New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1452
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post

If someone told me I looked like that, I'd take a heavy hit to my self-esteem.
    I, however, am flattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOne View Post
    I, however, am flattered.
    Thank god. I was worried there for a second, but then I figured that if I had said that to Mario, he'd be amused, and that you probably share similar sensibilities to him.

Glad I was right.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Orc in the Playground

Your girlfriends hot mario, you lucky bastard. You know you're lucky right?

Also, in other news, I finally decided in the last few days to champion across the Capital Wastelands and finish Fallout 3. At first, the ending seemed badass as I followed a 40 ft tall monstro badass robot of epic destruction as it spouted out super badass lines of democracy such as: "BETTER DEAD THAN RED.", "PROBABILITY OF CHINESE VICTORY: IMPOSSIBLE.", "DEMOCRACY IS TRUTH, COMMUNISM IS DEATH." As he smashed his way across the Wastes, my followers and I were enjoying tearing up what little resistance could survive from the onslaught of the Enclave. I entered the Jefferson Memorial, rolled over more Enclave soldiers (hurrah for unique power armor and a unique plamsa rifle that gooifies my enemies) and found that BASTARD Colonel Autumn. I struck a mighty blow for freedom, a mighty blow for JUSTICE and he fell into a pile of goo, and his guards followed him into the oblivion. And then I had to enter the chamber....I put on my Advanced Radiation Suit, popped about 5 Rad-X and walked in....I couldn't find the console for a moment and when I did I input the code....and DIED. Ugh, the RAGE I felt when witnessing this...I DIDNT EVEN GET MINOR RAD POISONING WHY THE HELL WOULD I JUST DROP DEAD. AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

4. - Top - End - #1324

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    Your girlfriends hot mario, you lucky bastard. You know you're lucky right?
    He constantly tells us (or me, at least) how lucky he is (for a variety of reasons), Slev. Don't you listen?

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

Nah, I've never heard him mention the being lucky part. Also, is it just me, or does Mario seriosuly look like he still belongs in sophomore year in high school?

Also, my rage continues....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HULK SMASHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRR.

I know there's Broken Steel and all but still, how could such an amazing game have such a horrible ending.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

6. - Top - End - #1326

Also, is it just me, or does Mario seriosuly look like he still belongs in sophomore year in high school?
    *considers*

Maybe...

*sniff*

Maybe...

But I don't really think so.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Bugbear in the Playground

To completely derail and ask an off topic question, I'm going to soon be installing Windows 7 on a new hard drive because this one is starting to fail on me and I'll have the option of 32 bit vs 64 bit.

Anyone running 64 bit have any problems with Steam/Steam games?

8. - Top - End - #1328

Heroic build-up, followed by an anti-climax of epic proportions.
    I heard about the ending before I played FO3, so I installed Broken Steel prior to the end sequence. Sorry to hear it caught you off guard like that. With BS it's okay, but I can't fathom how the original ending ever made it to release. I think the worst part of it is that almost half of the possible companions could solve the problem without dying, but each would rather see you "accept your fate" instead.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Wait, I'm running 64 on the New Laptop, not 32... that's...

OOOOHHHHH.

That explains so much.

I've had a couple problems with non-Steam games, but nothing that can't be solved by running stuff in a comparability mode. All my Steam stuff runs pretty great though, aside from some of the obvious quality problems in running them on a laptop.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    To completely derail and ask an off topic question, I'm going to soon be installing Windows 7 on a new hard drive because this one is starting to fail on me and I'll have the option of 32 bit vs 64 bit.

No problems at all.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    I heard about the ending before I played FO3, so I installed Broken Steel prior to the end sequence. Sorry to hear it caught you off guard like that. With BS it's okay, but I can't fathom how the original ending ever made it to release. I think the worst part of it is that almost half of the possible companions could solve the problem without dying, but each would rather see you "accept your fate" instead.
    Oh, I knew it beforehand, it's just....nothing can prepare you for all that buildup and then the ending turns to crap all of a sudden. Also, I had Charon in my group and HE FOLLOWED ME INTO THE CHAMBER AND I ASKED HIM TO DO IT AND HE SAID NO OMGWTFHAX. But yeah seriously I kept askiing myself "And HOW did this get past the production team? Did they use up all of their time making the game and eventually went "AH SCREW IT, the giant robot is badass enough let's just cut the ending we're low on funds and they want the game released tomorrow."

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

So, portal advanced maps. They seem suprisingly easy this time, that is until chamber 18, which is roughly equivilent to ripping ones eyes out and feeding them to a bear.

13. - Top - End - #1333

Nah, I've never heard him mention the being lucky part. Also, is it just me, or does Mario seriosuly look like he still belongs in sophomore year in high school?
    Sometimes I think I still belong there myself. Had I, you know, ever gone to high school. (Twas homeschooled through the entire thing.) But no, more like Sophomore in college.

This wouldn't happen if my 'stache would goddamn fill in.
    Last edited by Darth Mario; 2010-07-12 at 11:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1334

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    So, portal advanced maps. They seem suprisingly easy this time, that is until chamber 18, which is roughly equivilent to ripping ones eyes out and feeding them to a bear while on fire.
    Fix'd
    10char

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Sometimes I think I still belong there myself. Had I, you know, ever gone to high school. (Twas homeschooled through the entire thing.) But no, more like Sophomore in college.

This wouldn't happen if my 'stache would goddamn fill in.
    I and my beard mock your attempt at facial hair.

Actually, I've learnt that anyone attempting to cultivate facial hair knows someone who can do better, vis a vis why I hate my best friend and his real beard.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

16. - Top - End - #1336

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I and my beard mock your attempt at facial hair.

Actually, I've learnt that anyone attempting to cultivate facial hair knows someone who can do better, vis a vis why I hate my best friend and his real beard.
    Waitwaitwait, attempt? Time for an emergency webcam photo, this insult cannot go unheard.

Spoiler
    Show

I've seen you and your pansy little face-fur.
    Last edited by Darth Mario; 2010-07-12 at 12:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Waitwaitwait, attempt? Time for an emergency webcam photo, this insult cannot go unheard.

Spoiler
    Show

I've seen you and your pansy little face-fur.
    I'm going to go cry now.
    Your first picture wasn't so great.
    At least I still look like Shaggy Rogers, just as planned.
    Nothing but a Nobody

18. - Top - End - #1338

Kobold

as a soon-to-be-college-freshman, I have a faint layer of fuzz just above my lip. It doesn't seem like it's enough to justify shaving, but it's not really enough to justify being a moustache.

It's the worst of both worlds and I'm pretty sure I look like an ******* with it but I'm paralyzed by inaction.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Personally I like to think of myself as an extremely gentle werewolf, everyone else thinks of me as a guy who only has to shave about once a month...

Why do I open my mouth / touch my keyboard?
    Steam name: Smiling Jack, aint that convenient?
    Numerical Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:15133339

20. - Top - End - #1340

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    Personally I like to think of myself as an extremely gentle werewolf, everyone else thinks of me as a guy who only has to shave about once a month...

Why do I open my mouth / touch my keyboard?
    Because it is entertaining for the rest of us to see your foot smashing into your mouth.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

21. - Top - End - #1341

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    as a soon-to-be-college-freshman, I have a faint layer of fuzz just above my lip. It doesn't seem like it's enough to justify shaving, but it's not really enough to justify being a moustache.

It's the worst of both worlds and I'm pretty sure I look like an ******* with it but I'm paralyzed by inaction.
    This has happened to my sideburns. Not quite mutton-chops, so I just look like I need to shave.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a combination of mutton chops and the beginnings of a goatee that make me look like the larval form of the common Douchebag. The muttonchops are originally there to emulate Chester A. Arthur, our seventh least recalled president.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to point out that I'm almost 19 and have never been able to grow facial hair.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

24. - Top - End - #1344

Imp

Raven has disappeared to New York. I am sad.
    What's she doing in New York?

Also, your beard is silly.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Now, here's the issue with manly facial hair; it never seems to grow in exactly the way you want it. I myself am attempting to go for the traditionally villainous Fu Manchu style, but have found that I am growing a small goatee in addition. This has frustrated me to no end.

Additionally, my school requires me to remain clean-shaven, and as such, I must abandon my evil ambitions to pursue higher education. Alas poor facial hair. I knew thee well.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

26. - Top - End - #1346

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    I would like to point out that I'm almost 19 and have never been able to grow facial hair.
    I believe that is considered a good thing.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    I believe that is considered a good thing.
    Making a deadpan response to a deadpan joke is just unfair, Emlyn.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

At some point my family must have cross-bred with a gorilla, since I can grow a full beard practically at a moments notice (I'm 19). I still can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

29. - Top - End - #1349

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff & Napalm View Post
    At some point my family must have cross-bred with a gorilla, since I can grow a full beard practically at a moments notice (I'm 19). I still can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
    How to determine whether something is good or bad:

1. Try to fight crime with it. If you can, then it's a good thing.

2. Try to make money off it. If you can, then it's a good thing.

3. See if your significant other will leave you because of it. If it can, then it's a bad thing.
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-07-12 at 03:17 PM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

I, on the other hand, shave because facial hair is icky.