New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [3.5] The Rogue Handbook: A Fistful of d6

Arcane Duelist adds full Charsima on AC and allow to trade weapon damage for attack bonus (reverse of power attack).
    a typical Dark Wizard hunter would die, on average, eight and a half times along the way to becoming ‘paranoid’.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

Arcane seems like a great idea if I wanted to go for the Cha on my rogue maybe I might, but the int 1lvl dip seemed more appealing to tbh.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

1-lvl deep would grant only 1 AC. You could get it with just feat easily. I would not bother since magic protection is cheaper then feats, but if you insist there are plenty of feats that grants extra protection. The most straightforward is two-weapon defense. And fighter would grant you such bonus feat.
    a typical Dark Wizard hunter would die, on average, eight and a half times along the way to becoming ‘paranoid’.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Colossus in the Playground

In short, Duelist is just bad. Monk gets uncapped Wis to AC with a 1-level dip and that class is universally bad. Fact of the matter is, Light Armor adds up to +4 base and +5 enhancement to AC so unless your second stat is +9 or higher (and your Dex is +9 or higher), such abilities grant no real benefit. Thus you need at least 9 levels of Duelist with 28 Int and Dex for it to be better than just wearing armor. And that's before we get to the opportunity cost of taking Duelist levels over levels with actual vlass features (Rogue levels 10-19 are actually quite good).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

Default Re: [3.5] The Rogue Handbook – When the darkness hits back (for 10d6 damage)

The Mod Life Crisis: Not even a Rogue can Sneak Attack past Necromancy.

Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link