New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: old computer games i forgot their name

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Anyone, please? I googled like mad for this game, even went trough a video with a picture of every single Sega Megadrive game ever, no luck
    Are you 100% sure it was a Genesis/Megadrive game and not a Master System?

I didn't own either console, so I can't help much more than that I'm afraid.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sure. We only had the Megadrive and that's where I played it.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-02-28 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright Playgrounders, there's an old game I would like to find and I'm wondering if you can help me out.

I played a demo of this game repeatedly a long, long time ago (late 90s - early 00s), but I've completely forgotten the name. Anyway, it's a space sim that starts with the characters busting out of a prison space station and escaping on some sort of mining ship. They include a wisecracking American-sounding guy, an aggressive woman (I think she was a red-head), a sarcastic British cyborg, a somewhat cowardly merchant type and a scary assassin chick with a black ponytail. They switch the stolen ship's IFF beacon for one that makes the ship's name appear as the Mona Lisa and when they happen across some cops, the American guy pretends to be some spoiled rich kid to throw them off.

They end up holing up on an old space station that belonged to the American guy's grandmother, who was apparently a pirate. There was also some government organization called MAAS.

Any of this ringing any bells, Playgrounders?
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knight13 View Post
    Alright Playgrounders, there's an old game I would like to find and I'm wondering if you can help me out.

They end up holing up on an old space station that belonged to the American guy's grandmother, who was apparently a pirate. There was also some government organization called MAAS.

Any of this ringing any bells, Playgrounders?
    No bells, but some research shows that this game is:
    Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Darn it, I was about to say that! Played I-War 2 many years ago, and it is seared into my memory as one of the most frustratingly difficult games I've ever played--and I played the original X-Wing, so I know of what I speak here...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

No bells, but some research shows that this game is:
    Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos
    That is indeed it! Thank you very much.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I do believe that is Total Annihilation.

And the second game (more of a spinoff) I think is Total Annihilation: Kingdoms
    Thanks a lot, Dogmantra!!! I searched a lot for them cause a lot of things come up when you search for games, and especially these kind of games that have a lot of elements in them. Beautiful games! Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

This one has been bugging me for a long time now, despite me only ever playing a demo of it from a cover CD:

The genre was "turn-based tactical shooter with squad of space marine-types fighting melee-oriented aliens in an isometric maze".

These were space marines in the generic sense, not 40k ones, so it wouldn't be Space Hulk or Space Crusade. It wasn't Laser Squad either. Nor was it anything to do with the Aliens series.

The aliens (at least the ones you fought in the demo) were green, reptiloid-looking things).

The games used ploygons (not sprites), which may have been quite novel at the time, although my memory is hazy as to when it came out, so that migt not be that relevant.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    This one has been bugging me for a long time now, despite me only ever playing a demo of it from a cover CD:

The genre was "turn-based tactical shooter with squad of space marine-types fighting melee-oriented aliens in an isometric maze".

These were space marines in the generic sense, not 40k ones, so it wouldn't be Space Hulk or Space Crusade. It wasn't Laser Squad either. Nor was it anything to do with the Aliens series.

The aliens (at least the ones you fought in the demo) were green, reptiloid-looking things).

The games used ploygons (not sprites), which may have been quite novel at the time, although my memory is hazy as to when it came out, so that migt not be that relevant.
    Incubation, possibly?