New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

That it's basically an upgraded version of Akiyamas Atmospheric Telekinesis?

In other words, Awesome! Go for it, we could be the super 4 team of windy doom!
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-30 at 09:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

By 'upgraded', what do you mean?

Because I do want this to be balanced.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama needs to focus on something usually a thrown object.

He doesn't just shoot air at you he uses air to push something else, I left that as a vague idea of something that could happen if he ever reached level 5.

It wouldn't really be unbalanced as he still rivals the firepower of sniper rifles with thrown softballs.
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-30 at 09:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. I get the idea that my character would be more unfocused wind, while his wind is faster, but not as 'wide area destruction' based.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

pretty much.
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-30 at 09:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

All right, I'll write up the rest of her character.

She'll start at Level 4, but one of her motivations is essentially 'get stronger so I can help protect people'.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Here's the Esper ability, incidentally:

Wind Rider
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Function: Control over the air, specifically the creation of gusts of wind

Additional Functions
    With effort, can be used to create highly pressurized gusts of wind, ala the Razor Wind trope (Level 3 and above only- simply can't get the wind to go fast enough below this)
    Can also be used for the capability of flight (Level 5 only without anything to glide with, level 3 and above if using something capable of gliding with)

Level 1: Can greate small gusts of wind, only up to 3 liters in volume at a time, and can only move it slowly, at about 5 kilometers an hour. Not really noticeable.

Level 2: Can manipulate larger volumes of wind, up to 10 liters in volume, and can create a windspeed of up to 10 kilometers an hour.

Level 3: Can manipulate a large amount of wind at this level, up to all the air in a building (although she does need to be able to see it) and is capable of making a steady wind of 20 kilometers an hour, or alternatively, powering a small volume of air at an incredibly high pressure, such that it is capable of physically cutting objects- at this level, however, she cannot cut anything harder than a soft wood.

Level 4: Capable of manipulating massive amounts of air, potentially several buildings, and is capable of making the wind go at almost 60 kilometers an hour. Razor Wind gusts are capable of slicing small amounts of metal.

Level 5: Capable of affecting an entire city block, and windspeed can easily approach hurricane level. Razor Wind gusts capable of cutting a large amount of quite strong material.

So, thoughts? I want to get this out of the way before I get to personality and stuff. Keep in mind that she'll be level 4, and probably trying to achieve level 5.

Also, these are strictly preliminary numbers. I expect that they'll be changed, in fact.
    Hmm...it doesn't look too bad at first glance...but I'd wait until someone more knowledgeable of the numbers you gave looks it over first just to be certain. And how strong are we talking here?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you mean by 'strong'?

She's going to start at Level 4. I'm considering whether to make her a member of Judgement, actually- it would suit her personality as I'm planning it, but we do have quite a few members in there already.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-09-30 at 11:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just wanted to let people know I'm still here, just got massive loads of homework that makes me work till too late in the night to have energy left and update. Callos if you want you can just take Jane to class 2-2 so it won't slow down the rp.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue Tsubasa

Spoiler
    Show
    Tokidawa Middle School, Judgement

Aliases: Wind Rider
    Level: 4/ requesting 5

Appearance: Tsubasa is a tall girl, with brown hair which she wears loose and reaches down to the middle of her back, hazel eyes, and light skin. She generally wears a serious expression, and is considered quite pretty (although not quite beautiful). She generally complies with the Tokidawa dress code, with the sweater/dress shirt/skirt combination, although she wears running shorts underneath the skirt (in her own words, 'I have no intention of giving someone a panty shot when I use my abilities). She also has a thigh pouch where she keeps two pairs of handcuffs and her Judgement armband (which she only pulls on when she's actually performing her duties as a member of Judgement).

Personality: Tsubasa has often been commented to have a personality that runs 'hot and cold'- at times, she will just have fun with her friends, and at times, she has a period when she is incredibly focused on one goal. Around her friends, she is generally easygoing, and fun to be around.

When she's doing schoolwork, performing Judgement duties, or whenever her or one of her friends is in trouble, she almost instantly becomes intensely focused to a high degree (admittedly, this is far more pronounced in the last case than in the first two). In this state, she acts almost single-mindedly towards performing whatever task she's been assigned. However, it takes a while for her to 'switch back', so to speak, which can pose serious problems in the aftermath of a short incident, or of a false alarm (and she never watches horror films anymore). Interestingly enough, this tendency of hers to 'switch tracks' has only manifested and increased as her Esper abilities have increased.

Esper Ability: Wind Rider
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Function: Control over the air, specifically the creation of gusts of wind

Additional Functions
    With effort, can be used to create highly pressurized gusts of wind, ala the Razor Wind trope (Level 3 and above only- simply can't get the wind to go fast enough below this)
    Can also be used for the capability of flight (Level 5 only without anything to glide with, level 3 and above if using something capable of gliding with)

Level 1: Can greate small gusts of wind, only up to 3 liters in volume at a time, and can only move it slowly, at about 5 kilometers an hour. Not really noticeable.

