New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Wow, pub l4d2 servers are so bad. I have no idea how so goddamn many trolls are there, but it's

Seriously. First 4 games are lobbies with AFK leader. Then you get the game that never gets off the ground because everyone is calling each other n***** in lobby. Then you get the one where one player types in allcaps and yells at everyone to follow him, only to rage when the strung-out team gets smoked and owned. Then someone starts micspamming, somehow covering the entire server in an endless loop of ****ty music. And someone else refuses to votekick him, meaning the entire server is left listening to that ****, unless they go AFK for a minute to identify and mute him.
    I understand Arb. I've played hours and hours of L4D2, and strangely, all of the friends I play with the most I all met on pub play. Most of them still do pub play, but we still play together, set up a lobby beforehand or something. The thing is, once you sift through all the crap games, you eventually start getting these awesome games you never thought possible, with great levels of skill, a bunch of fun mic chatter, cracking jokes, that sort of thing. You ADD those people, ASAP, like RIGHT NOW. I know the bad games suck (especially the people that don't have mics, cuss you out in chat and then rage when you lose; if they were good players, they'd have a freakin mic) and they are really plain horrible, but once you get the people you love to play with, the game becomes immensely enjoyable.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    I understand Arb. I've played hours and hours of L4D2, and strangely, all of the friends I play with the most I all met on pub play. Most of them still do pub play, but we still play together, set up a lobby beforehand or something. The thing is, once you sift through all the crap games, you eventually start getting these awesome games you never thought possible, with great levels of skill, a bunch of fun mic chatter, cracking jokes, that sort of thing. You ADD those people, ASAP, like RIGHT NOW. I know the bad games suck (especially the people that don't have mics, cuss you out in chat and then rage when you lose; if they were good players, they'd have a freakin mic) and they are really plain horrible, but once you get the people you love to play with, the game becomes immensely enjoyable.
    I only ever get these games.

Maybe Valve tags awesome people so they aren't mixed with you riff-raff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    ...if they were good players, they'd have a freakin mic)
    singletear :'(
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-07-07 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

3. - Top - End - #963
    Barbarian in the Playground

I love the SPUF. Yesterday it was all "Yeah, DF got a wrench. cry some moar" and now it's all "Yeah, DF got banned. cry some moar".
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not understand this raging at other people's failure to ditch classes and get a 0.2 GPA in order to make up for lost time becoming skilled at the shooters they never had when they were 4. 99% of the time, these less-skilled teammates are quite aware that they are, in fact, less skilled, and being raged at does not make them more inclined to become more skilled in order to prevent further raging. Instead, when presented with a situation where a source of rage would be on their team, it makes them inclined to quit to Audiosurf and then complain in the Steam thread about it later, very carefully naming no names, so that all those who rage, or have ever raged, can safely deny expressing any such rage towards their less-skilled compatriots.

I don't make sense at 2am. Just don't rage at me for the next six weeks or so and maybe, just maybe, the Earth will survive.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2010-07-08 at 01:46 AM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't help but look at the Drugstore Cowboy achievement.
    And how that dispenser looks different from the others...
    With an arrow next to it...

Could it be that there will be a moveable dispenser as well?
    Could we truly see moving Engie bases?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no offense more serious than being bad at videogames.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    There is no offense more serious than being bad making mistakes in videogames.
    I remember a guy in L4D2 who raged the hell out of a guy who only incapped TWO people as a Tank. The nerve of the guy! Not being perfect. Who does he think he is, human?
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-07-08 at 01:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    I remember a guy in L4D2 who raged the hell out of a guy who only incapped TWO people as a Tank. The nerve of the guy! Not being perfect. Who does he think he is, human?
    Well, no, actually, he's a tank. It's a kind of zombie.

Side effect of W7: Just Cause 2 works now, apparently. What? I thought Vista supported it? Whatever, I don't care, I've got trucks to surf.

Why is it that a revolver costs more than a personal jet? That is both the most expensive handgun on earth and the absolute cheapest aircraft ever invented.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-08 at 02:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Why is it that a revolver costs more than a personal jet? That is both the most expensive handgun on earth and the absolute cheapest aircraft ever invented.

