goes off away from the camp with Ikiera.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nobutada gets to work on skinning and getting the deer ready to eat.

"Miss Masumi is very talented. These deer are known for their elusiveness. They make good eating if you can catch them."

Nobutada looks at Masaya and Ikeira as they go off a ways with a curious expression, but he shrugs and goes back to work.

7. - Top - End - #967

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will remain on guard duty and allow others their peace and quiet. He will remain reflective by the fire as the hours passes. He will shift his naginata from hand to hand as he warms his hand over the fire. He will glare at Nobutado fro time to time.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya leads Ikiera away from the camp, far out of earshot, and then sits down, legs crossed on the ground.
    So. I believe I know what you're going to say, but speak first anyway.

(Cyrus, I've got a question to ask you about the mechanics of how you're using Oriental Adventures. I'm thinking about whether to take another level of Samurai when we level up, or to start on the Iajitsu Master prestige class. Now, in the 3.5 update to Oriental Adventures, most monsters in the book have DR/Jade or DR/Honourable. At the next level of Samurai, any weapons Masaya uses count as doing Honourable damage. So I was wandering what type of DR monsters have in your campaign. Because there's not much point taking another level of Samurai otherwise. I might go for the prestige class anyway, but I thought I might as well ask.)
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-30 at 10:20 AM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

I wonder if Masumi is doing well, I do. Skilled huntress she must be, indeed, but hunts here much danger hide. Neither have I seen her use a bow, I have not, nor even have one. Strange. Vrishma muses in his own tongue as she's gone and he takes care of Shimikawa, then greets her with Much thanks, Masumi when she comes back. He purses his lips at her mention of footware, and after she is asleep, he will say a quiet prayer, then lays a glowing hand on her shoulder for a moment. Seeing as she's tired, he let her sleep - although he will help Ikeira if he insists on taking her to her own sack instead of having her sleep as she does.

((Heal check to determine general health - % of HP, unfavorable conditions, etc: 25, situational penalties or bonuses not included))

As Masaya and Ikeira start talking, his ears sharpen. What do these two have to talk about, I wonder? For a while together we've been, and what concerns them also concerns me.. He nods to Shimikawa to stay and rest and goes after the two. He is careful, however, to keep his distance.

((Okay, he will try to come after them so that he overhears what they're talking about, but keep as much distance as possible. His Hide and MS modifiers are at +5, Listen is at +4, and he will probably take 10 if possible))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-03-30 at 11:06 AM.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

(To see if Masaya knows he's there:
    spot - (d20+2)[11]
    listen - (d20+2)[22])

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya raises his hand before Ikiera can reply to him. Did you hear that?

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

((Well, presuming Masaya's less than 70 feet away from the moment - or 20 if he's distracted - he hears something... I guess it's my bad for not specifying the distance.))

Upon hearing Masaya note something, Vrishma motions Shimikawa to come and quickly darts towards the nearest cover. From then, he looks at probable paths to go back or to the side if the humans go back to check. If the two start speaking, he will try to get a bit nearer so that he can hear.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-03-30 at 09:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks around, but sees nothing. Humph. Oh well. He turns back to Ikiera. Sorry. So tell me what you have brought me here to say.

(Also, do we get any xp for defeating 3 yetis?)

Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-30 at 03:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #974

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" Your words have hurt masumi most grievously. but thanks to your words i believe i now know her secret, or at least part of it. we need to tell them though the truth about these tattoos of ours. today you ignored any chance of a non violent means of dealing with our foes until i insisted. most bakimonoish that was masaya. its time to tell them so some one can tell genki the whole story if we are needed to be locked in chains to get there because our minds fail. with or without your permission i am telling them tomorrow. and i will need to speak to masumi tomorrow as well in private. and one more thing its time to tell the truth to chion i have never been nor will i ever be a heimen, i may have been removed from my clans roll books and my families as well but they let me keep my name."

15. - Top - End - #975

((Keeping track of encounters. Will let you know when you level up. Honorable will be included so it's up to you if you want to take that level.))

