New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Kina Yoshimoto - Class 1-2

Kina doesn't respond until she is sitting, as if she is pretending she was unnoticed. She doesn't even flinch at the water gun. Once she reaches her seat, she turns back to Hibiki and bows. "Sorry, Sensei...Yoshimoto Kina. I had trouble...finding my way to school. I promise you, I will not be late again."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Halfling in the Playground

[Takara]

Such things are always complicated when the person giving the compliment was not aware of the scarf in question being alive. But Takara was more than willing to share it with Erima. She gently strokes the scarf.

But if we had gotten up earlier, think of the adventure we would have missed. Besides, I can just borrow your uniform if I need. You don't mind missing the first day of classes, do you?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima] Class 1-2
    [A certain scarf]

Mnn-I guess so. Erima agreed about the adventure. She seemed a little distracted, maybe by the gentle stroking. Perhaps it is a little like being patted on the head. Of Takara's next question she responded.
    I don't mind. As long as you bring me to all of the classes and ceremony. That way I can still hear things. And I will keep you warm and stylish.

Being treated like a scarf, but still lovingly held, of course a scarf has desires of stylish appearance as well.
    Silently Erima hoped that Takara wouldn't get in more trouble for having a scarf on.

Takara. She said again.
    From now on we should put my jersey in your bag, just in case.

~*~

Ceremony
    [Gym]

All of the students were gathered and seated in their proper class. Uniforms arranged neatly and ordered, and the appearance of good students. The teachers also in order in their suits as prepared for the ceremony. And the school song was sung, though for the first year students, this was their first time. And it was emotional - here they are now High School students. For their 3 years now they have a chance for blossoming.

Then the principal gave her opening speech, and the students sat in silence. And the address by the Vice Principal and then Student President.

And then the first year students stood and bowed to thank the principal and teachers. And then they turned to the second and third year students to bow to them and thank them.

And at last everyone sang the entrance song and announcements were made about club events. Then the brass band played again, and the third year students left, and second year students and third year students. Back to their classrooms for homeroom announcements and then lunch.

Such is the beginning of a new year of High School.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-08-13 at 06:36 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Orc in the Playground

Professor Hasunaga was one of the first teachers to leave once the ceremony had ended. Or at the very least, he motioned to do so; if any of the other teachers or the principal had anything to address him for, he would certainly stop for them.

Despite his apparent age, he carried himself well; he occasionally reminded other students to sit up straight and he made sure to follow his own advice when walking. The second and third year students certainly knew him to have a reputation for being strict, but fair.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani

Tani had been late to Ceremony, dashing in just as it was about to begin. The reason? He'd been Asleep in his office. He'd pulled an Athletic Mat in there, and had been just closing his eyes for a minute... when he work up, it was 45 Minutes late and he was late.

He promptly fell back asleep during the Ceremony, luckily not snoring. When it was time to give his announcement someone Elbowed him in the side, and he strode up to the Podium, promoting the Athletic Clubs, especially Martial Arts Oriented ones. He would have gone into a display, probably using Hibiki since he was small, and thusly would fly further, before his good sense (...or, slightly bad sense?) noticed that was a poor idea. He sat back down, yawning. Once the Ceremony was over, he made as if to head back to his office, not having anybody to teach at the moment... (or so he thought.)

---

Aki

Aki played her roll as the good student to a tee, attentive and alert during the speeches, giving thanks to the Professors and Older Students, and listening to the Clubs. She'd already picked, on the advice of her elder Sibling, the Tea Ceremony Club. After it was over, she filed back to her classroom as instructed. No emotion, no jumping up and down, no excitement. Just the picture of calm and composed happiness. Internally, Aki was dreadfully bored with it, but that was life.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

[School Opening Ceremony]

Hibiki, while not as relaxed as Tani, certainly doesn't make much of a fuss about things. When it's time for him to step up to the podium to announce his role as the head of the swim club... a slight problem arises, in that he cannot reach the microphone. A sigh escapes his lips as he requests the help of someone taller; as soon as his announcement is done (completely ignoring any reaction to his stature), he steps back.

...After the ceremony is over, he prepares for his classes...

Valeria is almost the opposite of Aki, enthusiastically cheering along with the crowd. After all, it was an event worth getting worked up over, for her. She's quiet, if still ecstatic, during the club announcements, trying to decide what clubs to take...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora sulks through the ceremony, mumbling something about where the hell Izumi is.

he sighs and brushes the hair out of his eyes as he hears the clubs being named off, knowing he was already in Kendo anyways.

The end of the ceremony, Sora tried to leave slowly, hoping to see somebody he knew, and enjoyed being around.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito coasted through the ceremony, somewhere between "excited" and "bored".

Sure, it was nice to be starting school, and traditions were all well and good.

But why take all this time? Why not just get to it?

As he walked back to class, he was in something of his own world. He still wasn't really sure on what club or clubs he wanted to join. He'd need more information than the short introductions could provide, at least for the half-dozen that had sparked some interest.