Adam Smith Hates Your Guts?
    Last edited by Byrnbot08; 2010-07-08 at 04:09 AM.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

10. - Top - End - #970

Also, the personal Jet is pretty situational. You can't really take off in it unless you're on a fairly long straight section of road.

Fun JC 2 pasttime? going to a military airbase, and putting triggered explosives on the taxiing fighter jets, waiting till they take off and *BOOM*
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ettin in the Playground

XP, I don't know what version of the Pell Silverboat you're using, but mine can get off the ground with only 40 feet of runway and can hit things and spin around middair without exploding. Spinning, maybe, but otherwise takes off fine.

12. - Top - End - #972

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    XP, I don't know what version of the Pell Silverboat you're using, but mine can get off the ground with only 40 feet of runway and can hit things and spin around middair without exploding. Spinning, maybe, but otherwise takes off fine.
    Eh. May have something to do with the fact I'm on 360. Not a huge amount of movement on the sticks.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

Eww, consoles. I've never gotten used to the fact that some people find the analog stick a reasonable facsimile for a mouse...

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

It's not that the stick is a reasonable facsimile. I just (greatly) prefer an Analog stick over WASD to move, and one (slightly) over the mouse to aim.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

15. - Top - End - #975

Ah yes, consoles vs comps. I personally think comps ar better at FPSes, RTSes and RPGs, but consoles at fighting, racing and Assasins Creed. Personal taste though.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

16. - Top - End - #976

personally, I went for the console version because my computer only ran it with extreme slowdown...

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, yes, the fact that I can guarantee my console performs to the game's specs, whereas my computer is old and I cannot afford to upgrade it, and don't really know enough about computers to guarantee the machine is not only up to specs, but with mild future-proofing.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone know a good free site to upload stuff for download? I can get the demo up today.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone know a good free site to upload stuff for download? I can get the demo up today.
    drop.io works pretty well. I use it because you can password stuff, but it works even if you don't need to.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

It's going up, everyone who wants it Private message me here or on steam (if you have me on yahoo IM, that works if I'm on).

Yes, it's about THAT, what happened yesterday on SHaFT.
    Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-08 at 08:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    I only ever get these games.

Maybe Valve tags awesome people so they aren't mixed with you riff-raff.
    I tend to get the same. Roughly 50% of my pubby L4D2 games end with either an awesome game or an awesome game and an awesome new guy on my friend's list.

I like to think it's me, but I'm humble that way.

It's going up, everyone who wants it Private message me here or on steam (if you have me on yahoo IM, that works if I'm on).

Yes, it's about THAT, what happened yesterday on SHaFT.
    You know I want this. Badly.

Also, WE HAVE MULTI-QUOTE BACK!

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Sending PM, djinn.

Also, I've been on this forum for quite awhile... I haven't seen multiquote here yet =P

... I also remember the horrible server crashes.... *shiver*

EDIT: THe stuff starts later on, at first it's me playing normally... Horribly... Whatever you call it.
    Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-08 at 09:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #983

I use my 360 for certain games that I know will play fine on my 360 to save space on my computer (which is kinda a irrelevant point seeing as I've got a new HDD I'm going to use soon) and just to mix it up I guess. I'm perfectly fine with using the controller to play games.

However I know now that certain games are always to stay on my PC, such as some FPS's, RTS, and all Valve games, etc.

24. - Top - End - #984

Also, I've been on this forum for quite awhile... I haven't seen multiquote here yet =P
    It was taken away several years ago to save bandwidth. Before my time, I believe, but I've heard the stories, and I love the feature.

Also, I'd like to model something (or several things) for the spy. Here are my ideas, related to what I was talking about on SHaFT the other day. Thoughts?

The Alter Ego
    A misc item. It's basically the old cheesy fake nose/moustache/glasses combo, probably featuring the Heavy's nose and a massive, Saxton Hale style moustache.

The Saboteur or The Gremlin
    An alternate sapper, smaller and more difficult to see. It would sap in a more subtle manner, deal no damage, and take longer, but it would corrupt buildings: sentries would turn on their teams, teleporters would kill those taking them, and dispensers would deal damage.