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks at Ikiera quizzically. You have worked out her secret? He grins. Ironic, isn't it? But I can definitely see why she had to leave her clan. He shrugs. If you want to tell them ours, I won't stop you. But consider this; we need Nobutada to find Genki. If we do not find Genki, then general Kyo may well become a monster and maybe slay the Emperor. If we tell them all of our curse, I believe Chion and certainly Masumi will stay, but will Nobutada? And I agree, it would be good to tell Chion our situation. To be honest, I find it quite irritating pretending to be the leader, and you my retainers. It is dangerous, if you need to tell us what to do in a situation involving magic, which I do not understand, yet Chion might ask me for confirmation, slowing our response.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-31 at 07:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #977

PirateCaptain

ikeira

" nobutada seems to know more than he lets on himself. i believe we are being tested and nobutada is either genki in disguise or a servant of genkis with the task to lead people through specific encounters to test their worth...or if the need is enough to bother with. as to masumi, what makes you think she left her clan? no masaya if i am right in my peicing together the clues masumi never left her clan but they never knew she existed. it has been a long time since the lion walked with lions. i will say more in the morning a good sign that you agree to the telling of our secret though it is the time and place for it and means no harm done to you . be careful in battle in the future though the bakimono only know to slaughter if you can show mercy to your foes and all will still be well while we gather the cure. a long road stretches before us i see, but i do not see how it ends, yet.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

She told me she left her clan. While secretive, I do not think she would actually lie to us. As to Nobutada, I did not think of that possibility. We'll have to be careful around him then, to appear worthy of the cure, or some such.

19. - Top - End - #979

Nobutada comes walking over cautiously, making his presence known long before he gets within ear shot. He's obviously respecting your privacy.

"I hate to intrude, but the deer is almost ready. You can come and eat when you're ready."

He bows respectfully and heads back to camp. You can begin to smell the deer from where you are and it smells absolutely delicious. Somehow, it conjures up for each of you your fondest memory, either from childhood or from more recent times.

((AKA, a lil roleplaying if you feel comfortable enough with your character to share a fond memory ))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-04-03 at 12:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya sniffs. Ah, that smells delicious! Ikiera, is there anything else you wanted to say, or shall we eat now?

21. - Top - End - #981

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" nothing more at this time"

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well. Masaya stands up, and walks back to the camp.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma subsumes a sigh and starts carefully moving away from the three, but not towards the camp. He will try to look around instead, and see what more he can find out about the place for several minutes' worth of walk (i.e. tracks, etc). That, and he would like to forage for anything useful from food to spell components.

Survival roll: 17

24. - Top - End - #984

((Any types of spell components specifically?))

25. - Top - End - #985

You find a few undernourished berries ((it's wintertime on the mountain, heh)), as well as a long piece of bamboo.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya and Ikiera return to the camp. Ah, that smells wonderful!

27. - Top - End - #987

Nobutada smiles.

"It's an old family recipe, taught to me by my father, and my father by his father and so on and so forth. These deer are very elusive, and if cooked the wrong way, taste terrible. But our family has perfected it, and we cherish these deer when we can get our hands on one. Come, we won't be attacked here. Everyone gather around the fire for some food."

Nobutada cuts off a few pieces of meat and hands each person a piece on a plate. Then he heaps some steamed vegetables onto the plates as well.

"Enjoy," he says, smiling kindly.

((Now start with the reminiscing dammit, hehe))

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Elusive you say? Masaya smiles, and salutes Masumi with his piece of venison. A good thing we have such a fine huntress among us! Her skill is almost inhuman!

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi doesn't accept the compliment as she turns over in her sleep, mumbling incoherant nothings that would suggest she's dreaming. It's a little unnerving though as she rarely even talks when she's awake, but at least it can only barely be heard over the fire.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

((Darn, I was hoping for something that could be used as a price for commune w. spirits. Although it could work...Any tracks or signs of dangerous animals, btw?))

Vrishma walks a bit more, but the chill (even when ameliorated by the magic) and the faint smell of fried meat make going back to the camp an increasingly alluring idea. He soon gives up and heads to the campfire, where he nods to his companions. Ah, Masaya, Ikeira, here you were, I say. No matter, no matter - a walk can do me good, it can. Little tracks I saw - Mayumi has either the skill of the tiger-lords or the luck of the rabbits, I think.