New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Jason looked around through the crowd, trying to find Jirou and Cale. But with the mass of people, he couldn't see them at all.
    "[I don't see them...]"
    He thinks for a moment, bitting his lip. It looks like he's trying to make a tough decision.
    "[Okay. I know this may not be ideal, but perhaps we should get out of here until you can calm down a bit. Cale and Jirou are both strong Espers, right? I'm sure they're alright. We could go find someplace where we can access medical reports or security cameras to check later to make sure.]"
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-02-28 at 06:39 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    seeing as there wasn't really anny falling rubble right now, and everyone had survived, Cale released his hold again and walked toward Jirou and the medic.

"Why would it take a while to contact his family? you could just look him up in the City database and find his parents within minutes. are you trying to kidnap him as well?"

Most onlookers would've thought Cale was overtly paranoid. But those people wouldn't have Cale's knowledge of less-then-legal business, He could still remember when his father had started explaining that you should always make sure that the protection-officers were on your side, so a target wouldn't get away.
    The medic signed, obviously annoyed. "If you have to know, mister paranoid, this boy isn't any other boy. His name is Anthony Jackson. And obviously you kids don't read or watch the news around here. His father is ambassador of Academy City in Britain. Which means, because you probably won't get that either, that his parents are currently in Britain, you know, not around? Do you have any idea how long it will take Anti Skill to reach them? Sure, it might take an hour, maybe three, but in the meanwhile this boy will be in the hospital unsupervised. Except for maybe a nurse or two who don't have superpowers. If I wanted to kidnap this kid, I imagine I'd try to dump you kids and just drive away with an ambulance."

In the meantime two medics had arrived with a stretcher and started to carefully life Anthony up. The medic assisted them and then continued his small rant, though softer. "That is why I want one of you kids to go with him. If something happens, you could stop it and alert authorities."

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jason looked around through the crowd, trying to find Jirou and Cale. But with the mass of people, he couldn't see them at all.
    "[I don't see them...]"
    He thinks for a moment, bitting his lip. It looks like he's trying to make a tough decision.
    "[Okay. I know this may not be ideal, but perhaps we should get out of here until you can calm down a bit. Cale and Jirou are both strong Espers, right? I'm sure they're alright. We could go find someplace where we can access medical reports or security cameras to check later to make sure.]"
    Jane nodded, as much as she hated to admit it, it was probably the best to calm down first and go find them later. Besides, Jason was right, Jirou and Cale were both strong Espers, they could take care of themselves.

<"Alright, let's go then.">
    Last edited by Lillith; 2011-03-01 at 03:45 AM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Outside Café

"I'll do it! It sounds like fun"

Katsu says, quite possibly shocking the Medic as most people consider suddenly having a hyperactive Esper standing right next to them, where no one stood before, a good cause for jumping ten feet in the air.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Jane nodded, as much as she hated to admit it, it was probably the best to calm down first and go find them later. Besides, Jason was right, Jirou and Cale were both strong Espers, they could take care of themselves.

<"Alright, let's go then.">
    "[Okay. Lets go.]"
    Jason then pulls Jane by the hand, cutting a path through the crowd of people.

Time will pass as he will continue to lead Jane away. Depending on how much she's paying attention to her surroundings, she may find herself outside an apartment door with Jason pulling some keys out of his pocket.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Katsu's declaration sent a visible shudder down Jirou's spine. He wouldn't have trusted that speedster to handle boiling an egg, let alone something like this.

"And I'll go with him. The killers won't even need guns or fancy powers if this guy's on guard alone; A shiny pebble or two will be more
    than enough to get rid of him.
    "

Not that Jirou wouldn't have volunteered anyway; That kid was his ticket to fame and stardom. If saving the son of an ambassador wasn't worthy of a pat on the back or two, nothing was. All he needed to do was stick to this case like congealed tapioca and make sure none of the others did anything to queer the pitch.

6. - Top - End - #996

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Outside Café

"I'll do it! It sounds like fun"

Katsu says, quite possibly shocking the Medic as most people consider suddenly having a hyperactive Esper standing right next to them, where no one stood before, a good cause for jumping ten feet in the air.
    "GAH!" the medic seemed to jump into the air at the third boy's sudden appearance. Next they would have to put him onto a stretcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Katsu's declaration sent a visible shudder down Jirou's spine. He wouldn't have trusted that speedster to handle boiling an egg, let alone something like this.

"And I'll go with him. The killers won't even need guns or fancy powers if this guy's on guard alone; A shiny pebble or two will be more
    than enough to get rid of him.
    "
    "Uh... uh... Yes, I agree with you on that." he nodded while trying to not look too shocked. This third boy... would probably forget what his duty was before he was inside the ambulance. "You go with Anthony. I'll catch up to you two once I'm done here." He looked at Katsu with an apologetic face. "I'm sorry, but you can help me with looking around and try to find the people who are most injured? Can you do that?"

In the meantime, the two other medics had prepared Anthony for travel and were clearly waiting for someone to join the boy on his way to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor
    "[Okay. Lets go.]"
    Jason then pulls Jane by the hand, cutting a path through the crowd of people.

Time will pass as he will continue to lead Jane away. Depending on how much she's paying attention to her surroundings, she may find herself outside an apartment door with Jason pulling some keys out of his pocket.
    While traveling, it looked like Jane was in a daze. She worried about Cale, Jirou and that one boy who's name she had already forgotten. Hopefully they were alright. She'd drop by the different hospitals later today, perhaps she would find them there and if not that meant they'd be okay... She realized Jason had taken to his place. This somehow made her slightly uncomfortable. A boy... taking her to his place... she'd read newspapers... then again, she'd know if he meant harm and up till now things looked okay.

