New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Don't think it should've gotten a U rating though. The seagull swore! And the dog was quite terrifying. ANd rabbits got run over by a train.
    It has BUNNIES. Of course it should have a U rating! Geez, don't you know anything about how films work?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #332

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    It has BUNNIES. Of course it should have a U rating! Geez, don't you know anything about how films work?
    OH yeah, and one of the cute bunnies was almost strangled to death onscreen. COmplete with blood, foam, bloody foam and hideous rasping gasps of pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Banned

Well, he was only mostly dead. He got better.

Ferngully was pretty frightening for children. This was horrific.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-07-17 at 11:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    OH yeah, and one of the cute bunnies was almost strangled to death onscreen. COmplete with blood, foam, bloody foam and hideous rasping gasps of pain.
    AND it's animated. Honestly, I'd have thought someone as intelligent as you would have realised that animated bunny films are always suitable for children. Even animated films are always suitable for children. Like Princess Mononoke which is, and I quote, "perfect for the bored nine year old looking to while away a long Sunday afternoon".
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-07-17 at 11:28 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

I read the book when I was smaller - have never seen the movie though. I still remember "hrududu" for cars (and trains). I remember the book as quite sad, but really good.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

woo, I still fit in me kilt!

yay for weddings.

Not yay for summer ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Well, he was only mostly dead. He got better.

Ferngully was pretty frightening for children. This was horrific.
    I dunno, Watership Down for me still has a neck-and-neck contender in the Pink Elephants on Parade sequence in Dumbo. The difference being that, while I can recognize the psychotic nature in Watership Down, I am seldom moved by it, while Pink Elephants on Parade has on more than one occasion given me nightmares (as an adult ONLY; as a child, I thought it was hilarious), and once even made me freak out.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    I dunno, Watership Down for me still has a neck-and-neck contender in the Pink Elephants on Parade sequence in Dumbo. The difference being that, while I can recognize the psychotic nature in Watership Down, I am seldom moved by it, while Pink Elephants on Parade has on more than one occasion given me nightmares (as an adult ONLY; as a child, I thought it was hilarious), and once even made me freak out.
    Agreed. I can stand the sight of worms, and look at microscopic germs, but technicolor pachyderms are simply too much for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    but technicolor pachyderms are simply too much for me.
    I, for one, would be absolutely fine with the idea that the entire universe was just an experiment to see if that phrase ever got used.
    BANG → !

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    The storm in Beauty and the Beast, the Disney one, I was terrified of that when I was really small!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Banned

Player_Zero is taken by a fey mood!

12. - Top - End - #342

CurlyKitGirl uses Crackpot Mathematical Theories to distract Player_Zero!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Banned

Player_Zero cancels Forge steel short sword: Taken by a mood.

Player_Zero screams "I must have metal bars!"
    Player_Zero screams "I must have bones!"
    Player_Zero screams "I must have metal bars!"

14. - Top - End - #344

Captain Happy Hands "Player_Zero" metal bars!
    Last edited by Tiger Duck; 2010-07-17 at 02:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

So apparently my usual tabletop group (not D&D, Window, which is considerably more rules-lite) is almost supernaturally slow on the uptake. Or possibly just slightly slow and with no grasp of mythology.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, a character gets taken out in a huge explosion (as in, large cart filled with gunpowder and a couple kinds of metal explodes half a metre behind him) that he could not have possibly survived.

He wakes up in a massive cave - too high to see the roof, if there is one - that's slightly cold and completely barren. Well, unless you count a couple flickering shadows at the edge of his vision, and the odd voice or two. Having heard some rushing water in the distance, he runs off to look for the source of the noise. Huge river, with a skeleton in a small rowboat waiting for him. Said skeleton promptly asks for a fare to cross the river, unless he plans on being left here. He still doesn't get it.

Eventually, after a bit of back-and-forth conversation with Charon (who, admittedly, speaks in thoroughly insane word salad in this version), he just asks "where the hell am I?" Charon immediately replies with a simple "correct." Still takes him about a full minute of silence before he figures out that, no, he didn't survive that explosion. Rage ensued.

On the bright side, at least I got a silly answer in
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

Player_Zero is stricken with melancholy!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Player_Zero is stricken with melancholy!
    Moat's over that way, knock yourself out.