Level 2: Can manipulate larger volumes of wind, up to 10 liters in volume, and can create a windspeed of up to 10 kilometers an hour.

Level 3: Can manipulate a large amount of wind at this level, up to all the air in a building (although she does need to be able to see it) and is capable of making a steady wind of 20 kilometers an hour, or alternatively, powering a small volume of air at an incredibly high pressure, such that it is capable of physically cutting objects- at this level, however, she cannot cut anything harder than a soft wood.

Level 4: Capable of manipulating massive amounts of air, potentially several buildings, and is capable of making the wind go at almost 60 kilometers an hour. Razor Wind gusts are capable of slicing small amounts of metal.

Level 5: Capable of affecting an entire city block, and windspeed can easily approach hurricane level. Razor Wind gusts capable of cutting up to a meter of concrete, or an equivalent strength barrier.

So, what do you guys think? Requesting Level 5 status, because I think it would fit the personality to have achieved it already.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 09:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

She "wears" hazel eyes and light skin?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

...darn it. Typo!

Apart from that, any problems?

EDIT: No, that's just you misreading. She wears her hair loose.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 01:28 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    She "wears" hazel eyes and light skin?
    As a matter of fact, she does. You know why?

THAT ESPER'S A SPY!!!!
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

...darn it. Typo!

Apart from that, any problems?

EDIT: No, that's just you misreading. She wears her hair loose.
    You might want to make it a bit clearer on that part. Apart from that, I don't see anything of notice, apart from the fact that she seems like a wind using version of the Railgun.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    You might want to make it a bit clearer on that part. Apart from that, I don't see anything of notice, apart from the fact that she seems like a wind using version of the Railgun.
    ...that was not intentional.

That said, she is as level 4 in the profile, but if I can get approval to boost her to Level 5 (Tokidawa did have two Aces in canon, after all...) I'd do so.

If not, it's going to be a goal of hers anyway.

EDIT: ...actually, on second thought, I think I've taken her personality too far. I'm removing the 'cause headaches' line, and just making it so that she can focus on a goal very well. I've also added a qualifier- she only focuses completely if it's a life or death situation- school doesn't get that reaction out of her, and nor does an ordinary day at Judgement.

Still requesting Level 5 status, and keeping her as a Judgement member.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 09:01 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

I am to be concerned of number of Level 4 and 5 character in the game. It continues of adding more 4 and 5. But maybe it is because not many wants to play character who seems 'weak' even though 'level' is not 'power' instead 'potential.'

Because my character is also Level 4 character with such a complaint, I will change her to Level 3 character. I hope some people also consider such a choice too.

Maybe it seems very important of 'level is power' now, but I hope very much of the plot it is not so much of this case.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh. I actually thought from the other end- what level would it make sense for this character to be. The reason you guys saw my outline of her powers first is that I wanted to make sure the powers themselves were balanced for each level.

I picked a high level because of how focused she was. And yes, I admit I don't do low-powered characters that often, but I fully intend to play this avoiding 'she wins because she's a Level 5'. Heck, a Level 0 with a gun/taser could take her out if they got her by surprise. And smart use of a lower level's abilities could counter her.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 09:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh. I actually thought from the other end- what level would it make sense for this character to be.

I got a high level because of how focused she was.
    That's perfectly understandable. The trouble is that half the playerbase seems to have followed the same reasoning; I know I did. But, in reality, a lot of our reasoning might just be a case of self-delusion. We want to have a powerful character but don't want to be selfish, so we convince ourselves that there are strong logical reasons to raise the character that high.

Kasanip is right; There are just too many high level Espers in the game at the moment, and it's hard to believe that they all had completely legitimate reasons why they couldn't be lower. As such Kiyoshi Jirou is now Level 3 as well.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

...still asking for permission to make mine a Level 5.

Incidentally, I disagree with 'too many' high-level Espers. I agree that Level 5s should be subject to approval (due to their only being around 7-10 of them), but any other level should be fair play- since even if Level 4s, say, are pretty rare, we're not going to exhaust their numbers with our PCs even if every one was a Level 4.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 09:55 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Hmm...it doesn't look too bad at first glance...but I'd wait until someone more knowledgeable of the numbers you gave looks it over first just to be certain. And how strong are we talking here?
    I know a little about the numbers and a quick check confirmed my suspicion.

I might be wrong but a wind classified as a 'strong gale' doesn't sound like it can cut metal.

Seriously, it is about 4 km/h too slow to cut of twigs from trees according to Wikipedia.

Otherwise it looks nice enough
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Let me refine it: she can either affect large amounts of winds in a 'strong gale' force, or shoot small amounts in a high pressure 'razor wind'.

The latter is what can cut metal. Although if people want, I'll drop that alternate use for her power.

