New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Lumpy

The thick half-orc grunts exultantly as he rises into the air, already rummaging through Lissa's sack for a potion so he can get back into things. Abruptly though, he stops, bobbing gently in the air. Those who can see his face would almost all agree.. terrified half-orcs are even more grotesque than normal.

((Grah, so close.. And if he's paralyzed, he doesn't fall does he? That'd be embaressing.))

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the drow priestess rises to her feet in undeath, Lissa drops to her knees in terror, and the lizardman stumbles backward in fear. Fizahn, Linda, and Elthan freeze in their tracks. Lumpy bobs in midair, his face frozen into a grotesque rictus of horror.

Shivering, Trinark bring up a gleaming longsword that he had retrieved from the debris at the base of the throne. Alone, he confronts the undead priestess, but his movements with the longsword are clumsy, and he almost drops the weapon when she smashes him aside with her forearm.

Achkby fires an acid arrow from across the bridge, striking her in the shoulder. Darius' flaming arrow also flies true, but the drow priestess moves with alarming speed, knocking the arrow out of the air. The arrow hisses at it spirals downward to the the rocks below.

Thokk and Sheyra charge almost shoulder to shoulder across the bridge. Aeroz soars above them, flying toward the unliving priestess like a guided missile.

Elthan, farthest toward the back, trains a ray of enfeeblement on one of the last remaining spiders, and watches with satisfaction as the spider's wobbly legs collapse.

OOC: Trinark fumbles with a natural 1. The drow priestess misses with a 17. Achkby hits for 4 points of damage this round. (An additional 5 points will be applied next round.) Darius misses with an 18.

Thokk, Sheyra, and Aeroz engage the priestess. Go ahead and roll attacks and damage vs AC 20. The priestess has DR 5.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

Darius

Darius' mouth drops. "Impossible..."

Being Darius, however, he quickly regains his composure "Let's see if you can do it a second time!" Darius says, launching an arrow. "How 'bout a third time?" He calls as he fires again.

((Wow, I'm gonna level up like a crazy man when this is done!))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

4. - Top - End - #634
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drop Companion

Trinark grits his teeth and focuses on the foe before him. He will remain in combat with the drow skeleton, looking for an opening.

"Lumpy, I could use some help over here..."

Lets try this again...

5. - Top - End - #635
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

Almost as if in response to Trinark's plea, the snubnosed orc's eyes narrow, wide-eyed fear replaced by the sharpness of rage (though it's not really a great improvement on his appreance.) Overriding anger pushed fear from his mind, anger at driders, anger at spiders, poison, undead, anything there was to be angry at. Orcish nature at it's best.

With a hoarsely growled roar, he wills himself to drop back down, starting an awkward jog to move up alongside the others, poison wieghing him down, but not enough to stop him yet.

((I'm not sure what kind of action dropping back to the floor requires, but if he can still do that and move and attack, he will. He was already 40 feet across the bridge, so there should only be 20 feet left to go. If so, he hits with a 22 (15 +7), for 2 damage (6 + 1 - 5) If not, oh well.))

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

The rogue continues to moan incoherently, huddled on the stone of the bridge amid giant spider corpses and body parts. Fear fills her white-rimmed eyes.

(OOC: We pause for this magically-induced panic attack. Lissa will be with you after this round!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

7. - Top - End - #637

Aeroz

In front of the undead cleric, Aeroz drops his dagger and draws his mace and slams it into the cleric.

[OOC: Rolled 15+6, damage 6 (Most undead are vulnerable to bludgeoning, so I am going to assume that this one is too]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"BURN IN THE DEEPEST PITS OF THE ABYSS!"

OOC:
    Thokk's to hit is a lovely +10
    Damage is 1d10 + 6, with a +1 weapon

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Seeing the approach of the warriors in the group, Trinark executes a defensive withdraw from melee.

[OOC: Sorry folks, I'm not much in melee especially with Strength damage from the spiders and fighting with a foreign weapon. Get 'em Fighters!]

