New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Yuudai

The boy blinked as his hand was grabbed. A girl just... He thought, before being dragged away. What the hell? Maybe this is one of those "ghosts." Why'd I have to pick the crazy freshman...

"Hey, why are you running all of a sudden?" The boy asked, almost-but-not-entirely blushing. "Where are we going?"

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Halfling in the Playground

[Takara]

"Anywhere but here!"

She turns a corner and shoulders into the first classroom door they reach, throwing it open.

"Inside! And be quiet!"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

The hulking monster's eyes narrow as the two students flee before it. "Ye tryin' ta get away? Ah cannae 've dat, ye 'ear?" Strangely enough it does not run after them. Instead, it's eerie misproportioned face turns away, and it melds back to the shadows. For a moment, all Takara and Yuudai can hear is the sound of their own steps. After they settle into the abandoned class, all is quiet...

... for a while. "Foolish lil' brats", a low voice snarls from behind them. The twisted mockery of a once-friendly face that is its mask appears in one of the class walls, beady eyes glaring at the students, its misshaped mouth breathing foul, thick smoke into the room. "Ye cannae 'ide from lil' ol me, oh no! Ah can 'ear you breathin' 'n' twitcin' 'n' ruining mah school! 'n' Ah cannae stand it anymore."

Slowly, the rest of the creature follows its head through the wall.

"Ye need ta be taught a lesson. Ah'll make certain ya'll stay all nice 'n' still 'n' quiet from now on. Forever."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora gave her look that said "Pull the other one, it has bells on it." Because there's a fine, fine, line between believable and outright ass-pull. Yoko seemed to be doing fine at dancing around it all the time, but she just went way over the actual part of the line, and set off Sora's common sense.

"Of course they are Yoko-chan. And I'm actually a spiritually-empowered demon that gained the ability to cause widescale destruction on accident."

The look on his face implied such sarcasm, such blatant sarcasm, that there's only the slimmest chance that she'll actually believe him.
    Yoko blinks twice before turning around to look at everyone else in the room, then back to Sora. "Of course it was an accident. You mean you did it on purpose? No one gets to choose to be these things, they just are. My violin case actually turns into a giant dragon that shoots burning hot ash and eats ghosts. Oh, and I'm almost a hundred years old and can remove people's souls with my mouth." She stares at him, still not showing any hint of a joke.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Yoko blinks twice before turning around to look at everyone else in the room, then back to Sora. "Of course it was an accident. You mean you did it on purpose? No one gets to choose to be these things, they just are. My violin case actually turns into a giant dragon that shoots burning hot ash and eats ghosts. Oh, and I'm almost a hundred years old and can remove people's souls with my mouth." She stares at him, still not showing any hint of a joke.
    Sora grins.

"And I eat souls of demons that eat other people's souls. Obviously."

His face remains with a sarcastic grin, and he doesn't seem to care about the ridiculous conversation.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima

"W-what are you doing Takara?! I said RUN, not Hide!" Erima's stressed voice seemed to echo in Takara's ear.

The hollow janitor continued to pull itself the wall at Takara and Yuudai, reaching out with a gnarled hand when a small tag of paper flew like a blur between the students, and stuck to the wall with the sound PON!

Suddenly the approaching hollow stopped. It couldn't pull itself out of the wall here.

Behind them, standing with a hard expression on her face, was a girl in a second year uniform. Her ponytail was to display elegantly on her shoulder, but graceful features were cold as she breathed heavily.
    Holding a hand of in a shape unfamiliar to Takara and Yuudai, she chanted an order.

"Shunbunten fuuinshiki: Samatagete!"

And she threw one of the talisman from her hand at the hollow, and hit the mask in the center with another PON!. There was a small flash of blue light.

Sayaka

She hit the hollow in the face, and there was a flash of faint blue light.

It's stressed. The seal won't last long with this kind of play. She knew.

She looked briefly at Yuudai and then the first year. What was Yuudai doing here with a first year alone in the classroom? She did not want to know what her classmate was doing.

"You two need to run! Go downstairs!" She ordered, pulling a third talisman from her hand. Already using two, with the Autumnal Seal, but there was no choice. But if she had time for misogi... but there was not time for such a wish.

She looked at the first year, and her eyes widened slightly. What is...that? An aura hung around the girl too, but it was different than a ghost. Very unusual and very very hard to see, but Sayaka could guess what it was. No time. No time! She repeated, looking back at the hollow.

