New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Seven

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-03 at 06:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Um. What's not to love about Otters, again?

Furry Old Lobsters, y'know....

It's not so much that everything's a racket, so much as every single human being is, well, human.

Except for the ones who aren't. Those buggers are creepy {scrubbed}.

Also, the TVtropes page on homosexuals is the worst TVtropes page ever. It just... seems to defy the format entirely.

Or did they overhaul the website while I was on a bus across the U.S.?
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-03 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Um. What's not to love about Otters, again?

Furry Old Lobsters, y'know....
    This is what's not to love about otters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Rappy; 2010-07-03 at 01:32 AM.
    LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #394

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    This is what's not to love about otters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I wasn't suggesting kissing them, but, hey, every animal could use someone to brush their teeth now and then.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Why on earth do you just happen to have a picture of Otter teeth lying around?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Why on earth do you just happen to have a picture of Otter teeth lying around?
    Google, my friend, Google. I'd never have a random otter dentition image lying around!

A random image of alligator teeth, on the other hand...
    LGBTitP

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, alligators are awesome...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

I creep you out?

edit: I wish...
    Last edited by golentan; 2010-07-03 at 02:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post

I creep you out?
    I don't think you've done or said or acted in a way sufficient to ping as "inhuman monstorsity!? AHH!!! kill, kill, kill!"
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    I want boobs and hips and ovaries and all the bits and pieces that go with it. Not much of a reveal, bit still...
    If we had the skill, I'm sure you'd find someone to trade you.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #401

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    If we had the skill, I'm sure you'd find someone to trade you.
    Yeah, that's the creepiest thing about such thoughts.

The idea of having someone else completely having their genes shape my body... and if their cancer risk is worse... *shudder*

I mean, it's bad enough I had to deal with my parents mixing up my genes themselves from whatever spare parts they had lying around, but entrusting my health to the continued integration and hormonal success of someone else's organs? I mean, people who get hearts or kidneys are screwed either way so they take the chance that let's 'em live longer and isn't necessary SOL, you die now by definition. This, this is treating the body like silly putty by adding and removing things and seeing what happens.

Definitely a more open, trusting, brave soul than mine to be willing to do that.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's the creepiest thing about such thoughts.

The idea of having someone else completely having their genes shape my body... and if their cancer risk is worse... *shudder*

I mean, it's bad enough I had to deal with my parents mixing up my genes themselves from whatever spare parts they had lying around, but entrusting my health to the continued integration and hormonal success of someone else's organs? I mean, people who get hearts or kidneys are screwed either way so they take the chance that let's 'em live longer and isn't necessary SOL, you die now by definition. This, this is treating the body like silly putty by adding and removing things and seeing what happens.

Definitely a more open, trusting, brave soul than mine to be willing to do that.
    Oh, please. That's the sort of thinking that makes people not want to do Firmware patches because it might wipe their hard drive.

Bodies don't matter very much, unless they can't perform a given task. It matters not whether you hold the screwdriver with your fingers, toes, or tentacles as long as you can still screw.

...Sorry, lost my train of thought for a moment.

I see nothing wrong with powerful reshapings of one's sleeve, even one's mind, so long as they are not damaging and/or not irreparable. Hence my disdain for cosmetic surgery: It's pretty much one way and it does do damage what don't grow back, even ignoring the risks of General Anesthesia and his friend, Colonel Hospital Infection. A nice easy gene therapy (designed and tested properly beforehand), is a much less dangerous proposition, and leaves you you the same. It's all in the Resonance, baby!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate M View Post
    Also I used to be part of the LGBT. I'm not going to and tell you whether homosexuality is wrong ethically or morally, but I will say this: They're an organization. And they're out to make money, and get their way. They don't care about you. I think gays are alot like Masons.
    Oh shiii-! We've been rumbled, lads! Get into the van before the Fuzz arrive!
    <60's british chase scene>
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-03 at 06:38 PM.
    current excuse for incoherence: heat

15. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-03 at 06:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406

Ah, to be fair to the guy, he was actually much more polite than everyone else, and he put it down to his personal beliefs that he knows not everyone else agrees with and doesn't expect them to (as opposed to "my beliefs are right and everyone must abide by them dagnabbit!").

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Ah, to be fair to the guy, he was actually much more polite than everyone else, and he put it down to his personal beliefs that he knows not everyone else agrees with and doesn't expect them to (as opposed to "my beliefs are right and everyone must abide by them dagnabbit!").
    Do not trust the cannibal just because he is using a knife and fork.

In other news, found an article about Gaydar.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

18. - Top - End - #408

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Quite possibly, I'm only pointing out what some people think. My personal feeling is that given how many kids (including the oft ignored teenagers) desperately need to be adopted into loving homes it is foolish to disallow homosexual couples from adopting.
    I agree completely. There are so many needy children in the world who just want someone, anyone to love them, they're not going to care who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate M View Post
    Paranoid stuff.
    The local supermarket is having a sale on tinfoil. Would you like me to make you a nice hat?

