New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    And I was wondering why people call the Naruto fanbase rabid....
    And we're not even shipping right now!

Lord help us if anyone mentions the Shippuden episode that singlehandedly turned me NaruHina.

Oh sh--

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Gorrammit, Kishimoto!
    You do not have a confession of love followed by NEVER MENTIONING IT.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I don't recall Itachi ever using Amaterasu in any other way than creation of the flames. That's why I asked.
    That's what Sasuke dos too. :?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Gorrammit, Kishimoto!
    You do not have a confession of love followed by NEVER MENTIONING IT.
    To be fair, Naruto didn't really get a chance to address it in the manga, considering how the Kage Summit immediately followed the Pain arc.

Now the anime creates a problem there, since they've spent about six months rebuildng the village.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    To be fair, Naruto didn't really get a chance to address it in the manga, considering how the Kage Summit immediately followed the Pain arc.

Now the anime creates a problem there, since they've spent about six months rebuildng the village.
    'Cause this is filler, filler night
    And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike...

FILLER!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone else have the image in their mind of Naruto dancing to Thriller with the zombified caste behind him in lockstep?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    'Cause this is filler, filler night
    And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike...

FILLER!
    I actually enjoy filler, but... win. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

That's what Sasuke dos too. :?
    Sasuke can manipulate the flames, putting them at settings other than "burn everything". IIRC this was first seen when he extinguished some flames that had hit Karin.

The techniques being Kagutsuchi and Shield of Amaterasu.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-23 at 03:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I actually enjoy filler, but... win. xD
    Thankey.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Sasuke can manipulate the flames, putting them at settings other than "burn everything". IIRC this was first seen when he extinguished some flames that had hit Karin.

The techniques being Kagutsuchi and Shield of Amaterasu.
    ... It's still just manipulating it. I never said it wasn't an Advanced Technique. (I think.)

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    Gaara does not once use hand seals ever when controlling his sand
    Gaara vs Kimmimaro. He used seals both on Ryuusa Bakuryu and Gokusamaisou(though that name doesn't seem to appear in the manga)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    Authoritative tone etc pp
    applies

anyway, I'm curious who'll be fighting Gaaras squad. If Kabuchimaro is smart, he sent a small elite force. An army of mooks would get crushed, literally. Gaara certainly isn't the strongest character in Naruto-verse, but for all I know he is the one who could do most damage to an army singlehandedly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering his sand abilities are anything from single target murder to long range multiple incapacitation, I would concur.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    \anyway, I'm curious who'll be fighting Gaaras squad. If Kabuchimaro is smart, he sent a small elite force. An army of mooks would get crushed, literally. Gaara certainly isn't the strongest character in Naruto-verse, but for all I know he is the one who could do most damage to an army singlehandedly
    If he's smart, he'll just send Kimmimaro after him. The bone-guy had Gaara dead-to-rights and it's only Kimmimaro's disease that killed him. Hell...Gaara didn't even really inconvenience Kimmimaro with his sand techs.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    If he's smart, he'll just send Kimmimaro after him. The bone-guy had Gaara dead-to-rights and it's only Kimmimaro's disease that killed him. Hell...Gaara didn't even really inconvenience Kimmimaro with his sand techs.
    Yeah, but that was like... years ago.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Yeah, but that was like... years ago.
    So? Not like much has changed in Gaara's favor since then. Gaara hasn't gotten noticeably stronger (he's probably weaker now without the Shukaku) while Kimmimaro is no longer restrained by a the onset of death by a debilitating disease and he's now an immortal zombie creature.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-01-24 at 01:24 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So? Not like much has changed in Gaara's favor since then. Gaara hasn't gotten noticeably stronger (he's probably weaker now without the Shukaku) while Kimmimaro is no longer restrained by a the onset of death by a debilitating disease and he's now an immortal zombie creature.
    I dunno, his performance at the beginning of Part 2 was pretty impressive, and he only lost because Deidara threatened the village. At any rate, he was able to block Amaterasu with impressive speed even post-extraction. I'm sure he's lost the automatic aspect of his sand shield, but I don't think he's become any less adept with it.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

I've always wanted to know, so I'll put it to you guys:

Itachi without his illness, versus Kimimaro without his. Who wins?

