New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Suicide Squad (IC)

"Siddown," the little man growls as Karrash gets antsy. "Sit, sip your drink, and realize that this is what's at stake. If I'm working with you, I need names and specialties. I'm Cig, and I focus on entry and exit. What about you?" he asks, turning nothing but his eyeballs towards Adrian.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karrash growls at cig's rebuke, but calms down and answers "I am Karrash. I use demonic magics"
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-07-27 at 03:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

3. - Top - End - #33

Adrian speaks very softly, just loud enough to be heard over the background murmur. "I am Adrian Manus. I was imprisoned for the crime of murder. Strange, though. They never did find the weapon."
    Last edited by Maeglin_Dubh; 2010-07-27 at 04:13 PM.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I was getting to know wrong young noble woman at a party I wasn't explicitly invited to. Some others took offense, there was a scuffle and an accidental fire, they found out I have some Talent and next thing I know I'm locked away. I can talk myself out of a lot of situations, but apparently paid off lawmen and angry magistrates are not on that list. " He shrugs and takes another sip of his drink, leaving things vague enough to not specifically admit to anything while giving anyone who knew anything an idea what he meant at least.

5. - Top - End - #35

Karrash decides to chip in to these stories "I got into a fight in a tavern like this one. Some lout insulted my tattoos so killed him in the name of my tribe. The guards threw me in prison without a trial when they saw me. I think it wasn't the murder that bothered them so much as me eating the corpse. Where I come from claiming the flesh of a fallen enemy is a symbol of victory, but here they lock you up for it. It's weird if you ask me"
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-07-28 at 01:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Across the bar a young elven maid with long red hair eyes the table seductively, however you can't tell which one of you she's eyeing.
    I'm just a frat guy who loves DnD and musical theater

7. - Top - End - #37

SamuraiGuy

Looks over at Karrash. "I've heard of such beliefs. Hopefully you were included in whatever this is for the magic and not your dietary preferences." A quick grin given to the man. An attempt to spin the information and limit any other unease or prejudice anyone may have about the subject. A bigger smile offered over towards the bar as the red head catches his eye, then turning back to the table, an attempted change in subject to help with glossing over the man eating aspect of the story.

Anyway, after the good dwarf here has his say, I see two potential courses of action. Unless anyone else knows anything about this area, it might be wise to spend some time up here trying to figure out where we are and what if anything we could be walking into in the area. The other being to go to the room you mentioned and to see if there is anything there for us to learn. I'm not particularly keen on going down those stairs into somewhere we haven't been blind, but seeing how the first thing that happened is we were directed down there, that might be the best option.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Me? I be a high priest of Onatar. I journeyed into human lands to visit me brother Snorri who had emmigrated to work as a smith for the tall folk. Well, one woman ended up comin' over to me one night as I drank in the local tavern and started admirin' me beard and talking about the forge and stone and things such as I didn't know the tall ones even be interested in. She was tall for me taste, but chesty like a dwarven lass, and we chatted till midnight then retired to me room for a little o' the old "excavation" as we say in the mountains. Well, the next morning I left for home and she felt spurned, so she cried rape to the local guard. As luck would have it she be the beard chasing daughter of the local lord, so I didn't stand a chance in court. Beard chasers, by the way, are what we call the tall ones what like us dwarves.Bragi noticed the red headed elf checking them out. Then turned to the others.It's been a while for me, but I not be that desperate.
    My characters

9. - Top - End - #39

Cigarette raises an eyebrow at Bragi's story. "Yeah," he says with a dry laugh, "everyone's innocent, aren't they?" The gnome shifts his weight uneasily in his chair. "None of us are to leave this building. Edwin said he would meet us here, so we should just finish our drinks quietly and head to our room. Keep a low profile. Hells, he may already be waiting for us." As he finishes speaking, the small man takes his second sip of whiskey, placing the glass back on the table without a sound. "Personally, I'm ready. Who else?"

10. - Top - End - #40

At Cigarette's last statement, Aiden stood silently and began walking in the direction of their room. He had noticed the she-elf, and tried to remember if she was someone he had known before his capture.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge:Local - (1d20+4)[6]
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aiden can't recall if he ever met this woman before. As he walks to the only staircase in the room he notices that it goes down, not up. The entire inn part of this building was carved directly into the earth. a huge spiral stair case that must go 50 stories down. Looking at the first door he sees the numbers 001 etched into the door.

12. - Top - End - #42

SamuraiGuy

Trying not to rock the boat any so early he follows the others to the stairway, slowly with another glance cast over towards the bar. "Oh good, it's even less inviting and escapable than I thought. " Looking down the stairway into the depths below. Shakes his head stepping aside and looking at Bragi. " This appears to be your area of expertise Sir Dwarf. After you." Another grin given and he waits back, taking the chance to glance around and see if anyone seems to be taking notice of their movements.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot Check:
    (1d20-1)[14]
    Last edited by Nixed; 2010-07-28 at 11:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

The red headed elf is following you with her eyes, other than that noone seems to care.

14. - Top - End - #44

Karrash gets up with every one else and swiftly walks in the direction of the rooms "About damn time"

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

You approach your room and open the door, inside are six beds. Placed on every bed is a large wooden trunk. In the center of the room there is also a a large table filled with food that has gone cold and two barrels full of ale with six cups.

16. - Top - End - #46

Karrash tears into the food like a wild animal

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bragi, excited by the fact that the rooms are subteranean, almost runs ahead of the others. Upon noticing the ale and cups, he procedes to attempt to drink himself stupid(though it will not be easy seeing as how he's a dwarf).

Spoiler
    Show

[roll]1d20+3+2[/roll] fort to resist drunkeness +2 for poison resistance
    My characters

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Not really sure why the roll didn't work, let me try again.
    (1d20+5)[16]
    My characters

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bragi continues to drink and drink heavily, showing litte sign of repercussion.

20. - Top - End - #50

SamuraiGuy

Q hangs out in the doorway after everyone else makes their way into the room, listening for the sound of footsteps echoing down the long staircase above them, hoping not to hear any. If there were to be trouble now, they're all but trapped.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-1)[15]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quanthill hears a few people on the staircase, however it seems that they are just entering and leaving their own rooms.

22. - Top - End - #52

SamuraiGuy

His concerns somewhat lessened, if not removed he enters the room and takes a look at one of the chests on whatever bed hasn't yet been occupied, leaving the door open enough to hopefully allow any approaching sounds to be noticed.

23. - Top - End - #53

Adrian walked by the table with the food, snatching a hunk of bread on his way to the corner of the room. He settled down on it in an uncomfortable-looking squat, absently chewing on the bread.
    Last edited by Maeglin_Dubh; 2010-07-30 at 07:03 AM.
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inside the chest Quanthill finds Leather armor , four daggers, a light crossbow, 20 bolts, backpack, belt pouch, bedroll, flint and steel, two sunrods, ten days worth of trail rations, 50 feet of hempen rope, and waterskin
    Last edited by Doctor Acula; 2010-07-30 at 07:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Seeing that Quanthil found equipment in one of the chests, Karrash decides toopen one and see if there's anything of use to him

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Opening another of the six boxes Karrash finds three piles of papers placed in separate leather folders.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bragi, seeing that it's just like forge day(the dwarven christmas) runs over and opens one of the chests, hoping it's for him.
    My characters

28. - Top - End - #58

Karrash reads the papers to see if there's anything of note, then looks for equipment in another chest
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-07-30 at 10:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

29. - Top - End - #59

Cig follows suit, opening one of the chests while keeping a watchful eye on what the others were opening. He wasn't about to let another thief get the best of him.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bragi
    Spoiler
    Show

In the chest you find leather armor, a light crossbow, a morning star, backpack, belt pouch, bedroll, flint and steel, two sunrods, ten days worth of trail rations, 50 feet of hempen rope, and waterskin

Karrash
    Spoiler
    Show

The papers are separated into three groups. The first group details the crimes of yourself and your fellow prisoners. The second group of papers details a series of reports in the area of various travelers claiming to have been robbed by a band of highway men, there is also a map of the nearby area with several circles in certain areas including those areas closest to where the road meets the forest. The third group of papers contains five dossiers illustrating five people: Adrian Hodgeman (a human merchant who is out looking for wares for his family's store), Jonami Hodgeman (the brother of Adrain), Kipplani Hodgeman (another one of the Hodgeman brothers), Hibbnibin Vorsuth (a gnomeish bard who is traveling with his freind Jonami) and Frensh Speanilik (a dwarvish appraiser the Hodgeman brothers have hired for their trip).

Cigarette
    Spoiler
    Show

In the chest you find a holy symbol for Ontar, a war hammer, A Chain Mail suit of armor, backpack, belt pouch, bedroll, flint and steel, two sunrods, ten days worth of trail rations, 50 feet of hempen rope, and waterskin