New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Banned

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Either Bacon didn't notice that there are gender icons, or he's already learned not to trust them
    The latter. Having a Gender Issues unit in English has scarred me for life.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

I just figured you were lurking during Gender-Bender week.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I now have all sorts of grandiose ideas about parenting that will probably go out the window when it comes down to it.
    Most of mine certainly did.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Banned

I joined like 4 days ago ... :/

So, no

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Barbarian View Post
    I joined like 4 days ago ... :/

So, no
    Lurking. Lurking.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Lurking. Lurking.
    Lurking, yes. During Gender Bender week ... You wouldnt catch me on during such a week. Well, ... maybe.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Either Bacon didn't notice that there are gender icons, or he's already learned not to trust them
    Which would be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Most of mine certainly did.
    Well, some of them - like Not Going To Use Pacifiers - are things my parents did that, one assumes, are therefore reasonable. But some are ridiculous and fanciful and I know it.

8. - Top - End - #1028

Lurking, yes. During Gender Bender week ... You wouldnt catch me on during such a week. Well, ... maybe.
    You wouldn't be able to be on. Because you'd have been a lurker. And thus would not have an account. Q.E.D. because I'm pompous.

Anyway; I just ate what was in equal mass to an entire chicken. And it was delicious.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-21 at 08:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

He could have been lurking ON the forum during that week though.

...I had entirely too much fun during that week. #<w<# I give it credit for finalizing the design of my avatar, and encouraging me to try new things with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    He could have been lurking ON the forum during that week though.
    Bah. You with your technical uses for grammar and words.

...I had entirely too much fun during that week. #<w<# I give it credit for finalizing the design of my avatar, and encouraging me to try new things with it.
    I started singing 'Dancing with Myself' when you had your regular dancing with your genderbend (After the squee, of course). It was a little weird, as I didn't feel the beat worked with the boogie, but I did it anyway.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-21 at 08:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Banned

*snip* How come all the interesting ideas are stuff that could get you with infractions? I mean as long as people are civil ... *gumble, grumble*
    Last edited by Bacon Barbarian; 2010-07-21 at 08:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Because discussing topics wherein people have firmly-rooted beliefs that will not change tends to cause massive friction between two un-alike minds. Regardless of how civil the person usually is, when it comes to topics like that, a person will set aside the reasonable part of their mind and defend their standpoint, causing more and more friction from those who disagree, until one party is unsatisfied, and the other is smugly satisfied they have won, when all they have really done is created a great deal of friction between them and the other party that will stay with them and possibly leak into worse actions in the near future.

So to keep things from escalating like that, we just don't bring those topics up. There are other forums where you can have such debates, and this is not one of them. Sorry.

@Cobalt: Because it fit the theme, obviously. Also, I adore that avatar of mine. But I feel the need to try new things.

ION: My "bro", by which I mean my best friend for a long time, is in the Navy, and they are currently jerking him around from being on-duty to being on shore leave to being told to do stuff..it's rather unfortunate for him. :/ And of course the government will always feel free to wring you dry for one mistake. Mrrf...
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-07-21 at 08:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Banned

Because discussing topics wherein people have firmly-rooted beliefs that will not change tends to cause massive friction between two un-alike minds.
    Can people not have a discussion? Its always an entertaining experience when too opinionated people actually take the time to sit down and refute people's ideas.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Firbolg in the Playground

Do you know Afrikaans and Yiddish, or is that some horrible but probably hilarious internet translation site you used?
    While I'd love to claim to know both those languages, I used Google Language tools, picking them because a) they were at the top and bottom of the list, respectively and b) they're exotic enough that the translations probably aren't as good as, say, English to Spanish so if anyone does know them, they get the equivalent of a nice bit of Engrish.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Banned

Its interesting what languages are called. I though up until 4 months ago Hindi was called Indian ...

16. - Top - End - #1036

Can people not have a discussion? Its always an entertaining experience when too opinionated people actually take the time to sit down and refute people's ideas.
    You don't know the internet very well, do you. Civil discussions don't happen, because even if it starts with just a couple of guys speaking seriously about, say, certain taboo subjects that will not be touched upon here, there's nothing stopping someone from logging on and being a flaming little troll, fudging up the whole conversation, bringing up pedophilia for crying out loud, using the most annoying ad hominem tactics I've seen in three years, complaining to the Mods when no one’s on their side, and, and...!!

...What was I saying? Oh, right, people can’t keep civil, yadda yadda, flame wars, blah.

…What? No, I wasn’t speaking from personal experience, what are you talking about…

EDIT:
    Its interesting what languages are called. I though up until 4 months ago Hindi was called Indian ...
    There's some girl at my high school who swears on her life they speak Mexican below the border. It boggles my mind.

Someone else thinks that people from Mexico are the same as people from Spain. I kid you not.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-21 at 09:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Bah, summer itself is not boring, but it does leave me at home with little to nothing to do.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? I'm kind of limited. It must:
    -be inexpensive/free, as I have no job yet
    -not requiring a huge committment, as I may have a job in the near future
    -not need me to bring my own friends, as mine aren't fantastic wih planning ahead
    -not be something my parents would be unwilling to drive me to

Yes, I have had a fair bit of time to consider these criteria
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Banned

You don't know the internet very well, do you. Civil discussions don't happen, because even if it starts with just a couple of guys speaking seriously about, say, certain taboo subjects that will not be touched upon here, there's nothing stopping someone from logging on and being a flaming little troll, fudging up the whole conversation, bringing up pedophilia for crying out loud, using the most annoying ad hominem tactics I've seen in three years, complaining to the Mods when no one’s on their side, and, and...!!

