New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Hajih

"Achkby, there is no question that we should stop Sethra, but don't we owe it to our gracious host to get rid of that hydra?"

"Besides"
    He looks over at the Trinark "It almost killed one of us, we owe it for that."
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

2. - Top - End - #542
    Halfling in the Playground

Silithos

as the group bickers they look around the room and get that feeling that something is missing something substancial. Then It comes to them all at once Silithos, the green haired priest is missing.

Outside the keep Silithos walks past the houses, retracing his steps and grinning heh heh, when I kill the hydra I will get the full 2000 gold, oh yes this will be very profitable indeed upon reaching the bridge Silithos attempts to retrace the Hydras tracks thinking Damn! I should have brought a tracker, eh I think I can handle it.
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!

who you gonna call?....

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

With Trinark alive once again or had he ever died in the first place? Callos looked even more adamant about his decision and didn't participate in the discussion. In all seriousness he had taken nothing from the host besides the space for the wagon and didn't feel any obligation greater then the one for Sheyra and to pay back Sethra.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

Delphinia left the table after the 'discussion' began, going to take care of her dog. She gives her some food and water, then spends several minutes brushing out Gladi's shaggy coat. Finally, she saddles her up and ties on all their gear. Having finished that, she gives Gladi a good long scritch behind the ears, then returns to the others, to find them still 'debating'. kids

She clears her throat and with a clear voice says, "I'm off to find a hydra. Any of you kids want to come along, that's fine by me. Any of you don't, that's fine by me, too." She then turns and heads back to Gladi. After giving her a big hug, she waits a few minutes, one hand holding the reins, to see if anyone is coming along.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

When Delphinia states her intentions, Hajih stands up.
    "I'll go."

He wanders down to the stables and gets on the wagon, waiting for anyone else to come along.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

"Sure, I'll go after the hydra." Fizahn announces after seeing how set Delphinia and Ssathiya are. Did I just sell out the world for a share in 2000 gold pieces.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:35 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark

As members of the group rise from the table, Trinark also moves off to find his belongings. After chatting briefly with his comrades, he locates his equipment in one of the carts.

He immediately begins donning his equipment, trying to stretch the remaining stiffness from his bones. The sight of Eilistraee's symbols on his chain shirt and shield renewed his spirit and strengthened his resolve. Once finished, he went looking for his Druid friend. Just the sight of his faithful companion made him feel at ease.

8. - Top - End - #548

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

With a quick glance to her brother, Nyssa stands up and follows the halfling ranger out of the room. The longer they sat there and debated to try and convince a few holdouts, the more time they wasted. They could kill the hydra in a day and get back on their path.

At the very least, this move would put all the people in the courtyard who wanted to fight the hydra, and allow them to discuss the viability of the fight today, when some members might still be injured. That was a much more useful topic than deciding IF they were going to fight at all, which this conversation seemed to center around.

That decision had been made last night in Nyssa's mind.

9. - Top - End - #549

Nolan

Nolan watches Nyssa head out of the dininghall. With a quick nod to those still seated at the table, Nolan stands and exits to gather their belongings and join the others in the courtyard. He knew all along what her decision would be. He just wasn't in any hurry to step back outside into the cold.

10. - Top - End - #550

Tiriel
    -last night-
    Tiriel leaves the dinning room discouraged by the split between the party memebers. She realizes how important the situation is, but she also knows that it just feels wrong to leave without doing something that seems well within the abilitly of the group.

As she makes her way to the keep, she hears a commotion over by the wagons where the others who left early have gathered. She walks over and after questioning Yix (who seems to be in silent shock) she finds out that Trinark, somehow, lives and has been taken by the lizardman to rest inside.
    how? no, best not to think about it too much. Tiriel decides. She retires for the night in a much better mood and with a large smile.[hr][hr]
    -The next morning-
    Tiriel awakens feeling much better and heads down to join her compainions for breakfast with their hosts. Casual talk isn't even grated breathing room however, as the banter from last night continues. Tiriel is glad to see Trinark joining them and she welcomes him back with a smilie.

She eats her food, enjoying anything warm, and listens once again. When a few of the others have left, their minds made up, Tiriel decides to speak.
    "I think I can speak for us all when I say that the situation we've been put in isn't very pleasent - having to choose between a helping a vilage or warning the world of a larger threat.
    I understand how grave the situation is. But the thing is, I know I'll have trouble leaving here knowing that I could have done something. I also cannot stomache the idea of leaving some of my friends behind just because they don't agree with me."

