New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    For a second there, I thought that was going to be a thread explaining why your avatar has changed. Ha.

Though now I miss your stick figure. Aw...

...By the way, what is your new avatar?

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    For a second there, I thought that was going to be a thread explaining why your avatar has changed. Ha.

Artistically arranged pixels.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

4. - Top - End - #1354

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

A test pattern used by a TV station. Well and truly over the 120x120 limit.

Spoiler
    Show

It's for testing only, normal avatars will resume shortly.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Eadin: Good luck. I can't really offer any advice that Rawhide didn't already give, but I hope it all turns out fine.

Oh, and since pictures were requested, here they are.

Spoiler
    Show

Part of the face is visible, yes, but I had to see out of that thing somehow. And breathe.

Basically, pair of cardboard masks tied together. One face on my actual face, one on the back of my head. Cane's a bamboo stick with the top sawn off (you'll see why soon) and painted black. The cape's, well, a cape.

Sorry about the room in the background. That's the (rather messy) living room.

Picture 2, which is rather less good. The blurry thing I'm holding is the sword, actually a wire from a pipe cleaner, embedded into the tiny bit of bamboo I cut off the top of the cane. The blade itself is sheathed inside the rest of the cane, and the two bits of bamboo are held together by means of my hand. Not a very good costume, I know.

Also, yes, that's the other side of the mask. The face of great sadness.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-07-12 at 04:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #1356

ATTN: Aussies

Shaolin Soccer. Tonight. SBS 2.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

Gah! I just realised that I've had a local gaming shop in the town where I live for the past four years, and I hadn't noticed it.

Sure, I'd seen it as I drove past it, and I'd noticed the banner that showed the War Hammer 40K logo in a corner of the window, but never realised they actually had lots of gaming stuff.
    Of course, the name (Bus Stop Toy Shop) doesn't really shout "GAMING STORE" at you.
    I need to go there to have a look at some point during the week. I wonder if I can make it there after work before they close... It's about a 25 minute drive from work there, I finish at 5PM, they close at 5.30PM...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Gah! I just realised that I've had a local gaming shop in the town where I live for the past four years, and I hadn't noticed it.
    I realised I had a local gaming shop that had been around for... a year or so. I went in once briefly to have a look around. Then ever since, it's been "closed for restocking". That was several months ago. I don't think it's restocking.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-07-12 at 08:25 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I realised I had a local gaming shop that had been around for... a year or so. I went in once briefly to have a look around. Then ever since, it's been "closed for restocking". That was several months ago. I don't think it's restocking.
    My main problem will likely be that their gaming nights on Thursdays are for WH40K, Yu-Gi-Oh and M:tG, all of which I have no experience in or interest in.
    They do have a '40k in 40 minutes' thing on Sunday mornings, but considering that most Sundays are out for me because of Football officiating, those sessions seem a bit out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

We had a gaming shop up at the mall a few years ago, but it closed due to lack of sales.

It wasn't really focused on "gaming" so much as it was focused on board games though, but it was still a nifty store.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Ouch. I've got sun burn on my feet.

I'm on vacation in sunny California. Except we've not really seen much sun... it's been pretty overcast.

But I've still managed to burn my feet... I forgot to apply sun tan lotion to them...

12. - Top - End - #1362

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post

I'm on vacation in sunny California. Except we've not really seen much sun... it's been pretty overcast.

But I've still managed to burn my feet... I forgot to apply sun tan lotion to them...
    I'm assuming you mean the tops of your feet? It would be really bizarre if the bottoms of your feet were sun burned.

Either way, burning any part of the foot is strange. You don't really expect that area of your body to burn. Kinda like the top of your ears or your hairline. Always sucks when you burn those places, too.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2010-07-12 at 10:55 AM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

I went to the Renaissance Faire yesterday. Saw jousting and jesters, looked at deadly weapons, and fought people with less-than-deadly weapons. And saw someone with an OotS shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Which shirt was it? =3 You must give us this detail!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

It was the one with Banjo the Clown!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

16. - Top - End - #1366

Mmm... failed attampts at gingerbread houses are delicious. It's great having a housemate with a baking habit.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post

If you're in Southern California: the weather is hot in the summer and sort of in the middle during the winter, with ups and downs at random. Example: the last 3 or 4 days have been chilly.
    I have no idea what Northern California is like, though.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

18. - Top - End - #1368

So London was awesome, saw so many famous things. And it was hot.
    And the weirdest thing is that the further south I got on the way home the colder and greyer it got.
    It was comparatively freezing when I got home, and when I said this to Mum she said, "What the hell are you talking about? It's unbearably hot here, and it was worse last night. We had to sleep with the windows and doors open. And even so we had to sleep on top of the covers."