<"So uhm... I guess this is your house?"> she said in a soft voice. <"Do you have like, internet or something? Maybe we can see on the news what happened in the street. Or like... call the hospitals?">

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

While traveling, it looked like Jane was in a daze. She worried about Cale, Jirou and that one boy who's name she had already forgotten. Hopefully they were alright. She'd drop by the different hospitals later today, perhaps she would find them there and if not that meant they'd be okay... She realized Jason had taken her to his place. This somehow made her slightly uncomfortable. A boy... taking her to his place... she'd read newspapers... then again, she'd know if he meant harm and up till now things looked okay.

<"So uhm... I guess this is your house?"> she said in a soft voice. <"Do you have like, internet or something? Maybe we can see on the news what happened in the street. Or like... call the hospitals?">
    Jason turns around to look at her after he heard how soft her voice was.
    "[Ya. Sorry for bringing you to my place, but I don't know anywhere else that's safe.]"
    After finally getting his key out, he looks down to put the key into the lock.
    "[And no. I'm afriad we don't have internet yet. You may be suprised, but I only moved here to Academy City a couple of days... ago?]"

To confirm this statement, the door swung open to a pile of boxes stacked along the walls everywhere. Jason had frozen in place, staring at the boxes after he gently pulled Jane. His mind was trying to recover from the shock that all of his family things had finally been delievered, meaning his computer and internet modem. He had also forgotten a while ago that he was still holding Jane's hand as well.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-03-01 at 05:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Dwarf in the Playground

"C'mon sir, let Katsu get into the car. He will be able to safely transport this boy AWAY from here."

Then Cale started to scan his surroundings again, trying to make his new sense useful again.
    "As for people in need of help.. I think I can scan you a few irregular breathing patterns."

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou hopped on board the ambulance with an enthusiasm which his body couldn't quite match. The day had got off to a rough start, but now everything was suddenly going brilliantly. Here he was, en route to being showered with rewards for saving the son of an important diplomat. Not only that, he was also surrounded by doctors and medical equipment who would leap into action should he happen to pass out; A possibility which was looking more likely with each added second. Luckily Jirou still had the energy to pull the ambulance doors closed behind him before taking a seat beside the stretcher.

"Come on, let's go already! This poor kid doesn't have all day, and neither do I."

10. - Top - End - #1000

Jason turns around to look at her after he heard how soft her voice was.
    "[Ya. Sorry for bringing you to my place, but I don't know anywhere else that's safe.]"
    After finally getting his key out, he looks down to put the key into the lock.
    "[And no. I'm afriad we don't have internet yet. You may be suprised, but I only moved here to Academy City a couple of days... ago?]"

To confirm this statement, the door swung open to a pile of boxes stacked along the walls everywhere. Jason had frozen in place, staring at the boxes after he gently pulled Jane. His mind was trying to recover from the shock that all of his family things had finally been delievered, meaning his computer and internet modem. He had also forgotten a while ago that he was still holding Jane's hand as well.
    <"Oh, I moved here about three months ago. Though they didn't 'release' me until two days ago."> Jane responded, wondering what would be the best step to take. Then she stared at her hand, noticing that Jason was still holding it. Her face flushed red at once, would it be rude to pull her hand back? Should she wait till he let go? WAS THERE AN ADULT IN THIS HOUSE SOMEWHERE?!

Jirou hopped on board the ambulance with an enthusiasm which his body couldn't quite match. The day had got off to a rough start, but now everything was suddenly going brilliantly. Here he was, en route to being showered with rewards for saving the son of an important diplomat. Not only that, he was also surrounded by doctors and medical equipment who would leap into action should he happen to pass out; A possibility which was looking more likely with each added second. Luckily Jirou still had the energy to pull the ambulance doors closed behind him before taking a seat beside the stretcher.

"Come on, let's go already! This poor kid doesn't have all day, and neither do I."
    Only one of the medics had come with Jirou inside the ambulance, since it wasn't big enough to hold three passengers. As soon as the door was closed, the sirens started to ring and they were off towards the Grand Academy City Hospital.

While Jirou would be sitting next to the medic, which was a Japanese male, slightly smaller then Jirou himself, he could see how the guy tried to asses Anthony's condition.
    "Say, were you with him while he got into this condition? Do you have any information what happened to him, or what drug has been given?" she medic asked while keeping close attention to his patient.

"C'mon sir, let Katsu get into the car. He will be able to safely transport this boy AWAY from here."

Then Cale started to scan his surroundings again, trying to make his new sense useful again.
    "As for people in need of help.. I think I can scan you a few irregular breathing patterns."
    Behind Cale a tall man in a light brown trench coat appeared from the crowd. His dark eyes stared at Cale.

"Excuse me." Yamato said to Cale. "Are you by chance Cale Smirnovich, who was present at the destructive incident at the arcade yesterday afternoon?" His voice had a clear tone in it that he already knew the answer and this was just a formal question and expected Cale to know that.

