New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Is that a permanent gamemode now or did it just come back for a repeat? I have yet to try it but it sounds way fun.
    It's an encore mutation, the mutation coming up this thursday is Versus Survival, which is going to be outright ridiculous.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    hmm... what's your name?
    Same as my forum name: ZeroNumerous

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by surikesu View Post
    It's an encore mutation, the mutation coming up this thursday is Versus Survival, which is going to be outright ridiculous.
    Yeah, it's come back for a second time. And it's pretty fun.

Survival Versus comes on Friday so you still got one more day.

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Hypothetical question here, but if I was a Huntsman Sniper, who fired an arrow into a crit rocket headed for my team medic, destroying it.

Would that make me big hero? Because there is not enough heroism in the world these days.
    Wait. Can you destroy death crockets with a single photon arrow?

Can you destroy a rocket with an arrow. Because that'd totally make the huntsman worth it at higher skill levels. That'd be friggin awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post

Can you destroy a rocket with an arrow. Because that'd totally make the huntsman worth it at higher skill levels. That'd be friggin awesome.
    Oh yeah you can.
    Arrow counts as a prop in the world, just as rockets do, which means they can collide with one another.

I discovered this when I and another Sniper managed to shoot each other's arrows out of the sky.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

I knew you could shoot other arrows, but...

Rockets?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

In theory anything that can be reflected is a prop and as such can block other props.

So a well aimed Jarate or Sandman ball...
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Piss beats crocket. News at 11.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Piss beats crocket. News at 11.
    I now want to somehow make a frag type video based on that concept and call it that...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Polycount Update is coming.
    What's the bet the Polycount Update will come with the first page of the Engineer Update?
    And this is finally official.
    Seriously, they're just rubbing it in now. It better be soon.
    I'm okay with this.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-07-01 at 02:49 AM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Yeah, sounds like good news. Almost good enough to distract me from the LACK OF AN ENGINEER UPDATE RAAAGGGHHH ALSO EPISODE 3

I think I'm getting the hang of X-COM. I just started a new playthrough--so far, I've managed to keep the same squad alive for a handful of UFO investigations and two terror events, one in Los Angeles and one in Lagos--both of which were riotous successes on my part. I've also managed to get up to the personal armor and laser rifle phase, although I've yet to progress beyond it. My funding is coming in thick and fast, and the only complaint I've gotten is from China because it's on the opposite side of base.

So far, the secret seems to be setting up in Canada instead of Norway. Also, using a tank.

(Of course, I've played this sort of trial-and-error videogame long enough to know that the instant you start skating along okay at it, it's going to sucker punch you so hard you won't be able to so much as look at it for another week, but allow me just a moment of denial here.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Make sure to capture aliens. You're going to need to Psionic goodies.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

X-COM livestream at 4, starting in three hours! Hopefully someone will turn up!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Same as my forum name: ZeroNumerous
    Hmm... I can't find you either.

Join the GitP l4d2 group.... then I can find you.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Join the GitP l4d2 group.... then I can find you.
    I'm still waiting on the invite for that one.

EDIT: Looked myself up on SteamCommunity. If all else fails then that should work, Toasty.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-07-01 at 07:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I'm still waiting on the invite for that one.

EDIT: Looked myself up on SteamCommunity. If all else fails then that should work, Toasty.
    THere we go! You've been added. :)

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Yeah, sounds like good news. Almost good enough to distract me from the LACK OF AN ENGINEER UPDATE RAAAGGGHHH ALSO EPISODE 3

I think I'm getting the hang of X-COM. I just started a new playthrough--so far, I've managed to keep the same squad alive for a handful of UFO investigations and two terror events, one in Los Angeles and one in Lagos--both of which were riotous successes on my part. I've also managed to get up to the personal armor and laser rifle phase, although I've yet to progress beyond it. My funding is coming in thick and fast, and the only complaint I've gotten is from China because it's on the opposite side of base.

So far, the secret seems to be setting up in Canada instead of Norway. Also, using a tank.

(Of course, I've played this sort of trial-and-error videogame long enough to know that the instant you start skating along okay at it, it's going to sucker punch you so hard you won't be able to so much as look at it for another week, but allow me just a moment of denial here.)
    Yeah, it will do that eventually. On my second UFO Ground mission of a playthrough I quit, one alien managed to frag his alien team mate and kill him and completely spare all of my troops. It was awesome. Next turn, he didn't miss and killed 7 out of the 10 of my soldiers.

That and yesterday in a battle in the UK it was a farm based map, and one of the aliens managed to shoot through a doorway and then through one of the tiny windows for a one-shot kill on one of my soldiers.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-07-01 at 08:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Sure, I'll be there, I don't have work today.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Can you actually frag a rocket with another projectile in TF2?

I used to do it all the time in TFC with something like the nailgun, but I haven't seen it in TF2. (You could kill stickies mid-air, but they 'fixed' that.)

Hypothetical question here, but if I was a Huntsman Sniper, who fired an arrow into a crit rocket headed for my team medic, destroying it.

Would that make me big hero? Because there is not enough heroism in the world these days.
    EDIT - I see you answered this way up there. Oh well!
    Last edited by Snowstorm; 2010-07-01 at 09:18 AM.
    Ask not for whom the wolves howl, they howl for thee.

--- Also known as [GITP] Magentawolf

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

I now have bought L4D2 and will be seeking fellow players soon. Let me know if you're interested in leaving a newbie behind to die.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Well, well. I just might.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post

It doesn't because generally you're better off getting the headshot than blocking the rocket you can usually sidestep :P

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Cool story behind this. Remember how tf2wiki was getting all ad-clogged, with trojans, pop-ups, etc?

That wasn't because they needed money. That was because the original owner of the domain (who wasn't at all involved in the community) sold the domain for $70000, and the new owner decided to monetize the site with more ads. Thus, the admins migrated the wiki.

I would like to say: Pwned by the community.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-01 at 10:50 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    OH GOD YOU GOT A DEMO OF THAT I LOVE YOU

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    It doesn't because generally you're better off getting the headshot than blocking the rocket you can usually sidestep :P
    Yes, try side stepping the crocket with a massive kill radius and insta-gib capability without doing damage to the soldier, under the assumption that you can reliably headshot a Soldier with the Lucksman Huntsman.

To quote the Heavy on this:

"IZ NOT POSSIBLE."

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    NICE. I LOVE YOU FOREVER ATHEIST. (Except when I'm cursing you.)
    Last edited by Byrnbot08; 2010-07-01 at 10:51 AM.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, try side stepping the crocket with a massive kill radius and insta-gib capability without doing damage to the soldier, under the assumption that you can reliably headshot a Soldier with the Lucksman Huntsman.

To quote the Heavy on this:

"IZ NOT POSSIBLE."
    Not at close range, but at any distance beyond? Easily. At the very least you can dodge the crawket. You only need to move 144 HU to get completely out of the blast radius; you move 300 HU in a second.

28. - Top - End - #328

My reply to the above?

As a good Sniper, the Soldier attacking you should already be dead before he sees you. The mantra is as follows,:

Be polite.
    Be efficient.
    Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

My reply to the above?

As a good Sniper, the Soldier attacking you should already be dead before he sees you. The mantra is as follows,:

Be polite.
    Be efficient.
    Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
    I think you mean

Be polite.
    Be polite.
    Have a plan to be polite to everyone you meet.
    Nothing but a Nobody

30. - Top - End - #330
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I think you mean

Be polite.
    Be polite.
    Have a plan to be polite to everyone you meet.
    When did the Sniper become Canadian?