After finishing her...speech, Tiriel stands up and giving a breif nod to their hosts, she leaves to join up with the other "hunters" outside.

ooc:
    how much HP did Tiriel regain from the "potion" and resting?
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

11. - Top - End - #551
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy sighs deeply, pushing himself away from the table. he'd suspected this would be the case from the start, but now his hands were tied. If he wasn't true to his own codes, of what use was his word?

"Well, that tears it. As I'm inclined ta honor my engagements in the order they're accrued..." He glances at Tiriel as she leaves the room, "Unfortunately fer the world at large, my contract with the women predates any business I got with Sethra, Hathran, or this Iron King, so I'm obligated ta deal with it first and foremost. The rest'a this business'll have ta wait a day."

He flicks his head back towards Callos, or anyone else who looks like they're planning on heading north regardless,

"Now, if I was you, whether or not ya got the slightest interest in tangling with the icelizard, I'd just wait. Hard as it might be ta stomach, doing otherwise'd be trading bad odds fer worse. This delay ain't gonna take but a day, two tops. Ya getting a few days head start down a road proven ta be dangerous ain't gonna be near as productive as ya think." He rises, turning to exit the hall, "Just keep it in mind."

-----

Stepping out into the courtyard, Lumpy spits out the remains of his cigar mournfully, looking up to address the others,

"This shouldn't take long. We got no shortage'a head chopping ability, I imagine. Hgaveing more fire'd be good though. The biggest trick'll be pacing ourselves not ta cut off more heads than we can burn quick-like."

Before they leave, Lumpy will look into procuring a two-handed slashing weapon he could use, preferably something with reach, like a ransuer or guisarme.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix stakls off after the hunting party, only stopping long enough to give the Lord a bow and put on his shiny armor. He was ready to fight the hydra, he was just hoping it wasn't ready to fight him.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Callos

When Lumpy gave him the words of advice Callos managed a short bod before replying.

"I'll wait. I can't promise how long but I'll try. I'm not known for my patience."

It was true that he was going to wait but if there was one thing that Callos had learned long ago it was that every second no matter how small it was made a diffrence. And with the stakes that big on the line Callos knew what he had to do and more importantly when.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #554

Aeroz

After waking up from a very odd dream, Aeroz goes to eat breakfast. Once done, he seeks out Callos.

"Hey, Callos? Can I have a word with you? I think I may have an idea what the sword wants out of me."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

When Aeroz approached him and asked about the sword Callos looked mroe then a little suprrised and then sheepish.

"Heh. I had almost forgotten about your sword with everything thats going on. So what do you think it is?"

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

So many people to keep track of... arrgh! Lissa seems constantly in motion this morning, flitting between various groups of people in a vain attempt to get all these strong personalities to actually work together. It doesn't really seem to work. In a brief pause in the chaos of packing, Lissa seeks out Achkby. "Great good gods... I thought things would be easier with more people, but instead it's turned out to be ten times more complicated!" She pushes a stray wisp of hair out of her face, looking irritated. "What this motley crew really needs is a leader. Somebody who can make decisions quickly without this endless debating. Sheyra might have been able to do it, but..." Lissa sighs, looking sad, then lowers her voice. "Oh, speaking of that, have you got any sort of paralysis spell? Something that'll stop a person moving without hurting him? I'm afraid our scaly comrade is going to try something stupid if he's still mobile after fighting the hydra." She pauses. "Um, if you're coming with us, that is... I don't really fancy the thought of a hydra on my trail. Better to face it when everyone's prepared than be fatally surprised some night on our way north."

After her conversation with Achkby, Lissa heads for the stables to groom and saddle Cloudy. Clearly the gnome intends to join the hydra-hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

17. - Top - End - #557
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks to Lord Ulrich's elixirs and a night of solid rest, each of you appears to be more or less whole. Some aches here and some discolored fingers and toes there, all of which are fading rapidly under the magical effects of the healing potions. Even Lumpy seems back to his usual self, having shaken off the effects of the spectre's touch.