Yamato flashed his badge and held it up clearly for Cale to see. These mobster kids were probably difficult enough as it was. He wished he had been able to move through the crowd fast enough to nail the other one, but he'd pick that one up later at the hospital. "Yamato Akira, I investigate the incident, I'd like you to come to the headquarters for a couple of questions."
    Last edited by Lillith; 2011-03-03 at 02:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

"Drug? I thought he'd just been knocked out. You know, by the three super-strong guys who were kidnapping him? With Espers that tough, there's no way they'd have needed a drug to get the job done. "

Jirou was getting slightly tired of people asking him questions that he had no idea how to answer. It was starting to make him feel stupid. Why couldn't they ask about the efficacy of sweeping kicks, or the odds of an open Kan increasing your hand's value? Or even better, about his heroic and completely selfless part in the rescue of this kid? Instead all the doctors seemed more concerned with the bits that had happened before Jirou even arrived. They were so annoying; Standing there with their white coats, concerned voices and blurry faces...No, wait, that last one was from his eyes giving out. Maybe he'd better rest them for a while...

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"GAH!"
    "Uh... uh... Yes, I agree with you on that." he nodded while trying to not look too shocked. This third boy... would probably forget what his duty was before he was inside the ambulance. "You go with Anthony. I'll catch up to you two once I'm done here." He looked at Katsu with an apologetic face. "I'm sorry, but you can help me with looking around and try to find the people who are most injured? Can you do that?"
    Katsu seems to have disappeared after this but now appears out of thin air again.

"Quick quick, they need help! I think someone broke their leg and another got hit by something!"

He tries to drag the medic with him to help.

((Sorry, was busy with homework. ^_^' I hope I caught up well enough))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Dwarf in the Playground

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]

Behind Cale a tall man in a light brown trench coat appeared from the crowd. His dark eyes stared at Cale.

"Excuse me." Yamato said to Cale. "Are you by chance Cale Smirnovich, who was present at the destructive incident at the arcade yesterday afternoon?" His voice had a clear tone in it that he already knew the answer and this was just a formal question and expected Cale to know that.

Yamato flashed his badge and held it up clearly for Cale to see. These mobster kids were probably difficult enough as it was. He wished he had been able to move through the crowd fast enough to nail the other one, but he'd pick that one up later at the hospital. "Yamato Akira, I investigate the incident, I'd like you to come to the headquarters for a couple of questions."
    When Cale turned around to see the officer standing before him, he made a small mental stumble... Cops this soon? Oh well, it wasn't like they could proof he did it... Except for the fact that he was the only guy in the city with a power like that at level four... And the Camera's caught him... And there were a lot of eye witnesses...

Thinking about the fact that everything his father's side taught him was useless in this situation, Cale started to get less confident.
    "Yes officer, that is my name. Do you need any help in catching the culprit?"
    he said softly.. He could only hope that this detective thought he was only scared because there was an officer in front of him... not because he could be caught.
    "And when you say headquarters, do you mean the office in this district, or as in headquarters headquarters? Because I kind of still haven't had breakfast."

14. - Top - End - #1004

Katsu seems to have disappeared after this but now appears out of thin air again.

"Quick quick, they need help! I think someone broke their leg and another got hit by something!"

"My goodness, you're quick aren't you?" medic O'Connor said amazed while he ran after Katsu. "Perhaps you should offer your services to the other emergency personnel after you're done helping me!"

When Cale turned around to see the officer standing before him, he made a small mental stumble... Cops this soon? Oh well, it wasn't like they could proof he did it... Except for the fact that he was the only guy in the city with a power like that at level four... And the Camera's caught him... And there were a lot of eye witnesses...

Thinking about the fact that everything his father's side taught him was useless in this situation, Cale started to get less confident.
    "Yes officer, that is my name. Do you need any help in catching the culprit?"
    he said softly.. He could only hope that this detective thought he was only scared because there was an officer in front of him... not because he could be caught.
    "And when you say headquarters, do you mean the office in this district, or as in headquarters headquarters? Because I kind of still haven't had breakfast."
    Yamato tried to sound reassuring. "Yes, we could really use your help a lot." He tucked away his badge back to his belt. "I was hoping you'd come to the Anti Skill headquarters of District 10. It's about a 15 minute drive and if you want something to eat, I can let them bring food when we get there. Is there anything in particular you'd like?" This went far too easy, was this boy playing tricks on him? Surely a mob kid wouldn't go with him just that easily. Or perhaps he'd show his true face once they arrived at headquarters. Yamato was very curious to see how did ended.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

[Mori Hajime]

Hajime let out a breath of relief as he turned to find he couldn't hear any of the commotion behind him. He decided to turn around and take the long way around, this time going elsewhere. He knew of a nice park a ways from where he currently stood. There was always this one spot that he would go to in order to relax, and right now some relaxation would be a good thing to aquire.

So, he dove in between the buildings onto the street on the other side and headed towards the park.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yamato tried to sound reassuring. "Yes, we could really use your help a lot." He tucked away his badge back to his belt. "I was hoping you'd come to the Anti Skill headquarters of District 10. It's about a 15 minute drive and if you want something to eat, I can let them bring food when we get there. Is there anything in particular you'd like?" This went far too easy, was this boy playing tricks on him? Surely a mob kid wouldn't go with him just that easily. Or perhaps he'd show his true face once they arrived at headquarters. Yamato was very curious to see how did ended.
    "Some coffee would be nice.. oh, and I really like croissants."
    Deep down Cale knew that this officer was just trying to get him to be calm and willing. but only the thought of a breakfast got to him right now.
    "lead the way" he said to the Yamato, getting ready to be driven to his food, still a bit nervous, but not entirely sure if the cop knew that it was him yesterday.

