New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Of course, says Masaya cheerfully. Throughout this whole adventure of us, I've been the one completely open about his origins, unlike some people. He wags his finger playfully at Ikiera and Masumi. Speaking of which, where exactly are the mountains you come from Vrishma?

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will laugh sharply and shortly after Masaya speaks, he says nothing but continue to wait. He will kneel back down and close his eyes trying to close off his emotions and enter the no mind he is seeking to attain with his weapon.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Genki stays in a meditative state for a long while. Genki finally opens his eyes, looking slightly triumphant.

"The Spirits must be with us. I have information on both the lands of Ikeira and Vrishma. I have been shown things, although again, I cannot ascertain what source they come from. A great dragon perhaps?"

Genki breaks off and begins to think. Shortly after he frees himself of his reverie.

"Vrishma, I know not whether you are aware of the haunted ruins deep within the lands of your people. It is called Shiro Heichi."

((I'm aware that these ruins might not actually be located in the same place, but I'm making it so it is, hehe))

"An evil spirit resides there, no doubt drawn to the power of the jade. It is a malicious thing, killing all things that it comes across, and turning pure spring water streams to streams of blood. The spirit is made up of slaughtered soldiers and commoners who cannot leave this world for one reason or another. And whatever it kills, it adds their spirit to its own, and grows stronger. It must be stopped, before not even the tainted might of the Emperor is not enough to defeat it."

"It appears as if the cult of Onnatangu is perhaps a little more heavily involved in these matters than it first appeared. There is a shrine, Hinanbashosano Mitsu Shimai, where the cult apparently resides. Perhaps they are also aware of the jade and what it does, and so perhaps seek to barter for a more important place in the Empire. I would tread carefully around this cult. Look for this shrine in the Dragon lands, high up in the mountains."

Genki sits there, awaiting more questions.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

((Remind me to kill you for the Monster remark, Ozz. Although Masumi isn't affected by the lunar cycle, what moon phase are we up to? just curious...)

Masumi just shrugs, she doesn't have much in the way of practical questions... save one.

"I need only know one thing: how can we dispatch this spirit monster? The picture you paint of it makes me wonder if a sword will do the job."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looked about to answer Masaya when the sage spoke. He listens intently, his brow furrowing at the name of the ruin. He speaks quietly to himself for a few moments in his own language before addressing the Scorpion. Like leaves on a tree, we are, in small groups that often meet but seldom reside together. However, most stay in the lands we call Kalpik Hashti, they do, several valleys and mountains to the North and West of the lands held by the Dragon samurai. Your people, young Chion, are to the Southwest, but even my tribe - who are closer to your lands than others - must see several sunsets before the banner of the Unicorn greets their eyes, I say.

As for these ruins, I am puzzled, I say. My tribe knows of no such place, we do, but I have heard that to the West of us a tribe had some time ago settled near some abandoned keeps others have long avoided. The Kaiahata distrust outsiders, I have heard, and our Lodge has little contact with theirs. Yet as even the mountain bears sometimes shun others of their kind, I say, at times they arrange to meet - and the Lodge would be most interested to find out that there is such a malevolence in their lands. It would be good to visit my own village, I think, yet I have a task not yet completed.

The elder spirits have said that the monsters frequent the hills to the southeast, and the waste beyond them.(
    (the waste would be the Heigen Kori, for those who want a more correct geographical reference)) Would you have any advice who is behind them and whether there is anything we can do to make them withdraw, I ask, venerable Genki? It sounds strange, I think, that the Emperor might be interested in fomenting chaos so far from his own lands, and the Dragon and Unicorn samurai are already wary for attacks from the North. And yes, if you would know more of this evil spirit, it could be of great help. He says, nodding to Masumi.

((Knowledge: the Spirits to deduce more information about the Shiro Heichi spirit and its possible vulnerabilities: 19))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-04-29 at 03:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1146

((I'm going to edit what Genki said, but do it here so you see it. I messed up a wee bit in my studies, heh. Alright. Shiro Heichi are the ruins, and the Shakoki Dogu are an odd race of...things...that protect the woods around Shiro Heichi.

Again, this is not really supposed to be the location for Shiro Heichi, but I'm changing things around a bit to accomodate our party.))

"The Shakoki Dogu must be the ones protecting the ruins and the tainted mines around Shiro Heichi," Genki says. "They are not human. They never have been human. They don't reason or think like a human, nor do they understand human thought. Likewise, there aren't many humans that can understand their logic and reasoning. They originally set up residence in the mountains to contain the foul essence of the First Oni, for that is where he fell to earth. Again, the Shakoki Dogu aren't human and have a very inhuman, not to say cruel or malicious just not human, way of protecting this place. Tread carefully around this place, for while they are powerful, they exert their power in very subtle ways. They can open or close off portions of the mines so you stay lost in their forever. They can cause earthquakes and avalanches. They can even kill or drive mad those who enter their realm."