The Mountebic or The Mounteback
    Depending on the name, it's either a Knife/Sapper replacement or just a Sapper replacement. The Mountebic is either a blade concealed in a modern pen, or an old fashioned ink pen with the nip elongated into a blade. The Mounteback would be an opera cloak. Either way, it would remove your sapper, but do something like the following:

• On a backstab, instantly disguise yourself as the victim, with a single quick puff of smoke. The target's corpse would vanish.
    • Delay backstab kill notices for 3-10 seconds, randomly.
    • Pass through enemies when both disguised and uncloaked, as if you were a teammate.

Thoughts on which might be best to model first?

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

I had a very strange dream last night.

I was playing tf2, and I was playing this very strange map, set up with a large amount of tunnels and mazes around one, super-long, desert path. So I set up a sentry, and a battle is raging around the path, yet everyone but one spy ignores my sentry, he starts charging from the other side of the path (Which I think would take at least two minutes for a scout to cross) with a sapper, needless to say, I pull out the wrangler and open fire, somehow after at least a whole minute of sustained fire (Most of which hit) he is still charging, so I charge him with my shotgun and....I keep on firing on him and close range, he JUST.WILL.NOT.DIE. Just before he saps the sentry the dream ends.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

26. - Top - End - #986

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Also, I'd like to model something (or several things) for the spy. Here are my ideas, related to what I was talking about on SHaFT the other day. Thoughts?
    I like the Ego. That sounds like a great item. Too bad that the other team wouldn't see it much.

Gremlin: I like it, but I'm curious: (1) Deals no damage, subtle, takes longer == No warning to the Engineer? I assume the corruption happens after the sap finishes? Teleporters killing people might be a bit overpowered.

Mounte-X : Very cool.

I think the Ego is the one I'd like to see first since it would probably be the biggest change, visually. (I rarely notice weapon changes in other people's hands unless it's super obvious like the KGB.)

EDIT: 93 Wrenches! Almost there!
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2010-07-08 at 09:56 AM.

27. - Top - End - #987

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post

I was playing tf2, and I was playing this very strange map, set up with a large amount of tunnels and mazes around one, super-long, desert path. So I set up a sentry, and a battle is raging around the path, yet everyone but one spy ignores my sentry, he starts charging from the other side of the path (Which I think would take at least two minutes for a scout to cross) with a sapper, needless to say, I pull out the wrangler and open fire, somehow after at least a whole minute of sustained fire (Most of which hit) he is still charging, so I charge him with my shotgun and....I keep on firing on him and close range, he JUST.WILL.NOT.DIE. Just before he saps the sentry the dream ends.
    You are the prophet. You bring word of the new Spy item: The Undead Ringer.

With it equipped, each time you die you return instantly as a zombie, unabled to be killed by anything but the healing of an enemy Medigun or Dispenser. IT IS THE FUTURE!

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Nope

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post

I was playing tf2, and I was playing this very strange map, set up with a large amount of tunnels and mazes around one, super-long, desert path. So I set up a sentry, and a battle is raging around the path, yet everyone but one spy ignores my sentry, he starts charging from the other side of the path (Which I think would take at least two minutes for a scout to cross) with a sapper, needless to say, I pull out the wrangler and open fire, somehow after at least a whole minute of sustained fire (Most of which hit) he is still charging, so I charge him with my shotgun and....I keep on firing on him and close range, he JUST.WILL.NOT.DIE.
    In desperation you shoot the spy in the back one last time.

The spy falls over, dead.

But something isn't right.

This bothers you, you decide to take your mind off it by building a dispenser here.

You pull out your wrench.

Only it isn't a wrench, it's a disguise kit.

Confused, you stare into the reflection on the kit.

You see yourself wearing a cardboard cut out mask, with your own face on it.

You pull mask off the spy you just killed.

It's your face.

You hear the sound of a dead ringer, and your voice.

Right behind you.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-08 at 10:08 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Awesomeness.
    It may not be the best fit, but my mind immediately went to A Scanner Darkly meets TF2. I love this.