New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Okay so Callos told me it was okay to start a new day. Once you guys are done with your conversations be free to join in. Also I just picked a random color for Jane's voice so if I got someone else's I'll be happy to change it.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Shucks, I had something planned for the late night hours.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Shucks, I had something planned for the late night hours.
    I think you can still do it. Just put...

[Earlier at 2:00 am]

...at the top of your post, or something like that.

Edit: In other questions, which middle school would Jason most likely be attending?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-09-01 at 05:14 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I think you can still do it. Just put...

[Earlier at 2:00 am]

...at the top of your post, or something like that.

Edit: In other questions, which middle school would Jason most likely be attending?
    Most attend Onizuka Middle School, though Azabu Academy is open if Jason is the wealthier sort.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Most attend Onizuka Middle School, though Azabu Academy is open if Jason is the wealthier sort.
    Thanks.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't have anything to add with Hinata to the past night's restaurant scene. Hajime and others can just assume the "cute new waitress in red dress" brings them their assorted dishes.

I don't have much to add either for the new school, seeing that he studies in a place with no other characters around. I am, however, interested in the events of past night in that alleyway. Would it be okay for Hinata to stop by? Also, if you imagine the scene going on for a while, maybe it would be proper to make an Episode for it, so we won't clutter the main thread?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I am, however, interested in the events of past night in that alleyway. Would it be okay for Hinata to stop by? Also, if you imagine the scene going on for a while, maybe it would be proper to make an Episode for it, so we won't clutter the main thread?
    To my understanding, the events of the alleyway aren't supposed to go on for too terribly long and are mostly a set-up for plot stuff to happen tomorrow. That said, I don't mind if Hinata passes by, but wait until 13 gives the yea or nah because I don't know if that would interfere with things or not.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

Quick question. In this situation, which grades count as middle school and which ones high school?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #639

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Quick question. In this situation, which grades count as middle school and which ones high school?
    Behold the reason Jane's schedule is unreadable. I got no clue what class she's supposed to be in.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Behold the reason Jane's schedule is unreadable. I got no clue what class she's supposed to be in.
    15 year olds would be in class 2-x (x being whatever class they are in), 14 year olds would be in class 1-x and so on.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    To my understanding, the events of the alleyway aren't supposed to go on for too terribly long and are mostly a set-up for plot stuff to happen tomorrow. That said, I don't mind if Hinata passes by, but wait until 13 gives the yea or nah because I don't know if that would interfere with things or not.
    *Gives a yea*

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Wow! You're a whole person who can drink older tha- sorry

Well, I hope you have a great birthday! Since I'm in the states, I'm going around sneaking up on everyone, but since it's your birthday, I'll take you off my list.

Age is good though! It gives you wisdom and superiority. And always remember this: growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
    I'm in South Portland, if you wanna come visit! Campus security might not like you ninja'ing around though.

Okay, so that the good folks won't accidentally make powers that overlap with others, here's the list I was talking about. Shades, would you mind putting this in the OP somewhere?

Powers List

Communication with falcons (Animal Empathy (Falcon)): Sato Catarino [Mazimum Zersk]

Control/reprogram electronics (Technokinesis): Sato Cici [Mazimum Zersk]

Analysis and control over organic compounds (Blood Control): Fujii Hinata [Frozen Feet]

Control over the optimal course of causality (Continuum Shift): Hazuma Takeshi [Innis Cabal]

Exertion of equal and opposite force (Neutral Force): Hitsushi Tsutomu [Shades of Gray]

Telepathy and control over higher brain functions (Open Mind): Jane Walker [Lillith]

Forced pleasure sensations (Bliss Maker): Kan Kei [Nothingclever]

Teleportation of self and nearby objects (Instant Teleportation): Kasusa Sakurako [Callos de Terran]

Conversion of matter into an inert substance (Dissolution): Kiyoshi Jirou [Anyr]

Fine telekinetic control over matter, rapid analysis and understanding of mechanical constructs (Machine Affinity): Rose Waterpool [Purple Rose]

Remote sensing (Ghost): Tennori Masahito [13 CBS]

Control over electricity (Lightning Blade): Tsukiri Hisagi

Pyrokinesis, ability to raise the thermal energy in matter (Burn Out): Yagami Meiryoku [Moon Wolf]

Manipulation of local relativity for increasing movement speed (Relativity Changing): Yamamoto Katsu [Keveak]

Localized manipulation of gravity (Gravity Manipulation): Yuki Toshi [Silverraptor]

Manipulation of rate and direction of plant growth (Chloro Marionette): Morio Hajjime [Inyuthebeatis]

Generation of photons (Radiance Genesis): Harada Rin [Vael]

Structural reinforcement of the body, stamina boost (Enduring Bastion): Kanazuchi Kazumi

Redirection of photons (Optic Refraction): Seiko Intoku [Arkturus]

Rearrangement of the molecular structure of matter (Mend): Hazuma Alanna [Da Mongoose]

Hydrokinesis; control over the viscosity, density, and state of water (Tidal Wave): Macarius Amann [Da Mongoose]

...and that's all I could find (Fri was throwing around some ideas, but he seems to be AWOL at the moment).
    ... I feel loved Just Kidding. Easy mistake to make, as I am a master of not getting on to post lately. Still trying to sort out what Yuki should be doing though.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

13. - Top - End - #643
    Pixie in the Playground

Some final changes to my characters. Just need some feedback then I'm going to put them on the wiki.

Name: Seiko (Truth/Force) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: Nightmare Labyrinth
    Level: 4
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School, Judgment
    Spoiler
    Show

Description

Appearance:
    Seiko has short dark blue hair, grey eyes, and glasses. He is a smart-casual kind of dresser. Seiko’s wardrobe consists of button-down shirts, slacks, ties, vests, and casual clothing (jeans and t-shirts). He wears his uniform normally at school. Since he is part of Judgment, Seiko wears the standard Judgment Armband.

Personality:
    Seiko is a pleasant person on the surface. Well-mannered, a smile for all, optimistic, and understanding person. On the inside, he is doubtful and pessimistic. He often doubts his work of putting others to “justice”. States that he has given up on humanity.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Optic Refraction
    Seiko’s ability is the power of bending light. He can create illusions, become invisible, or block out the light of a certain area completely. Most often used deceitfully.

Additional Uses:
    Seiko can focus ultraviolet rays on someone to give a tan or sunburn. However, it requires that the target doesn’t move too much and takes a significant amount of focus.

Spoiler
    Show

Level 1: Can change color of small lights (LED sized). Seiko is also able to make lights slightly dimmer. Target needs to be in sight.

Level 2: Can change color of larger lights (light bulb sized) and make lights significantly dimmer. Able to produce a faint, simple, and static image. Target needs to stay in sight.

Level 3: Can change color of large lights (street lamp to spotlight sized) and make them dark. Able to produce well-defined, complex, and static image (or faint and moving). Can become transparent. Target needs to be in sight. Can control light in peoples’ eyes.

Level 4: Can change color of very large lights (movie theater screen sized) and make them dark. Able to produce well-defined, complex, and moving images. Can become fully invisible and other people in a 2 foot radius as well. Target does not need to be in sight. Can control light in peoples’ eyes.

Level 5: Can change color of huge lights (think the huge TV displays in New York except 3 times bigger). Able to produce well-defined, complex, and moving images. Can become fully invisible and make others within a 5 foot radius invisible too. Target does not need to be in sight. Can control light in peoples’ eyes.

Physical Traits:
    Smile for all – he’s rarely seen in public looking sad or angry. A type of poker face.
    Good looking – the girls like him. Not drop-dead gorgeous, just above average.
    Athleticism – average strength but has lots of stamina.
    Pragmatic fighter – when it gets down to a fight, he can be quite deadly. Not because he’s strong, but because he uses lethal techniques. Can also disarm and incapacitate threats easily due to Judgment training.
    Ventriloquist - He can throw his voice anywhere and mimic a range of voices.

Mental Traits:
    Good grades – He’s smart.
    Tactical – Never engages head-on. Exploits weaknesses and uses surroundings.
    Enigmatic – Hard to tell what’s going on in his head.
    Sibling love – cares for his sister. Overprotective at times.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – basic everyday item for a teenager.
    Flashlight/laser pointer pen – can be used with his powers as an additional light source.
    Glasses – can be used as a medium to magnify his powers.
    Hidden weapons – Seiko’s ability makes it easy to hid things. Usually, he either has a stun gun, brass knuckles, or an air soft pistol (shoots bb’s).

Name: Mitsu (Light) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: ???
    Level: 0
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School
    Spoiler
    Show

Description

Appearance:
    Mitsu is a shy girl. She has long blue hair and purple eyes. She wears the regular Onizuka uniform. When out of school, Mitsu often wears long skirts or dresses. She wears a silver moon-shaped pendant, a present from Seiko.

Personality:
    Mitsu is a timid and innocent girl. Though, she can be cutely stubborn at times. Mitsu takes some time to warm up to others. When she does, Mitsu is a loyal and caring friend. She sticks around Seiko a lot.

