New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

Zabuza: "Except me."

Don't be sad, Zabuza.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post

2. What are these secrets of the Sage of the Six paths. And, why does he need Madara's help when he already has Nagato's body?
    Remember Orochimaru's original goal - learning every jutsu ever?

The Rikudo Sage repudetly created the ninja world - and is the origin of every jutsu ever.

And, while Kabuto has Nagato, Madara has the real, funtioning Rinnegan, tailed beasts, the weird demon-statue and genes of the First Hokage. It's pretty obvious at this point that Madara has knowledge and resources Nagato did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Only one question: do the Japanese have some sort of tradition of cleaning the house before new years? Both Naruto and the Gotei 13 were cleaning for some reason.
    Wait... there's a tradition where you don't clean the house before winter vacation? I'm confused. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I do have to wonder what happens if some really major attack, like a souped-up Rasenshuriken, or an Amatseru, or something like that, hits one of the zombies. If you make the pieces small enough, do they stay gone?
    Could someone outright disrupt the seals on them like a "jamming signal", potentially breaking the connection and effectively killing the zombie?
    One wonders...
    This has been answered already. Sai's brother was blown to atoms - he regenerated from thin air. "Pieces small enough" simply does not... cut it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Wait... there's a tradition where you don't clean the house before winter vacation? I'm confused. o.O
    I've never heard of such a thing. I put up decorations for Christmas every year, but no special cleaning beyond the norm.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

And, while Kabuto has Nagato, Madara has the real, funtioning Rinnegan, tailed beasts, the weird demon-statue and genes of the First Hokage. It's pretty obvious at this point that Madara has knowledge and resources Nagato did not.
    Small point, but 'Madara' doesn't have the genes of the First Hokage (in him) nor can he USE the Bijuu when they are in that statue (from every indication shown so far). Which...leaves the Rinnegan and the demon statue which Nagato DID have. Unless you mean resources not always capable of being used in combat, then yes very much so in that case.

This has been answered already. Sai's brother was blown to atoms - he regenerated from thin air. "Pieces small enough" simply does not... cut it.
    YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

I meant "resources" in a rather broad manner - from jutsu to knowledge to equipment Kabuto does not have, and cannot have through Impure World Resurrection alone. Near-anything pertaining to first Hokage qualifies at this point, for example.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Barbarian in the Playground

Those are good points, though if I may nitpick, Nagato and the First Hokage are from the same bloodline (both ultimately coming from the Senju clan), and Nagato should be capable of the First's abilities since he can access all six forms of chakra. So, the First's gene's shouldn't matter to him. I'd guess the thing that Kabuto wants now is the unique combination of the Sharingan and the Rinnegan. Or to observe the combo at the very least.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2010-12-16 at 07:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

Nagato and the First Hokage are from the same bloodline (both ultimately coming from the Senju clan), and Nagato should be capable of the First's abilities since he can access all six forms of chakra. So, the First's gene's shouldn't matter to him.
    Not necessarily. Nagato did not display any of the powers of the Sharingan or Wood Release, and it is heavily implied the Sage of the Six Paths had those powers (at the very least he knew the reality warping jutsu). Maybe Nagato doesn't have the complete power of the Sage?

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

To me, it seems Sharingan and Mokuton were creations of the Sage, and the biggest reason Nagato didn't have them was that he didn't live long enough to make them.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Yes, yes you did.

But she's dead. (Breat excuse considering the current Arc, I know ) We never saw her get brought back to life, and she wasn't killing people. She looked liked she was in the middle of Suno. WTH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

10. - Top - End - #1240

To me, it seems Sharingan and Mokuton were creations of the Sage, and the biggest reason Nagato didn't have them was that he didn't live long enough to make them.
    I always saw them as the evolution down the line of the sages genes. So the sage himself didn't have them (except mokuton maybe. Cos, you know, all chakra natures), and nor' does Nagato. Just like an ape doesn't have all of our traits despite us evolving from them (not the best example as the Sharingan and Mokuton aren't an improvement on the Rinnegan).
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

The sage's powers were diluted into his two sons, one got the eyes of the sage (rinnengan, sharingan, etc) and the other got the body of the sage (mokuton, etc) according to the legend. They battled over how best to run the ninja world over and over again (The sage's 2 sons, madara and the first, madara and the fourth, & sasuke and naruto) the theme is repeated over and over again throughout the series...

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    The sage's powers were diluted into his two sons, one got the eyes of the sage (rinnengan, sharingan, etc) and the other got the body of the sage (mokuton, etc) according to the legend. They battled over how best to run the ninja world over and over again (The sage's 2 sons, madara and the first, madara and the fourth, & sasuke and naruto) the theme is repeated over and over again throughout the series...
    This I know, but I always though that his eldest son got the rinnegan, and that eventually devolved into the sharingan and byakugan, which are completely different, rather than the sage had the rinnegan, sharingan and byakugan and only passed down sharingan and byakugan. I don't subscribe to the "Rinnegan can do everything sharingan and byakugan can do, but more" argument. I think they are completely different and their only similarity is that they're doujutsu and that they come from the same source. I don't think Nagato can develop the byakugan or sharingan.

SIDE NOTE: I was never too fond of the Rinnegan as a power. I love Nagato as a character, I just think that a doujutsu (meaning eye techinique) should have something to do with the eyes other than aesthetics! I'd have rathered if the Rinnegan's power was just to animate the dead bodies and share vision between them, and then Nagato could have had the whole all natured chakra thing as a second bloodline.
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2010-12-17 at 03:15 PM.
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

The rinnengan is the seed, the various other forms of doujutsu are branches or fruit from that tree, basically refinement and specialization vs new tricks. The rinnengan is powerful but without massive amounts of training you can't duplicate the more specialized tricks that the sharingan and byakugan have through careful development and years of recorded history by the clans that the fruit was borne to.

14. - Top - End - #1244

I recall there is a scroll that could only be read completely if you have both the Rinnegan and the Mangekyo Sharingan. This suggests to me that both eyes existed around the same time. Perhaps the Sharingan is a creation of the Sage, or possible anyone with the Rinnegan can activate the Sharingan.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2010-12-17 at 08:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

I recall there is a scroll that could only be read completely if you have both the Rinnegan and the Mangekyo Sharingan. This suggests to me that both eye mutations existed around the same time. Maybe one son of the Sage got the Rinnegan and the other son got the Sharingan.
    I don't think that's how it works. The scroll can be partially read with the Sharingan, more with the Mangekyo, and yet more with the Rinnegan. It is apparently the source of Madara and Pain's knowledge of the Sage.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

The scroll can be read partially by the sharingan, but with the rinnengan you can see the whole thing. It detailed the origins of the tailed beasts and what the sage of the 6 paths did to split the 10tails into the beasts we see in the manga.

As far as the doujutsu techniques are concerned, I always saw it as the reason why they have all these weird effects is that through the eyes, the brain can interpret the world, and doujutsu allows the user's brain to directly influence the world in certain ways. Which is why the sharingan can use a variety of genjutsu, the byakugan can see life and chakra energies to the point that a person can tell a ninja from a civilian with a glance or find hidden explosive tags and the like, the sharingan can do similar tricks but the byakugan does it better. The rinnengan literally allows the user's mind to impose itself upon the world in very real and dangerous ways.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

I see it as the Sharingan and Byakugan hold powers in, but the Rinnegan is the outside sign of a whole host of powers.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Troll in the Playground

No, Impure World Resurrection isn't overpowered at all. Seriously, why didn't Orochimaru ever do that? Has Kabuto really surpassed him by that much? Since Kabuto keeps going on about how awesome Oro's powers are, I'm imagining that he must have surpassed Oro in skill but not in raw chakra and power.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

I wonder if the celluar level destructive power of the Rasen Shuriken is enough to kill a IWR zombie?

You never know, once Naruto figures out the Rasengan in Beast Mode, that might do it. Deus ex Machina, ho?
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hehe. Gari's bloodline limit is the

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto Shirogane View Post
    I wonder if the celluar level destructive power of the Rasen Shuriken is enough to kill a IWR zombie?

You never know, once Naruto figures out the Rasengan in Beast Mode, that might do it. Deus ex Machina, ho?
    No, nothing can destroy them. They regenerate, even from dust. That is the whole point. Kishi going back on that would just be terrible storytelling.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Blast-element? Scorch-element? Is there a Hamburger-element?

Now, this looks like it should, unlike that Deidara fail

Out of curiosity, what happened there? Controlled zombies summoned their own zombies?

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Blast-element? Scorch-element? Is there a Hamburger-element?
    They're two element bloodline limits, like Wood Release is Earth+Water.

Scorch Release is almost certainly Air+Fire. There are a few possibilities for Blast Release.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

The fusion elements *I* came up with are better.

Air+Fire=Ash.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #1255

I'd say earth + fire would make ash. Fire + wind should make smoke in my opinion. I think all of the elemental combinations should be...

Fire + Wind = Smoke release
    Fire + Earth = Ash release
    Fire + Lightning = Laz0r release
    Fire + Water = Steam/Boil release
    Wind + Earth = Dust release
    Wind + Lightning = Storm release
    Wind + Water = Ice release
    Earth + Lightning = Metal release (Iron Sand magnetism shenanigans)
    Earth + Water = Swamp release (I know it's officially Wood, but I don't like that as a combination.)
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

In my opinion, "schorch" is much more sensible combination for "fire + wind" than those posed here. When you fan flames, they burn brighter; "smoke" would suggest more impure burning, which would be exactly the opposite, and "ash" would mean the "fire" part pretty much isn't there.

Besides, powers centered around burning-hot air and dehydration are much more thematic for a desert ninja.

27. - Top - End - #1257

I wonder, if Kakashi uses his teleport jutsu on the corpses will they regenerate in the battlefield, or in Madara's hideyhole dimension? A corpse in Madara's home would probably destroy Kabuto's and Madara's alliance.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Blast Release is probably Earth+Fire in a different combination to Lava Release. Or maybe Earth+Earth.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-26 at 03:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Well.... merry Christmas, ninja alliance. You got an army of zombies who can summon other zombies. How awesome is that?
    (Also: Yay, my collection of Swordsmen of the Mist is complete now!)

No, really... so... Kabuto had to let them a bit loose to control so many, did I get this right? And now he shortened some leashes so they won't be bad boys again? make sense, I guess..
    Though, how will Asuma&Co be more useful with their personalities intact? depends on how intact I guess, but still... We'll see.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Out of curiosity, what happened there? Controlled zombies summoned their own zombies?
    More like Kabuto used them as a point of reference to summon reinforcements to that battlefield, which he may only be able to do with tightened control over their actions (possibly to the point he can have them use skills they otherwise would not have been able to).

And I would say Orochimaru's control was still better. He seemed to have the ratio of 'control/free will' ratio down a bit better, as opposed to Kabuto who's still figuring that out. Part of the reason why he's now just sitting there, focusing on controlling his Edo-zombies completely as opposed to Orochimaru who had the two previous Hokages able to fight more then effectively without him guiding their every action....Which is also probably why he only made three.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."