10. - Top - End - #640

Lizardkin Druid
    The fear turns overwhelming as the lizardkin averts his eyes his eyes from the horror. His emotions a tangled knot of fear, anger and shame.
    Even the sight of the young one charging toward it not enough to stir his leaden limbs into motion.

Blocking out his senses, the reptilian digs into his core. He fights the confusion in his mind, continuously slapping away his attempts to regain control.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

11. - Top - End - #641

All spiders gone, yes?

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby moves closer ot Darius, feeling oddly safer next to the maniacal archer.

"Can't block these!" he shouts as he releases two more reddish orbs from his wand.

[OOC]Use Wand of Magic Missile on the priestess again. That's the... third use, yes?[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

12. - Top - End - #642

Lumpy and Aeroz converge on the priestess from the air, while Thokk and Sheyra close in on foot. Trinark gratefully withdraws from the melee, holding his newly acquired longsword in front of him defensively.

Lumpy and Aeroz smash the undead drow from opposite directions, while Thokk slices downward across the priestess' torso. The evil power animating the priestess gives her unnatural toughness, and although her ribs and collarbone shatter with satisfying crackles, she continues to grin evilly as if the attacks were mere annoyances. Her empty eye sockets fixate on Thokk.

WHAM!!!, her arm is a blur as she backhands Thokk with a dry, withered forearm. The dwarf is knocked off of his feet, skidding backwards, sliding to a stop just inches from the edge of the bridge.

Achkby fires more magic missiles from his wand, as Darius fires a pair of flaming arrows at the priestess, carefully aiming to miss his comrades. Achkby's orbs strike the priestess, and one of the arrows catches in her robes, setting them ablaze. She hisses in agony as she quickly bats out the flames.

Darius grins in satisfaction only to be knocked to the ground by the skull drider who, taking advantage of the confusion, has dropped down onto the archer from above. The drider sinks its fangs into Darius' neck as its spidery legs caress his body gently ...

OOC: Lumpy, Aeroz, and Thokk all hit AC 20 for a total of 11 points of damage. Achkby hits for 6 damage (plus 5 more points from the acid arrow). Darius hits once for 10 points of damage. The priestess has taken a total of 36 points of damage.

The priestess criticals Thokk with a 31 and 26 for 26 points of damage.

Skull drider hits Darius with a 22, biting for 4 points of damage. Darius saves vs poison with a 23.

13. - Top - End - #643

Elthan II

*Elthan, grining, turns from the recently saped drider to the skull drider that droped down near Darius.*

"Oh no you don't!"
    *The same drainging red ray springs from Elthans hands again*

(OOC: from 35ft away, Ray of Enfeeblement.
    Range touch attack--> 16 + 3- 19
    Damage--> 4+1= 5 Str damage)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

14. - Top - End - #644

Aeroz

Desparate times call for desperate measures. Gods I hope this works.

Aeroz sheathes his rapier and pulls out a bright green vial. He uncorks the vial and tries to splash the preistess with it's contents.

[OOC: Ranged touch 22 (15+7), potion of cure moderate wounds. The spelll hurts undead, so why not the potion? 16 positive energy damage to lichy bitchy there.]

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

15. - Top - End - #645

Fizahn:

Fizahn snaps out of his paralysis as the drider falls on Darius. Quickly readying his "short sword", he rushes to Darius's aid. He makes a quick thrust at the drider.

OOC: Attacking skull drider with a 20 (13+7) for 5 (3+2) damage.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 07:51 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

16. - Top - End - #646

If I go before Elthan I (which I think is the case) or he misses:

Achkby jumps away from Darius as the spider-thing descends upon him, and casts a spell full of long, hissing syllables. A crackling red ray reaches out hit the creature.

[OOC]Ray of Enfeeblement @ Drider, +5. 19+5=24 to hit, for 3+2=5 Str damage.[/OOC]

If I go after Elthan I and he hits:

Achkby jumps away from the Drider, and activates his wand once again to blast it with his luminiscent red globes of force.

[OOC]Using Wand of Magic Missile. The two deal 2 and 2 damage (minimum! yuck).[/OOC]

[OOC]As a note... I feel guilty for duplicating his move. But I would also feel stupid if I did something different, because I know that's what he's going to do. Because Achkby doesn't.
    What's our policy on posting an action after someone behind you in the initiative order has already posted?[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

In the past, Lissa has reacted to any sort of insectoid creature with irrational panic. One would expect her to do the same at the sudden appearance of the skull drider. Now, though... now she snaps out of her paralyzing fear, eyes narrowed and glaring at the drider in pure hate. Picking up her rapier, Lissa gestures and chants softly to herself. A taunting voice that sounds remarkably like Lissa herself comes from behind the drider. "You may have got me, worthless halfbreed, but you won't get my friend! And what's more, you'll notice I escaped! Both times! And all of us will escape again, incompetent dung-eater!" The voice turns into a mocking singsong.

"Attercop! Attercop!
    You'll regret the day,
    You tried to take a gnome
    And pack her away!
    Spider-drow, lookit now,
    You're about to die!
    And so I bid you
    A cheerful goodbye!"

The ghostly voice giggles hysterically.

(OOC: Pick up dropped rapier (move), use ghost sound ability (standard). Even if the drider doesn't understand Draconic, the tone should be unmistakable. ;) )

18. - Top - End - #648

Darius

"Argh! Geroff me!" Darius says, grabbing at the drider and atemmpting to hurl it off of him into the abyss. "Krike! He bit me! 'Elp!"

((I guess this would be grapple, or counter-grapple or something... so I have a +2 Str Bonus.Tell me if you want me to roll, DR. Thinking of multiclassing to bard soon, Lissa? ;D))
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

19. - Top - End - #649
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

The intensity of Lumpy's anger seems to subside as the priestess hammers Thokk backwards, "Ah, Hell.." A sober looks crosses his face, his fighting style changing abruptly. Conscious of his deteriorating condition, his wild swings coalesce into a tight defense, focused strikes aimed for a classic loop and draw, trying to hook the undead drow and drag her from her feet.

((Full expertise, AC 22, attempts trip:

Melee touch attack 11 + 3 = 14
    Opposed Check 19 + 5 = 24
    If successful,
    Followup attack 14 + 3 = 17
    Damage 7 + 1 = 8
    He'll drop his flail rather than be tripped in return))

If the priestess is successfully tripped, Lumpy calls out to Trinark in undercommon, diverting his attention from the fight long enough to unsling Lissa's pack and toss it back to him, "Help the damned dwarf!"

((I hope that counts as a move-equivelant action, Thokk doesn't have much time))

20. - Top - End - #650
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Trinark moves instantly to render aid to the dwarf. He appears to be mumbling under his breath, but difficult to make out the words.

[OOC: DR, up to you. Either Healing skill or...]

21. - Top - End - #651

Lizardkin Druid
    Thoughts and memories flicker past his consciousness randomly. Blocking out his senses, Ssathiyaa remembers a distant memory. A memory he had not long recalled. As the sounds of the battle die out and his senses divorce themselves from the present, the memory swims more clearly into focus.

It was 4 years ago.The old one had been teaching him. The interconnectedness of everything within The Balance. Tat Avm Si ...That Which Is

The image distorts as the chaos and fear twists his mind. He fights it, his face grimaces to any who see him
    -----------------
    He was sitting in his master's hut.
    The words had been simple but he could not understand or rather he could. But he could not see his master's teaching.

He had been running in the marsh. Running...running. Hiis limbs ached with fatigue. He had tripped. He had not seen the ground. A small mistake.

A growl.

He had not seen the tiger. A mistake that would cost him his life.

It easily dodged the dart he hurled at it. Closing his hand on something as he scrambled away, he cried out as he felt a bite. A VIPER! ..A spinning head..a hungry tiger.Pain! The viper coiled and slithered away.
    Frustration tore thru him as he scrambled on one elbow. A mixture of fear, elatedness,freedom, pain and confusion buffeted him but then, he saw the present with a sudden clarity!

He saw IT.

Words could not express it. Nothing he had experienced before had prepared him.

He understood [i]How[i] he was part of something greater. As he snapped back into the NOW, he felt nothing; simply a calm as open and great as the sky.
    GO AWAY,
    he willed at the tiger. And after looking at him with burning bright eyes, it did.
    He limped back eventually. But there was no hurry. All places were One. He was not alone.
    He named the viper, 'Tcha'.
    -------------------
    {In his mind:}
    The distortions had ebbed as the memory intensified and finally ceased to touch it. The fear swirled and crashed around it like the eye of a storm. Taking a breath, he pushed the calm outward. The resistance was great but he would not give in and finally he felt it begin to buckle.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

22. - Top - End - #652
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra furiously attacks the undead drow, not caring that she is barely capable of damaging it.

OOC: The Internet won't work on my normal computer, so I don't have access to my character sheet this week. Also, I have been and will be rather busy, so if I don't post and we're still fighting, just have Sheyra keep attacking the priestess.
    And then they made me their cheif.

23. - Top - End - #653

The priestess grins as Aeroz throws the healing potion into her face. She makes a faint dry rasping noise ... laughter.

The priestess ignores Sheyra's ineffectual punches and kicks, and instead turns to face Lumpy.

Lumpy's flail whistles through the air, catching the drow priestess behind the calf, bringing her down flat on her back. She rebounds to her feet, seeming to defy physics, but not before Lumpy follows up with a mighty blow that caves in much of her chest.

As the priestess regains her feet, Lumpy's flail sparks on the stone bridge then rises upward, catching the undead priestess across the face. Her cheekbone shatters, and bone fragments fly, and yet her grotesque smile never fades.

WHAM! She backhands Lumpy much as she did Thokk, sending him tumbling off the bridge. He falls, unconscious, into empty space. His flail spirals off into the darkness, eventually clattering onto the sharp rocks below.

[hr]
    Lissa distracts the skull drider while Fizahn and Achkby rush to Darius' aid. Fizahn creases the drider's abdomen with his "sword", while Achkby keeps blasting away with his wand. Darius attempts to roll free of the drider, but the large aberration holds on with its many legs, continuing to suck the blood from Darius' throat.

[hr]
    Trinark crawls over to Thokk's inert body. As the drow mumbles, the longsword in his hand begins to glow faintly. When Trinark places his hand on Thokk's forehead, there is a brief flash of light from the sword and, with a sudden gasp, Thokk sits up and his eyes fly open.

OOC: Sheyra misses. Aeroz's CLW potion has no effect. Lumpy trips the priestess, but his follow up misses. When the priestess stands up, Sheyra misses but Lumpy hits with an AOO for 3 points of damage. Lumpy is hit for 13 points of damage and is knocked off the bridge.

Elthan causes 5 points of STR damage. Achkby hits for 4 points. Fizahn hits for 5 points. Lissa uses ghost sound. The skull drider hits Darius for 4 points. Darius saves vs poison, taking no STR damage.

Trinark casts CLW on Thokk for 10 points.

The skull drider has taken 33 points of damage. The undead drow priestess has taken 42 points of damage.

24. - Top - End - #654

"Here we go, brave comrades. Now is the time to do away with this monstrosity once and for all!" Achkby cries, his voice even higher than usual with excitement. He pays no attention to the skirmish with the priestess, his attantion entirely consumed with the much closer threat of the Drider.

What else can I do... this wand is of little use... but I daren't shoot anything else, it might hit Darius. Here we go again...

He blasts at the thing once more with his wand, and the two orbs connect with the thing's exoskeleton with much more satisfying crunches.

[OOC]Much better. 4 & 5 damage, respectively.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

25. - Top - End - #655

Darius

"Goddamn! Get off my neck you bastard!"

Darius attempts to grab the drider by it's neck, shaking it and attempting to wrench it off him and throw it down the way of poor Lumpy.

At least I don't feel sick yet. I could made poison salad dressing from those drow arrows... and that... undead abomination is massacering my friends, I have to get this damn drider off me!
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

26. - Top - End - #656

Aeroz

Seeing the potion had little to no effect, he continues dishing out the hurt with his mace.