Abilities

Esper Ability: N/A

Physical Traits:
    Athleticism – under average.
    Housework skills – good with chores and cooking.
    Good singer – can sing beautifully. Can get easily embarrassed though and messes up.

Mental Traits:
    Good memory – she has a large mental notepad.
    Observant – easily notices small minute details, although she may not know what they mean.
    Sibling love – really loves her brother.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – To contact her brother and vise versa.
    Frying pan – can be used to concoct a heavenly meal or beat up the occasional burglar.

Back-story:
    Spoiler
    Show

Seiko and Mitsu once lived with their wealthy father and mother. Mother died of terminal illness. The Father became sad, which leads to (evil) stepmother. Stepmother kills Father (for money), making it look like an accident with the help of a corrupt police official. Seiko finds out about it after the funeral (leading to his pessimistic perspective of life). Stepmother doesn’t want the children so she sends them to Academy City. This was done to make the least amount of fuss. However, she feels responsible for them, so she sends money to them every month.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

14. - Top - End - #644

Ooh, I'm interested in this! I love Railgun!

Is there a character thread where I can view the format being used to present a character, or should I just wing it?

Character Ideas:
    Level 4 Judgement member who manipulates the vibration of molecules to create and control sound waves. Control over Sonics, basically. Has total faith in the board members of Academy City, believes that movie soundtracks are the only music worth listening to, and spends most of her time with a set of industrial sound-dampers over her ears. Helps out in crowd control a lot. Nicknamed "Judgement's Banshee", a name she takes absurd pride in (ignoring its negative connotations).

Level 3 con artist with the ability to "convince" people's minds of something, with circumstantial evidence making the illusion more convincing as their brains have less to fill in. Obvious lies are ignored, strong emotions make it difficult to plant the initial idea, there's no physical element to it (no fooling cameras) and the idea must be communicated through the senses. Saying "I'm George Bush!" would lead people to focus entirely on your similarities to George Bush to the point that they were convinced you were him - but the brain would pick up discrepancies quite quickly, so it would be much more effective if you dyed your hair grey, affected a Texan accent, had a suit and bodyguards, or they didn't really have a clear idea of Bush's appearance or mannerisms. "You're in love with me" is not only icky, but an idea with no evidence and a strong emotional reaction, so it would be damn-near impossible to plant.

Level 1 Judgement with the ability to absorb any type of energy from matter in contact with his skin, converting it to chemical energy within his own body. A power with great potential, reduced to Level 1 by its user's apathy toward improving it and himself any further. He mostly uses it to absorb a tiny amount of the sound and light energy from around him, dulling the hustle-and-bustle, keeping him going on long patrols and cutting down on his food budget. This is to the point that a few of his colleagues believe his power is photosynthesis.

Level 2 Empath. Okay at sensing emotions, comically bad at working out the reasons behind them. A joke character, she works as a counselor and aids police interrogations, and often feels the need to clasp troubled individuals to her bosom. Problem is, she doesn't really have one.
    Last edited by Revlid; 2010-09-03 at 04:06 AM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Yes, I would like this answered as well. Also, I have an idea for a power Jason may have...

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    Ooh, I'm interested in this! I love Railgun!

Is there a character thread where I can view the format being used to present a character, or should I just wing it?

Character Ideas:
    Level 4 Judgement member who manipulates the vibration of molecules to create and control sound waves. Control over Sonics, basically. Has total faith in the board members of Academy City, believes that movie soundtracks are the only music worth listening to, and spends most of her time with a set of industrial sound-dampers over her ears. Helps out in crowd control a lot. Nicknamed "Judgement's Banshee", a name she takes absurd pride in (ignoring its negative connotations).

Level 3 con artist with the ability to "convince" people's minds of something, with circumstantial evidence making the illusion more convincing as their brains have less to fill in. Obvious lies are ignored, strong emotions make it difficult to plant the initial idea, there's no physical element to it (no fooling cameras) and the idea must be communicated through the senses. Saying "I'm George Bush!" would lead people to focus entirely on your similarities to George Bush to the point that they were convinced you were him - but the brain would pick up discrepancies quite quickly, so it would be much more effective if you dyed your hair grey, affected a Texan accent, had a suit and bodyguards, or they didn't really have a clear idea of Bush's appearance or mannerisms. "You're in love with me" is not only icky, but an idea with no evidence and a strong emotional reaction, so it would be damn-near impossible to plant.

