New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Confirmed.

47 is enroute.

@Blue Ghost please ignore the bald man in a black suit with a red tie... this will soon be over.
    Send receipt and notification to Division Leader Five-Q.

Coverage of Suspects Seven through to Nineteen has proven them to be dangerous and cranky.
    I suggest we move them to the next level of security.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

I am not "cranky", I am chocolate-deprived! And it was YOU who were responsible for the culling of the tree line on my hillside and subsequent clear line of fire into the computer room!

Aha, so Froogleyboy's going to the dark side just to have the excuse to wear dark, heat-absorbing, warm clothing year-round!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Curly being suspiciously geeky.
    1) Are you, in fact, naked? ;o I mean, if I recall, you have switched species, and are clearly covered in fur. Does this not mean you are, by animal standards, clothed? Or does the lack of a collar equal nudity in the animal kingdom?

2) Yes, Star Trek (and Star Wars) are an extraordinary source of geekdom in the USA, possibly even moreso than Dr. Who in the UK. Truth be told, I'm a fan of TNG myself, but I wouldn't consider myself a rabid fan by any standards. I don't try to learn any of the languages, never go to a con, and don't dress up as any of the characters. Though there are enough people who do to say that yes, it does have an unhealthy fanbase. Especially for a series that is currently running on nothing but nostalgia.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    I am not "cranky", I am chocolate-deprived! And it was YOU who were responsible for the culling of the tree line on my hillside and subsequent clear line of fire into the computer room!
    Suspect Eleven is being obstreperous and paranoid. Call in Number 1.
    Repeat, call in Number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    1) Are you, in fact, naked? ;o I mean, if I recall, you have switched species, and are clearly covered in fur. Does this not mean you are, by animal standards, clothed? Or does the lack of a collar equal nudity in the animal kingdom?
    Female cat (aka my real life pet Smudge) becomes human nekkid dude. Opposites.
    Therefore female clothed Curly becomes male nekkid cat. Opposites.

I don't really know if you'd say a collar equals nudity in the animal kingdom otherwise you'd have to admit the pets with collars (a real minority) were naked.
    In that case it would be the, um, the clothists? Yeah, why not, it would be the clothists who were the weird ones.
    And to be honest, have you ever tried to keep a collar on a cat? It's really difficult.

2) Yes, Star Trek (and Star Wars) are an extraordinary source of geekdom in the USA, possibly even moreso than Dr. Who in the UK. Truth be told, I'm a fan of TNG myself, but I wouldn't consider myself a rabid fan by any standards. I don't try to learn any of the languages, never go to a con, and don't dress up as any of the characters. Though there are enough people who do to say that yes, it does have an unhealthy fanbase. Especially for a series that is currently running on nothing but nostalgia.
    Eh, I'm a wee bit of a Trekkie, I like to watch TOS, TNG, and I've seen all the movies.
    ANd to be honest, I think any series of anything at all is likely to have a section of their fanbase which is unhealthily obsessed with it.
    And if I can get my mother (who really doesn't like much sci-fi) into discussing the relative merits of all Eleven Doctors, the three or four versions of the Master and all the Doctor's other enemies I'd say that there's probably a point where a show just becomes a part of the cultural heritage of [insert country].
    She does have the added bonus of having been six or seven when the show began too.
    Now Doctor Who has nostalgia, but we have reboot!nostalgia as well.

ANd given the popularity of the last Star Trek movie, I'm just waiting for them to try and do a reboot!show as well.
    Actually, that'd be crazily funny. Them trying to do a reboot!TOS. The fanwars would power the globe. And implode the internet.

The series has already been contracted to do another two movies anyway, and it's been what, five years since they launched a Star Trek TV show. We're overdue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

And to be honest, have you ever tried to keep a collar on a cat? It's really difficult.
    I suspect if it bothered you in some way in your day-to-day life for your cat to be wearing a collar, your cat would manage to somehow find a collar and get it on himself.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

See, that's still the creepiest avatar I've seen on this website.

It actually causes me discomfit. Which is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #97

And if I can get my mother (who really doesn't like much sci-fi) into discussing the relative merits of all Eleven Doctors, the three or four versions of the Master and all the Doctor's other enemies I'd say that there's probably a point where a show just becomes a part of the cultural heritage of [insert country].
    There's a reason it was topping my list of things to put in my Nationality Week avatar.