Why do none of these amusingly horrible things ever happen to my forts, anyway? I always seem to end up with some sort of utopia where everything is perfect forever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

18. - Top - End - #348
    Banned

OK THAT'S IT

*downloads dwarf fortress*

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    OK THAT'S IT

*downloads dwarf fortress*
    In eight minutes you'll delete it in a fit of rage. Then in another week you'll redownload it and make it a couple hours. Then you'll delete it again.

If you ever return, it will be for good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Banned

Oh I already love the game... I just don't have it on this computer

21. - Top - End - #351

Should I be worried if I have dreams about the Playground?

Specifically, should I be worried if said dreams seem to be an odd combination of the Playground and the plot to the film Calender Girls, only with much younger people and the money going towards some sort of cancer charity?

Not that that happened. At all. ¬_¬
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, while I remember mentioning it. There was a forest fire in the forests not far from my home two and a half day ago, and I saw the column of smoke from the car on the way home from a trip. Earlier today Yesterday, I went to investigate the site of the fire. The ground has been scorched in an 30'000 sq metres (3 hectare, or roughly 6 acres), and the firs are all yellow from the intense heat. Luckily enough, the treetops didn't catch fire and the firefighters managed to take control over the fire relatively quickly.

I think that there has been about one fire every year in this end of that forest every year for some time now. The most probable reason is that people are careless and violate the open burning prohibition order that is in place. This level of morony should be a capital crime.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    Specifically, should I be worried if said dreams seem to be an odd combination of the Playground and the plot to the film Calender Girls, only with much younger people and the money going towards some sort of cancer charity?
    Don't worry about it. The money was all going to charity. What monster would lie about collecting for a cancer charity?
    BANG → !

24. - Top - End - #354
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Ok. Is it wrong if a moderator:
    1. Makes a post
    2. Reports their post, made in step 1, calling "the poster" an idiot and demanding that the mods do something about it immediately
    3. Recuses themself from taking any action because they know the people involved too well and could be biased, asking the other mods to take care of it

'Cause that's what I just did.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Rawhide, sir, you are fantastic.
    And it all depends on the motive.
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2010-07-17 at 05:32 PM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

26. - Top - End - #356
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Ok. Is it wrong if a moderator:
    1. Makes a post
    2. Reports their post, made in step 1, calling "the poster" an idiot and demanding that the mods do something about it immediately
    3. Recuses themself from taking any action because they know the people involved too well and could be biased, asking the other mods to take care of it
    So you posted, then reported your own post, and then declined to fix your post? Or did you post, report your own post and in that post call yourself an idiot?

My head hurts.

Which reminds me of a quick question... what do the moderators do if a post is reported, but the post is also edited before the mods get around to it?

Like, let's say I called Rawhide a big meany-head stinky-pants, and someone reported it. Then I came to my senses and redacted the insult, and THEN you logged in to get the report.

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Don't worry about it. The money was all going to charity. What monster would lie about collecting for a cancer charity?
    I hadn't even considered that it could have been a scam! I was just concerned that it was a really, really odd thing to dream about and I might end up in the crazyhouse.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    I hadn't even considered that it could have been a scam! I was just concerned that it was a really, really odd thing to dream about and I might end up in the crazyhouse.
    Oh riiiight. 'cause that never crossed my mind and I wasn't being the slightest bit silly. Just like every other post on this page so that I've written so far.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-07-17 at 05:41 PM.
    BANG → !

29. - Top - End - #359
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

So you posted, then reported your own post, and then declined to fix your post? Or did you post, report your own post and in that post call yourself an idiot?

My head hurts.
    I posted, reported my own post (and in the report, myself-the-reporter called myself-the-poster an idiot), then myself-the-mod declined to fix the post or otherwise deal with the report personally (due to myself-the-mod being so close to myself-the-poster and myself-the-reporter).

Which reminds me of a quick question... what do the moderators do if a post is reported, but the post is also edited before the mods get around to it?

Like, let's say I called Rawhide a big meany-head stinky-pants, and someone reported it. Then I came to my senses and redacted the insult, and THEN you logged in to get the report.
    We see the original messages and the new ones. We then determine what happened, why, and decide on a course of action.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #360
    Banned

I feel like you should get two infractions, one for the original post, and then one for flaming yourself to the mods