. . .

Londinium heatwave has ruined me.

ION: I have just fully snapped the 'J' key off of my keyboard. I'm a little peeved.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And the weirdest thing is that the further south I got on the way home the colder and greyer it got.
    It was comparatively freezing when I got home, and when I said this to Mum she said, "What the hell are you talking about? It's unbearably hot here, and it was worse last night. We had to sleep with the windows and doors open. And even so we had to sleep on top of the covers."

. . .

ION: I have just fully snapped the 'J' key off of my keyboard. I'm a little peeved.
    Seems more like they've given you added resistance to heat. A positive thing, in my book. ;p

Hmm...do you know how to dismantle a keyboard? Do you know anyone who might? There should be a way to screw it back in if the plastic hasn't literally broken away. Though if it has, then that's just awful luck. :(
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

. . .

you'll need a match
    some superglue
    duct tape, a bin-bag, 10cc of di-morphine, a 200MW blue laser, an orbital weapons platform. and a cat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

21. - Top - End - #1371

. . .

I went more and more North, it also became colder that way. London must be the epicentre of some giant miasma of unbearable heat. Heat I tried to escape from by drinking coffee. FYI it doesn't work at all.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    I went more and more North, it also became colder that way. London must be the epicentre of some giant miasma of unbearable heat. Heat I tried to escape from by drinking coffee. FYI it doesn't work at all.
    I couldn't tell because my coach had those air-blower things above the seats (Do they count as air-conditioning? I don't know) and basically everyone switched them on, leading to not cool, but a more bearable level of heat. And by the time I arrived in Newcastle obviously there was no sun, so naturally it was cooler.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think London in the Emit Remmus is always like that. I spent a good part of my childhood there, so I decided to go back and do the tourist thing about 3 years ago. Stepping off the train in London, the heat was seriously oppressive. Stepping off the train when back home in the north east, felt so much better.

And stepping off the local train when almost, oh sea air, how I missed you.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

Hee hee. It's been in the 100s fahrenheit here the last week. Got down to 85-ish today and I'm in jeans and a warm shirt.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Hee hee. It's been in the 100s fahrenheit here the last week. Got down to 85-ish today and I'm in jeans and a warm shirt.
    Yeah, really. If it's below 30C, it qualifies as a nice say around here.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

Well here in the Big Apple it's around 92 last time I checked. Guess who got the only subway car without AC! That's right, the guy who works in 32 degree heat all day! Oh you devil sun and your radiation making long metal tubes into veritable ovens....

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

I just checked teh internets, and according to the website I visited, the highest it's gotten in London this month is 88. Buncha *******.

Of course, it's probably waaaaaaaay more humid there than it is here.

Edit: What! Apparently something I said was censored. Maybe it's dirty somewhere. okay, well, it looks way worse now. But I'll just say "wusses" instead, I guess.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2010-07-12 at 05:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Wasn't too bad here in the middle of New York State. It got up to about 87 degrees outside, but the humidity was so low that it didn't feel bad at all.

Which is good, because trying to move yet another large tree branch in scorchy humid weather would not be fun. ^^;
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1379

I just checked teh internets, and according to the website I visited, the highest it's gotten in London this month is 88. Buncha *******.

Of course, it's probably waaaaaaaay more humid there than it is here.

Edit: What! Apparently something I said was censored. Maybe it's dirty somewhere. okay, well, it looks way worse now. But I'll just say "wusses" instead, I guess.
    I suppose you called us the plural of pansy?

And yep, Saturday was about 65% humidty, Sunday was 96% humidity. ANd because this was buggin all of us over the entire weekend, how does humidty work?
    When DD, Archie, Thufir, Eldpollard and I were on a touristy trip of London a few people agreed that 96% humidty sould mean we were virtually underwater.
    Seriously, what's up with a humidity measurement thingy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #1380

I do keep mentioning this is London, in England, the land of "just enough" and averages. Our weather during the summer is normally average... for the southern hemisphere.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS