New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Suicide Squad (IC)

Waiting in your cell you find a note from Edwin Halligaund, it reads as follows "We will begin our mission tonight, I will come by under the cover of darkness and we will leave unseen, prepare yourself for the mission, however first I must make very clear that there are rules to this
    1. You may not mention your arrangement with anyone
    2. Any order I say is to be seen as if given directly by the Archbishop and must be followed to the letter
    3. Minimize civilian awareness and casualties
    That is all, be ready tonight"
    I'm just a frat guy who loves DnD and musical theater

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Suicide Squad (IC)

Karrash reads the note and scowls I follow the demons of my homeland, not some archbishop, but a chance at freedom is something I can't afford to pass up

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"When you own nothing, it makes for easy packing, 'eh" Quanthill looked over at Nath, his snake, who didn't bother to reply, as usual. "Still, secret missions are more interesting than another evening in here. Who knows maybe we can look up... what was her name?" A shrug as he gets another no response. "Ahh well she's probably been married off by her father by now anyway. Still, whatever this mission is we don't want to go in looking all just out of the joint now do we.. Let's see if we can't get cleaned up some. "

Thus Q spent his time, as pretty much anyone in his situation did, waiting for something interesting to happen. Only this time, it came with clandestine meetings and secret notes in the night. Then again maybe it was another scam, and he'd be framed with more false charges or killed in an 'attempted escape'. It'd be an adventure either way; what was life without a little fun and excitement.
    Last edited by Nixed; 2010-07-24 at 11:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Adrian sat on his cot, thinking slowly to himself. He had no belongings, so nothing to prepare. His mind was ready, and the longer he sat, the more focused he became. By the time his mysterious benefactor came to release him for this suicidal mission, he would be ready.

Oh, yes. He would be more than ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a 20 on Concentration to achieve Psionic Focus.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

How am I to prepare for the unknown? Cig asked himself. He snapped his fingers, and a small ember leaped into the note, quickly eating through the document and leaving nothing in its wake but a small shower of ash. Edwin clearly didn't know what usually went into a job. The practice runs, the physical training, the patience. All Cigarette Hush could do to prepare for this job was to pace nervously in his cell, nervously repeating Edwin's words in his head:

Minimize civilian awareness and casualties...and casualties...casualties...

@DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Distracting Ember to create actual fire, because it's cool flavor. If you don't approve, let me know, and I'll take it out.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Don't mind me Hush, I wasn't going to read that or anything. Bragi was wondering just what sort of job would involve minimizing civilian casualties. Why would the civilians even be at risk in the first place? He went over to the corner and placed his hands on the stone wall, running his fingers along the grout between the stones as he prayed to Onatar to grant him spells for the evening. As he did, he prayed also for the protection of whatever civilians they might encounter. Then he prayed for some heavy duty armor(though he wasn't sure he'd actually be granted that one).
    Last edited by Chiron0224; 2010-07-26 at 09:14 AM.
    My characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

That night, several hours after sunset you all wait in your cells for Edwin. Down the hall you hear the slow, casual pat of feet on the ground. You see Edwin dressed in a all black, very elegant suit. He appoaches your cell and smiles, putting his finger over his lips to indicate quite and makes a show of pulling a key out of his pocket and opening the door and beconing you to follow him as he unlocks the door for the other four prisioners. He then walks you out of the prison through the back door where there are six horses waiting for you. Edwin hands each of you another note saying Stick with the other four, make some new freinds. Go north to the "Tipsy Dwarf Inn" and tell the bartender that you are part of the Hodgeman family, I meet you there as soon as I can. He rides to the east, disappearing in the forest

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

roll a spot and a listen check

8. - Top - End - #8

Cigarette's eyes darted around cautiously as he mounted his horse, and his ears pricked up at the slightest sound. After all, he was breaking out of prison, something that was certainly frowned upon in these parts.

(1d20+8)[17] Listen
    (1d20+4)[8] Spot

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bragi approaches his horse a little hesitantly. I don't suppose anyone wants to give me hand getting up onto this thing would you?. Bragi hadn't lived among the tall folk for very long and still found their strange pets a touch baffling. Also he had seen even the humans struggle to mount one of these and his legs weren't nearly as long as theirs.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[11] spot
    My characters

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

alright here is my listen roll and some extra text because I got a message saying that my post was too short so there.lol
    (1d20+3)[16] listen
    My characters

11. - Top - End - #11

Adrian mounted up carefully and quietly, paying little attention to his surroundings. His benefactor didn't seem like he wanted him to have to go back.

Besides, if someone did try to stop him, his mind was ready.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

12. - Top - End - #12

SamuraiGuy

Checks
    Spoiler
    Show

Listen
    (1d20-1)[2]
    Spot
    (1d20-1)[4]

Q wasn't particularly strong, but seeing no one else offering his new team member a hand up, and loitering outside of a prison they just were secretly released from a bad idea, he moved next to Bragi and interlacing his hands in an attempt to give him a foothold to step up. Hopefully after successfully getting the dwarf mounted, he mounts his own horse and moves with the rest of the group.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Thank ye kind sir.Using Q's help Bragi scrambles to climb onto the horses back in what could only be the most pitiful display of flailing about and groping for any kind of handhold on the saddle that any of the others had ever witnessed.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[10](I went ahead and added a +2 circumstance bonus from Qs help
    My characters

14. - Top - End - #14

Karrash mounts his horse and keeps an eye out for trouble. he didn't like horses but the situation called for it

Spoiler
    Show
    listen(1d20)[9]
    spot(1d20)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bragi and Cigarette
    Spoiler
    Show

Before Edwin picked you up you overhead a brief argument between Edwin and the prison guard. It ended with the guard stomping and muttering something unrecognizable.

After riding north for several hours you approach the the Tipsy Dwarf. It is a small building, only one story tall but there are over thirty horses waiting outside.

As you enter you see a very full tavern filled with creatures of every sort, dwarfs, orcs, elves, gnomes, mindflayers, teiflings and humans. There is a dwarf behind the bar who appears to have a wooden leg. In the corner you see a staircase going further down.
    Last edited by Doctor Acula; 2010-07-26 at 02:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

SamuraiGuy

Q steps in with the rest of the squad and after taking a moment to look around, noting any obvious exits (they are, after all recently out of jail, not to mention he's in a crowded bar, with a bunch of strangers who're also criminals, it pays to know the way out) along with any particularly law enforcing(see the very recently criminal comment), or lovely patrons(see recently jailed comment) he turns to his new companions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check if necessary:
    [roll]1d20-1[roll]

"Well lads, no reason to stand around looking suspicious lets go talk to our good barkeep. Pray to whomever you believe in that the Hodgeman family has a running tab and that we can partake in something a little more palatable than the turnip stew and toilet wine we've been consuming recently." His voice kept quiet enough that it aught not to carry over the din of the crowded Inn, a winning smile given and he starts to weave his way towards the bar. He talked with people, it's what he did and barring intervention from the rest of the group he was more than willing to take the lead here as well.

((edit: roll corrected in OOC thread to avoid clutter))
    Last edited by Nixed; 2010-07-26 at 03:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Q and Cigarette were like night and day--while the gregarious man chatted away with the crowd, the tiny gnome sat and propped his arms on the table, dropping his chin so as to hide his face in the shadows of his hood. As a barmaid passed by, the cloaked figure raised a hand to her and spoke so low, it was barely audible over the cacaphony of the scene:

"Whiskey with a twist, please. I'm with the Hodgeman family."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quanthill
    Spoiler
    Show

You notice three windows on each wall. You also notice several paladins laughing loudly around a table enjoying each other's company. There is also a group of females an elf, two halflings, and one drow.

Cigarette's drink is brought to him, the waiter also brings a key You said you were with the Hodgeman's right? This is your room key, it's ready whenever you are. attached to the key is a small wooden tag which reads "428"

19. - Top - End - #19

Cigarette gives a small, sharp nod and pockets the key. He raises the whiskey to his lips and takes a short sip, then lowers the glass to the table and sits silently, watching the bustling scene around him.

20. - Top - End - #20

Karrash leans over to cigarette as he's given the key "Lets go up there soon. The last time I was in a place like this it ended badly"

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Throwing caution to the wind Bragi walks right up to the barkeep.(in Dwarven) Pint of the firebeard if ye've got any. If not, just give me something that doesn't taste like the pisswater these tall folk drink.. After recieving his drink(whatever it may be) he begins singing a loud and raucous dwarven drinking song and pounding his beverage. By the way lad he says to the barkeep I be a guest of the hodginson family. Was it Hodgins?, Hodgepodge?, Hoggetown?
    My characters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

The barkeep laughingly says Sorry mate, I can't help ye if your too drunk too remember your own name, I've never seen a dwarf hold his lager so weak as ye.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

(dwarven)Not my name, lad. The name of the family what I be a guest of. Where are me mates?. I turn around and head over to find the others.

(btw, Bragi isn't drunk yet, just lively, and since he didn't have a chance to read the note earlier before someone burned it, he can't remember the name. However, it does still make sense that the barkeep is mistaken)
    My characters

24. - Top - End - #24

SamuraiGuy

(( figuring that even with Bragi speaking dwarven the fumbling of the name should be obvious enough)) "Hodgeman" Q supplied for Bragi as he moved next to him at the bar. "Looks like the others have found themselves a table" nodding over in the general direction of Cig, Karrash and half the rest of the establishment for that matter. How about we go see what all this is about now so that we can enjoy the rest of the evening?" Q takes his already ordered drink and heads over that way hoping the dwarf will follow. As much as he'd like to get a little rowdy himself and maybe talk to a few of those elves something seemed a bit off, and laying low might be the best course of action for the moment.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bragi turns around and follows him back though he's keeping an eye out for chesty dwarven broads.
    My characters

26. - Top - End - #26

Cig watches the two more talkative members of the group with unflinching eyes. Shaking his head slightly, he mutters to Karrash, barely above a whisper: "Watch these two. Loose talkers like them can land us back in the locker."

27. - Top - End - #27

Karrash responds to cig with a nod

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

28. - Top - End - #28

Adrian held to his silence as he sat down at the table, looking at his fellow inmates. Wondering what sort of men they were. The sort he had killed? Or perhaps, by some freak chance, they were all as misunderstood as he?
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

SamuraiGuy

Takes a seat at the table with the others, doing his best not to look like he's sulking in the corner. It further showed a difference on philosophy between him and the others, the theory being that a couple of guys coming into a bar, a having a drink or two and a laugh would be much less suspicious than a group of men stepping in, interacting with no one as they sat hidden in a corner speaking in hushed voices.
    "So we're here, now what?" The question more posed to determine what the others were thinking rather than due to a lack of ideas himself.
    Last edited by Nixed; 2010-07-27 at 01:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Karrash responds impatiently "Lets go to the room already and get this over with"

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.