New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

'... er... Genghis?'

(Couldn't resist)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jack's Perspective

"Very well. Gather round everyone, for a short prayer to Khuft!"

The congregation all gather round the priest, who oulls out a heavy leather-bound book.

"I will begin by reading a short passage from the Book of Khuft, Chapter 5, Verse 6. And so Khuft did say unto the assembled masses 'Go forth into the world and spread this word that I have given unto you. Spread it in the hills, and the woods, and the towns, and the cities, and the hillocks, and the mountains, and the streams, and the forests, and the swamps, and the villages, and the taverns, and the hamlets, and the great palaces of the kings, and the halls of the gods, and the very hells that harbour demons, and the slums, and the docks, but not the cellars, as they are an abomination unto my holy name. And when you have spread this word, in the places which I have just mentioned, then you shall be blessed in my sight. And thus the masses did go down into the nearest tavern, and they did toast Khuft with beer and mead, and sing many songs about the goat and the horn, and only some of them contained sexual innuendo. And Khuft saw that it was good."

The priest closes the book and bows.

"Amen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

'... er... yeah... Amen and stuff. Well, that was all very entertaining and helpful, I'm sure, but I've really got to be going now, to... er... restore the balance of all creation. I'll let you know how that goes.'

Jack exits the temple and starts looking around for Hicchup or Jimito, or anyone who looks remotely interesting and integral to the plot.

4. - Top - End - #64

The priest leads Danny into a broom closet, which has the words 'Confetional' hastily scrawled on the door in crayon.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Danny leans against one of the broom clo- er, confessional walls, looking up at the priest. "I..." he then looks down. "I'm thinking about.. getting rid of the king." He stops, then starts again quickly. "I don't mean assassination or anything! I want to... I want to take some of his power away from him and give it to an elected council or something like that, but still keep him around."

He looks down. "I want him to stop hurting everyone.."
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #66

"And do you feel that you have the right to decide that? A king is a king, and you are just a small boy."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

"I wasn't asking if I had the right... I was asking if it would be a good thing to do. I wanted Senna's opinion on the matter, really, as she knows me better than you do. Unfortunately I can't get her to reply to me.."

He grins a little. "Anyway. We all have the right to make the world a better place, don't we?"

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #68

"If more people think it wrong than right, which one is it really?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, subjectivity..." He thinks for a few moments. "...Right is the thing that hurts less people. Wrong is the thing that hurts more people. Leaving King Generic with absolute power will hurt more people than forming a council that has to vote on policies and laws and can't just order people executed will, hopefully, hurt less people. In the long run, I mean."

10. - Top - End - #70

Danny's Perspective

"...I see you're determined. Just make sure you don't cause more damage than you're fixing."

~~~

Jimito's Perspective

"The contest is certainly hotting up, folks. Infact, there's only one way to settle this dispute! A pie-throwing contest!"

11. - Top - End - #71

Default Jimito, Wereape Priest of Phonnus

"Ahha, finally we're getting somewhere. Now, Mr. High Jimmy, what exactly would this contest entail? Pie dodging, pie distance, pie style, or pie accuracy, for instance. And waht sort of pies are these? I'm a bit hesitant for apple or mince, but if the pies are banana cream, then Newt-Jimmy's going down."
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Danny tilts his head to one side, then smiles, nods, and turns to leave. He exits the... confessional, then looks over his shoulder. "Oh, and on a completely different note... how would I go about becoming a priest? Er, apart from dressing better?"

13. - Top - End - #73

"When one feels the calling of the Mistress, the usual path is to serve under an existing priest as an apprentice. After a suitable number of years he may then appeal to the High Priestess for ordinaton, while wearing his snazziest suit. If she consents then the blessing of Senna will be bestowed upon him, and he shall be a fully-equipped priest of the holy church."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Huh. Good to know." He grins. "Maybe when I'm done with this adventuring stuff..." And so, he leaves the temple, stepping out into the sun and squinting a little. That broom closet was dark...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whilst walking around town with no particular agenda except for kicking the odd pigeon and watching Nixon chase it, Jack spots Danny exiting the temple of Senna. He walks over.

'Yo, Danny-boy. Know where Hicchup is? I'm bored.'

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Danny walks along with his hands behind his head. "Hopefully, he's at my house, unless he's wandered off somewhere..."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Hicchup is indeed, still at Danny's house. He'd been sitting and thinking. And thinking and sitting. And many other various combinations of the two.

"I believe I know what to do now." The half-orc said out loud at last.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #78

Jimito's Perspective

"The pies will be custard ones. You will have five pies each, and the winner will be the one who disables his opponent with the pies."

The crowd moves back, clearing a circle for the two fighters. A butler hands Jimito and his opponent five lovingly-baked custard pies, before swiftly leaping behind an upturned table.

~~~

Danny's Perspective (exclusively, heh)

"Hey, uh, Danny? I don't really know much about your politics, but I know you're really trying to do good here so I just wanna say that I support what you're doing. That's all I wanted to say, really...."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Danny smiles for seemingly no reason at all... "Thanks, Jenny..." With new vigour, Danny sets off home, grinning at Nixon. "Hey, Nix.. Race ya!"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack followed Danny to his house at walking pace, towing the badgerwhale.

21. - Top - End - #81

Default Jimito, Wereape Priest of Phonnus

Jimito accepts the pies and balances them warily, one on top of the other as he circles Jimmy. "This is a contest you can't win. Very soon you'll be eating my dust." He sticks a finger in the pie and then licks it off. "And also, if my aim is any good, a delicious taste of custard flavored defeat." He continues circling, looking for an opening when he suddenly pulls one pie off tje stack and throws it, rather than overhand as is expected, frissbee-style at Jimmy, trying to catch him under the chin with a blast of custard.

((Attack(Pie)-T16=R16+B0. Fear my craptastic pie powers.))
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

22. - Top - End - #82

Jimito's Perspective

Jimito's unorthodox attack takes his opponent completely by surprise, splattering his face with custard and stunning him with the force of the sweet attack. The crowd 'oooh's as the Jimmy stumbles, giving Jimito a clear opening for another attack.

~~~

Everyone Else's Perspective

The three other members of Team Potato Tree meet at Danny's house, and presumably start doing something.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Okay, Hicchup, I'm assuming you've got something for us all to be doing lined up, so I'll just stand here and look at you until you tell us what it is or until I get bored and flay the skin off something. The choice is yours.'

Jack stares at Hicchup.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"Firstly, do we know where Jimito is at this moment?" The half-orc asks, ignoring Jack's ideas of flaying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

'No, but if finding him means I have to check out that newly-opened simian brothel downtown, I don't want to know.'

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Where would a priest of Phonnus be, other than in a... brothel?" He frowns. "What's a brothel...?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. No brothels. And you ask your parents that question sometime. I'm not responsible for that kind of education." Hicchup pauses, and then stares at Jack. "And neither are you."

"Regardless, I've had some time to think, and I believe I know what to do now. It would be nice if Jimito were here as well, but..."
    The half-orc sighs, and changes direction, "It is my opinion that we have two options. Option one is we proceed with Danny's plans for this republic idea, which means a drastic change will happen to all the land, we have a low probability of success, and failure means exile or worse. Option two, however, still has a low chance of suceeding. We have one enemy at the moment. The ninja. And we don't know nearly enough about them. Which means we need to learn... and for that, we need to find someone who knew them... their teacher."

Hicchup finishes speaking, and adjusts his legs. He has been sitting on the floor for a very long time, and they were getting uncomfortable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

'What republic idea? I swear, if any more ten year-old kids get involved in matters of state, there'll be Ashkan to pay.'

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was unconcious during the time, but Danny informs me that he spoke with... Red..." Hicchup pauses to allow the proper vehemence into his pronunciation of the name, then keeps talking, "about a new governement system that would keep the king alive, but decrease his powers considerably. I'm not all that hot about the idea, but there is always a different way to file something, so long as all the proper procedures are still followed."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Oh, that. Yeah, bad idea, left well alone and all that. Not worth even discussing. I mean, the people in Generica aren't even semi-competant at their own roles in society, let alone government of a quasi-state. These people have been told what to do all their life, they've grown to accept the ideals and decrees of the monarch. To give them a system in which they are allowed to make their own decisions at this stage in their social evolution would be highly irresponsible, not to mention dangerous. My family are/were royalists, and they always taught me that a crackpot with the power to change is preferable to a bunch of squabbling idiots with the power to change nothing.'

Jack shakes his head and blinks a few times.

'Anyway, who're we killing now?'