Also, who thinks she'd be okay as a Lv 5, and who thinks no?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 09:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

...still asking for permission to make mine a Level 5.
    But do you have any logical reason for wanting that, or does it just stem from a desire to play one of the strongest people in the world? If your reasons are just the ones that you've already stated (heavily focused, wanting to protect others), then my vote would be against raising her. Level 4 is already extraordinary by itself, and more than enough to show her dedication and ability. Sorry, but there just doesn't seem to be any reason why she needs to be Level 5.

Incidentally, I disagree with 'too many' high-level Espers. I agree that Level 5s should be subject to approval (due to their only being around 7-10 of them), but any other level should be fair play- since even if Level 4s, say, are pretty rare, we're not going to exhaust their numbers with our PCs even if every one was a Level 4.
    This isn't about keeping within canon demographics; It's about keeping the high levels as special and awe-inspiring as they're supposed to be. If the whole playerbase consists of Level 4s and 5s (which isn't even much of an exaggeration right now), then that power level becomes a prerequisite just to keep up with everyone else. People soon find themselves having to make high level characters whether they want to or not just to take part in the plot. That's exactly what happened in the original BleachITP, and it's something that shouldn't be allowed to happen here.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-10-01 at 10:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    But do you have any logical reason for wanting that, or does it just stem from a desire to play one of the strongest people in the world? If your reasons are just the ones that you've already stated (heavily focused, wanting to protect others), then my vote would be against raising her. Level 4 is already extraordinary by itself, and more than enough to show her dedication and ability. Sorry, but there just doesn't seem to be any reason why she needs to be Level 5.

This isn't about keeping within canon demographics; It's about keeping the high levels as special and awe-inspiring as they're supposed to be. If the whole playerbase consists of Level 4s and 5s (which isn't even much of an exaggeration right now), then that power level becomes a prerequisite just to keep up with everyone else. People soon find themselves having to make high level characters whether they want to or not just to take part in the plot. That's exactly what happened in the original BleachITP, and it's something that shouldn't be allowed to happen here.
    ^^^ This. Well put Anyr and Kasanip. Course, I'm one of the ones with the level 4's, the difference being that I don't intend to lower Sakurako's level because she's an expy of a character in canon and needs Level 4 to do some similar stunts.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

So, one two votes against.

On the other topic: then what do you propose to fix it? People have to want to make lower powered characters, or they won't materialise.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 10:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

The problem with that, who is worthy of the higher ranks, How do you pick and choose? I mean level 5's sure it makes sense, someone who is that powerful should probably earn it by making a really good character. But level 4s? They are strong but just don't seem to warrant that sort of restriction.

As for having to be that level to keep up I have two words, Tuckers Kobolds.

Be like every other weaker group fighting a stronger one, band together and be clever as a mad gnomish tinkerer crossed with L and some Near thrown in.

I mean Ewoks, Teddy bear men, beat the ground forces of the first galactic empire with rocks.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

And as for a 'reason' to be Level 5... to be honest, Anyr, no character needs to be level five. So I'd consider that to be an impossible standard to meet.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 10:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Though I must agree with Anyr's reasoning, I should also indicate that one of our Level 5 players, nothingclever, has been AWOL for some time. I'm gonna give him a poke, and if he says that he's dropped this game I would support letting horngeek play a level 5.

FYI, the current spread on character levels is...

Level 1: I
    Level 2: I I
    Level 3: I I I I I
    Level 4: I I I I I
    Level 5: I I I (only I I if nothingclever has dropped the game)

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    The problem with that, who is worthy of the higher ranks, How do you pick and choose?
    Up until now? First come, first served basis, to be honest. >.>

I mean level 5's sure it makes sense, someone who is that powerful should probably earn it by making a really good character. But level 4s? They are strong but just don't seem to warrant that sort of restriction.
    The worry was that there every new player wished to make a level 4, though current statistics (as found on the wiki's character registry) indicate that the # of level 4s and 3s are pretty much even.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-10-01 at 10:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

And as for a 'reason' to be Level 5... to be honest, Anyr, no character needs to be level five. So I'd consider that to be an impossible standard to meet.
    What about Accelerator? But yes, your point is valid. Perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be: 'Would anything essential about the character be damaged by having them be a lower level?'

By the way, are there any objections to advancing Onizuka's school day to its end? People seem to have mostly finished the plots that they wanted to have within school itself, and others which take place later on are waiting to start.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-10-01 at 10:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

What about Accelerator? But yes, your point is valid. Perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be: 'Would anything essential about the character be damaged by having them be a lower level?'

By the way, are there any objections to advancing Onizuka's school day to its end? People seem to have mostly finished the plots that they wanted to have within school itself, and others which take place later on are waiting to start.
    I have none, and the plot needs to get moving anyway.

>.>

<.<

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't mind.
    Spoiler
    Show