My conclusion was always Itachi, because of Tsukiyomi...

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't you think that's what Muu could be doing? Scouting ahead for a larger army/group? I mean, he IS by himself.
    Um.. scouting has a point when there's someone who could use the info and change tactics accordingly. Here, it looks like another case of CHAAARGEEE! just with silent step one.

More to the point is that Kabuto "I'll be sulking in the corner pointlessly moving Go pieces" Oroclone is moving Go pieces because...it's implied that's how he controls his zombies
    What? How does that work?

He moves GO stone 1 mm to the left, Zabuza raises his arm? Man, no wonder these zombies are so crappy

Also, why should Madara care if the Zetsu army dies? He can, literally grow a new one and likely much faster then the Ninja villages can replace lost shinobi.
    Why? Because while it grows he is very vulnerable.

And seeing how they seem to actual be a challenge to kill (if Neiji's words are any indication) and are draining chakra for...something, I would say that Madara loses nothing with a charge except however long it takes him to grow a new army.
    Even if you have free soldiers, minimizing your losses while maximizing these of enemy is common sense...

Uh...yeah?
    If you honestly think Gaary Sue will lose this I'll have this nice bridge for sale

...So...because we've never seen these chuunin/jounin before, they suddenly become an inaccurate measurement of ability for us to compare enemies to?
    What measure? Mooks we never saw = 99% probability of dying for lulz.

...So the Seven Swordsmen are idiots for not sharing the exact same style of Zabuza, despite the fact most of their swords combat-applicable abilities and they likely focused on those?
    Elite members of hidden mist not capable of replacing mist when something dispels it?

...I no longer wonder why they died :P

(and that at least one of them wasn't even a Suiton type)
    Which one?

More importantly, Zabuza was the best at the Hidden Mist jutsu, having developed a version that even the Sharingan couldn't see through.
    Are we sure it's not a case of canon marching on?

Ah, yes, so they stood around for one panel in surprise because their cover disappeared, they wasted time from utterly slaughtering the enemy.
    Yeah, for a guys who (as you said) can't do mist trick they sure did waste time wondering where mist they never used went instead of continuing to Being In Your Base Wasting Your Mooks :P

You named it yourself there. Usually do in battle, the implication being in our world. Where there's no real difference between a sergeant and a general besides experience and ability to command. Not in Narutoverse where the difference between a sergeant and a general can be the difference between shooting a fireball four times a day to having the capability to wipe out armies entirely by yourself.
    These guys shown virtually zero ability to command anything. They might be able to fire fireballs with their behinds, but my whole point is, Shikamaru or someone similar would outplay them all, tricks or no tricks.

This is Naruto-verse, where the most powerful shinobi are giving positions of leadership, thus making it a really bad idea to keep them out of the fight to counter the enemy's high level shinobi.
    History shown is that's rather moronic tactic.

Seriously...aside from Gai, who would you have expected from Kakashi's force to be able to fight Zabuza? Except MAYBE Sakura?
    Haven't you said these unnamed mooks might be strong?

Yamanaka is one, Sakura, Lee, Guy, Kakashi - that's at least five.

'nother small point, how's he supposed to direct his force if he can barely see around him?
    That was my point - if not for the fact Kakashi was less moronic (at least tactically) than the rest, he should not be given command, he should have been in anti-zombie squad, and the fight could have been coordinated by someone outside.

As for the mist, they really has no means to dispel it or to saturate it with blast-bombs, anti-Madara style?
    Above Us Only Sky

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

If you believe the databooks he's actually considerably stronger now. Although murderously strong for a Genin, he wasn't even Jounin level when he fought Kimmimaro; the reason he was brought along for the attack on Konoha was so he could transform into Shukaku (Naruto ruined that). Kimmimaro's stats were certainly impressive, putting him in the range of strong Jounin like Zabuza (same stat total), but I'm not sure that even without his illness he could face Gaara as he is now.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Barbarian in the Playground

Itachi, every time. I've got my money on no-illness-Itachi being the single most powerful ninja in the setting, apart from ol' Rikudo of course, or at least tying with Madara and Minato.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough.
    Rotten Sasuke killing him. I hate him so much.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Gaara forced him into CS2, a state that can't be maintained for a long time without damaging the users mind and body. I'd call that an inconvenience.