17. - Top - End - #1007

"Drug? I thought he'd just been knocked out. You know, by the three super-strong guys who were kidnapping him? With Espers that tough, there's no way they'd have needed a drug to get the job done. "

Jirou was getting slightly tired of people asking him questions that he had no idea how to answer. It was starting to make him feel stupid. Why couldn't they ask about the efficacy of sweeping kicks, or the odds of an open Kan increasing your hand's value? Or even better, about his heroic and completely selfless part in the rescue of this kid? Instead all the doctors seemed more concerned with the bits that had happened before Jirou even arrived. They were so annoying; Standing there with their white coats, concerned voices and blurry faces...No, wait, that last one was from his eyes giving out. Maybe he'd better rest them for a while...
    Grand Academy City Hospital*
    The ambulance had arrived at the biggest and most well known hospital of Academy City. It was the leading expert in medical sciences and technologies and it wasn't rare that a major scientific breakthrough on the medical field would be made here.

The building is about 20 floors high and looks like your average concrete and glass building that have been build in modern cities for years. However behind the hospital is a large garden stretching out, with a lake in the middle and beautifully kept patches of flowers, grass and even a miniature forest for patients to rest in.

Above the main entrance was a separate emergency entrance, which could be accessed by the ambulances through a heightened road in the shape of a semi circle. Behind it was the emergency reception where ambulances, who'd bring their patients in, would know where to bring them and check them in.

Right now it was very busy at both entrances, with both ambulances and cars driving off and on to bring in wounded people from the strange earthquake that had happened only half an hour before.

The ambulance stopped with a shock. Barely a second later, emergency medics from inside the hospital came up rushing, flinging open the ambulance doors.

"MOVE IT KID!" they shouted at Jirou, while pulling out the stretcher.

Kadokado cafe street
    Thanks to Katsu's assistance, the medics had been able to respond much more efficiently into aiding the wounded. Most of the victims had been carried off into ambulances and were being transported away. Because of this, only a few, lesser injured people, some medics and mostly Anti Skill investigators remained and the chaos in the street had come to rest.

One could barely grasp the idea that barely 30 minutes before this street was like any other, for buildings had partly caved in, large tears were visible in both the streets and walls while large piles of debris were everywhere.

Anti Skill officers were busy trying to make pictures, take statements and looking for clues of what had just happened. Meanwhile O'Connel stood next to Katsu while bandaging their last patient before he would be taken to the hospital.

"My, my Katsu, I have to tell you." He said to the young hyperactive Esper with a grateful smile. "You've really proven yourself helpful in this whole mess. I was able to assign medics to those who needed them the most much easier then I normally could have done."

"Some coffee would be nice.. oh, and I really like croissants."
    Deep down Cale knew that this officer was just trying to get him to be calm and willing. but only the thought of a breakfast got to him right now.
    "lead the way" he said to the Yamato, getting ready to be driven to his food, still a bit nervous, but not entirely sure if the cop knew that it was him yesterday.
    Anti Skill Headquarters of District 10**

The Anti Skill Headquarters of District 10 was a low concrete building, only 5 stories high. The entrance was located on the corner of two streets and lead to a large hallway. Though before you could enter this hallway, one had to go through a metal detector gate, after which a reception was there to sign you in and out. The lady was hidden behind a glass wall and could only communicate through a speaker. One has to be careful of course.

Once you'd get past this point, the foyer was decorated with large plants and a waiting area with blue comfy couches on a large carpet in the middle. On the other side, across the entrance, were two elevators that would take visitors and employees to the upper floors. The second and third floors were taken by the offices which surrounded a lounge area that contained a sitting area with a television and a small kitchen. The fourth floor was occupied with interrogation rooms, while the fifth floor contained holding and prison cells.

Yamato lead Cale through the security checks and checked in with the receptionist. It had been 30 minutes since the whole scene before Kadokado cafe. Traffic had slowed their car down. Still, up till now things seemed to go easy. He'd have never thought this boy would go with him without any complaints or attitude. Didn't his dad teach him anything or something? Perhaps he was putting up a front and his true nature would show during the interrogation. Then again... why was this boy here anyways? No parents, all alone in this city... it didn't say why in his files.

"Good morning Lillian." Yamato said to the receptionist. The lady responded by slipping a clipboard with a sign in sheet through a slot in the glass, while staring at a computer screen in front of her. "Chatty as usual I see." Yamato grunted while looking at Cale. Lillian, I'd like to have an interrogation room if you don't mind?"

"When?" Lillian didn't bother to look at him and kept her face pointing at the computer screen.

"Right now." Yamato didn't feel like going through any games right now. This was no time for Lillian's usual cranky behavior, he might be about to crack the biggest case in his life. He looked at Cale again. "This is an official interrogation I have to let you know. The interrogation room will record our conversation, hence I can't ask you the questions in my office." Perhaps if he tried to not keep things to vague for this boy, he might get some cooperation in return. The last thing Yamato wanted was having Cale shut tight due to paranoia.

"Room 12 is free." Lillian took back the clipboard that Yamato passed back at her. "Anything else?"

"Yes, could you have some coffee and croissants send there?"

For the first time the woman actually looked up from her computer screen. She first looked at Yamato, but then seemed to notice Cale standing there and her old, cold face seemed to crack up in what looked like a heartwarming smile, but failed. "Sure, it will be there in 5 minutes. Don't forget to turn off your cellphones though."

*OOC: I got no idea if AC has a canon hospital, so I made one myself.
    **OOC: ditto for the headquarters
    Last edited by Lillith; 2011-03-04 at 05:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anti Skill Headquarters of District 10**

The Anti Skill Headquarters of District 10 was a low concrete building, only 5 stories high. The entrance was located on the corner of two streets and lead to a large hallway. Though before you could enter this hallway, one had to go through a metal detector gate, after which a reception was there to sign you in and out. The lady was hidden behind a glass wall and could only communicate through a speaker. One has to be careful of course.

Once you'd get past this point, the foyer was decorated with large plants and a waiting area with blue comfy couches on a large carpet in the middle. On the other side, across the entrance, were two elevators that would take visitors and employees to the upper floors. The second and third floors were taken by the offices which surrounded a lounge area that contained a sitting area with a television and a small kitchen. The fourth floor was occupied with interrogation rooms, while the fifth floor contained holding and prison cells.

Yamato lead Cale through the security checks and checked in with the receptionist. It had been 30 minutes since the whole scene before Kadokado cafe. Traffic had slowed their car down. Still, up till now things seemed to go easy. He'd have never thought this boy would go with him without any complaints or attitude. Didn't his dad teach him anything or something? Perhaps he was putting up a front and his true nature would show during the interrogation. Then again... why was this boy here anyways? No parents, all alone in this city... it didn't say why in his files.

"Good morning Lillian." Yamato said to the receptionist. The lady responded by slipping a clipboard with a sign in sheet through a slot in the glass, while staring at a computer screen in front of her. "Chatty as usual I see." Yamato grunted while looking at Cale. Lillian, I'd like to have an interrogation room if you don't mind?"

"When?" Lillian didn't bother to look at him and kept her face pointing at the computer screen.

"Right now." Yamato didn't feel like going through any games right now. This was no time for Lillian's usual cranky behavior, he might be about to crack the biggest case in his life. He looked at Cale again. "This is an official interrogation I have to let you know. The interrogation room will record our conversation, hence I can't ask you the questions in my office." Perhaps if he tried to not keep things to vague for this boy, he might get some cooperation in return. The last thing Yamato wanted was having Cale shut tight due to paranoia.

"Room 12 is free." Lillian took back the clipboard that Yamato passed back at her. "Anything else?"

"Yes, could you have some coffee and croissants send there?"

For the first time the woman actually looked up from her computer screen. She first looked at Yamato, but then seemed to notice Cale standing there and her old, cold face seemed to crack up in what looked like a heartwarming smile, but failed. "Sure, it will be there in 5 minutes. Don't forget to turn off your cellphones though."
    So these were anti-skills headquarters. Cale couldn't help but send his mind to analyzing the building tactically...
    The security was extremely good, but entirely useless for this city. the holding cells seemed to be on top of the building, so that was just an open invitation to rescue by helicopter.. although you did need a helicopter for that first... And then there was the cellphone command... interesting...

Yamato probably knew that Cale heard that comment of the lady behind the counter... But what Cale used wasn't technically a cellphone, it was a smartphone... he only hoped that it would be a good enough excuse when he had to use it.
    And just why was that hag smiling at him? did she look through his files? was there something she knew? Was she just demented and smiling at random people?... These kind of situations were a lot harder without a legion of immoral hirelings at your command.. And Cale really didn't want his family to get involved in this, on either side... That'd just give them an excuse to interfere with his life again.

Something else Cale had noticed was that the detective was being nice to him.. but even that wasn't very useful. it could be because he wanted to bribe the needed information, or because he was one half of a good-cop bad-cop routine, or because he was plain weird.

"milk... no sugar." He said to the desk hag, hoping that his mouthlessness would be seen as nervousness, not assessment of the environment.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

<"Oh, I moved here about three months ago. Though they didn't 'release' me until two days ago."> Jane responded, wondering what would be the best step to take. Then she stared at her hand, noticing that Jason was still holding it. Her face flushed red at once, would it be rude to pull her hand back? Should she wait till he let go? WAS THERE AN ADULT IN THIS HOUSE SOMEWHERE?!
    Any check from Jane's powers will tell her that no other minds are in the room apart from her's and Jason's. Jason however steps forward towards the boxes, coming to a halt as her arm stops his. He jerks and looks around, noticing he's still holding her hand. His cheeks turn slightly red with embarrassment.
    "[Oh! S-Sorry. I forgot...]"
    He let go of her hand and quickly looks around to the chairs and couch.
    "[Uhhh... Why don't you have a seat while I, uh, get this all set up.]"
    He then starts to go through the boxes, looking for his things. As he's looking through the box, he pauses for a moment. Slowly, but steadily, realization started coming to him.

Did... Did he just hold onto a girl's hand all the way to his house?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

The ambulance stopped with a shock. Barely a second later, emergency medics from inside the hospital came up rushing, flinging open the ambulance doors.

"MOVE IT KID!" they shouted at Jirou, while pulling out the stretcher.
    Jirou didn't so much step from the ambulance as tumble. He hit the ground with a grunt before rolling aside to make way for the medics. After he was absolutely sure they'd passed he got to his feet again, glancing warily around for any more medical ambushes. It was a good thing for them that his reflexes were dulled right now; Normally any doctor who jumped out and yelled at him like that would have become their own next patient.

Jirou followed the rushing medics at a far more leisurely pace than the one they set. He tried his best to make it look like a conscious choice, instead of a necessity to avoid total collapse.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Kadokado cafe street
    Thanks to Katsu's assistance, the medics had been able to respond much more efficiently into aiding the wounded. Most of the victims had been carried off into ambulances and were being transported away. Because of this, only a few, lesser injured people, some medics and mostly Anti Skill investigators remained and the chaos in the street had come to rest.

One could barely grasp the idea that barely 30 minutes before this street was like any other, for buildings had partly caved in, large tears were visible in both the streets and walls while large piles of debris were everywhere.

Anti Skill officers were busy trying to make pictures, take statements and looking for clues of what had just happened. Meanwhile O'Connel stood next to Katsu while bandaging their last patient before he would be taken to the hospital.

