New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Oh god oh god oh god, me and my friends just got slaughtered by a horde of aliens. That game is incredibly addicting, and I now have a TF2 hat that looks vaguely like a headcrab.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

I left it on to install and let me idle all night. Steam client updates and thus everything is on 3%
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    Well, those games were fun. One question remains unanswered though. Is there more than one campaign?
    Yes, technically.

Fan made content is already possible, even easy, and there's a tutorial campaign.

Other than that, though? Nope.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

So, Hat Trick should really require three levels.

Also, flame-fu is ridiculously effective. Faith, with a flamer and medigun, is a force of devastation. I also like to take freeze grenades to murder shield bugs.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Shotguns: I shouldn't be using them. I shoot my teammates more often than not.

Also: I am apparently an excellent rearguard. Not that, you know, being at the rear is any safer than being in the front.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Halfling in the Playground

So, there isn't a specified time frame in which you have to play enough to get that hat? Just making sure. Also, thanks to TF wiki I know that I want it. Hell, any hat would be great. I'm poor and hatless right now.
    Last edited by Izual6764; 2010-07-20 at 04:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Izual is even more dogmantra than dogmantra

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

So, tesla gun, medic gun, armour...Most win loadout there is.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    That is the exact loadout I've been rawking just.. I had no Medic Gun. It was.. Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

So, problem I've been having with this game. As soon as I reach the lift, it lags to pieces and becomes unplayable. Has anyone else been having this problem? How do I fix it?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    That is the exact loadout I've been rawking just.. I had no Medic Gun. It was.. Hard.
    Oh yeah, medicing gets a lot easier once you get to level 9.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

So... I don't know which thread I should be telling stories in, but Alien Swarm is awesome.

On the 5th map, me and KBF were left after Onasuma and Faulty bit the dust to some parasites. I'd run out of rifle ammo, and needed to conserve my flamethrower.
    The solution?
    I punched my way through over 100 aliens.
    I am the BOSS.
    This is why I'm Captain and Onasuma is just a Corporal.

Also, hey, Chiasaur, where's that Level Editor. I can't find it.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-07-20 at 06:14 AM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm guessing the level editor is just Hammer, like all the other Source games, but you'll probably need to know which entities go where to set up an AS game.

EDIT: Please direct your eyeballs to this link for all your Alien Swarm mapping needs.
    Last edited by potatocubed; 2010-07-20 at 08:10 AM.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Also: I am apparently an excellent rearguard. Not that, you know, being at the rear is any safer than being in the front.
    Rearguard is ridiculously easy if you're Special Weapons Guy. I did that for most of the campaign. Autogun, tight hallways, no worry of friendly fire? Muahahaha.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    So... I don't know which thread I should be telling stories in, but Alien Swarm is awesome.

On the 5th map, me and KBF were left after Onasuma and Faulty bit the dust to some parasites. I'd run out of rifle ammo, and needed to conserve my flamethrower.
    The solution?
    I punched my way through over 100 aliens.
    I am the BOSS.
    This is why I'm Captain and Onasuma is just a Corporal.

Also, hey, Chiasaur, where's that Level Editor. I can't find it.
    Launch the game.

Enable Developer Console.

Enable cheats.

Then put this in: ASW_tilegen

The game has got a map builder and randomized mission tool built into the game.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Needs more Tesla turret/Tesla Trap.
    trill in da playground

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah, on the earlier subject of posting pictures and being amazed at how wrong we all were about each other's appearances, I'm the one in the camo jacket. Cloak Crab is the one with the white hat.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Oh yeah, on the earlier subject of posting pictures and being amazed at how wrong we all were about each other's appearances, I'm the one in the camo jacket. Cloak Crab is the one with the white hat.
    Hashabadawahbahdahawa

Is that a Street Fighter IV tournament?
    Are you playing with arcade sticks?

Sir, I'm in love.
    With a jealousy that burns like BlackFox's love for me.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not a competitive event... comp play ruins the fun of most games for me. And I mostly play BlazBlue over SF4.

But yes, several people attending bring sticks. I quickly found out that my years of playing on a pad left me unable to use even the basic combos with my main (Tager) on a stick.

Annoyingly, with my other two most-played characters, Arakune and Tao, I was able to immediately do combos that I have never once gotten to work in all my time in practice mode.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to finding out how far off people's guesses about my looks were.
    =====

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Worrysome and encouraging.
    I've been considering buying a stick for SSFIV, for the proper atmosphere, but they're all so ridiculously pricey for some reason.

Of course I don't know why as I refuse to pay for XBox Live and none of my friends will play me because I'm a Fighting Game God.
    Nothing but a Nobody

20. - Top - End - #590
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    It's not a competitive event... comp play ruins the fun of most games for me. And I mostly play BlazBlue over SF4.

But yes, several people attending bring sticks. I quickly found out that my years of playing on a pad left me unable to use even the basic combos with my main (Tager) on a stick.

Annoyingly, with my other two most-played characters, Arakune and Tao, I was able to immediately do combos that I have never once gotten to work in all my time in practice mode.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to finding out how far off people's guesses about my looks were.
    You aren't actually a medic?
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

21. - Top - End - #591

Just a heads up guys, I will not be available for some time this week due to my compy sulking whenever I try to login to Steam or use the internet.

I think she's refusing to play nice with my router and such. Either that or my ISP has gone bonkers again. Either way, I don't think I'll be around for a bit this week. Just when I got the hang of Alien Swarm as well.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

How do you guys LiveStream X-COM? Record your screen or what?
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593

Man, alien swarm is awesome.

Or maybe Awesome.

More like, just plain EPIC.

I really like it. And I had a great time mowing down the xenos menace with my rows upon rows of railrifle fire.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Tips for living a long and happy life in Alien Swarm:

1. Always combat roll into the end zone.

2. Do not dual-wield grenade launchers and take a pack of grenades as your utility item.

3. Do not stand between me and the aliens, because I am always using one of the following: autogun, minigun, flamethrower.
    Last edited by potatocubed; 2010-07-20 at 05:12 PM.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

25. - Top - End - #595

Quote Originally Posted by potatocubed View Post
    2. Do not dual-wield grenade launchers and take a pack of grenades as your utility item.
    Hey, it got me to the landing pad!

Where I died by shooting a nearby alien.

26. - Top - End - #596

Electrified Armor is win because it stops infection.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

(After recieving 8 invites so far today)

Dammit! If it's not the weekend, assume I'm not on a gaming computer, and I can't play anything!
    =====

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Sir, I'm in love.
    With a jealousy that burns like BlackFox's love for me.
    Argh. You can stop now.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Argh. You can stop now.
    Never.
    Ever.
    Ever.
    Nothing but a Nobody

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    How do you guys LiveStream X-COM? Record your screen or what?
    ProCaster streams what you want it to stream. Just line up the 'camera' with X-Com's window and viola. It streams X-Com.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-07-20 at 05:45 PM.