New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((V, you have no idea one way or another if bakemono flesh is edible or not))

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma sighs. Unfortunate it is, but nothing to my mind comes, indeed it does not. Yet I am sure, I am, that to leave those beasts here great misfortune will bring. Saying this, he looks around trying to find something that could be of help.

((OOC: any suggestions from anyone? I'd suggest burning the corpses, but V is not really very fond of fire.))

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks around, but can't really see many options. You could bury them, you could burn them, or you could move them. Moving them would be too much work. I don't know much about spirits and shadowland creatures, so I don't know what to suggest.

4. - Top - End - #1414

((It's on all of you right now. I'm waiting to see what you all finally decide to do))

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

"We will need a fire to cleanse their bodies from this land then." Chion will search for enough scrub to use as tinder and then begin looking for good wood to use.

(OOC:We have horses so this shouldn't be a problem.)
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-09-21 at 03:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma nods, with certain displeasure, at Chion's words. He will help the samurai gather wood, but will not participare in the lighting of the fire and, in fact, will stand a certain distance away from the pyres.

7. - Top - End - #1417

You find tinder and more substantial fuel quickly and have a good blaze going in no time.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

(...Bloody hell. I'm going to have to postpone my actions; Apparently the server all my sheets were on is now GONE...)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #1419

PirateCaptain

(if you were using tangled web and are running ie6 theres a known problem. its hit or miss some times it loads the page sometimes it hangs and sometimes all you get is that sc:something picture. they updated the whole site to a new format once you get in theres a link in the news to the old site you can export your charactor files to your local comp then import them unto a new account)

Ikeira

Ikeira returns with the lone body masumi chased down and tosses it onto the pyre.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

(Coyote Code, actually. :/)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #1421

PirateCaptain

(what the heck!! i just finished transferring all my charactors over yesterday)

12. - Top - End - #1422

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion begins piling bakemono bodies on the pyre in hopes that fire will cleanse the bodies of their taint as it would disease from a corpse. He will take care to strip down to bare flesh by removing his haroi and shirt to work quickly by the fire.

13. - Top - End - #1423

A respectable blaze is going and it seems all of the bodies are burning quite well. You all notice, however, that as the bodies burn, the smell of cooking meat rises into the air. It does smell somehow...corrupted, like rotting meat.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, the silvery wolf seems hampered in marginal ways by the terrain, but ensures that even if she's not gaining too much ground, no one is seeing her in the process

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looks at the fire with distaste, and his brow wrinkles when the smell hits. In death as well these beasts despoil the lands, they do. But let us go - here enough we have done, I think.

Forgive me, great ones, that I could devise no better way to dispose of the taint.
    Having said that, he will make sure that the fire can't spread anywhere beyond the pyre by plucking out the grass near it.

((I hope the patron spirits don't take offense at that as well. Anyone else remembers something to do?))

16. - Top - End - #1426

((What exactly are you doing, Masumi?))

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya nods. Yes, that should be enough, we should start travwelling the way Masumi went.

18. - Top - End - #1428

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will dress again and put on his white shirt and red jacket.

"Yes, we should go before she slays everything ahead of us."

Chion will stop to pick up his rosewood naginata and move off to remount his horse.

He will pause next to Vrishma, " I am sorry Shaman, I do not know if this was right but I do not think it was wrong."

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The Vanara looks up from his doings and smiles at Chion. Oh, sad do not be, Chion, I say. I wish we could dispose of these creatures cleaner, I do, yet no better way see I myself. Still, no reason for shame there is, I think: we have bested a vile foe, and a more numerous one. Would I that their kin would as easily dispatched be! he exclaims, before going back to his business. He finishes in a few moments, and turns back to the you samurai. I hope my village not in any trouble is, that I do. Our warriors are no inferior to any others I've seen, they are, yet to find monsters here - a troubling sign it is, I say.
    Vrishma stands up and, with one last look, turns in the direction of the horses. Are they still there?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-10-03 at 06:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1430

The horses are still where you picketed them.

((Also, what exactly is Masumi looking for?))

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ettin in the Playground

((Lay of the land type of stuff, any other hostile individuals or animals, scouting, basically))

22. - Top - End - #1432

Everything seems pretty peaceful, Masumi. No signs of any Shadowlands creatures in the area.

((You all catching up/tracking Masumi or waiting for her to come back?))

23. - Top - End - #1433

PirateCaptain

ikeira follows along with the other mumbling and grumbling about lack of sleep

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

((I thought Chion and me were supposed to catch up to the group, but apparently Masaya is still with us. Is he?))

Vrishma

The shaman nods towards the horses. Ready should we be when Masumi comes back, indeed we should. Can you much further go, I ask?

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

(Yes, Masaya stayed with you to hold Masumi's stuff.)

Masaya nods his head towards the path that Masumi took. We should of course stay close to hear, in order that Masumi might find us, but I don't want to be standing by burning Oni and Bakemono. I doubt Masumi will appreciate her clothes smelling of burning flesh.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ettin in the Playground

Nor would I... The hybrid form Masumi agrees as she appears back amidst the others.

After recollecting her gear and disappearing behind a tree, the ronin reappears adjusting the sword across her back before motioning to leave.

We won't be entertaining any more guests such as these tonight, I feel; it's safe to move on...

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya grins. Excellent! Then let's carry on and find somewhere else to finish sleeping properly.

28. - Top - End - #1438

PirateGuy

Chion

"Not to worry Vrishma if your bushi fight as I do you should have no problem defending your clan. hmmm unless the tainted were to use unhonorable means."

Chion will mount and await the group to continue on.

"Ahh Masumi good to have you back."

29. - Top - End - #1439

((For the sake of expediency...))

The rest of the trip goes by uneventfully. You see no signs of either Genki or the creepy old lady. After some more travel, you come across two jittery looking Vanaran guards.

"S...state your business, strangers," one says, brandishing his weapon.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya inclines his head towards Vrishma. Do you want to explain, or shall I?