But the momentary distraction had almost been enough. The hollow seemed to pull back, since it could not come forward, it would return into the wall. Now was their chance to run. Sayaka grabbed Yuudai's other hand and pulled on him, throwing a glance at the two of them.

"Come on! Don't think this weak attack will stop it for long!"

Silently Sayaka wondered how many students were here. How many were under attack? She had to get to them and protect them. As they ran to the door, Sayaka threw another talisman on the door so that it would not be locked with them inside.
    But she had a limited number of these tags she knew. She already could feel sweat on her back.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [School Hallways]

Kaito shook his head.

"No, if it comes to that, a door is probably going to be easier and less dangerous. But it'd take a couple of us, at least, to do so. Come on; like I said, there might be others about."

Kaito gestured for the whole group to keep moving.

'Somehow, I've ended up leader here...hoboy.'
    [School Hallways]

Nakahiro stays near the back of the group, but continues to follow.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #1328

[Takara]

Terror gave way to momentary surprise, then relief, then more fear. Who was this new woman, that she could stop a Monster with a talisman and an incantation? Did it matter? She knew Yuudai and was able to, at least, halt the Monster. Takara did not question the woman twice, she simply turned and followed as instructed.

I'm sorry, Eri. I thought we could shake it long enough to break a window... Can you feel the energy coming off this lady? She must be a priestess of some kind... Way more powerful than anyone in our family...

"Who are you? Have you fought those Monsters before?"

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School Hallways]

After a few moments of dashing down the hall, Sayaka, Takara, and Yuudai will almost run into another group.

Specifically, Kaito, Nakahiro, Valeria, and (possibly) Ayase.

"Takara? Sayaka? What are you all still doing in the school?"

Kaito starts to tense up; his gut instincts tell him something is off, and possibly about to go wrong.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Orc in the Playground

[Hallways]

Valeria is still noticeably shaking... ...Ok, there's got to be someone doing all this... just a prank on the new kids, right...?
    Don't fool yourself.
    Wake up, already...
    ...r-right?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #1331

[Takara]

A wave of relief washes over Takara as they run into other people. Of course, she quickly reminds herself that there is not likely anything...

But some of these people are different. She can feel spiritual energy radiating from them.

"No time to talk. We need to find a way out of the school."

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora grins.

"And I eat souls of demons that eat other people's souls. Obviously."

His face remains with a sarcastic grin, and he doesn't seem to care about the ridiculous conversation.
    "They're not demons, Sora. They're called hollows. If that's true though, why haven't you gone after me yet? I just told you I eat souls." Yoko leans in close to him. "Let's go somewhere a little more quiet to continue, shall we Sora?"

Yoko stands at that and grabs Sora by his shirt again, ripping him from his chair to be drug out of the cafe. "Thanks for the soda!" She yells to Donovan before exiting.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Ayase feels a buzzing sound in her head for a moment, and then something else.
    This feeling... I didn't notice it until now, but... why didn't Denden say anything?
    Denden, wha-
    Zzzzzzz...

Behind her back, she quietly strikes her phone against the wall.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Orc in the Playground

Teehee... oh, Ayase, you have such beautiful, supple sk-- YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWCH!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THE BIG IDEA, AYASE!? JEEZ!!

It then occurs to Denden that they're in a dark school with a thunderstorm raging outside. And the atmosphere feels heavy. REALLY heavy.

...when did my wet dream turn into a nightmare?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    "No time to talk. We need to find a way out of the school."
    "Got any ideas?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Teehee... oh, Ayase, you have such beautiful, supple sk-- YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWCH!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THE BIG IDEA, AYASE!? JEEZ!!

It then occurs to Denden that they're in a dark school with a thunderstorm raging outside. And the atmosphere feels heavy. REALLY heavy.
    That's what I want to know. What's going on here? No one can get out of the school.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-08 at 05:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Orc in the Playground

Nuuuu... I sense something... a presence I've not felt since...

Ever, really. Denden had never met Mori Souta as a Hollow Akumushi before.

Well, feels to me like someone is using spiritual energy on the doors and windows. That's probably why. But I can't tell who it is or how he's doing it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

Can you tell where it's coming from?

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think so, it's not like we can just follow a line to a plug or something like that...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

Ayase's musing, and everyone else's too, is disrupted with a horrible roar that feels like it rattles the whole school. Doors suddenly bursts open and slam shut again in rapid succession, and the dimly lit corridor seem to grow even darker, the walls seeming to lean closer, creating a very claustrophobic feel.

Then, steps. Heavy, dragging steps, echoing from the corridor where Sayaka and her protegés just were. A faint smell of something burning drifts to their noses, just before thick smoke seeps into their vision from behind the nearest corner.