"My, my Katsu, I have to tell you." He said to the young hyperactive Esper with a grateful smile. "You've really proven yourself helpful in this whole mess. I was able to assign medics to those who needed them the most much easier then I normally could have done."
    Katsu shrugs avertingly, slightly embarrassed by the praise.

"It was nothing, I didn't even do all that much."

Being in the uncharted area of a situation where he is actually taken seriously, Katsu almost immediately tries to change the subject.

"Do you know who they were? Where they yakuza? Or a gang?"

Not quite back to his normal hyper mindest, Katsu still seems a little shocked by the amount of damage an Esper could do with their powers.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #1012

So these were anti-skills headquarters. Cale couldn't help but send his mind to analyzing the building tactically...
    The security was extremely good, but entirely useless for this city. the holding cells seemed to be on top of the building, so that was just an open invitation to rescue by helicopter.. although you did need a helicopter for that first... And then there was the cellphone command... interesting...

Yamato probably knew that Cale heard that comment of the lady behind the counter... But what Cale used wasn't technically a cellphone, it was a smartphone... he only hoped that it would be a good enough excuse when he had to use it.
    And just why was that hag smiling at him? did she look through his files? was there something she knew? Was she just demented and smiling at random people?... These kind of situations were a lot harder without a legion of immoral hirelings at your command.. And Cale really didn't want his family to get involved in this, on either side... That'd just give them an excuse to interfere with his life again.

Something else Cale had noticed was that the detective was being nice to him.. but even that wasn't very useful. it could be because he wanted to bribe the needed information, or because he was one half of a good-cop bad-cop routine, or because he was plain weird.

"milk... no sugar." He said to the desk hag, hoping that his mouthlessness would be seen as nervousness, not assessment of the environment.
    Headquarters
    "Awww, coming right up cutie!" Lillian said in a singsong voice. Obviously this woman had problems. Yamato looked disturbed at her, this hadn't been the first time she went into 'motherly' mode.

"Eh... let us move to the top floor... quickly."

"Don't forget to drop all communications devices in the bin!" Lillian said, still in the singsong voice. She pointed to a locker bin next to the reception. "Cellphones, smartphones, Blackberries and every device that starts with an 'i' or can get you to communicate with the outside." She winked at Cale. "I'm sure such a cute boy like you has lots of girlfriends that are dying to talk to you, but rules are rules." She looked at Yamato with a stern face again. "You too Yamato. You know the drill."

Any check from Jane's powers will tell her that no other minds are in the room apart from her's and Jason's. Jason however steps forward towards the boxes, coming to a halt as her arm stops his. He jerks and looks around, noticing he's still holding her hand. His cheeks turn slightly red with embarrassment.
    "[Oh! S-Sorry. I forgot...]"
    He let go of her hand and quickly looks around to the chairs and couch.
    "[Uhhh... Why don't you have a seat while I, uh, get this all set up.]"
    He then starts to go through the boxes, looking for his things. As he's looking through the box, he pauses for a moment. Slowly, but steadily, realization started coming to him.

Did... Did he just hold onto a girl's hand all the way to his house?
    Jason's place
    <"Th-th-that's okay."> Jane said. She quickly made her way towards what looked like a place where she could sit down. With her bag in front of her, she seemed lost in what to do with the given situation.

Jirou didn't so much step from the ambulance as tumble. He hit the ground with a grunt before rolling aside to make way for the medics. After he was absolutely sure they'd passed he got to his feet again, glancing warily around for any more medical ambushes. It was a good thing for them that his reflexes were dulled right now; Normally any doctor who jumped out and yelled at him like that would have become their own next patient.

Jirou followed the rushing medics at a far more leisurely pace than the one they set. He tried his best to make it look like a conscious choice, instead of a necessity to avoid total collapse.
    GAC Hospital
    Inside the hospital the chaos was even worse then outside. Nurses and doctors were running around while patients were being carted to operation or dorm rooms.

A young, well shaped, blond haired nurse met up with Jirou as soon as he entered the hospital. Her bright blue eyes made her look very cheerful while she was holding a clipboard in front of her.

"Hello!" she said in a happy voice that seemed kind of out of place with the tense atmosphere of the hospital. I got a call from Arthur that he'd send a boy with an important patient. He asked me to escort you to the waiting room while doctors take care of poor Jackson. She smiled while making the gesture to come along with her. "Would you like something to eat or drink? I heard you had a rough day today."

Katsu shrugs avertingly, slightly embarrassed by the praise.

"It was nothing, I didn't even do all that much."

Being in the uncharted area of a situation where he is actually taken seriously, Katsu almost immediately tries to change the subject.

"Do you know who they were? Where they yakuza? Or a gang?"

Not quite back to his normal hyper mindest, Katsu still seems a little shocked by the amount of damage an Esper could do with their powers.
    Kadokado cafe street
    "Well... actually." O'Connel scratched his chin with a pen that he had been using to fill in sheets of paper. "I only heard of some rumors. Problem is, the only witnesses to what these thugs did are you and your two friends. I figure Anti Skill will follow up with those two, but you might want to report to officer Moreau. She's in charge of this investigation and she might know more."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Jason tried to make himself get busy looking through the boxes to get his mind off the embarrassment.
    "[S-So, um... first time in an earthquake, huh?]"

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Dwarf in the Playground

Headquarters
    "Awww, coming right up cutie!" Lillian said in a singsong voice. Obviously this woman had problems. Yamato looked disturbed at her, this hadn't been the first time she went into 'motherly' mode.

"Eh... let us move to the top floor... quickly."

"Don't forget to drop all communications devices in the bin!" Lillian said, still in the singsong voice. She pointed to a locker bin next to the reception. "Cellphones, smartphones, Blackberries and every device that starts with an 'i' or can get you to communicate with the outside." She winked at Cale. "I'm sure such a cute boy like you has lots of girlfriends that are dying to talk to you, but rules are rules." She looked at Yamato with a stern face again. "You too Yamato. You know the drill."
    Too bad, Cale thought, dropping his prototype phone/laptop/istuff hybrid in the bin.
    "I hope this thing's secure... my mom will get mad if someone steals it..." He said to no-one in particular. He didn't know exactly why, but he didn't like the behaviour of that women behind the desk. People who behaved like that always wanted something from you in Cale's experience.
    Having dropped his communication devices, Cale got ready to follow the detective into the interrogation room.
    Last edited by Rhydeble; 2011-03-06 at 04:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

Inside the hospital the chaos was even worse then outside. Nurses and doctors were running around while patients were being carted to operation or dorm rooms.

A young, well shaped, blond haired nurse met up with Jirou as soon as he entered the hospital. Her bright blue eyes made her look very cheerful while she was holding a clipboard in front of her.

"Hello!" she said in a happy voice that seemed kind of out of place with the tense atmosphere of the hospital. I got a call from Arthur that he'd send a boy with an important patient. He asked me to escort you to the waiting room while doctors take care of poor Jackson. She smiled while making the gesture to come along with her. "Would you like something to eat or drink? I heard you had a rough day today."
    Jirou's expression was a fair bit brighter by the time the nurse had finished speaking. At least someone around here knew the right way to treat him. This was the attitude he'd been expecting (but not getting) from the beginning; Courteous, deferential and considerate. Everyone else had just yelled and asked stupid questions, when they weren't ignoring him altogether. And on top of all that, she was offering food; Even if Jirou hadn't wanted to follow her, his growling stomach would have dragged him along anyway.

"'Rough day' doesn't do it justice. And yeah, a snack would be great."

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Mori Hajime]

Hajime let out a breath of relief as he turned to find he couldn't hear any of the commotion behind him. He decided to turn around and take the long way around, this time going elsewhere. He knew of a nice park a ways from where he currently stood. There was always this one spot that he would go to in order to relax, and right now some relaxation would be a good thing to aquire.

So, he dove in between the buildings onto the street on the other side and headed towards the park.
    If Hajime was seeking solitude as well as serenity then he was unfortunately out of luck; His favoured spot was already occupied. Reclining peacefully on a convenient hillock was a young man, eyes closed in apparent sleep. His features were smooth and untroubled, which combined with the natural surroundings to give him a look of childlike innocence. Hajime's approach elicited no reaction from him; Whether this was from inattention or indifference was hard to say.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Kadokado cafe street
    "Well... actually." O'Connel scratched his chin with a pen that he had been using to fill in sheets of paper. "I only heard of some rumors. Problem is, the only witnesses to what these thugs did are you and your two friends. I figure Anti Skill will follow up with those two, but you might want to report to officer Moreau. She's in charge of this investigation and she might know more."
    Katsu nods absent mindedly.

"That's a cool name...-I mean, that's a good idea"

Shaking himself out of being distracted by Moreau's name Katsuy turns around and speeds down the road.

About ten seconds later O'Connel may feel somebody suddenly standing right behind him.

"Uhm, where is Coolname-sama?"

Katsu still seems to miss why people jump when he does that.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

If Hajime was seeking solitude as well as serenity then he was unfortunately out of luck; His favoured spot was already occupied. Reclining peacefully on a convenient hillock was a young man, eyes closed in apparent sleep. His features were smooth and untroubled, which combined with the natural surroundings to give him a look of childlike innocence. Hajime's approach elicited no reaction from him; Whether this was from inattention or indifference was hard to say.
    Actually, Hajime didn't mind so much. As long as this new person didn't think of prying too much, he wouldn't mind someone else being in his spot, so much as he didn't take his seat as well.

His seat was in the larger-than-normal sakura tree, or rather, against it. With an expression of neutrality on his face, Hajime gave a short courtesy to the young man before walking up to the sakura tree and sitting down by it. He then leans against it, setting his books down on the ground before opening them. The gentle flipping of pages soon could be heard as he begins to study them intently.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Somewhere in Academy City
    The streets were all but abandoned. It seemed that people here were enjoying their free Sunday by staying in their beds. Nothing seemed to suggest that people were aware what was happening in District 10. Only three or four people were up and about, but otherwise the street was completely vacant. A large blue truck screeches through the streets, barely avoiding the few pedestrians that were there. This alone would make any Anti-Skill officer notice it and grind his teeth, but just before the truck disappeared one of it's side doors seems to open and a large elongated package is dropped on a pile of garbage.

What to do, chase the truck or check what they threw out?

Jason tried to make himself get busy looking through the boxes to get his mind off the embarrassment.
    "[S-So, um... first time in an earthquake, huh?]"
    Jason's place
    <"Yeah..."> Jane nodded with a pale face. <"In Britain we don't really have those kind of things. Only floods when a levee breaks. No volcanoes, no earthquakes or tornados."> She shuddered at the thought and looked around at the room that she was sitting in. <"Now that I think about it, I'm kind of boring when it comes to life experiences. Do earthquakes happen a lot here? I've been here for... three months or so and this is the first time that I experienced one."> Nervously, she started to rummage into her bag, looking for something.