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, so am I correct in thinking that we're going to an Onnatangu in the Scorpion lands, an Onnatangu shrine in the Dragon lands, and this temple in the mountains where Vrishma's people live?

8. - Top - End - #1148

PirateGuy

Chion

"Hmmm Good this will test our spirit as well as our blades." He will await the rest of the information.

9. - Top - End - #1149

"It will be an Onnotangu hideout in the Scorpion lands, most likely in the Scorpion main ((capital?)) city of Ryoki Owari. The Dragon lands shrine belongs to Onnotangu, and you'll be going to some ruins in Vrishma's homeland."

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Shakoki Dogu, Shakoki Dogu... Sounds strange, it does. Perhaps the reason it is that the Kaiahata at their own tails strike, it is.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya nods. Hmmm... I'm not an expert on geography. Which would be the quickest way to travel to each place? I am thinking to do the Dragon shrine last, as we'll need to come up from the south, the northern mountains are too much trouble. I'm not sure where Vrishma's lands are.

12. - Top - End - #1152

PirateCaptain

ikeira

"ineresting i dont think ive met a sakoki dogu before. i wonder if i can still recall my family style and if it is compatible with the natsuyama kenjutso,...and if i can strike and release the elemental energies at the same time. also i wonder how much danger chions home is in now that the emporer knows we passed through to get here. that large creature nobutada sensed is sure to be awaiting our return path. genki sama, can you by chance cleanse the taint we have accumulated thus far so we have a fresh start on the path to collecting the pure jade?"
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

13. - Top - End - #1153

Genki shakes his head.

"That is beyond even what power I have. I can perhaps slow the progress of the taint, but I can't erase what's happened. I have also sensed what Nobutada has, and I will accompany you to the border of Vrishma's land, since it is closest."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi just arches an eyebrow at Ikeira for the umpteenth time since his admission. It's possible she keeps lapsing into silence as to not say (or do) anything rash to the spell caster, but in anycase she at least pays attention.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well, replies Masaya. We will travel to the lands of the monkey-people first, and its shrine. Then to the Scorpion lands to the south-west, then once we have got that jade, we will travel east and come up south to get the jade in the Dragon lands. Will simply getting the jade help, or will we have to bring it back to you?

16. - Top - End - #1156

"Indeed, Masaya-san. The jade must be brought back here to perform the cleansing. You all must stay the night so that I can perform the ritual to slow the spread of this taint. I would offer a respite to your party for as long as you'd like, but time is more than a little important currently."

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case, we'll just stay one night, and leave early in the morning.

18. - Top - End - #1158

PirateGuy

Chion

"Are we the untainted in any danger of catching the maladay they have ?

I look forward to starting his endeavor for we save ourselves and the kingdom. This is the making of a legend..."
    Chion will bow to Genki and walk over to where his naginata rests.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-05-02 at 09:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Genki shakes his head.

"No, you are in no danger of "catching" what they have. However, you may be in some danger should they transform, for they will not be able to control their actions."

20. - Top - End - #1160

PirateGuy

Chion

"Good I would rather face the others as mindless beasts than their dark selves. The beasts could be rendered helpless where the men and woman would fight on. Let's recover the jade and make this line of thought useless" Chion will lift up his naginata to his hand with a light kick of his foot.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that seems to be everything settled. Do you want to start this ritual to slow the taint then?

22. - Top - End - #1162

Genki nods.

"The sooner the better. If you would like some food, I can provide you with some. We can eat and ponder this turn of events. And when you are all ready, you can drift off to sleep and the ritual may begin."

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya nods. That would be brilliant.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

What kind of ritual is it, I ask? Most useful it may prove in the future, I think, should we be able to learn it, Vrishma says, looking expectantly, then momentarily looks up before looking at Genki again.

((What time of day is it?))

25. - Top - End - #1165

The sun is beginning its descent, and it looks to be late afternoon/early evening.

26. - Top - End - #1166

Genki smiles in a sad kind of way.

"This is a ritual taught to me by the Great Dragons. They are temporarily granting me some of their power to slow down this Taint that courses through you. It is a once and finished ritual, so I sadly cannot teach it to your group."

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya sighs. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to be quick about getting the jade. So, can you start the ritual now?

28. - Top - End - #1168

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"we have to be asleep for this one masaya kun. Masumi kun would you have any (crap i forgot their names but its the wooden practice swords used for training and Ikeira would ask for those used by the dragon clan) If we are going to our homelands I need to return to some level of proficiency with the blades of my ancestors."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, says Masaya grumpily, then let's go to bed. I want to get going as soon as possible.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

(Bokken)

Masumi looks at Ikeira with an(other) odd look but she seems to give in finally to at least paying attention to the wu-jen. There's that gleam in her eyes again, however, one indicative that she's about to enjoy what's comming.

"So, am I your pampered princess or your instructor now? Anyway I have no bokken and I'm not about to slay anyone so bamboo lengths will have to do... I'll cut some in the morning."