(OOC:If Sora wasn't intentionally trying to drive people away by acting anti-social and slightly crazy, it might help.)
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #1089

[School Ceremony]

Sora sighs as he realizes what he's done. He walks out, muttering to himself,

"Great. Another year of isolation and loneliness. Wonderful times."

((True, but then he's not gonna get to surprise everyone when he Ceros something. ))

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Orc in the Playground

[School Ceremony]

Val will have none of that. As the ceremony closes, she speaks up to Sora with an intentionally infectious smile. "...So, what'd you think of the ceremony? Are they all like that?"

Something dawns on her. "...oh... I guess I never introduced myself... I'm Valeria Abel. Though you can just call me Val."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #1091

[School Ceremony]

Sora looks up surprised. The infectious smile is barely resisted.

"Oh, well... It was okay I guess. Most of them are pretty much the same."

Sora stands kind of awkwardly as she introduces herself, and mutters his name.

"Hii'mSoraNamikazenicetomeetyou."

He somehow manages to look awkward and adorable at the same time, leaning back awkwardly while holding his sketchbook in front of himself.

Course, he just thinks he looks crazy.

12. - Top - End - #1092

[School Ceremony]

Nakahiro's expression never wavers from a genuine, happy smile during the opening ceremony. Something about it was always just entertaining to him, even if he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was. After the ceremony finishes, he stands up and stretches languidly, before heading back to class. He, at least, is set for clubs, since he's one of the most skilled members of the school's Kendo Club.

Once he gets back to the class room, he leans back in his chair.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Orc in the Playground

Professor Hasunaga cringed and held his hand up to his right eye, stopping for a moment as though in pain, once he stepped out of the podium. It would take him the best part of a good five minutes before he would regain his breath, which the pain had seemingly accelerated.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #1094

Beck sat in the auditorium, listening intently to all speeches, and cheering enthusiastically when needed. Truth was, her mind was still kind of wandering to different questions. Perhaps the question that popped up the most was, Why does Sora-kun have red eyes...? When it came around to clubs, she had no problem deciding. Art. And maybe cooking.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in school corridors]

As Sora and friends are walking back to their class, a short, grumpy figure in blue overalls steps on their way, mumbling something about how "darn kids dese days, dinnae know how to wipe deir own little...", before abtruptly vanishing into opposing wall.

Mori Souta is well and... uh, not quite alive, but not quite... okay, so he is very, very dead, but that sure as hell ain't stopping from cleaning up.

[Phoenix Town Park]

Come on. Where are you? Show yourself, you coward!, the one known as Õta Yui thinks angrily as she walks past the duck pond, a rolled-up newspaper squeezed thight in her hand. There's no sign of the offending Reiatsu she sensed few days earlier, and her lunch break is running dreadfully short.

Oh, such impudence! I'm not going to be late for work because of a lone, spineless Hollow!
    , she muses, sighing as it becomes clear her search is going to be in vain. Slowly, she turns to walk away. Maybe she still has time to get a quick snack before hurrying back...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Orc in the Playground

[Hallways]

Valeria blinks several times, then winces. She couldn't be having an episode now...

As soon as she reaches the classroom, and more specifically, her own seat, she takes out a bottle of pills and bottle of water from her bag. After taking a couple of the small red pills, she begins to breathe slowly, trying to get her anxiety down. You're okay, you're fine... it was just a small spasm... nothing to get worked up about, you get them all the time...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #1097

[School]

Seeing Valeria ingesting her pills, Nakahiro leans over his desk until his head is about parallel with her.

"Are you alright?"

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Orc in the Playground

[School - Class 1-2]

Val focuses on renewing her smile before looking up to Nakahiro. "Y-yeah, I just... saw something that wasn't there. It happens... It's a symptom of my... condition..." She blushes and loses focus at the end of her sentence.

"...I'll be okay, though, that's what the pills are for."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #1099

[School - Class 1-2]

Saw something that wasn't there? I wonder...

Judging from his expression, Nakahiro has his own thoughts about Valeria's condition. This quickly fades, however, and he smiles and gives a thumbs up.

"Okay, then."

He withdraws back into his normal slouch.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - School

Kina follows the crowd into the auditorium for the opening ceremonies, and pretty much remains totally silent and observant, watching what others do and mimicking them. Every so often, her eyes will land on a particular student whom she will observe closely for a few seconds, only to turn away just before they look in her direction. It was a practiced skill, one she had learned from watching her own grandfather. Learn by watching. Always learn by watching. By the end of the ceremony, Kina was more able to blend with the rest of her classmates.

On her way back to 1-2, Kina's eyes catch Kaito in their vision. They turn in their sockets to view him, and seem to stare only a second too long before Kina keeps on going, likely following behind Ken.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Orc in the Playground

After a few minutes of intense pain, Professor Hasunaga regained his composure and made off for the classroom he was in charge of.