...What was I saying? Oh, right, people can’t keep civil, yadda yadda, flame wars, blah.

…What? No, I wasn’t speaking from personal experience, what are you talking about…
    I thought this place was better than that.

If controversial subjects are banned, whys their an LGBT thread?

EDIT:

There's some girl at my high school who swears on her life they speak Mexican below the border. It boggles my mind.

Someone else thinks that people from Mexico are the same as people from Spain. I kid you not.
    I've said Mexican was a language before as ... Well, I meant like how Americans speak American English and the British speak Correct English? :/

My point was that their probably is some sort of dialect difference. I wouldnt know though.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been guessing people's gender based on their avatar, even though I know the gender icons are right there in my peripheral vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    Bah, summer itself is not boring, but it does leave me at home with little to nothing to do.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? I'm kind of limited. It must:
    -be inexpensive/free, as I have no job yet
    -not requiring a huge committment, as I may have a job in the near future
    -not need me to bring my own friends, as mine aren't fantastic wih planning ahead
    -not be something my parents would be unwilling to drive me to

Yes, I have had a fair bit of time to consider these criteria

Does it have to be something outside the house?

Actually, have you considered doing volunteer work with an organisation you're interested in? Although it's technically more like work than fun, it gets you out and doing something, it gives you a chance to meet new people, you can learn new skills, and you're helping out! Some volunteer opportunities require commitment, but plenty are happy to have you help out for a week or two, or whenever you can spare time.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I've been guessing people's gender based on their avatar, even though I know the gender icons are right there in my peripheral vision.
    I have horrible peripheral vision. Like ... Terrible

21. - Top - End - #1041

There is a difference between Mexican-Spanish and Spanish-Spanish, but not enough to call it a different sect of a language. People from Spain can still hold a conversation with people from Mexico. The only real differnece would be their accents. Such as how I'm capable of talking with Dogmantra, for example, and not have to refer myself to Google Translaters every sentence.

And there's a LGBTitp thread partly because that's not something decided by opinion or faith or what have you, and partly because it doesn't break any of the rules so long as no one flames it.

And while people here are better than that (better than flamers), it still doesn't stop someone from losing their head or from just being a jack, and so certain things that cause people to act that way (like politics and religion) aren't allowed here.

The only reason I used the word 'controversial,' by the way, is because the issue I was talking about in another forum is best described with that word. Politics and religion aren't really best suited to be blanketed with the term. It just fit with how I used it for something else.

And no, I'm not linking to the thread in question. I'm moving on.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-21 at 09:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Banned

There is a difference between Mexican-Spanish and Spanish-Spanish, but not enough to call it a different sect of a language. People from Spain can still hold a conversation with people from Mexico. The only real differnece would be their accents.
    Yeah ... People are silly.

And there's a LGBTitp thread partly because that's not something decided by opinion or faith or what have you, and partly because it doesn't break any of the rules so long as no one flames it.
    I ... *snip* ... as you said "controversial" stuff should be avoided ...

And while people here are better than that, it still doesn't stop someone from losing their head or from just being a jack, and so certain things (like politics and religion) aren't allowed here.
    Gotcha Cobalt Commander

The only reason I used the word 'controversial,' by the way, is because the issue I was talking about in another forum is best described with that word. Politics and religion aren't really best suited to be blanketed with the term. It just fit with how I used it for something else.
    Better word than, lets say, argumentative.
    Last edited by Bacon Barbarian; 2010-07-21 at 09:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1043

I don't really see how LGBT is controversial, anyway. Sexuality and gender/sex differences don't really-

Stopping myself before I bring Random Banter into LGBT. Stopping myself before I bring Random Banter into LGBT...

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Banned

A wise decision made. Unless ... Mods cant go and view PM chats can they?

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    While I'd love to claim to know both those languages, I used Google Language tools, picking them because a) they were at the top and bottom of the list, respectively and b) they're exotic enough that the translations probably aren't as good as, say, English to Spanish so if anyone does know them, they get the equivalent of a nice bit of Engrish.
    Which is fun. Yes. I see.

I thought this place was better than that.
    See, this place is better than that because those subjects are banned. If they weren't, it would be just like any other forum.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Yes, they can. But if I recall correctly, Roland made a post somewhere (I can't be bothered to go look) saying that they don't unless someone reports one of the PMs. So, for all I know, everyone around me could be having a grand ol' time with a PM conversation about how they're about to pull a fast one over on old Cobalt. But because they're all in on it (I'm on to you, Playground...) nobody is going to report it, and so the Mods aren't going to know when to come to my aid. help!
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-21 at 10:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Banned

See, this place is better than that because those subjects are banned. If they weren't, it would be just like any other forum.
    Well thats no fun ... Get the crazy started! ... Jk

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Firbolg in the Playground

Forum rules also apply to PM's. Sorry 'bout that.

Edit: In theory, at least.
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2010-07-21 at 10:09 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Forum rules also apply to PM's. Sorry 'bout that.

Edit: In theory, at least.
    And I was going to may a crack on politics ... Such a good setup to ... T.T

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hoo boy. I've had some pretty bad ones. A certain American asked me if I spoke French. I told him I wasn't from the French speaking part of Canada, and he then remembered that they spoke British in Canada.

On PMs: Someone PM'd me about politics the other day. I checked today and they're banned, so go figure.