Level 1 Judgement with the ability to absorb any type of energy from matter in contact with his skin, converting it to chemical energy within his own body. A power with great potential, reduced to Level 1 by its user's apathy toward improving it and himself any further. He mostly uses it to absorb a tiny amount of the sound and light energy from around him, dulling the hustle-and-bustle, keeping him going on long patrols and cutting down on his food budget. This is to the point that a few of his colleagues believe his power is photosynthesis.

Level 2 Empath. Okay at sensing emotions, comically bad at working out the reasons behind them. A joke character, she works as a counselor and aids police interrogations, and often feels the need to clasp troubled individuals to her bosom. Problem is, she doesn't really have one.
    You'll find examples of character sheets all about this thread, but they are posted on the wiki for everyone to find. As far as character ideas...you may want to take a good look at 13's help list to help avoid over-lap.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Yes, I would like this answered as well. Also, I have an idea for a power Jason may have...
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    15 year olds would be in class 2-x (x being whatever class they are in), 14 year olds would be in class 1-x and so on.
    Gives me the impression that middle school is from 14 to 16 and high school the next three years.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    This:

Gives me the impression that middle school is from 14 to 16 and high school the next three years.
    But... Jason is only 13. Does this mean he doesn't qualify and I need to go and make him a year older?

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

But... Jason is only 13. Does this mean he doesn't qualify and I need to go and make him a year older?
    That might depend on when his birthday is but technically he would be too young, yes.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

If he's especially intelligent, then he might have skipped a year. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I'm in South Portland, if you wanna come visit! Campus security might not like you ninja'ing around though.

... I feel loved Just Kidding. Easy mistake to make, as I am a master of not getting on to post lately. Still trying to sort out what Yuki should be doing though.
    ...yeah, I somehow got you and Silver mixed up. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-09-03 at 03:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

If he's especially intelligent, then he might have skipped a year. >.>
    Unlikely. Even though he is intellegent, he lacks real drive to study extra hard. He still does pretty well even though he never opens his textbooks, but not well enough to skip a year.

Don't worry, all I have to do is go to the wiki and modify his age.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Junior High School is age of student of 13 14 and 15 years old.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #653
    Pixie in the Playground

How do I add my characters to the IC? I made an account.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by Arkturus View Post
    How do I add my characters to the IC? I made an account.
    I had trouble with that too. On the main home page, scroll down and enter ´birbiri´ in the password thing then press enter. You´ll get a notification you´re now a member. After go to the character page and add the name of your char under ´add name/character' then fill in the sheet.

As for my own question, how do you add a picture in your char profile?

25. - Top - End - #655
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you Lillith.

Now that I am a member of the site, I AM INVINCIBLE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    As for my own question, how do you add a picture in your char profile?
    At the top of the sheet (when editing it that is), you should see

[!-- 1:Image URL --]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3987/sakurako1.png
    Just replace the URL with the URL for your own image.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Halfling in the Playground

I can't think of a way to introduce Rose. DX So instead, I shall try again with the character creation.

I'm thinking of a character that can reduce the friction between two surfaces, allowing them to slide very easily. This could be used to make the ground super slippery and trip people up or make her really good at sliding around town or something...
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys. I've managed to get past the level upper part of the series and now I have a pretty good idea on how everything works (Though I'm still going to finish the series. It's too much fun!)

Anyways, I was wondering if Jason will eventually have a power of his own is acceptable. As in, he does the process of starting from what he thinks is a level 0, but actually learns he has a power. And, since in the canon series, there were more than one esper of the same power, I was wondering if Jason could have the same power as Yuki Toshi. Except, the twist is that each one learns how to use gravity manipulation in a different way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ultimately, I was thinkning of Jason being able to control dark matter and be able to generate gravity manipulation by grouping dark matter together.

That sound alright?

29. - Top - End - #659
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    I can't think of a way to introduce Rose. DX So instead, I shall try again with the character creation.

I'm thinking of a character that can reduce the friction between two surfaces, allowing them to slide very easily. This could be used to make the ground super slippery and trip people up or make her really good at sliding around town or something...
    Sounds good to me
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey guys. I've managed to get past the level upper part of the series and now I have a pretty good idea on how everything works (Though I'm still going to finish the series. It's too much fun!)

Anyways, I was wondering if Jason will eventually have a power of his own is acceptable. As in, he does the process of starting from what he thinks is a level 0, but actually learns he has a power. And, since in the canon series, there were more than one esper of the same power, I was wondering if Jason could have the same power as Yuki Toshi. Except, the twist is that each one learns how to use gravity manipulation in a different way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ultimately, I was thinkning of Jason being able to control dark matter and be able to generate gravity manipulation by grouping dark matter together.

That sound alright?
    We've talked about this and it's good with me, for the record.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!