Spoiler
    Show
    Really mean, guys! I hope no one ever shows up with a bloody stump on your doorstep! That reminds me, which class is Hasunaga's again?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - School

Ken largely followed the same routine as Kina in a much more casual manner. He wasn't quite as interested in examining the other students, but he too preferred to study things from afar. Instead of focusing as much on the others he looked at her here and there and was slightly amused by how intently she watched the students and proceedings. As he headed back to class with her he turned to ask, "So, any particular club you plan on joining? I'm definitely set on the boxing club. I've been into sport for a long time."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-18 at 01:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - School

Kina turns to Ken and turns her head slightly. She seems to consider several options as she speaks, looking in various directions as she does. "I dunno. Probably...no, I don't think that one. Um...I'm not sure yet. There's just so many..." At the end, her attention is turned upwards, as if looking for guidance. "Hopefully, it'll all come to me later."

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima
    [A certain cute scarf that Takara is wearing]

Erima had been silent over the course of the ceremony. Somehow Takara had managed to sneak in with the tsukumogami around her neck, and they had now returned to class. Maybe Erima had gone to sleep?
    But no, she was just thinking. What was going on with the rest of the students? She wondered if Takara would make any friends this year.

Sayaka
    [A certain second year student]

Sayaka had also returned from the ceremony to the second year classroom. She was satisfied and more relaxed now that the ceremony was over, though she didn't mention the reason for her earlier stress.
    Maybe it was in thinking of a father who was incompetent so she had to make him breakfast and nearly be late for school.
    Maybe it was the realization that her father maybe was 'play-incompetent' so he could experience his daughter's cooking.
    But actually it was the stress and frustration she felt in the presence of the different pressures in that room. There were some dark secrets to this school, she knew well. But there was no one she could tell, and so she buried them in her chest.

But at least now it was looking like a normal day. Normal days were good. Because too often it was a world of the unusual that Sayaka lived in.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

[School]

Sayaka's normal day is severely disrupted as the lights of her class suddenly flicker and die. Soon after, the sullen ghost of Mori Souta floats through the room, remnants of his severed soul chain clinging as he walks past (or through!) the imperceptive majority of students.

"Gorrammit, Ah know Ah had some spare bulbs sumwhere! Who da heck has put 'em away? What useless whippersnapper 'ave dey hired to replace me? He ain't doin' his dang job right!"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-08-19 at 04:35 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #1106

Beck sighed and rolled her eyes. Ohh boy. It's the janitor's ghost...again. Good to know he's still around. Interesting that no shinigami's come to get rid of him yet... She looked around at her classmates. Didn't look like any of them could see him.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Orc in the Playground

[Class 2-3]

Professor Hasunaga wandered into class 2-3 after being told by the principal's assistant that he would be substituting another colleague. He wasn't given any particular reasons, but he wasn't upset about it - after all, he didn't have any other classes to teach that morning anyway. Were it not for the ceremony, he wouldn't have needed to come to work at all.

Upon arriving, he grumbled as the lights went out in the wake of the janitor's ghost. Trying to look normal instead of annoyed, he joked somewhat about it.

"Huh. I knew I could be gloomy, but this is the first time the lights have gone out on me. Professor Soeren, the principal needs you. I'll be taking over from here."

Walking over to the desk and trying quite hard not to shoot the ghost an angry gaze, Hasunaga gave Soeren a polite nod on his way in.

"For those of you still unacquainted with me, I'm Professor Hasunaga Heiaki. I will be teaching you all proper Japanese for this term. No student of mine is going to pass this year if I see so much as a single kana scribbled like a monkey with a brush, am I clear?"

He leaned forward on his desk and that single eye of his scanned the room for responses.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-08-19 at 06:26 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka is facepalming with a very subtle shiver to her body while the teacher is talking. At the end of Mr. Hasunaga's speech she stood and raised her hand.

"Excuse me, requesting permission to go to Nurse's office." She said with a small vein on her forehead, but to look fine otherwise.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Beck looked over to Sayaka. Maybe the ghost's presence is affecting her...? Could be possible. She then looked up at Hasunaga. She grinned slightly. He'll be a fun one. She nodded, looking directly at him, her eyes showing respect.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

The girl with dyed hair remains silent as the new teacher walks in, even as she puzzles over the meaning behind the old teachers disappearance that had happened so soon. Ill on the first day of school? Family emergency? Fired already? The last wouldn't have really surprised her that much, but not so quickly either.

So when Hasunaga looks about for reactions, he doesn't find one on Michiko's face, merely the calm expression of a teenage girl as she scribbles down notes within a notebook for later reference. Notes on what is a bit of a mystery considering he hasn't started teaching yet.

But Sayaka's response was...curious. She didn't know much about the girl. Not knowing much could be troublesome if she wanted things to go according to plan...

"I could escort her if need be Hasunaga-san."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."