New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Oh, by the way, add me on Steam, guys. Flickerdart there too, but I only have L4D2 out of all the games you guys play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

2. - Top - End - #62
    Banned

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Oh, by the way, add me on Steam, guys. Flickerdart there too, but I only have L4D2 out of all the games you guys play.
    Get someone to invite you to the L4D2 Steam Group.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Get someone to invite you to the L4D2 Steam Group.
    Can't you do it?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

You can apparently only invite friends.

On an unrelated L4D2 note, incapacitated suvivors take more damage when the other survivers are further away from them, right? Or is it not within a line of sight?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

I've just noticed my new account isn't in all the various ChHa groups that pop up every week or so. I'd appreciate invites to anything I don't belong to already (especially the L4D2 group).

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

On an unrelated L4D2 note, incapacitated suvivors take more damage when the other survivers are further away from them, right? Or is it not within a line of sight?
    Really? We must test this. FOR SCIENCE.

Similarly, I also heard that if the Hunter is pushed off a survivor in a specific direction, it may randomly do a barrel-roll and recover instantly, allowing it to pounce again/run away quickly. Is this true?

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post

Similarly, I also heard that if the Hunter is pushed off a survivor in a specific direction, it may randomly do a barrel-roll and recover instantly, allowing it to pounce again/run away quickly. Is this true?
    Yes. This happens often, in fact.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

8. - Top - End - #68

Well, I was gone for a week, missed thirty plus pages on the server and steam threads each, and one got a new thread. On the plus side, I now have Serious Sam HD 1 and 2. Anyone mind telling me what happened to the server admins and plugins?
    EDIT: Bad wording there, what changed with the server plugins and admins in the past week. That was the meaning.
    Last edited by Scuzzball; 2010-06-27 at 01:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

GAH! L4D2 was 10$! And I missed it! *rage*

Fine! If it's still at 20 on payday, I'm getting it. I want in on the zombie killin'.

*rage*

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

You can apparently only invite friends.

Never heard of this game mechanic before. incapacitated takes less damage except the hunter as far as i know.

I hold f while pounced and I seem to be able to always insta pounce again if pushed.
    Drolkcal the Bastard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mtg_Player_Zach [GitP]: why are you carrying a propane tank?
    drolkcal: i pretend its a gnome

11. - Top - End - #71

[QUOTE=drolkcal;8795282]Never heard of this game mechanic before. incapacitated takes less damage except the hunter as far as i know.[quote]

I believe this is correct. I'm not sure about the less damage though...I think it's just the health buffer at work, although common infected might deal 1 damage instead of 2.

I hold f while pounced and I seem to be able to always insta pounce again if pushed.
    I think this is coincidence. I'm pretty sure it's dependent upon the angle of the hit.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

One thing I didn't know: frag rounds actually explode in realism. You can stagger yourself with them.

13. - Top - End - #73

One thing I didn't know: frag rounds actually explode in realism. You can stagger yourself with them.
    Best thing about frag rounds, you shoot them at your feet in any mode, you take damage. Only staggers in Realism though.

This is why we can't have nice things, because people do stupid things and shoot at their feet all the damn time.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

But there might be zombies there!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, yes! The hunter roll. It only works if the survivors hit the hunter from the "Left" hip. Anywhere else he will just stumble.

Taken from the L4D wiki: The Hunter's roll, a very rare occurrence in Left 4 Dead, has been made more common. If the Hunter is shoved off his victim in the left hip, he may perform a back roll and be ready to pounce again in about a second. The Hunter can perform this move in any and all game modes.
    Last edited by MamaLuigi; 2010-06-27 at 02:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually frequently shoot zombies in the feet, just to avoid friendly fire.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    I guess you could tell them to, hop off.

Also, you could tell your mates to leg it.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Oh Byrnbot, you and your silly jokes. This is why we love you, aside from taunting us after a headshot.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

HOLY CRAP MAX PAYNE SERIES AT £2.50!

/capslock
    Steam name: Smiling Jack, aint that convenient?
    Numerical Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:15133339

20. - Top - End - #80

What, so whenever you're around zombies, something's afoot?

Yeh... I don't... That was terrible.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    I frequently shoot zombies in the center mass. If someone get in front of me it's their own fault when they get shot.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cezyou View Post
    I has a Steam account! Mine user is cezyou. or cezyou91, I'm not quite sure.
    I has KF, TF2, and L4D2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    You have both been invited to the appropriate groups. I'm assuming you have L4D2 cezyou since I invited you to the GitP L4D2 group.

We will replace any fingers lost in the first week. After that, it's your own responsibility. Welcome aboard!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I usually end up crouching and using my ninja sword skillz for just that reason. Of course, any game I play ends up in purposeful griefing anyways but that's not the point.

Actual point: If I'm ahead, I crouch, if I'm behind, I stand, or hop up on something. It usually avoids a decent amount of friendly fire.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

24. - Top - End - #84

Can someone invite me to the Killing Floor group please?

EDIT: Thanks!
    Last edited by tarbrush; 2010-06-27 at 03:51 PM.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

25. - Top - End - #85

HalfOrcPirate

Ooh, I have a Steam account, with only three games. Sid Meier's Pirates, Civilization III, and Guild Wars.
    So, I can't really do anything.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Ooh, I have a Steam account, with only three games. Sid Meier's Pirates, Civilization III, and Guild Wars.
    So, I can't really do anything.
    To quote the Heavy on this:

"You feel shame, yes?"

Get either Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 1 or Left 4 Dead 2. They're on sale as you know. Then we can talk shop.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey Playground, I've got a problem and could use some advice.

I play video games not just to have fun, but also out of obsessive behavior. It's a big release for me to be able to log onto Steam, launch a Valve game, and pursue the easiest achievement I don't yet have. It's goal based and that relaxes me. Anyway.

Currently I'm attempting the L4D 1 Achievement Lamb2Slaughter. I am at my wit's end on how to get this achievement. I know some of you are quite good and was wondering if anyone had sage advice on how to earn this achievement legitimately?

Thanks in advance.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Anger View Post
    Hey Playground, I've got a problem and could use some advice.

I play video games not just to have fun, but also out of obsessive behavior. It's a big release for me to be able to log onto Steam, launch a Valve game, and pursue the easiest achievement I don't yet have. It's goal based and that relaxes me. Anyway.

Currently I'm attempting the L4D 1 Achievement Lamb2Slaughter. I am at my wit's end on how to get this achievement. I know some of you are quite good and was wondering if anyone had sage advice on how to earn this achievement legitimately?

Thanks in advance.
    Play against a bad team? I really don't know how I got it.

If anyone needs Outbreak, I've got it.

29. - Top - End - #89

Thanks in advance.
    I don't play L4D1 (only L4D2), but here goes.

This is a very dependent achievement, and one that will be hard to do against any random pub team. It relies on a team getting TO the saferoom, and deciding to come back out. This it incredibly difficult, as most players will heal up in the saferoom before coming back out to help stricken allies, and few will help stricken allies unless they know them personally.

You're going to have to incap a player near the saferoom, while that player is far enough back that his allies think it's better to stock up in the saferoom before going back for their friend. It's going to be very, very hard, and not something you can really try for.

Sorry.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Lamb 2 Slaughter
    Have a very slow friend join the game with you and leave him/her behind?