New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Futae

Soon after, Futae comes waltzing back with a cup of cocoa in one hand and a parfait cup best described as a glass bucket. How she manages to hold on to all of the stuff while prancing about is a mystery.

"Theeeeeeere ya go! One cocoa, and one chocolate extra large Parfait! Enjoy! Hee hee!"

She hands Kei a spoon, one that resembled a garden spade in size and shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    "Right here at Onizuka," Cici replied.
    Masaki

"I see...

Can your brother control other animals? Has he tried?"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-23 at 01:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Futae

Soon after, Futae comes waltzing back with a cup of cocoa in one hand and a parfait cup best described as a glass bucket. How she manages to hold on to all of the stuff while prancing about is a mystery.

"Theeeeeeere ya go! One cocoa, and one chocolate extra large Parfait! Enjoy! Hee hee!"

She hands Kei a spoon, one that resembled a garden spade in size and shape.
    "Cocoa!"

Katsu grabs the cocoa and start gulping down as if he had been without water for days and had just found a fountain of the most delicious drink he could imagine, the last part likely true in Katsu's case.
    Halfway through he stops and looks at Futae with one eye closed

"Thank you, Fu-chan! It. Is. Delicious!"

... The statement emphasised by much gesturing that should logically make the cocoa fly to all sides and yet when Katsu returns to drinking it's all still there.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

The esper was unfazed by what now stood in front of him on the table. He had already known what to expect when he made the order. Before attempting to eat the mammoth melting milk monstrosity Kei had another idea in mind and looked up at Futae. "Thanks. Since you've got such a good sense of humour I was wondering if you'd be alright with me using my power on you as a token of appreciation."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-23 at 03:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    "Cocoa!"

Katsu grabs the cocoa and start gulping down as if he had been without water for days and had just found a fountain of the most delicious drink he could imagine, the last part likely true in Katsu's case.
    Halfway through he stops and looks at Futae with one eye closed

"Thank you, Fu-chan! It. Is. Delicious!"

... The statement emphasised by much gesturing that should logically make the cocoa fly to all sides and yet when Katsu returns to drinking it's all still there.
    Futae

Futae nods and smiles, leaning over to one side with her hands behind her back.

"It's gooood, isn't it? Want another one?"

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    The esper was unfazed by what now stood in front of him on the table. He had already known what to expect when he made the order. Before attempting to eat the mammoth melting milk monstrosity Kei had another idea in mind and looked up at Futae. "Thanks. Since you've got such a good sense of humour I was wondering if you'd be alright with me using my power on you as a token of appreciation."
    She leans in again, her crimson eyes peering deeply into Kei's.

"And what kind of power do you have, Mr. Popular?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri]

He's still caught off guard when she breaks down in desperation. "Please, calm down, Sanin-sama", he says, trying to sound as calming and encouraging as possible. Snatching a piece of paper from a nearby table to offer as a handkerchief, he kneels down beside her and pats her on the back. "We're here to help you. Together, we will surely overcome this obstacle. There's nothing to worry about."
    Sanin

Sanin hugs her knees tightly and rocks back and forth, hiccuping and sobbing the whole while. She grabs the piece of paper from Hinata (a grocery list she'd written earlier) and blows loudly into it.

"*Sniff* There's always somethin' to worry about! The food inspectors, the orders, the damn burger I keep forgettin' to take off the menu..."
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-23 at 05:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei leaned forward to the point that their noses almost touched and returned her stare with a little smile. He was really enjoying this unique type of attention. It was pretty amusing. "The ability to make people feel good in a variety of ways. In this case you could think of it as psychic spa treatment."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-23 at 06:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako, Restaurant

The red-head feels Kazumi's shocked look, feeling her cheeks beginning to sheepishly turn pink themselves before slumping down at the table. Awkwardly she pushes her plate halfway across the table so Kazumi could have some as well even as she props her head up in one hand.

"What?...Don't look at me like that! I've been really busy lately, my attention hasn't been all there during class..." Sakurako mutters defensively, slumping down further in her seat to avoid the glances of the others.

"...Anyway! So you became a Level 5 in just under a year Rin-chan? That's pretty amazing...I've been a Level 4 for what seems like forever now...And good for you at that! Doesn't hurt to have a mascot for Tokiwadai!" And at those words Sakurako would spring to the side to hug the pallid Ace to her, grinning mischievously as she gives Rin a squeeze, "And so adorable too! Your like what a fusion of Gekota and Chappy would be!"