Plus, I see no way for Kimmi to win this if Gaara takes flight. He's a taijutsu master and we saw his ranged attacks aren't strong enough to beat even the normal sand shield.
    Actually, even his strongest bone wasn't enough to pierce Shukaku no tate. Gaara vs Kimminaro, none has the ability to kill the other, it will come down to a battle of attrition determined by who runs out of chakra first. Gaara plays it smart, he'll just take flight, force Kimmi into CS2 with Sabaku Taiso and then conserves his chakra(force Kimmi to keep up the seal, but don't throw more uber techniques) until the Kaguya dies

This is no fair fight, really. Kimmimaros strongest asset is his bone defense, he can survive everything most ninja can throw at him. Itachi on the other hand has two things(tsukiomi and amaterasu) that make his defense useless and his sharingan should allow him to survive Kimmimaros taijutsu long enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Gaara forced him into CS2, a state that can't be maintained for a long time without damaging the users mind and body. I'd call that an inconvenience.

Plus, I see no way for Kimmi to win this if Gaara takes flight. He's a taijutsu master and we saw his ranged attacks aren't strong enough to beat even the normal sand shield.
    Actually, even his strongest bone wasn't enough to pierce Shukaku no tate. Gaara vs Kimminaro, none has the ability to kill the other, it will come down to a battle of attrition determined by who runs out of chakra first. Gaara plays it smart, he'll just take flight, force Kimmi into CS2 with Sabaku Taiso and then conserves his chakra(force Kimmi to keep up the seal, but don't throw more uber techniques) until the Kaguya dies
    Dont the zombies have unlimited chakra?

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

This is no fair fight, really. Kimmimaros strongest asset is his bone defense, he can survive everything most ninja can throw at him. Itachi on the other hand has two things(tsukiomi and amaterasu) that make his defense useless and his sharingan should allow him to survive Kimmimaros taijutsu long enough
    Pretty much my conclusion. Without Tsukiyomi I'd call it close.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Pretty much my conclusion. Without Tsukiyomi I'd call it close.
    Nah, Amaterasu is enough to make it an easy win for Itachi. IMO.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Plus... Susanoo. Turns out strong bones is no defense against getting drunk and sealed away.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Kabotomaru is using the go pieces to show the positions of his various ninzombies he's unleashed.

The "zabuza is the source of the mist" thing is fine, it's certainly the start of his standard attack pattern. there wasn't a need for more than one of them to put up this jutsu, all of their targets is covered by the mist.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    Turns out strong bones is no defense against getting drunk...
    Worked against Rock Lee, didn't it?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Worked against Rock Lee, didn't it?
    Actully, no it did not. (That was without a doubt my favorite scene. I was laughing nonstop.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nah, Amaterasu is enough to make it an easy win for Itachi. IMO.
    Frankly, the Mangekyo Sharingan is such an utter game-breaker that you can probably count the matchups it doesn't completely invalidate on one hand. Even a high-mediocre ninja like Sasuke is able to fight against Kages and their bodyguards with it. He lost, yes, but not nearly as badly as he would have without mangekyo. And now the limitations on his newfound powers have been removed, so the utterly broken powers don't have any drawback at all.

I know there's the whole rule of drama thing, but it kind of irritates me how all of the bad guys remaining seem to have these super-duper-mega powers with no real drawback or weakness.

Kabuto can make as many awesome powerful zombjas as he has resources for, and the war gives him plenty of those. Reality is Madara's toy as long as he keeps switching sharingan, and Sasuke gets the three mangekyo attacks for free. Meanwhile, Naruto keeps on having sharp limitations put on how he can use the powerups he gets that makes them much harder to use than anything Team Evil has access to.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    zombjas
    Someone plays BVS
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5