[OOC: 10+5=15=Miss]

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Unfortunately, Lissa looks up just in time to see Lumpy go tumbling off the bridge. She gasps, shoving her fist in her mouth to choke off a scream. Don't scream, don't scream, you'll lose any surprise you have! Biting her lip, the gnome shifts her grip on her rapier and glares at the drider on top of Darius. I may not be able to save Lumpy, but by Baravar I'll do my best to help Darius! Lissa charges at the creature rapier-first, aiming for what looks like a vulnerable spot on the belly.

OOC: I can't find rules for combining a charge and a sneak attack, so if it's allowed that's what I'll do. If not, move and sneak attack (+2d6).

Attack= 23 w/charge or 21 (roll 13, atk +8, charge +2)
    Reg. damage= 1 (min. damage :P )
    Sneak damage= 7 (roll 3 + roll 4)

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Springing up*

"Thanks laddie, now LET US DESTORY HER"

*To the Undead*

"TIME TO LAY TO REST, THE FORGE TAKE YOU"

OOC: Thokk moves to attack, but does not charge the undead, keeping his AC as high as possible

Thokk To Hit (1d20 + 10=30)

Thokk Confirm Crit (1d20 + 10=23) (I wish)

Thokk Crit Damage (2d10 + 12=25)

I hate undead and their inabiliity to be crit...

As such, 16 damage it is (Im usising the first roll)

11 damage through, not bad

29. - Top - End - #659

The skull drider is rocked by the barrage of magic missiles from Achkby's wand. When Lissa springs in and stabs the drider in the back, the drider realizes that it has had enough.

It releases Darius, and scuttles away, dropping off the edge of the bridge and disappearing underneath it.

Darius climbs to his feet shakily, then retrieves his bow while Achkby and Lissa smile, pleased to have driven off the drider for now ...

[hr]
    Trinark's touch has miraculously brought back Thokk from the brink of death. Without pausing to reflect on how close he has come to oblivion, Thokk grabs his sword and re-engages the drow priestess in mortal combat.

Ignoring the grinding of his broken ribs, Thokk roars and thrusts his bastard sword completely through the drow priestess' chest until a foot and a half of shining steel protrudes from between her shoulder blades. Thokk smiles into the drow priestess' face and whispers, "May the Forge take you, bitch!"

Thokk's attack would have been instantly fatal to almost any living enemy, but the drow has not been alive for a long time ...

The priestess ignores the fact that she is impaled on Thokk's sword. Instead, she reaches out with her left hand, grabbing Thokk around the neck. Her grip tightens with unnatural strength as Thokk tries in vain to escape from her bony fingers.

The amulet's glow rises in intensity as she squeezes harder and harder and harder. Aeroz can only watch in horror as Thokk's face turns blue and his eyes roll up into his skull. Mercifully, eventually Thokk's vertebral column gives way with a loud SNAP! and Thokk's body goes limp.

The priestess releases her grip and Thokk, the last of the Mithral Guard, slumps to the ground with a muffled clanging of platemail ...

OOC: The skull drider takes 17 more points of damage, for a cumulative total of 50 points, but it is still alive. The drow priestess is hit by Thokk for 11 (10 + 6 - 5) points of damage, for a cumulative total of 53 points of damage. Thokk is hit with a 23 (12 + 11) for 16 (6 + 10) points of damage, dropping him to -15 HP.

30. - Top - End - #660

"There we go, get the hell off! Go back to-"

What?! How could this happen? Damn it! If only that drider hadn't gotten in the way. If you hadn't missed it when it was on the ledge you would've been there to help him! You fool! Once again you've condemned a living being to death! You promised yourself that this would be the last time! A broken promise... how many of those have there been? Stop thinking, start acting. No! We need to get out of here! She could kill us all, I can't let the others die. So save them, but don't run, if you can succeed... only death will die.

Darius lifts his bow as he wipes the blood from his neck. "Don't think...

Two more flaming arrows whirl through the darkness towards the abomination's chest.

Currently Playing:
    OOC