New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Masaya nods his thanks, and sits down.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma, still smiling widely, goes towards the entrance. Before the group enters, he looks at Masaya and whispers If you are worried about something here, Masaya, let me know, I say. Oh, something else - Masumi and Ikeira quite silent have been, they have. Is something going on with them, I ask?, sneaking a peek at the shugenja and the samurai-ko before turning towards the entrance. He enters the house with a cheerful "Hey, anyone here?" in Vanaran, and looks around to see if anyone else he knows is inside.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-11-17 at 05:18 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vrishma, you see the rest of your family inside, looking a bit careworn. That disappears, however, as soon as you step inside.

"Vrishma, how have you been?" your father asks, hugging you. "Please, come in. Have your friends in, too."

((If you'd like some interaction, we'll do that. If not, I'll just skip ahead to the mine.))

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Any notions on how big family is, or can I order a roomful of relatives while I'm at it ;) ? ))

Father! Vrishma explains in Vanaran amidst the joyful chaos that heralds him as he hugs his father, then goes back to Common. Nice it is to see you, it is! To come home so soon I expected not, indeed I did not, but the spirits saw fit to allow me to see you once again on my travels. Oh my, grown tall you have since last time, you have, he says, switching back to Vanaran as he tickles a small kid.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-11-20 at 10:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1505

((You can add a few if you'd like, just don't go crazy, hehe. If you'd like to edit them into the previous post, go ahead))

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

(ikeira has been even more silent for a while than even he is known for due to the simple fact that his player had been without electricity for the whole month, but now is back. Ikeira however is still silent and to the more observant two things seems to be bothering him. also during the trip through the villiage if one was paying attention he stopped for a heartbeat or two upon the site of a chicken coop before moving on)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

7. - Top - End - #1507

((Awaitin on V to make some family members))

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Ogre in the Playground

((Does anyone know of a vanara name generator? Failing that, I'll just start borrowing names from Hindi... ))

9. - Top - End - #1509

((I don't know of any. Just go ahead and borrow from Hindi, hehe. Also, I think this goes w/o saying, but I'm not really going to be around tomorrow. What with Turkey Day here in the States. So a break tomorrow. Will come back late Thursday night or Friday sometime.))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-11-21 at 03:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma talkes his hand from the kid's shoulder and points towards the guests. Everyone, these the comrades are I made during my journey, I say. Their names are Masaya, Ikeira, Masumi, and Chion, they are. Few years they have seen, they have, but many brave deeds they accomplished have, both before and during our common journey. Treat them as friends, I ask, but allow them to rest and relax befor asking for their tales, he says in Vanaran, indicating the humans as he says their names. He then addresses them, this time speaking in Common. Apologize for the inconvenience, I do, but not all of my people well-versed in the Common tongue are. These some of my kin are, I say: Sytha my mother, Prabal my father, Tani my elder sister, Amanu my yonger brother, Vina my younger sister and Mindra and Darmi, my uncle and aunt. Do not be alarmed if they are forward in their questions - our way, it is, and no show of disrespect.

((P.S.: Happy Turkey-eating day! Remember to be thankful of the birds' involuntary sacrifice, among other things.))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-11-22 at 06:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya bows. Greetings to you, Prabal-san, Sytha-san, and your children. He speaks smoothly, with automatic false warmth.

12. - Top - End - #1512

"We will do as you ask, son," Vrishma's father says, "and allow them their rest. I'm sure there will be a feast soon, knowing the elders and their traditions. Welcome to our home. We have little food to offer at the moment, as we are between meals, but please, help yourself to what fruit we have available." He says this gesturing to the table, where all manner of exotic looking fruit sit. Some look absolutely delicious...others...odd.

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

For the understanding thank you, father, that I do. I must apologize for not telling you in advance, I must, but the spirits bring me upon unexpected paths. Sit down, friends, Vrishma says, beckoning the humans. Be careful with the urumas, I say, they have... an acquired taste.

14. - Top - End - #1514

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will sit down after resting his naginata against the wall after letting the children look over the beatifull rosewood handled weapon and telling the fable about the lost unicorn and watering hole.

"Thank you for the hospitality in your dwelling." Chion will set a waterskin on the table as a gesture of respect from visitor to household. He will reach for the fruits and try three of the more unusal fruits including the urumas.

15. - Top - End - #1515

After a few hours of rest and small talk, a Vanaran messenger appears at the doorway.

"Apologies to you all, but the Elders with to hold the feast for our honored guests now. If you would all but follow me."

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya defers to Vrishma, just following silently. He scratches under his mask occasionally.

