New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Yix

Yix manages to spin out of the way of one way, but he manages to spin right into the other.

((Reflex: 20+7=27 and 7+7=14
    Dmg:3d6=14))

Yix rushes to new hydra and takes a mighty swing at it. However, the combined weight of the orch and the blast of cold in his face has left his tiny brain rattled, as Yix misses the dragon completely, once again.

((1+4=5 Yay critical fumbles!! I think this torch is bad luck))

2. - Top - End - #692
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark

Trinark was surprised and somewhat dismayed at the appearance of the larger hydra. As the beast unleashed its freezing breath, he wondered if that is what he looked like when he was caught in it. His first thought was to charge and engage it, but he realized some of his companions did not weather the breath attack well.

Siezing the opportunity, Trinark dashed to within arms reach of Yix. Keeping his attention firmly fixed on the hydra, he released his healing energy into the tiny reptile.

[OOC: Casting Defensively - Concentration check: 10 + 7 = 17 (Success) ... CLW: 6 + 3 = 9]

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

[OOC: Reflex save 1 - 1d20+7=20; Evasion - No damage

Reflex Save 2 - 1d20+7=25; Evasion - No damage

Oh yeah, and init =14]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin's eyes widen at the appearance of the larger cryohydra. That's not good... It looks pretty angry now. She considers drawing her crossbow again, but decides that time is of the essence now. Katrin engages the hydra in melee, slashing a long gash in the creature's side.

((AC 17
    HP 25
    Attack Roll (1d20+8=27)
    Critical? (1d20+8=25)
    Damage (1d6+2=4, 1d6+2=8) Total Damage 12))
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

5. - Top - End - #695

Tiriel graclessly fails to evade both breath attacks.

::reflex saves: (1d20+4=13, 1d20+4=8)::

ooc: doing the math - unless each attack does less than 11 damage, she's down and out for the count.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

The second hydra lasts no longer than the first. It goes down in a flurry of sorcery and steel. As it dies, it gently nuzzles the body of its slain child.

The forest is still once more. For a moment no one speaks, looking at each other, adrenaline still pumping.

Hajih and Nolan have suffered minor wounds inflicted by the hydra's teeth when they closed in, and several of you were chilled by the cryohydra breath, including Tiriel who had barely recovered from her first encounter with the hydra. She looks shaky as she leans on her sword.

Slowly the rest of the party breaks cover and stands with the melee combatants in the center of the clearing.

[hr]
    Lady Ulrich looks displeased. "Well, that was quite disappointing. Quite disappointing. Ah well, at least your friends are safe, and once they have returned, I am sure that you will be leaving in short order ..."

OOC: The hydra makes its Fort save (13 + 10 = 23). Nolan and Hajih are hit by AoO. The hydra misses its AoO on Thokk and Yix. Tiriel took 20 damage from the breath attack.

7. - Top - End - #697

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa gathers her purple robes and runs to her brother, "Are you well? And what made you think it was a smart idea to kick a hydra!" She smiles at Nolan. Only my brother would kick a hydra!

She then glances to Lumpy, "My apologies for not thinking of the body attack earlier, when we were planning. I've never fought a hydra of any sort. Seeing it face-to-face certainly helped remind me of my studies quickly, though!"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy jerks his polearm free of the hydra, wiping it off on the snow and flicking it dry. He ignores Nyssa as he stows the weapon, instead opting to look around suspiciously, as if something still weren't right. Finally, he breaks silence,

"We're short one. What happened ta the elfess?"

9. - Top - End - #699
    Halfling in the Playground

Nolan

"Kicking a hydra makes as much sense as drow rising from the dead and tiny drago..." spasm of pain flashes across Nolan's face, "See? It really does hurt to smile." He examines his bite more closely, "I'll be alright. Tiriel though..." Nolan makes his way over to Tiriel to see if she's okay.

[How much damage from the Hyrda bite, Doc? Nevermind, kariokie pointed me to the data thread. :)]

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Thokk takes his blade up and wipes it across the grass, cleaning off the streaked gore. He then carefully uses his sword to pry loose a handful of hydra teeth, and then cuts a strip of hydra skin from the beast, and puts both belongings in his pack*

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

"Damn that hurts" he says, his teeth clenched together in pain.

"Remind me never to get in the way of an angry Hydra again."

He kneels down in the snow beside the body of the two Hydras.

It has been far too long.

"Folks, I've got some business to attend to, I'll try and catch up to you as soon as possible."

((Pm sent))
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

12. - Top - End - #702

Fizahn:

Fizahn smiles as the hydra goes down. He stands up casually and brushes the snow off his clothing. Uninjured throughout the battle, Fizahn looks at Tiriel sadly. If only she had my skill, she might not have been almost killed by the hydra both times. He frowns as Lumpy mentions the missing elf. "Yes. I was wondering about that also when Tiriel said only the halfling was being pursued here. Delphinia, did you perhaps see what happened to... the... elf... ess?" Fizahn stumbles over the last part, obviously trying to produce Si'rene's name, but drawing a blank.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:46 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

"Well, that went faster than expected." Lissa slings her crossbow over her shoulder and trudges through the snow toward Tiriel, breath puffing out in white clouds before her. She takes one of the warrior's cold hands in her own, smiling up reassuringly. "Between Trinark, the druid and me, we'll have you fixed up in no time. Um... is your back all right? Let one of us know if there's anything broken there, eh?" Lissa raises an eyebrow with those last two sentences. Then she begins a spell that's all too familiar by now, the spell of healing.

OOC: CLW = 4 points Woo. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

14. - Top - End - #704

Lizardkin Druid

Seeing Sun-hair attend to Flameswordl, the lizardkin did not approach any closer and stood a few feet away and watched the healer do her work.

So this one knows healing too

He proceeded to the carcasses of the hydras and began to carve out some meat.

Bloody and gruesome though his actions may be, the druid is unaware of the expressions of those to whom his back is turned.

OOC: sorry but he did say he was going to eat it. Ad it wouldn't be right to kill something for the express purpose of survival or food in his worldview. .. If the meat is poisonous then he will throw it away.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

Delphinia dismounts and leads Gladi over to everyone else. She stays a little outside the group until Lumpy mentions Si'rene. Then she paces a llittle closer until Fizahn asks directly about her.
    "Si'rene is fine, so far as I know. There was an injured person at the lair, and she stayed behind to help her out." She looks back over at the carcasses. "How about that, huh? Two of 'em."

Watching the druid, she doesn't even blink an eye at his actions. Yeah, Orris did weird stuff like that once in a while. Don't much like the taste of predator myself, but to each his own.

16. - Top - End - #706

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Wow. This enormous group of us is pretty impressive.

As the second hydra falls, Achkby moves forwards, to stand with the others. Once among them, however, he stops, unsure of what to do. He can't do anything to help the injured, and there's nothing to say as a mere bystander.

"Good job," he mutters, drifting over to the side of the group.
    Where do I fit in now?

He finds himself standing next to the younger hydra, and, with nothing else to do, he pretends to examine it. And after a moment, he does examine it.

My God. It doesn't even have scales...
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

17. - Top - End - #707
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix seeing the lizardkin go for a few hunks of meat from the hydra eagerly joins, first looking to the druid to see if the meat is tasty.

18. - Top - End - #708

Tiriel

Tiriel looks down at Lissa, confusion plain on her face. Then she suddenly smiles. "No, I'm fine," She says, rolling her sholders and stretching her arms. " I'm just tired and sore, nothing new."
    She accepts Lissa's healing spell with a "thank you" and gazes at the two slain beasts. Those we travel with are more than able; the situation may not be so grim as we thought.

"We should go help Si'rene and then head back to the keep.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy brushes off his arms before moving his hands to his beard, vigorously raking icicles free from the untamed hair growth there,

"Well, show me where they are and I'll see about hauling this wounded fella back here. We should get moving soon, fer sure. Can't put off our business up north any longer now."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark

As the rush subsides, Trinark quickly moves into action. He moves rapidly to Tiriel's side, and despite her protests quiets her with a reassuring smile. "This will only take a moment." He chants a short prayer and the grasps her shoulders, as the healing magic closes her wounds.

He quick moves among the other members making sure that none of them have been seriously wounded. Satisfied that no one else is in immediate danger, he takes a moment to examine the two dead beasts.

[OOC: Dump Hold Person for Cure Moderate Wounds: 2 + 6 (+3) = 11]

21. - Top - End - #711

Tiriel accepts Lissa's healing gratefully, but flinches away initially when Trinark reaches his hands out towards her. When Trinark insists, she allows the drow to touch her shoulders to restore some vitality to her body.

Thokk and the lizardman both tear into the bodies of the hydrae. Some of you look away with distaste at the feral display, while other watch with interest. The skin of the hydrae is smooth and soft surprisingly. With the death of the creatures, the purplish hue to their hides fades to a dull gray as their blue blood soaks into the wintry ground.

A noise from the woods causes everyone to turn quickly, weapons ready for a new threat. Everyone quickly relaxes when the "intruder" proves to be Si'rene, who is carrying a middle aged human woman on her back. Katrin and Tiriel run to their friend's side and help lay the woman on the ground gently. She is badly wounded, but conscious.

Katrin looks up at the sky. "It's getting late. If we want to be back at Phent before nightfall, we should leave right away."

Katrin looks a bit peaked and uncharacteristically anxious for some reason. She looks around for Hajih and mutters to herself. "And where did that crazy ranger go? If he's not back soon, we'll have to leave him behind. Probably got lost after relieving himself behind a tree or something ..."

22. - Top - End - #712

Elthan

"I don't see what's the hurry. We have places to go, but I'm sure the town would like to give their thanks before we dissapear, and look! Thier bringing someone back as well. I don't recognize her, do you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

23. - Top - End - #713

Lady Ulrich peers more closely at the pool of water. "I can't say that I recognize her either."

She seems mildly irritated when Elthan suggests that the town will be grateful, but she recomposes herself and manages a wan smile. "Yes, I am sure that everyone will be happy now that all of the magical beasts have been slain. You and your friends are heroes!"

She looks sideways at Elthan and Callos. "Pity about the ferrymen and that girl though, isn't it?"

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

Throughout the entire visage of the battle with the two hydras in the scrying water Callos went from tense to relaxed to tensed once more whenever things got to an exciting point. Mostly however he was calm and an audible groan escaped from his mouth when he saw the middle aged woman.

"We send them out for part of one measly day and they bring back a stray. Do you think they need our constant supervision Elthan or is it just to give mages annerisms?"

((Going to cast Detect Thoughts and hide the somatic components by waving his arms around like he's angry.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Dwarf in the Playground

Middle aged lady

The lady looks up at her rescuer, her face streaked with dirt and blood, "Th-th-thank you my dear. I really did NOT want to end my life as lizard food. Now if I could just get this leg...

She leverages herself up into a sitting position and looks around. Obvious surprise crosses her face and she brushes her graying hair out of her face to get a better look. "My...My! Ain't you lot a pretty sight. Where did you...? How did you...? Well! Such an interesting collection of beings I ain't ever seen on Ehlonna's green earth. And you got the hydras I see. That #$^@^$% overgrown gecko eat Sir Richard she did. Still, one can hardly blame her with those mouths to feed."

"Now young lady," she looks up a Si'rene. "If you could help me set this leg I'll save you the job of carrying me."

26. - Top - End - #716

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa looks to her brother. "We need to retrieve the body of the green-haired priest on our return. He should have a proper burial or burning."

Sometimes, to Nolan, rites might be enough. The soul was at peace, and that was all that mattered. To Nyssa, however, the body was important, and should be taken care of. Even if it didn't matter to the deceased any longer, someone, somewhere, must have cared for him. It would mean a great deal to them that he was at rest.

{Nyssa will retrieve deadguy's body on the return journey. If there is no cart with room for it, she will carry it with her brother. If he will not carry it with her, she will drag it herself.}

27. - Top - End - #717
    Halfling in the Playground

Nolan

Nyssa was the sensitive one. Obvious as that might be to anyone who met them, it took Nolan years to understand just what that exactly meant. He was the older one, by two minutes. Twins when their parents had only been expecting one child. It was assumed that the family's "gift" would be passed on to Nolan since he was the first to be born. And so he was the one sent away to the monastery to learn the teachings of Kelemvor and to nuture his birthright.

Only that birthright never manifested. His strength was his natural discipline and physical prowess. The realm of the spirits remained as much a mystery to him as the emotional landscapes of the living. It wasn't until later, through his correspondance with Nyssa did he learn that it was she who developed the power. But it was different than what had manifested in their ancestors. Nyssa's was a wild magic, capable of granting her power over the dead rather than aiding in their passing on if she were to choose that path. But her love and understanding of life and the spirit overrode any desire to delve too deeply into the arts of necromancy and he respected her all the more for that.

"Of course," Nolan says to Nyssa. He takes some blankets from the cart and begins to wrap the dead priest's remains in them.

28. - Top - End - #718

Lizardkin Druid

Unconscious to him, the hunt and kill had comforted the lizardkin who had some form of normality returned to him by the events.

Concentrating more on slicing out pieces than gulping them down. Gathering enough 'steaks', he turns back pleased to the warmbloods in his pack.

A throaty rattling noise emits from his gullet, startling some until they surmise its a chuckle, when he sees Yix pouncing onto the body and walking along the top like a predator over its kill.

On seeing him gulp down some raw meat,
    he says,
    "Peace, little master. They taste better with herbs"

He pats one of his pouches as he says that and starts erecting a hasty firepit. He offers them freely to everyone. He doesn't seem to be intent on staying put for the night, but on having a fast cookout

He also collects some of the hydra blood in a rough gourd.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin paces back and forth nervously, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "Trinark... could you heal our friend here magically? Or does the leg need to be set first?" She turns to the middle-aged woman. "What is your name, anyways?"
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

30. - Top - End - #720

Fizahn:

"Okay. I think we should head back to Phent, claim the reward and be off. I also don't think our cheer leading section should have a share in the reward." Fizahn says with an angry glance at Achkby. He smiles at the woman they rescued. "Please introduce yourself; we're all friends here."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:47 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.