Then, just like that, Sakurako is sitting normally once more with a big smile on her face as she looks to the other red-head.

"What about you...?...Wait...you look familiar...I think Kazumi mentioned you.." the older schoolgirl says thoughtfully, rubbing her chin.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaki

"I see...

Can your brother control other animals? Has he tried?"
    Cici stopped typing. "Hm," she said thoughtfully, "Yeah, I think he has. It's only worked on falcons and falcon-like birds, though."

She started typing again.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin
    [In the Midst of Events at the Eatery]

Rin looks off towards the kitchen where Sanin is shouting, quickly getting the impression that she did something wrong. It's a little confusing though; was it really such a terrible request? Why? Her mind works on this puzzle, and she feels like she is about to reach a conclusion-

HUG SQUEEZE.

As Sakurako springs on her, Rin is taken completely by surprise. She makes a small 'eep' sound, and looks thoroughly unsure of what to do and just what was going on until the other girl draws away.

"Um, thank you."
    She says, recovering from the sudden attack. For someone so friendly and cheerful, she certainly seems taken off guard and perplexed by the hug. However, the smile soon slips back onto her face, just as brilliant as before.
    "Thank you."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi
    [A certain restaurant table]

We have too many 'mascot' characters of Tokiwadai already.
    is Kazumi's silent thought, as she looks sideways at the "Perverted Red Comet." Of course in a city of students like this, there were many abilities that were useful or annoying. But maybe it was [Personal Reality] to decide these traits, which had bad meanings for a certain sempai's thinking, Kazumi thought.

"Check your clothing Harada sempai. All of it." Kazumi issues a warning quietly to the Ace of Tokiwadai. It is a warning from a student who has suffered embarrassment several times because of it.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

[A certain seedy restaurant]

Hinata bites his lips. Uh huh. Doesn't seem like my tactic is working. Time to try another kind of approach. Hopefully, this doesn't get me fired. Or killed.

Hinata shifts himself before Sanin and grabs her head between his hands, forcing her to look him in the eye. "You can't do this to us, Sanin-sama! The customers are waiting! You can't let them down!" His voice is stern, making him sound almost like Sanin's accusing ... big sister? Mother? In either case, the scene is becoming more bizarre by the moment. "Or do you want them to know you as useless drunkard? As Mitsune-chan, who never got food to anybody? Pull yourself together, woman!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Cici stopped typing. "Hm," she said thoughtfully, "Yeah, I think he has. It's only worked on falcons and falcon-like birds, though."

She started typing again.
    Masaki

Masaki starts to get carried away. "Do you know what the AIM Field mechanics are for your brother's power? What training regiment is he undergoing?"

Kei leaned forward to the point that their noses almost touched and returned her stare with a little smile. He was really enjoying this unique type of attention. It was pretty amusing. "The ability to make people feel good in a variety of ways. In this case you could think of it as psychic spa treatment."
    Futae

Futae's eyes continue to spear straight through Kei.

"Spa treatment! Ooh! Fu-chan's been saving up for a vacation, maybe she could just have you instead!" She giggles again, backs off, and spins around once. Then she stops and tilts her head to the right, her hands behind her back again.

"Is this why all the girlies like you, Mr. Popular?"

[A certain seedy restaurant]

Hinata bites his lips. Uh huh. Doesn't seem like my tactic is working. Time to try another kind of approach. Hopefully, this doesn't get me fired. Or killed.

Hinata shifts himself before Sanin and grabs her head between his hands, forcing her to look him in the eye. "You can't do this to us, Sanin-sama! The customers are waiting! You can't let them down!" His voice is stern, making him sound almost like Sanin's accusing ... big sister? Mother? In either case, the scene is becoming more bizarre by the moment. "Or do you want them to know you as useless drunkard? As Mitsune-chan, who never got food to anybody? Pull yourself together, woman!"
    Sanin

Sanin sulks some more, all of Hinata's efforts seemingly in vain, but...

"Mitsune-chan!"
    "Mitsune-chan!"
    "Mitsune-chan!"
    Sanin practically leaps up and grabs Hinata by the throat. The chilling smile is back.

