New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Banned

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

My (idiot) chemistry teacher had a picture with a sphere in a suit at a bar. His name was Ionic Bond, and he liked it Taken, not Shared. I hated that teacher.
    On sausages: go kosher. Best.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    ION: NO3-
    I see what you're doing there Sneak, and I can't say I approve of puns like that. I mean, NITRATES? Seriously?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #723
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm fairly certain that you mean immorality, not amorality. Totally different things.[/niptick]
    Nah, amoral business practices to get publicity as opposed to immoral ones specifically to genocide people in certain parts of the globe.

Immorality's bad too, yes. Heck, I'm just in a mood to punish people, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I see what you're doing there Sneak, and I can't say I approve of puns like that. I mean, NITRATES? Seriously?
    I don't see it... Been a long time since a chem course though.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

5. - Top - End - #725

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I don't see it... Been a long time since a chem course though.
    Oh right, if you're referring to what I said, I just decided I have a thing against nitrates. I felt like being controversial.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-07-04 at 05:55 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh right, if you're referring to what I said, I just decided I have a thing against nitrates. I felt like being controversial.
    And I was hoping for a good pun...
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    My (idiot) chemistry teacher had a picture with a sphere in a suit at a bar. His name was Ionic Bond, and he liked it Taken, not Shared. I hated that teacher.
    But... I like dumb science jokes. >.>

My chemistry teacher told the same "Two protons walk into a bar. One said, 'I think I lost an electron!' The other said, 'Are you sure?' 'I'm positive!'" joke many times this year.

I think a requirement for being a science teacher is to have a cheesy sense of humor.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

8. - Top - End - #728

I once knew someone (one of the stupidest, most memorable and most quotable men I have ever met) who claimed to be allergic to nitrates. When pressed about it, he told us "I'm only allergic to some nitrates, mine are not major." No, I have no idea what that means. Then he recounted to us the discovery of his allergy: "I ate a plate of cucumbers, and the nitrates took over my body!"

I miss him so very much.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Barbarian in the Playground

I read "ION: NO3-" as "I'unno." Not sure if that's the joke. Or where the 3- comes in.

Ahem:

So a cop pulls Heisenberg for speeding. The cop asks "sir, do you know how fast you were going?" And Heisenberg answers "yes, but I have no idea where I am!"
    Last edited by Pheehelm; 2010-07-04 at 06:08 PM.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    I read "ION: NO3-" as "I'unno." Not sure if that's the joke. Or where the 3- comes in.
    Not really. People in Random Banter use ION as an acronym for In Other News all the time. So it was just a joke. You know. Because nitrate is an ion. And all that.

Yeah.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    sausaginity.
    Def.: The virginity of a sausage. Lost when poked with a fork.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

So a cop pulls Heisenberg for speeding. The cop asks "sir, do you know how fast you were going?" And Heisenberg answers "yes, but I have no idea where I am!"
    I bow to you, sir. That is most excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Oh, sweet. It's only the 12th through the 15th, but I'm staying in a dorm for the duration, so this oughta be cool. How many songs did you pick up in that time?
    5-8? I don't remember exactly. It was a long time ago.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Sent: Trog is a mass De-Sausagnitar and regularly chain-desausiginates.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Def.: The virginity of a sausage. Lost when poked with a fork.
    I am never eating a sausage with a fork again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

15. - Top - End - #735
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I am never eating a sausage with a fork again.
    Indeed, the proper method is to just jam it into your mouth and chomp down.

Like russian roulette with hot, greasy deliciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

16. - Top - End - #736

Yes, that would take it's sausaginity, technically.

I'm a bad person... >.< :P
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post
    But... I like dumb science jokes. >.>

My chemistry teacher told the same "Two protons walk into a bar. One said, 'I think I lost an electron!' The other said, 'Are you sure?' 'I'm positive!'" joke many times this year.

I think a requirement for being a science teacher is to have a cheesy sense of humor.
    Brings back repressed memories.

18. - Top - End - #738

Two atoms are talking. One's Hydrogen. One's Helium. Helium says "I'll never make it as a Hydrogen atom. I've just got too many electrons." Hydrogen replies
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't be so negative!"

Hands up if you saw this coming four miles away.
    BANG → !

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Sent: Trog is a mass De-Sausagnitar and regularly chain-desausiginates.
    Feer mah fork!!
    *SNRK!!*

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really. People in Random Banter use ION as an acronym for In Other News all the time. So it was just a joke. You know. Because nitrate is an ion. And all that.

Yeah.
    Ah, I've never seen the "In other news" acronym myself, so I didn't initially get it.

21. - Top - End - #741

Two atoms are talking. One's Hydrogen. One's Helium. Helium says "I'll never make it as a Hydrogen atom. I've just got too many electrons." Hydrogen replies
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't be so negative!"

Hands up if you saw this coming four miles away.
    Ahh. I'm in a punny mood. I loves this. <3

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So Dad, how do you like our cattle ranch?"
    "Well, I like what you and your brothers are doing, but why'd you call it Focus?"
    "'Cuz it's where the sons raise meat."
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

"So Dad, how do you like our cattle ranch?"
    "Well, I like what you and your brothers are doing, but why'd you call it Focus?"
    "'Cuz it's where the sons raise meat."
    *Ravens Cry scratches her head quizzically*
    Huh?

24. - Top - End - #744

Ahh. I'm in a punny mood. I loves this. <3
    Punny Business I: Weevils
    Mr and Mrs Weevil had two sons, one of whom they named Fred, the other, Jim. Fred turned out to be a talented actor, who was soon cast as all the most prestigious roles in Broadway productions, and later made a career in film and television. He earnt millions of pounds every day and soon became the richest weevil in the world. Everyone knew his name, but he let it get to his head. Fred became misanthropic, and eventually purchased an island and hired an army, declaring war on everyone, just because it wasn't perfect, like he thought he deserved. Meanwhile, Jim was content in his job as a fireman. It was tough work, with poor pay, but he always came home satisfied when he knew he'd prevented a fire, and even saved lives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jim was clearly the lesser of two weevils.

Punny Business II: Straw Hut
    Long ago, in a country far away, lived a young boy and his family, in a hut made of straw. The boy was a very fussy eater, and one day, was given a cheese and ham scone to eat. Not only was it a savoury scone, which the boy considered an abomination, but the ham was also improperly cured and had gone slightly off. In a fit, the boy chucked the scone into the corner, never to be seen again. Soon, however, the family was visited by some wild animals who smelt the ham and wanted it for themselves. Upon reaching the hut, all that the wild animals could tell is that the source of the smell was from inside the hut. They easily broke apart the straw walls, letting the hut collapse onto the boy's mother and father. and took the cheese and ham scone away to eat. The boy, who had been playing outside, turned around to see he was now homeless, and unless he acted fast, parentless. From that day forward, the boy knew that
    Spoiler
    Show
    people in grass houses shouldn't throw scones.

THE END???
    BANG → !

25. - Top - End - #745

You guys want puns? I'll give you puns.

Though I can't remember how I found this site, I think it might have been from these forums somehow.. I guess the Playground really likes puns.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2010-07-04 at 08:32 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #746

Punny Business QUICK SHOT 1: Peanut!
    Two peanuts were walking down the road.
    Spoiler
    Show
    One was assaulted.

Punny Business QUICK SHOT 2: Pharmacist!
    An man was running down the street, chasing a Hearse, on which he had left the handbrake off. He popped into the pharmacy and asked
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Have you got anything to stop this coffin?"
    BANG → !

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Two detectives were investigating the murder of golfer Juan Gonzalez.

"How was he killed?" asked one detective.

"The witnesses said the killer used a golf gun," the other detective replied.

"A golf gun?" the first detective exclaimed. "What the heck is a golf gun?!"

The second detective replied:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't know, but it sure made a hole in Juan."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #748

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    *Ravens Cry scratches her head quizzically*
    Huh?
    I just got this one. It's the focus because the sun's rays meet there.
    BANG → !

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

I just got this one. It's the focus because the sun's rays meet there.
    *looks again*
    <> insert disgusted groan</>

30. - Top - End - #750

What's this? Puns? For me? :O
    Punny Business I: Weevils
    I saw that coming when I read the word, "Weevil". Just cause I heard the joke in Master and Commander.

Punny Business II: Straw Hut
    That is the best one. Ever. You win the internet.

@All other puns/punners: I love you and you made me laugh.

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.