All snarkiness aside, the things you said could also have been (and, I'm sure, were) said about every minority rights movement ever. Of course we want to "centralize power and take control and change the ethical standards to [our] liking." That's because the current people in power aren't helping us (with some exceptions) and the current ethical standards want to deny us basic rights.

Also, you say "the LGBT" like we're a single organized entity, like PETA or (to use your example) the Masons. We're not. We're a bunch of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender people, and a whole lot of other folk that don't fit into the heteronormative lifestyle. Most of us are just trying live our lives. That's all. There are some organizations that try to lobby for our rights, but, to be honest, they're not as well organized as I would like.

Edit: @^: I think that article is fascinating. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Danne; 2010-07-03 at 10:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409

NecromancerGuy

Oh, please. That's the sort of thinking that makes people not want to do Firmware patches because it might wipe their hard drive.

Bodies don't matter very much, unless they can't perform a given task. It matters not whether you hold the screwdriver with your fingers, toes, or tentacles as long as you can still screw.

...Sorry, lost my train of thought for a moment.

I see nothing wrong with powerful reshapings of one's sleeve, even one's mind, so long as they are not damaging and/or not irreparable. Hence my disdain for cosmetic surgery: It's pretty much one way and it does do damage what don't grow back, even ignoring the risks of General Anesthesia and his friend, Colonel Hospital Infection. A nice easy gene therapy (designed and tested properly beforehand), is a much less dangerous proposition, and leaves you you the same. It's all in the Resonance, baby!!!
    Yeah, see, wasn't really talking about gene therapy, more the raw, visceral harvesting of organs from one and putting them into another, especially organs that like, interact with the rest of the body's function rather than simply allowing the body to continue its most basic functions, the transplantation of kidneys and hearts has its own special type of creepy nightmares it gives me. That mental image just creeps me out on both a hygienic level and the one I fell asleep at the keyboard describing. Or rather, failing to discuss, I guess.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #410
    Barbarian in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-03 at 06:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-03 at 06:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murdim View Post
    I'm relieved I'm not the only one to think that. It is essentially an Useful Notes page.
    An Useful Notes page that is in the Main section instead of the Useful Notes section.
    A very bad Useful Notes page that is in the Main section instead of the Useful Notes section, and essentially consists in a very personal and completely disjointed rant from the main author.
    A very bad Useful Notes page that is in the Main section instead of the Useful Notes section, and essentially consists in a very personal and completely disjointed rant from the main author, which would be bad enough even without the unneccessary, borderline offensive ramblings about American politics, infidelity, religion, and of course, bisexuality, because any rant about how insightful and open-minded you are about "difference" just wouldn't be complete without some gratutitous backstabbing against those people who aren't quite different enough to your taste and thus doesn't deserve your tolerance (hey, I went through this crap).
    Now if only we had some sane individuals to go in and fight the good fight there.

I'm sorta 4F in that regards though.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just saying that at statistics class we analyzed the gaydar research. Although I don't know the details of it anymore, most of the tests they did and the results they got and conclusions they make from the results are questionable at best. There is no real proof of the existence of a gaydar.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2010-07-03 at 12:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414

NecromancerGuy

^: Wait, are we talking about a device that can determine sexuality or just hokey pseudo-thinking?

I think the real question is, will we conceivably be capable of constructing a device that can analyze pheromones to such a degree within the next 20, 30 years?

I for one think so. Whether it'll be put to good or evil use, who knows.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-03 at 12:40 PM.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #415

Zombie

Oh, I don't know. I'm not saying the study in question is definitive, but I can see there being a pheromone that some people can detect that might help them determine if someone was gay or straight. Which is not to say that everyone can detect it, or that everyone who is gay has it. "Gaydar jammers," and all that.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

^: Wait, are we talking about a device that can determine sexuality or just hokey pseudo-thinking?

I think the real question is, will we conceivably be capable of constructing a device that can analyze pheromones to such a degree within the next 20, 30 years?

I for one think so. Whether it'll be put to good or evil use, who knows.
    Bees.

Bees have a better ability to identify scents than bloodhounds, and can be trained. I bet you anything you could make a bee box and watch whether they start dancing when you give them a sniff of someone.

As in "Within a Month."

Or do you mean high tech? Not everything is better off with more microchips.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Bees.

Bees have a better ability to identify scents than bloodhounds, and can be trained. I bet you anything you could make a bee box and watch whether they start dancing when you give them a sniff of someone.

As in "Within a Month."

Or do you mean high tech? Not everything is better off with more microchips.
    Bee-dar. As soon as I finish typing this, I'm on the way to the patent's office with a hive and a matchbox.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Locked for review.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

29. - Top - End - #419
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Real world politics and religion are inappropriate topics on this forum, even when they intersect permitted topics. Please don't make or link to political comments.

Also, please report posts you believe violate the forum rules rather than firing back or derailing the thread with nonsense.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

30. - Top - End - #420

Sheesh. Sorry guys, didn't even cross my mind that that would be a Bad Thing To Do. Still has yet to do so, but oh well. The Voice of Mod hath spoken.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-07-03 at 09:44 PM.