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma stops the not-exactly-interesting conversation with his aunt, who had never really learned that he has grown up and does not appreciate someone, say, pulling his cheeks, and looks at the messenger. Of course, Haki, we come. Glad I am to see you once again, everyone, that I am. Come, my friends, we should see what is going on, he says as he rises and prepares to follow the messenger.

((I presume no one has anything else to do before that?))

18. - Top - End - #1518

((Onward then?))

You are led out of the village into the forest. You don't walk very far before you hear some interesting music and see flickering lights. You reach a grove not too long after that and the sight before you is something to behold. Trees reaching two hundred feet into the air are peppered around the grove, their huge branches offering pleasant shade. A giant bonfire is burning away merrily in the middle of the grove, over which a giant boar is roasting, as well as a few other animals and even some fruits. Along the otherside of the grove sits a fallen tree that has been carved into a giant table. A quick look around tells you that smaller trees in the grove have been carved the same way, but the elders (and obviously yourselves) are to sit at the largest table. Five extremely old looking Vanarans are seated at the middle of the table. The one in the middle rises. You recognize him as Elder Manu. He speaks in clear, strong tones for one that is seemngly so old and frail.

"Welcome to our guests and welcome back Vrishma. You come to us during dark times. A few see this as an ill omen," he says, shooting a pointed sideways glance to an elder at the end of the group who is looking suspicious and not at all friendly. "Myself and most everyone else, however, see this as good tidings and a time to rejoice. So come, all of you, sit and eat with us. You are welcome."

With that he sits down and gets into a conversation with the elders around him. Dancing and singing abound around you.

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya sits and eats, he seems quite uncomfortable surrounded by these strange creatures, and doesn't know how to act.

20. - Top - End - #1520

((Interaction at all, or shall we fast forward?))

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Ogre in the Playground

((Unless anyone wants to do some small talk, not particularly. I could have Vrishma try to pry into Masaya's bad mood / nervousness, but I think that some of us might be a bit bored by that - we haven't heard much of Ikeira or Masumi recently. By and large, Vrishma will probably chat friends or his companions up - whether IC or behind the scene. Speaking of which, are his old friends from the village here, particularly anyone who knows his teacher well?))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-11-29 at 10:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1522

No one seems to know much aside that your mentor went out to investigate. Aside from that, the only other thing that seems to come up that is of any importance is the fact that there are many Shadowlands creatures about; more so than usual.

23. - Top - End - #1523

PirateCaptain

(Ikeira can now be found here http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2171)

Ikeira starts with the main group politely chatting, but eventually the things he has been thinking about drive him to gather his plate and drink and sit near the bonfire on the ground smoking and eating slowly while staring into the depths of the fire.

24. - Top - End - #1524

The old Vanaran from earlier speaks up.

"Here's a toast. To old members returning and new allies found. May your search end in peace and enlightenment."

He raises his glass and then drinks from it. All the Vanaran in the grove do the same. There's a commotion near the edge of camp and a Vanaran that looks on the verge of death stumbles into the grove and collapses.

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman lifts his headfrom a conversation when he hears the ruckus, and literally leaps when he sees his tribes(wo?)man. Hanuman's tail! Viranu! What happened? he shouts quickly, coming near the man. Not wasting any time, he clasps his hands in quick prayer and lays then on the other Vanara's chest.

((Damn, it's been so long that I'd forgotten that my old sheet went down with www.rpgprofiler.net. Anyway, if he's still alive by the time Vrishma gets to him he's getting a CLW))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-01 at 06:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Ettin in the Playground

((Thanksgiving, job hunting and graduation is where I was, But I'm back again. ._. Sorry about that))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya rises, his hand going to the hilt of his Katana, but after a moment's hesitation, he moves his hand away, and stands there, not really sure what to do.

28. - Top - End - #1528

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira moves to put the fire at his back while facing the direction of the comotion.(preparing to cast earth bolt just in case.)

29. - Top - End - #1529

Vrishma, you get closer and you notice that it's your old mentor. ((A she right? If not, imagine I said he, hehe)) She reaches up and touches your face and says in a voice no more than a whisper.

"Those not dispatched by the Shakoki Dogu have been imprisoned or killed by the Shadowlands creatures."

She passes out.

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma visibly pales. Elder Aki! he shouts without even a pretense of composure. He puts the old shamaness on the ground and, with trembling fingers, takes her pulse.

((Should I need a heal check to determine her overall condition, or can I get the basics without one? If Vrishma is able to take 10 in the current situation, he can hit a DC 15 without too much trouble.))