New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Could someone give me an invite to the Left 4 Dead group? Also, why does the smoke come off the back of the guns?

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Golden Wrench No. 32 was found on our Chocolate Hammer server this evening. I have a screen shot of the event, of which I will post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #723

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Just bought Civ III since I was bored and wanted to play an RTS other than WCIII or SC (not that I play either much). Not that any of your are interested, I'm sure. Also, don't ask me to play online, I suck at RTS games :P
    Hey, I suck too! Want to play sometime? Assuming my copy can be found, and works.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Banned

Decided to craft the hats I don't like much together and I got ones I already had three times in a row. Funny stuff.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Golden Wrench No. 32 was found on our Chocolate Hammer server this evening. I have a screen shot of the event, of which I will post soon enough.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Just bought Civ III since I was bored and wanted to play an RTS other than WCIII or SC (not that I play either much). Not that any of your are interested, I'm sure. Also, don't ask me to play online, I suck at RTS games :P
    CivIII is TBS, but I've got it to if you wanna play sometime.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Decided to craft the hats I don't like much together and I got ones I already had three times in a row. Funny stuff.
    IT WAS.

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Except it wasn't, actually. The wrenches have a global announce, and Wats mistook it for the actual drop. Confirmed by other people on ChHa.

9. - Top - End - #729

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Except it wasn't, actually. The wrenches have a global announce, and Wats mistook it for the actual drop. Confirmed by other people on ChHa.
    Post the screenshot anyway.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    CivIII is TBS, but I've got it to if you wanna play sometime.
    Ah, I was under the impression it was RTS...I am somewhat less enthusiastic to play it now. Ah well.

I might play with other people after I've gotten used to it.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Orc in the Playground

Well I seriously doubt anyone in a Australian server will get a goldern wrench.. stupid biased Valve.

12. - Top - End - #732

Well, I don't have a golden wrench. And I won't get one.

But I do know dtsund, AKA Mr. 33. So that's nice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DranWork View Post
    Well I seriously doubt anyone in a Australian server will get a goldern wrench.. stupid biased Valve.
    Does this strike anyone else as ironic, given the update's story?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-06 at 12:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Does this strike anyone else as ironic, given the update's story?
    Honestly, I don't trust valve. However, it does seem possible since they are technically like random drops

I think we'll see about 70 EST time zone gets, maybe 10 UK ones, and the other 20, Aus, Russia, and the rest of Europe.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    - like the owl.
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Dis, I love you.
    Your quotes rawk.

16. - Top - End - #736

Grr. Was gonna save crafting my two spare hats for if trading hit, but now I dunno whether to RISK IT ALL
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I will have L4D1 in a very short amount of time. I need people to play with slaughter me late tomorrow or Wednesday. Who's in?
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I was under the impression it was RTS...I am somewhat less enthusiastic to play it now. Ah well.

I might play with other people after I've gotten used to it.
    You thought it was an RTS? Who told you that?

As for actually playing the game: Be warned that the RNG is hateful.

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    I heard horns eventually.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    You thought it was an RTS? Who told you that?

As for actually playing the game: Be warned that the RNG is hateful.
    I dunno, I just always thought it was RTS. I've only ever heard of it in name.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    - like the owl.
    Dis, I love you.
    Your quotes rawk.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

I've not played TF2 for a few months... is it true, what I hear? Is the mythical Engineer Update actually happening?

In another news, I'm happy I bought Titan Quest in that sale - it's shaping up to be a much more fun Diablo clone than Torchlight. Just got the ability to choose a second Mastery, not sure what to pick to complement Huntering.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

And so begins the long, arduous week whereby I wake up every morning excited for the new Engineer page...

And then have to wait until the evening because you Yanks have to be so far behind the proper time.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

23. - Top - End - #743

Dammit!!! Sale ends just as I decide I want Europa Universalis.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

24. - Top - End - #744

Gentlemen

I am not that envious of Golden Wrench wielders. This only means that their Wrench kills on Spahs sapping their Sentries/Dispensers/Teleporters will be utterly humilated as they approach and get bashed to death.

I am however, worried about the update progress thingie... 100 GWs will be sent out, and an update every 25 GWs found. This means no one will be playing, and no one for me to kill whilst everybody is stuck in spawn, spamming crafting items. And I want those other Engie Update items. Now.

I can only hope the Australium Fever passes on quickly, so that the game will return to its disgustingly tragic, horribly pointless bickering once more.

In other news, I now have Crit-A-Cola. I am prepared to be horribly gibbed the moment I step into the server.

I has Baker Boy and I has a Tyrant's Helm. Should I craft them together y/n?

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

25. - Top - End - #745

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    I will have L4D1 in a very short amount of time. I need people to play with slaughter me late tomorrow or Wednesday. Who's in?
    I ammmmmmm
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    I can only hope the Australium Fever passes on quickly, so that the game will return to its disgustingly tragic, horribly pointless bickering once more.
    Welcome to every class update ever. I played pyro after the sniper/spy and WAR updates, engineer after the scout update, and I think it'll be demomemoman this time.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

27. - Top - End - #747

Quote Originally Posted by potatocubed View Post
    Welcome to every class update ever. I played pyro after the sniper/spy and WAR updates, engineer after the scout update, and I think it'll be demomemoman this time.
    Yeeessss... I think I just realised.

Similarly, I also just realised: On maps with gold on them, (Goldrush is fairly obvious,) teams are fighting.

Gold has 79(?) electrons. Australium has 79(?!) electrons, and a kangaroo fight in the nucleus. AUSTRALIUM IS ALTERNATE UNIVERSE GOLD?!

This makes the statement in some posters found in TF2, "Gold is good for you." completely and utterly true. It is more than good for you, it is in your best interests to find and exploit it!

It will make you ultra-smart, ultra-strong and SUPER MANLY!

Edit: One major flaw with Frontier Justice. If the Sentry is destroyed before it is complete or makes a kill, it should not count. Break their sentries, then break their backs.
    Last edited by Byrnbot08; 2010-07-06 at 06:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be Huntsman snipering until I get the unlocks via drop.
    Hopefully there'll be a lot of Engies sitting by a lot of sentries.
    And as the Sniper says...

7 more wrenches left as of this edit. Update soon, Stalker.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-07-06 at 06:42 AM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

29. - Top - End - #749

Abraham Lincoln is dead... John "Tower of Hats" Booth killed him.

We must kill every man wearing a Tower of Hats. FOR LINCOLN!

Several interesting sights on the update page:

• Team Fortress Classic lineup
    • Teleporter schematics and theories on how to maintain moustaches in transit.
    • Payload schematics
    • News of American monkeynaut program (and its predicted miserable failure.)*
    • Lincoln's rocking chair has a secret anti-assasination device.
    • Engineer involved in monkeynaut program.

* Saxton Hale is Australian. The Direct Hit had nothing to do with the destruction of the capsule containing monkeynaut Poopy Joe. The Direct hit did not get a spectacular mini-crit on the explosively launched rocket. There was no sabotage here.
    Last edited by Byrnbot08; 2010-07-06 at 06:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    I'm in, for science.