Something is after them. And it's getting close.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

It's coming! Even without Denden's help, Ayase could tell that.

I have to stop the Akumushi... but I can't let anyone see...
    The others can see a look of panic cross her face.

There's a bathroom nearby.
    And then they see her run away.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Orc in the Playground

[Around the school (I think)]

In front of the school appears to be a lone hollow. It looks like a woman in a billowing gown, with the mask being that of a cold woman asleep. Its hands are hidden by the sleeves, both arms folded in front of her. Around her seems to be a group of fireflies.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga perked his left eye's brow at the sight. This was by far one of the strangest Hollows he'd ever ran into.

"Leave. I won't have you creating havoc in this place."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground

The female hollow turns to Hasunaga as he speaks. Upon closer inspection, the fireflies seem to cast off a cold mist as they fly, and the air is cold. The hollow breaths out, her breath from her mask visible as though it were a cold winter night. "You have made a mistake in interrupting my work, insect." Her "dress" seems to billow even more as though she were caught in a sudden wind as she lifts further off of the ground. The fireflies buzz erratically, forming icicles shortly before flinging them at the shinigami.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga isn't a shinigami, but rather a strange-looking teacher. But perhaps stranger than this is how the icicles shatter before they reach him. Aside from the rain, he doesn't look the least bit bothered.

"Fine. I guess I'll have to show you a few new tricks."

With that, he started calmly walking in the direction of the "female". He calmly raised a hand, his fingertips shaping like a gun.

Gouka Gunshiki 27: Python.

With that, three blasts of focused energy fly towards the Hollow at decent speed. They seem aimed for her legs, torso and head, respectively. Looks like he's willing to test her before going all-out.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, right. Forgot about that.

The hollow doesn't seem phased by the shattering, and nonchalantly flicks her wrist as though to issue a command, the fireflies forming shields made of ice to block all three of the blasts. "Is that the best you can do?" She says cooly, her breath still cold.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Orc in the Playground

"..." Hasunaga's response is silence. He continues to quietly advance. The Hollow's mistake was, of course, to assume a frontal attack was his objective from the beginning.

There was about a 50-50 chance the Hollow would actually notice the follow-up. Despite making relatively little sound and being invisible to the naked eye (and, being made of spiritual particles, the rain wouldn't demonstrate its presence either), Hasunaga's gauntlet flying through the air was just as likely to be noticed by his opponent as not. As the enemy defended, he used the opportunity to attempt blindsiding it from the right.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "..." Hasunaga's response is silence. He continues to quietly advance. The Hollow's mistake was, of course, to assume a frontal attack was his objective from the beginning.

There was about a 50-50 chance the Hollow would actually notice the follow-up. Despite making relatively little sound and being invisible to the naked eye (and, being made of spiritual particles, the rain wouldn't demonstrate its presence either), Hasunaga's gauntlet flying through the air was just as likely to be noticed by his opponent as not. As the enemy defended, he used the opportunity to attempt blindsiding it from the right.
    The hollow does notice, and arranges the fireflies to create a hand of sorts of ice to catch the gauntlet. The rest form a ball in front of her now outstretched hand, launching it at Hasunaga when it is formed.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga gets suspicious then. A ball shape suggested it was going to burst afterwards. As such, when the ball hits, it shatters further ahead of him than the icicles did. It seems whatever he used to block the first attack had been driven forward to ensure the impact wasn't as close as the last one.

Meanwhile, the first invisible gauntlet struggles against the hand of ice, as though it were some strange form of armwrestling - its outline slowly appearing as the prolonged contact remains. The now noticeably younger-looking teacher changes the angle of attack, using his other gauntlet in a wide arc in an attempt to strike from behind.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Orc in the Playground

Surprisingly, it doesn't. The hollow carries the "hand" to the same area that the fist swings at, lessening the blow as it shatters. However, she is still lifted into the air a bit by the blast. After she recomposes herself, she forms another block of ice to block it. The fireflies then fly around her quickly, casting off mist to stick to whatever it was that he is generating.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Orc in the Playground

By this point, Hasunaga knew he wouldn't be able to keep his method of attack secret for much longer. So he decided to go all-out with it.

Rocketing forward, the boot of his invisible "armor" shot towards the Hollow's torso - while at the same time, the other 'boot' rocketed from above in what seemed to be a heel drop. Meanwhile, one of the gauntlets clawed towards the ice block, while the other began charging up for a more potent punch.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show