And given the popularity of the last Star Trek movie, I'm just waiting for them to try and do a reboot!show as well.
    Actually, that'd be crazily funny. Them trying to do a reboot!TOS. The fanwars would power the globe. And implode the internet.

The series has already been contracted to do another two movies anyway, and it's been what, five years since they launched a Star Trek TV show. We're overdue.
    Oh, that'd be great. Actually, my experience of Star Trek is entirely the new movie, but that's enough to get me into it. Want more Spock.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #98

Suspect Eleven is being obstreperous and paranoid. Call in Number 1.
    Repeat, call in Number 1.
    You called?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Nudity and Star Trek.
    I see. *cuddles the confused male Curly kitty* ^o^

As for a new Star Trek...I think we're going to have to wait some time for that to come out. I have a strong feeling they're going to reboot it based on the movie, and that will definitely have some backlash, but what will cause more discomfort in the fan base is the bad taste left by the last series that they tried to push out. Enterprise was, by all accounts, an unmitigated failure.

However, with the popularity of the last movie still brimming in the public's mind, a new series, starring the new adventures of Kirk and Mr. Spock, may begin! That is...if they can get the movie actors to sit still long enough to cast for a TV series. Not sure how well movie actors will transition into TV roles. Or if they'll even be willing to, considering the absurd sums they get paid for being a movie actor.

They might be willing, but if not, then the last Movie may have doomed our hopes for a series reboot, since there's no way they could successfully pass off a whole series with anything but the crew that movie audiences are familiar with from the movie. Something ingrained into the public mind makes them reject the notion that directors might want to cast other actors into leading roles.

That, or we'd have to go for another non-Enterprise series, akin to Voyager and DS9, which I wouldn't mind.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Something ingrained into the public mind makes them reject the notion that directors might want to cast other actors into leading roles.
    Are you sure about that? I mean, continuity is great and all, but the exceptions are legion, and not noticeably less successful. 'Course, I can only bring the successful ones to mind, so it's hardly a controlled study, but still...
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

I am not entirely sure about that, actually. But it seems a safe enough bet. I find it hard to believe that the female fanbase, specifically, would be quite so attached to the series if they had to re-cast Spock.

What is it with Spock and his ability to magnetize the female audience anyway? I mean I'm just speaking from what I've heard and seen, but it seems like he always gets the ladies, despite being a logical, calculating being. Is the whole "hard to get" thing really that effective?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

I feel, randomly, that Eadin should add to her signature.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground

And why is that?
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Whenever I think of the Cheshire Cat, I think of the Cheshire Bat, and then I remember this:

"No arguments - if a baby cat is a kitten, a baby bat is a bitten."

So whenever I see your avatar, I think of the Cheshire Cat, which makes me think of the Cheshire Bat, which makes me think of the Cheshire Bitten.

15. - Top - End - #105

I am not entirely sure about that, actually. But it seems a safe enough bet. I find it hard to believe that the female fanbase, specifically, would be quite so attached to the series if they had to re-cast Spock.

What is it with Spock and his ability to magnetize the female audience anyway? I mean I'm just speaking from what I've heard and seen, but it seems like he always gets the ladies, despite being a logical, calculating being. Is the whole "hard to get" thing really that effective?
    Well, I'm not female, but I like him a lot because I really like the whole logic thing. I hold logic up as kind of an ideal to strive for, so a character who more or less embodies it is just awesome to me.
    I also like Spock because he's Zachary Quinto.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I didn't particularly care for original series Spock. Haven't seen the recent film so can't comment on that.

Tbh, I don't really care for any of the guys in any of the Star Treks I've seen. Except possibly Worf. Because he's awesome in both TNG and DS9.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I also like Spock because he's Zachary Quinto.
    I like Zachary Quinto because he's Spock. And Sylar. And he looks like Eli Roth.
    Who played in Inglourious Bastards.I love that movie
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

Not even Picard? o.O

Also I'd like to say that, in regards to the last bit of conversation in the last thread, that I have finally seen a pic of Curly and I must say that yes, you definitely fill the "cute" requirement.

Blue eyes <3

19. - Top - End - #109
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    Not even Picard? o.O
    I don't feel particularly attracted to older bald men at this moment of teenage existence.