Lord Ulrich has little to offer other than your choice of mundane weapons and armor. He also offers several bundles of torches, which he hopes may be of use. The orcs have already lost several champions, and Lord Ulrich needs the rest to guard the castle, so you will be "on your own" as much as more than a dozen seasoned adventurers can be on their own.

It looks as though the general consensus is to try to flush out the hydra before heading onward toward Rashemen. Only Callos, Elthan and Aeroz linger behind. Aeroz seems focused wholly on his new sword, whereas Callos seems to have decided to remain behind on principle. Elthan has not been the same since the encounter with the spectres. He speaks hardly at all, and lingers in bed, coughing weakly ...

[hr]
    Though many of you are strangers to each other, the shared desire to slay the hydra seems to have united the majority of you at least for the moment.

You set out back to the west before the sun has cleared the treetops. Silithos' tracks are easy to follow ...

OOC: Last chance to clarify whether you are staying behind or not. You might consider breaking up into two or three smaller groups to cover more area in the search for the hydra.

18. - Top - End - #558

Elthan

Getting up, Elthan lets out a long, whooping cough as he heads down the hallways. Once more the undead have earned my undying hatred for the next week. I'd go with the others if I wasn't in such shape. At least Callos seemed to be staying.

He heads to the parlor the group spent the last evening in and peers around as he enters. A bit weakly he inquires to the room, "Callos, are you in here?"

(OOC: Sorry for being so silent here. After I came back I couldn't think of much for Elthan to say, though meek and sickly seem to cover for that. I'll try to get more involved after we finish with the hydra.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

The elf came into the parlor to find the human ruffling through his possessions as if to make sure everything was there. Once he had finished talking to Aeroz the necromancer fully intended to seek out Lord Ulrich and see about acquiring a horse and map to wherever the Iron Lord might be. So when the sickly elf came in his frayed nerves snapped and he spun around.

"Elthan what are you doing up and about? You should still be in bed. And I don't plan on being here long."

20. - Top - End - #560

Elthan

Elthan shrugs and jokingly replies, "You know me, always dragging myself into the center of attention. I hope none of us plan on staying long. We do still have to get to the Iron Lord, don't we?" He walks to and then collapses on the first comfortable chair he can reach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

"I'm glad that someone else sees that but I'm not quite sure your well enough to travel yet. Though if you think your well enough then your welcome to come with me."

The statement seemed a little off until the elf watched the necromancer pull his pack up and shoulder it. Then quite oddly he sat back down with a slightly melachony look on his face. That and some barely hearable muttering made his intentions clear.

"I said I'd wait. Until sundown then and then I'm out of here. We simply can't afford to waste time here."

22. - Top - End - #562

Aeroz

Seeing as the others were gearing up to leave, Aeroz had to make a decision, fast.

Intelligent sword says look for Sethra. But choices I have right now are stay here with the bookworms, or go hunting a hydra. Neither seems relevant, and there is always free will. The problem is, how the hell do I know if the sword could take over my body and force me down one road.

Aeroz leaves the company of Callos and stands outside for a breif moment.

Ok, logical thought out the window here. I can't stand sitting here and doing nothing. Hydra it is.

"And as for you Mister Angel-Sword, if you think differently, you can go right ahead and try to stop me."

[OOC: Aeroz will be going with the Hydra people]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

Stooped just outside the keep, Delphinia checks a few footprints. "Looks like that green-haired kid set off on his own. Shouldn't be too hard to find him, though. Villiage idiot could follow these. I guess we hunt down the hydra, then if he's found it too, we find him?" Maybe even before it kills him. Idiot boy. She climbs up on Gladi's back and starts off at a slow pace until everyone else sorts themselves out and gets going, assuming that, as a tracker, she'd go in front.

24. - Top - End - #564

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa sends Orestes into the air again, asking him to keep an eye out for anything approaching the group, and also for any sign of the hydra.

Dressed in warm furs again, she follows the ranger on foot, to the middle/back of the group.

25. - Top - End - #565

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

At Breakfast
    After the Druid's explanation, Achkby shakes his head glumly, and returns to his food.
    This lizard is the most stubborn, impractical being I have ever met! He can't seem to comprehend that there might be things more important than his own personal revenge. Perhaps, in his culture, nothing is more important than vengeance. But can his mind not even break from that ingrained value system to realize that trying to muster the forces of the Northlands must take precedence over all else if the... if the world has any chance of staying together?
    Oh, sure, he volunteered to go on his own... but he knew everyone else would go with him. There was never any real danger, for him, of having to go fight alone. He'll have a whole army behind him, willing or not. And I'm going with them, too, dammit! but I won't fight. I'm giong with them, but I won't fight. I don't care why they think this is of any importance, the Hydra has not taken any thing from us.
    I will go, but I will not fight.

