New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Multiverse IC

Emily

Your share? What else do you see from this fight that could be split up? No comrade, the construct belongs to us all.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander acknowledges Emily's protest with little more than a glance in her direction. He turns away from the cowering demon entirely, supremely unconcerned that he is presenting his back to a potential enemy.
    "I think our next course of action is clear. The demon will take us to the liches, it ought to know the way."

3. - Top - End - #273

The machine babau slithers on the ground, with a clearly disgusted look on his metallic face at what the party asks of him.

You ask a lot of me... If you take me back there and you get defeated then I go back to the suffering. If you win and leave me behind then there's no safe place for me in this plane when Orcus unleashes his revenge!

The babau then stays silent for several moments, aparently thinking carefully about what to say next.

Very well, I'll guide you, but you must promise you'll drop me in some other plane after your business here is finished!

The liches you seek are four levels below us. I don't know exactly how many of them there are, they love to hide and disguise themselves, not trusting each other that much..., I would say around six... And four demon princes and their lesser minions to watch over them, that I can guarantee you... And one freakingly big meat golem, with something very important inside it, because the liches were always entering and exiting it's belly. Everybody else comes and goes now and then from that level but the Golem always stays.

Now I could guide you trough the mazes here, but you look damn strong! Perhaps you could just smash trough the floors and walls? I'll point you in the right direction!

Again, the babau seems sincere on most of his tale, but something sounds fishy about the last part.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-21 at 04:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

I already said that we would take you with us...IF you prove to be helpful and dont stab us in the back.
    And as for smashing through floors, I dont like that plan much. Creates far too much noise, everyone hears us coming. You just lead on, we'll do the rest.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #275

Y-Yes, sorry for mishearing you great one, please follow this miserable being!

The babau steps back bowing several times, gives a quick glance towards Alexander, then turns and starts to cautiously walk trough down the corridor, stoping now and then carefully analyzing his surroundings before continuing forwards.

You lose sense of time as you go trough what seems like endless galleries and dark rooms. Sometimes you think you notice stuff moving in the corner of your eyes, but when you turn nothing is there but cold masonry. Dripping and crawling sounds echoing around you, coming from no direction in particular.

The arcquitecture gets more creepy and bizzarre as you descend, with sculptures and revels of demons being replaced by "things" whitout any humanoid traits left, just dozens of limbs and heads over aberrant structures. Some of the places you pass trough look like they should crumble over their own weight, others seem to change slightly every time you at them.

Then, after you descended what looks like two levels whitout any oposition, and you're crossing a massive gallery supported by twisted columns, you start to hear it. Almost impercitible at first, but quickly growing, the sound of countless foots, hoofs, flaping wings, clinging metal, fiendish screams and inhuman screeches coming from behind you, making the ground itself tremble.

Ah, something's coming!-screams the Babau- It wasn't me, I swear it! Please protect me oh great ones! Don't let them get me!

The babau kneels before you again, sobbing. The sounds are still distant , but they're quickly geting closer and closer by the second.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-25 at 12:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar looks quickly for some spot where the party can back into, so that they are not overwhelmed and surrounded by whatever is coming.

To the babau Do you have any idea of what is coming? Youve lived down here, what are we hearing

To the others If you've got any useful buffs, protections or blasty first shot magic, now would be the time to get it ready

Her swords are all out and in the ready position.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #277

Besides the southern passage from where you came and the enemy sounds are coming, Linteshar sees two more passages from her position, one to the west, with a half-crumbled metal gate from behind wich a faint green light glows, and another passage to the north, with a large arc revealing nothing but darkness inside it. The Babau answers:

Those screams... They have no names I know off but I heard one of the liches comment they're our ancestors, or at least what's left of them! Ancient, forgoten things, behind life and death, that roam this crypts since times immemorial, stalking and ganking whoever enters them! They killed me five times before I managed to exit this level, but I don't remember they being this many! Since we're a large group they must've been banding togheter to try to overwhelm us!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-26 at 05:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar looks to the rest of the group

Make a choice, and quickly. The passage to the west is more defensible, and even if there is something beyond that gate, if everyone else fears these things as much, they wont try to sneak up on us. If we go north, theres no guarantee about what we find, and we're likely going to have to make a stand somewhere.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Emily

We're going to have to make a stand no matter which path we choose.
    Emily says, smirking slightly (not the most reassuring thing when on a trolls face).
    But you're right, a decision must be made, and quickly. I suppose I cast my vote for the West.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Hearing no dissenting votes, Linteshar leads the way, slithering into the western passage, and positioning herself so that the spell casters can get behind her to safety and she can block the corridor when whatever is coming for them arrives.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander takes up position next to Linteshar, tense and looking rather eager for combat to commence. He remains unarmed, of course - or, at least, as "unarmed" as he ever is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I ready an action to throw a Starfury at the first creature to come into my line-of-sight?

12. - Top - End - #282

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes you can. Mind rolling it ahead?

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking the form of a crimson dragon with an otherwordly touch, Zer'ahn clambers over to Linteshar, standing next to her.

Spoiler
    Show

Ready an action to use my breath weapon:

60 Electricity damage in a 30' cone, reflex DC 39 for half.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, here's the rolls for Starfury..
    Attack 1: (1d20+51)[59], damage (1d2+13)[15]
    Attack 2: (1d20+51)[69], damage (1d2+13)[15]
    Attack 3: (1d20+51)[55], damage (1d2+13)[14]
    Attack 4: (1d20+51)[64], damage (1d2+13)[15]
    Additional damage from secondary hits: (80d6)[274], reflex DC 37 for half. All damage is dessication damage (Energized Incantations III feat).

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Emily

Not one to be left behind, Emily assumes her war form at takes position on the other side of Linteshar.