"Part-timer," she growls.

"What have I told you about calling me Mitsune? Hmm?"

At least she's not depressed anymore.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Hinata is mentally prepared for Sanin's otburst - at least enough to restrain the reflex to punch her in the face. Instead, he smiles brightly at her. "Sanin-sama! You're back with us!", he chimes, trying to gently loosen her grip with his fingers. "That's wonderful... *choke* ... now, would you mind *gag* letting go of my... throat... the customers... await..."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground

(Sorry for the wait )

Meir grinned and offered her hand for Sakurako to shake. I'm Meiryoku, but please, just call me Meir. I'm a Level 4, like you!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

Kei withdrew his face as well and sat leaning back a bit so he could comfortably look up at Futae. "Well that's one reason. Sometimes if people look like they're feeling down I volunteer to help them out with my ability. Sometimes they make requests. When you're a level five and go to one of the most prestigious schools around word can really spread fast about what you do. A lot of people think if you're in my situation you must be special and a great guy. I don't think it's a big deal but I guess they're kind of right. I like to think I'm pretty nice." He paused for a moment and then spoke dryly. "So, what do you say? All I need to do is look at you, and despite your recent protests, you don't seem to mind that much."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-24 at 05:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Academy City Airport

The sky was darkening ever more that street lights were beginning to turn on. The falling snow had a mystical look about it as night was approaching. Above the airport, a bright white light accompanied by a red and blue blinking light was lowering itself down out of the sky. The Airliner lowers down the landing gear as the ground quickly comes up to greet it. There is a short screech and the airliner jumps up a foot in the air before landing back down on the runway. The snow is blown away as the airliner rapidly slows to a stop. Then, turning off the runway, it slowly works its way toward the gate is was assigned to station at.

Inside the airliner, a female flight attendants voice sounds over the speakers.
    ["Welcome to Acadmey City, Japan."]
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Kei, Kadokado Café

Kei withdrew his face as well and sat leaning back a bit so he could comfortably look up at Futae. "Well that's one reason. Sometimes if people look like they're feeling down I volunteer to help them out with my ability. Sometimes they make requests. When you're a level five and go to one of the most prestigious schools around word can really spread fast about what you do. A lot of people think if you're in my situation you must be special and a great guy. I don't think it's a big deal but I guess they're kind of right. I like to think I'm pretty nice." He paused for a moment and then spoke dryly. "So, what do you say? All I need to do is look at you, and despite your recent protests, you don't seem to mind that much."
    "You're level five?"

Katsu looks at Kei while momentarily taking a break in drinking his cocoa.

"That is so cool, how did you get good enough for that?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

And so the chattering occupants of Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri whiled away the time with frivolous banter, unaware that as they spoke devious machinations were being set into motion. For, unbeknownst to them, they would soon bear witness to a meticulously planned operation performed with military precision. In fact at that very moment the architect of this grand design stood literally on their doorstep. His hands reached towards the door handle, but at the last moment he hesitated. Despite all the contingencies in place doubts began to form in his mind. Had he miscalculated?

"Come on Jirou, don't let your fears control you. You're just walking into a room..."

Of course, he knew full well that it was much more than that. This was an attempt at something which he believed to be the foundation stone of fame and fortune: The perfect entrance. If he could only master this ancient and subtle art the world would be his oyster. Taking comfort from this thought, Kiyoshi Jirou drew in one last deep breath and pushed open the door.

The door swung open and Jirou followed in its wake, perfectly in synch with its movement. The day was cold and windy, so there was to create a commotion to draw attention; The sudden chill and whistle of incoming air would do that job for him. He crossed the threshold at a leisurely pace, passing the door just as it began its backward swing. He helped it on its way with a gentle tap, but this was no vulgar kick; The backward swing of his foot as he walked coincided exactly with the door's arrival, making it a purely natural part of his established motion. It was almost as if some divine force had prepared the moment in advance so as not to disrupt Jirou's movement.

All right, so far so good. The first few seconds were out of the way, but there was still half a room to cross yet. This was supposed to be the perfect entrance, so no ordinary walk would do. It had to be forceful yet casual, confident yet approachable. Of course, it was very difficult to create such a rhythm with your legs when said legs felt like they were turning to jelly. Only the thought of how ridiculous he'd look by stopping now kept Jirou in motion now.

"Yes, that's it...One two one two...Don't forget to breathe..."

After what seemed like an eternity his destination neared: An empty table which, like everything else in this performance, had been chosen with great care. It was just far enough from the occupied tables to make it clear that its user wasn't part of any clique, while still being close enough to join one if an invitation was forthcoming. Now at last only one manoeuvre remained. With a nervousness that thankfully didn't show, Jirou spun in a perfect quarter circle and slid smoothly into his seat. His face was still carefully neutral, but inside he was singing in joy. With a last casual flourish he swung his legs around, placed them defiantly on the table and leaned back in his chair...

....which promptly fell straight backwards. The gallant young man was sent unceremoniously tumbling to the floor, and the spell was broken. For a while he simply lay where he had fell, holding back some of the more colourful curses that threatened to leave his mouth. Eventually he mustered the energy to haul himself up, all grace and dignity long since spent. Righting his chair, he sat back down in it and hesitantly beckoned for someone to take his order.

"So close."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-08-25 at 01:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei turned partially to Katsu briefly. "I simply naturally have a high level of mental focus in general and I put a lot of effort into my training. My parents always stressed the importance of a keen and open mind and that's what I've tried to foster in myself even before I took part in the power program," said Kei plainly. He then returned his full attention to Futae. He worried not about his titanic treat. It wouldn't melt significantly anytime soon.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-25 at 02:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

Sakurako blinks at the odd gesture from Meir, but passes it off as the other student having picked it up by one the foreign students within Academy City. Wasn't that a western custom? What was she supposed to do...? Oh right! The other red-head reaches out, shaking Meir's hand slowly but with her warm smile never dimming. Already she could tell that Rin and Meir would likely be good friends to have around. If nothing else, it'd give her someone to tease besides Kazumi.

"Is that so Meir-chan? Well good for you! Lots people don't know how hard it is to work up to Level 4...how'd you know I was though?" She muses aloud, leaving one arm comfortably draped over Rin's shoulder for the moment. It's definitely a peculiar action, but she's trying to make the pallid girl feel welcomed in this small group, "I remember where I heard about you though!"

Before she could elaborate on that though, Jirou made his grand entrance and even Sakurako had to wince when he abruptly fell unto the floor like that. She'd just been about to go help him back up when he got back up on his own, though she keeps an eye on him for a moment or two to make sure he was alright.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground

Meir grins back. Yeah, I'm not from Japan...I'm from a little European country called Croatia, so that's why I still do a lot of more western things. And- she was just about to ask if Sakurako and her friends wanted to join her at her house later on when Jirou made his...spectacular...entrance. Wow... Meir said. You think the guy's all right? She couldn't help but stare at him.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

Futae

Futae squints her eyes and studies Kei. "So you're the one they call Bliss Maker, huh? Fu-chan's heard about you...hmm..."

She thinks for a second, then grins widely and places her hands on her hips, chest thrust outward.

"Okay, Mr. Popular! Give it a shot!"

Hinata is mentally prepared for Sanin's otburst - at least enough to restrain the reflex to punch her in the face. Instead, he smiles brightly at her. "Sanin-sama! You're back with us!", he chimes, trying to gently loosen her grip with his fingers. "That's wonderful... *choke* ... now, would you mind *gag* letting go of my... throat... the customers... await..."
    Sanin

Sanin continues to glare at Hinata for a few more seconds before letting him go.

"Grr...alright, alright. I'll have to get cracking on that food anyway."

As she turns around, she calls over her shoulder to Hinata.

"By the way...thanks, part timer."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin

Rin looks a little perplexed and slightly uncomfortable about the teleporter's continued hold on her, especially after Kazumi's whispered comment. She gives Kazumi a confused and worried look before looking over herself quickly- she didn't see anything missing...

Her mild discomfort seems rather unusual given the very cheery and friendly attitude she seems to possess.

However, she's quickly distracted by Jirou and the comments of her peers about him. While they speak to each other, Rin leans over (to see past Sakurako) so she can see him directly.
    "Are you okay?"
    She asks him, letting her voice carry over to him, disregarding the usual social distance people keep. Rin looks genuinely concerned and worried, however.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou was shaken out of his self pitying funk by a refined voice drifting in his direction. He couldn't help but wince at the concern and sympathy in the enquiry; After trying so hard to be seen as a 'lone wolf', being reduced to 'wounded puppy' was rather disheartening. The last thing he needed was a few scattered crumbs of pity from some random...Wait, was that Harada Rin?