Too bad, Cale thought, dropping his prototype phone/laptop/istuff hybrid in the bin.
    "I hope this thing's secure... my mom will get mad if someone steals it..." He said to no-one in particular. He didn't know exactly why, but he didn't like the behaviour of that women behind the desk. People who behaved like that always wanted something from you in Cale's experience.
    Having dropped his communication devices, Cale got ready to follow the detective into the interrogation room.
    District 10 headquarters
    "Don't worry about your phone, if Lillian is good in anything it's making sure nothing gets stolen." Yamato found it strange that the boy mentioned his mother. He thought that contact to both sides had been broken. Was this kid lying or perhaps there was more and he still had connections to his relatives. If so, then that would explain a lot of things.

Yamato led Cale into the interrogation room and disappeared for a moment before returning with a brown envelope and a blue binder. Both he lay down in front of him while he took a seat.

"So lets..." There was a knock on the door. Yamato stood up again and opened, taking a plate stacked with croissants and a big mug of steaming coffee, which he passed along to Cale before sitting down again. "Alright, now let's get started."
    (OOC: I figure Cale might want to sit down and have a bite first before I start the next part of the plot. It would be a lot of assuming on my part to just go ahead. )

Jirou's expression was a fair bit brighter by the time the nurse had finished speaking. At least someone around here knew the right way to treat him. This was the attitude he'd been expecting (but not getting) from the beginning; Courteous, deferential and considerate. Everyone else had just yelled and asked stupid questions, when they weren't ignoring him altogether. And on top of all that, she was offering food; Even if Jirou hadn't wanted to follow her, his growling stomach would have dragged him along anyway.

"'Rough day' doesn't do it justice. And yeah, a snack would be great."
    GAC Hospital cafeteria
    The nurse looked sympathetic at the poor boy and help open a door to the cafeteria for him. "Oh you poor thing! Let's get you something to eat first then before I bring you to the waiting room. The patient is going to be in the emergency room for a while anyways. First they have to find out what happened to him, I heard they think it might be drugs. Of course after they find out what kind of drug it is they'll have to counter it. I guess after that they're going to find out if he has any other serious injuries. Oh thank goodness you came along to help the poor kid! I heard he's the son of some important politician! Can you imagine what would happen if a boy like that got kidnapped?! I bet the whole city would be looking for him! But that didn't happen because you were just in time and-..."

The nurse looked at Jirou for a second, realizing that she had been chattering away again like usual. "Oh for goodness sake, I'm so sorry. You must be very tired after such an ordeal and I'm just talking away like nothing is wrong! I mean, where are my manners? I'm nurse Shore. But you can call me nurse Rachel if you want." She sticked out her hand.

Katsu nods absent mindedly.

"That's a cool name...-I mean, that's a good idea"

Shaking himself out of being distracted by Moreau's name Katsuy turns around and speeds down the road.

About ten seconds later O'Connel may feel somebody suddenly standing right behind him.

"Uhm, where is Coolname-sama?"

Katsu still seems to miss why people jump when he does that.
    Street in front of the Kadokado cafe
    It was hard for O'Connel to not jump in the air again with Katsu's sudden return. Honestly two more of those and he would be on a stretcher himself due to heartfailure.

He looked around the street after Katsu's question. Most civilians had left the scene already so the street was occupied mostly by Anti Skill and medics. It wasn't that difficult to spot Moreau from the crowd. He had to report to the woman before he came here and it wasn't often that he had met a woman with such fiery red woman. What a gal.

"Alright, you see that woman over there?" O'Connel pointed towards the entrance of the Kadokado cafe, where a tall woman with a big bush of wavy red hair in an Anti Skill uniform was taking notes from a civilian. "That's officer Moreau. I think she's very friendly. Just go over to her and tell her you want to make a statement because you're a witness to the scene of events that have occurred... Or just tell her you know who caused the mess." O'Connel looked at the woman again. "Oh... and tell her I said hi!"

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Some time later, a lone form can be seen skipping through the street, hurrying towards Kadokado Cafe. I'm latelatelatelatelate!, Fujii Hinata thinks as he hurries to his date, doing his best not to slip on the slippery pavement, hoping that sweating won't ruin his make-up.

He finds no sign of the flustered police officer. Indeed, he doesn't even get to the cafe before being cut off by Anti-Skill vehicles and operatives. He's left staring dumbfounded at the wreckage that has emptied the popular hang-out locale from people.

"What the ****!?!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Dwarf in the Playground

District 10 headquarters
    "Don't worry about your phone, if Lillian is good in anything it's making sure nothing gets stolen." Yamato found it strange that the boy mentioned his mother. He thought that contact to both sides had been broken. Was this kid lying or perhaps there was more and he still had connections to his relatives. If so, then that would explain a lot of things.

Yamato led Cale into the interrogation room and disappeared for a moment before returning with a brown envelope and a blue binder. Both he lay down in front of him while he took a seat.

"So lets..." There was a knock on the door. Yamato stood up again and opened, taking a plate stacked with croissants and a big mug of steaming coffee, which he passed along to Cale before sitting down again. "Alright, now let's get started."

Food.. finally some food. it had been like forever.

if forever took about half a day.

After sitting down and seeing the food come in, Cale didn't even pretend to remember his lessons in high-class dining. He took two croissants and stuffed them into his mouth at the same time.
    "pfwhath dwho shyou wanths bwalk abwouth enywhey?" He replied, trying to talk through a barrier of solid food, it might not be polite to speak with a full mouth, but it was certainly time-efficient... still, Cale decided to swallow his full mouth, and continued with proper speech. "If this is about that earthquake, ask Jirou. I just helped him"