He continues to eat his potatoes with a vengeance, head bowed.

With Lissa

Oh, Lord.
    Before she can jet away again, Achkby reaches out to grab the pretty gnome by the hand.
    "Lissa. I'm coming with you, don't worry," he says, mustering a bit of a smile.
    "But I won't fight these lizards. Not the Hydra, and not the Druid. I'll come to make sure you don't die, but my spells are not going to waste on either of them.
    It's not what we should be doing. And if the druid wants to go off on another personal crusade after this, I'm letting him. And I'm going North.
    I'm sorry.
    "

In The Present
    Achkby goes outside, saddles his pony, and stands beside her, arms crossed and legs akimbo.
    Look at this. All this urgency, all this enthusiasm, and for what? A tangential journey towards a dangerous beast for no gain.
    I wish I had the backbone Callos does. I wish I had the courage to stay here. But like a coward, I'm following the rest of them into danger.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

26. - Top - End - #566

Nolan

Nolan secures a simple quarterstaff from Lord Ulrich's armory, some rags and some lantern oil before setting off after the halfling ranger, his breath coming out in small white puffs in the morning air.

[Hope that's okay, the idea is to light both ends of the quarterstaff and cauterize the severed head stalks. If not, Nolan will just set out with the group]

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix sets out with the others, and right away goes about like he is a tracker. He sniffs the air every few steps, and every once in awhile bends down putting his tiny face to the ground as if to feel any sort of movement that isn't the party.

28. - Top - End - #568

Lizardkin Druid

The reptiian had frowned initially when the drow warrior had risen to accompany him.

Holding out both palms out, he had tried to keep him seated and open his mouth to tell him to rest.

A word and a glance from the stalwart packmate of his was all it took.

"Together"

There was no disagreement as the drow finished drinking the vials and pushed more into the lizard's hands.

They arrived below and were confronted with the sight of nearly the entire party.

The confrontation with their old party no longer able to be put off the two exchange greetings and well-wishes with their old comrades. As the journey gets underway Trinark as the more verbal among the two fills the SoSN party in on the details of their travels after the split.

The lizardman is more conversative than his usual curt self but as this is only slightly less than the usual for the taciturn half-orc among them, this isn't much.
    Now in the daylight, standing erect, a burden seems to be lifted off his shoulders and his posture and facial expression of satisfaction with the world at large is how his friends know him to be happy.

He happily pats Lissa if she has more hugs, gives manly hugs to Fizahn, listens to Lumpy talk about his flail when the lizardman points out that he's got a new one.

He stops when he comes to Thokk and casually sniffs the air around him before saying with an expressionless face,

"I watched you die. I failed you"

He does not sense the Thokk to be undead but cannot conceive a possibility in which a living Thokk could stand beside him.

When Thokk finishes answering him, he enquires about the naked spider-men, he remembers Callos from the night before. He sadly confirms he was aware that the witch and one of the wizards he had started the journey with had died.

He trots up to Tiriel
    "My magic aid you before kill."
    He pauses before making a request. Si'rene who is riding beside her hears it as well.
    "You find bird for me?"

OOC to SoSN: do ask Ssathiya to call yr name if you want him to.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy rides at the front as well, plying tracking skills developed as a wilderness skirmisher and bounty hunter alongside Delphinia. Not that the road back, or Silithos' tracks made a particularily challenging trail to follow, but he did beleive in being certain. Musingly, he lets a comment slide, mostly to himself,

"Moron.. looks like he saved me the trouble."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

Seeing that Elthan seemed to be a little bit tired from the undead attack still. Deciding to let him rest in the pallor while waiting for the sun to set the necromancer pulled himself up and began to wander about the castle. He avoided the orc guards, after all they might be even more touchy then Lumpy, but whenever he came across a seemingly aware, airheaded, coniving, and pampered person (a courtier) he made sure to pull them aside to inquire about the state of the relationship between the Lord and Lady.