No, don't be silly. It couldn't be. It was probably some other albino schoolgirl from Tokiwadai. There were a lot of those running around, right? Yes, that was it. No need to panic. No need to-Oh Kami, she was still looking straight at him! Say something you fool! No, on second thoughts don't say anything. You always make a complete mess of things whenever you open your mouth. Just nod. That's right, just nod.

Only once, you moron! Only nod once! Great, now she thinks you're a bobblehead doll. Congratulations, Jirou; Your one shot at making a good impression on Harada Rin and you blew it. Game over, thanks for playing. We now return you to your regularly scheduled life, already in progress. Just lower your eyes and drink your milkshake...

And so he did.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

"Okay." And so Kei took a few seconds to work his magic. Futae felt as if she had been given a world class, fully body, sensual massage. Every ache she had experienced in the past, small or great, suddenly vanished. Tension in places she didn't even know she had melted away allowing her to move with a newfound sense of grace and poise. Any feelings of anxiety, lethargy and indecision were replaced with clarity of thought and liveliness. To top it off she'd feel as if she had just stepped out of a long, relaxing, delightfully warm bath. She was completely physically and mentally revitalized and would likely continue to be in such a state for the rest of the day.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-25 at 07:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaki

Masaki starts to get carried away. "Do you know what the AIM Field mechanics are for your brother's power? What training regiment is he undergoing?"
    If Cici's annoyed by it, she doesn't show it.

"I don't know," she answers.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Streets]

Hisagi sighed as he walked over to the Kadokado Café.

"Jeez, that went badly. Bloody stupid other occupants of the building..."

He walks in, and sits down somewhere, not noticing anybody else.

"Better check up on Sakurako-chan while I wait for some food..."

He flips open his phone and dials her number.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-08-25 at 07:51 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

"...I think he's the kinda guy who's never completely alright." Sakurako says, still looking at Jirou for a couple of moments with what seems like everyone else at the table. That is until her phone begins to buzz, making the teleporter jump before lifting her arm off of Rin to fish it out of her pocket. Adorned with plenty of ornaments and good luck charm, it looks less like on Judgement's earpiece phones and more like a miniature pawn shop.

"Huh?"

Quickly she affixes it in her ear, pressing the button to open up the call.

"Hisagi-kun? Oh, hey there!"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

[Certain seedy restaurant]

"Oh, it was nothing, Sanin-sama", Hinata chirps, though with a slightly tense voice. He rubs his throat absent-mindedly - Sanin's nails have left rather distinct red marks on him. But, there's no time to feel bitter! Regaining his bright and friendly demeanor, he returns to collecting orders from newly-arrived customers.

First in line are Jirou, who receives his milkshake in no time, and Kazumi, who might yet be lucky enough to get served this time.

It seems Rin's order has to wait a moment longer still, unfortunately.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

If Cici's annoyed by it, she doesn't show it.

"I don't know," she answers.
    Masaki

"Don't talk at them, talk to them."

It takes Masaki a moment to come up with another topic.

"Anything else new with you, Ms. Sato?"

Kei, Kadokado Café

"Okay." And so Kei took a few seconds to work his magic. Futae felt as if she had been given a world class, fully body, sensual massage. Every ache she had experienced in the past, small or great, suddenly vanished. Tension in places she didn't even know she had melted away allowing her to move with a newfound sense of grace and poise. Any feelings of anxiety, lethargy and indecision were replaced with clarity of thought and liveliness. To top it off she'd feel as if she had just stepped out of a long, relaxing, delightfully warm bath. She was completely physically and mentally revitalized and would likely continue to be in such a state for the rest of the day.
    Futae

Futae giggles as the relaxing wave passes through her body.

"Oooh! It really is like a vacation! Thank you, Mr. Popular!"

Ignoring personal boundaries and social standards on propriety, Futae leans over and gives Kei a quick peck on the cheek.

"Now be a good boy and finish your parfait!" She then turns to Katsu.

"Anything else I can getcha?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Anytime." Kei turned to his deluxe desert and dug in while valiantly fighting through brain freeze. He was determined to finish it within the allotted time and made steady progress.