And yes, Curly is awesome and cute.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I don't feel particularly attracted to older bald men at this moment of teenage existence.
    That's insane. Even I feel attracted to Picard at this moment of teenage existence, and I'm the most heterosexual guy this side of penis.

EDIT: Crap, Paris! Paris!
    Last edited by Phase; 2010-07-14 at 04:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting thread ya have here.

It doesn't so much meander but more staggers from one topic to another in a drunken stupor, throws up geeky stuff on the furniture and collapses on the floor, waiting for a friendly mod to put it to bed.

I may have to pass this way more often.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

She's a little bit misbehaved, but I do love her so. *hugs the Thread* And she's getting a bit better. We've maintained the discussion on Star Trek for almost a whole page now.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uwaaa!

I have no life! This summer, I've done 50 hours of community service for my library. I can't tell if its a good thing or a depressing thing.
    Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things.
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh Lord my back is absolutely killing me right now. Itīs like I have a colon of pain and agony in my back. The reason? Well I like puzzling a lot and had gotten a 2000 piece puzzle from my mom for my birthday. I can take on 3000 piece puzzles and finish them within 5 days. My mom however got me this puzzle. It's an absolute nightmare!

It looks as difficult as it is. The girls skin/face and the skull were easy. The red in her corset easy as well. The leaves and the dress? I've been working on those for two weeks now. Not none stop because I had school and the likes in it, but now I'm running out of time. It has to be finished this Saturday. Not only because my mom is sick of me hogging the dinner table, but because on Sunday I'm going on vacation. So I've spend every free moment of my time on this damn puzzle because I REFUSE TO GIVE IN AND LET THIS BLOODY THING WIN!!! At this point, I have finished every single puzzle I have ever gotten my hands on AND THIS ONE WILL NOT BE ANY DIFFERENT!

I shall conquer this stupid thing and then BURN IT'S PIECES TILL IT REACHES THE DARK DARK DEPT OF OBLIVION!
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    That's insane. Even I feel attracted to Picard at this moment of teenage existence, and I'm the most heterosexual guy this side of penis.

EDIT: Crap, Paris! Paris!
    Well, that shouldn't be especially hard. [/stereotype]

And it's not like you don't have a giant steel phallus erect in the middle of Paris, anyway.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Oh Lord my back is absolutely killing me right now. Itīs like I have a colon of pain and agony in my back. The reason? Well I like puzzling a lot and had gotten a 2000 piece puzzle from my mom for my birthday. I can take on 3000 piece puzzles and finish them within 5 days. My mom however got me this puzzle. It's an absolute nightmare!

It looks as difficult as it is. The girls skin/face and the skull were easy. The red in her corset easy as well. The leaves and the dress? I've been working on those for two weeks now. Not none stop because I had school and the likes in it, but now I'm running out of time. It has to be finished this Saturday. Not only because my mom is sick of me hogging the dinner table, but because on Sunday I'm going on vacation. So I've spend every free moment of my time on this damn puzzle because I REFUSE TO GIVE IN AND LET THIS BLOODY THING WIN!!! At this point, I have finished every single puzzle I have ever gotten my hands on AND THIS ONE WILL NOT BE ANY DIFFERENT!

I shall conquer this stupid thing and then BURN IT'S PIECES TILL IT REACHES THE DARK DARK DEPT OF OBLIVION!
    Good luck.
    I gave my mother this puzzle for Christmas one year, and she didn't like it at all. The bottom bit wasn't too bad, but the dark blue sky was apparently a nightmare, cause every puzzle piece looked the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Good luck.
    I gave my mother this puzzle for Christmas one year, and she didn't like it at all. The bottom bit wasn't too bad, but the dark blue sky was apparently a nightmare, cause every puzzle piece looked the same.
    I think I gave my mother the same one! She likes ridiculously hard puzzles, though, she does one a year and her favourite was a 5000-piece one of the Rosetta Stone.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I saw a horse with starry night painted on it just a few hours ago.

Similar horses are just popping up all around town. I blame the World Equestrian Games which start in 72 days, according to the electric countdown ticker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

I blame Horse Pope.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post

Best jigsaw puzzle I've ever seen was entirely a single shade of sky blue, had no straight edge pieces (edge pieces look just like normal pieces) and had five extra pieces that didn't fit anywhere.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak