New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Lizardkin Druid
    Hearing Aeroz's shout he moves off Djital with his back to the two captives. A false move, an escape attempt and that would be the end. He rips the silk cocoon open not heeding the spilling items and retrieves what erbs he can and binding what wounds he sees with the silk tatters.
    He shakes the face of the half-orc gently and tries to rouse him

"Potion? I can call spells no more this day."

Not one more.
    Beast-friend
    Dragon-heart
    Bear-roar
    Will we all fall in eternal night before Sethra?

He glances at Fizahn and Sheyra.

The musty emptiness of the cavern bears down on him. His instincts tell him to not linger after the pack gathers.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elthan II

*Elthan, having been at loss at how to reply to the lizard, decides to answer sheyra's question.*
    "Well, I know of no spells which would make one remember, if one even exist. But what would be the point? We know can easily tell what has happened. These two where in the underdark, they encountered our witch here, and where transformed into driders. They attacked us, we killed the witch, some of us died. The witch killed thokk, and she is dead, an eye for an eye. The driders killed no-one, and are, if true, back to normal. What I'm wondering is if thier normal selves are the kind we would want to keep around..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

The sound of somebody crying hard and trying to do so as quietly as possible echoes up the bridge towards Achkby. As he approaches, he sees her sitting on the ground, arms wrapped around her knees, face buried. A muffled, hoarse voice comes out. "Go 'way. I told you, leave me alone."

Why is almost everyone else so eager to kill? Blood doesn't wash out blood... killing those men won't bring back Thokk or Lumpy. Revenge should teach the offender a lesson, that's the way of Baravar, and dead people can't learn. I'm so sick of this place. Why did I ever take this on? It's not like I'm ever going to succeed. And Achkby... gods, I thought I liked him. I do. But he's so, so, argh!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

4. - Top - End - #724

Darius

"Well, here's my plan. We need to rest, we're all beat up, our casters need their spells... and we can't let these two go until we're positive they're trustworthy.

So, we leave them tied up for the night and we rest. When we wake, I'll tie just their hands. We can set guards over them and walk them to the Glittersea with us. Maybe they'll have a chance to prove themselves on our way out of here."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

5. - Top - End - #725

Aeroz

"Well, it didn't really answer my question about who these naked people are."

Aeroz goes over to Thokk's corpse and takes the noble dwarf's bastard sword. His mace still in hand, he bows his head in sorrow. This is the second weapon he had to take from a dead friend.

"We need to cremate his remains. It wont' be good having other predators attracted to his scent. Someone take his armor too. We have to schedule another trip to another temple. He died nobley in battle, so let's send him back to the forge."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

6. - Top - End - #726

Fizahn:

"Give them time to explain themselves! Let them tell their story uninterrupted. They could be the victims here." Fizahn says looking at the party. He scoffs when Trinark talks. Ungrateful drow. "You shouldn't be talking drow. We could have said you were tainted because you were drow and left you to the spiders, but we saved you and brought you along. Shortly after we brought you, Sedryn was murdered, but we didn't blame you. I'm certain that if we had left you, there would be three driders instead of just two. And if they are tainted from the transformation, wouldn't Elthan or Achkby be able to detect the magical taint on them." Why doesn't anyone ever think anything through logically. You can tell a lot about a wizard by the spells in his book. Let's hope we can find his, wizards are useless without them.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 07:59 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

7. - Top - End - #727

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Great. Now what. If I don't know what to say, why am I here?

"Er... Lissa," he says again, then stops. "I think that it's really, ah, admirable that you're so keen to defend these, ah, humans, now that they are humans, and that they are helpless. But what I think, er, that you need to understand, is that we, I mean, the lizardkin and me... we can't accept that they're safe just because they don't have fangs any more. I know you think hat we should be nice to them now... and I see why you want to, after all of the cruels things we've dealt with recently... and so do I, really... but at the same time, the image of one of the things with its fangs sunk into Darius' neck is indelibly etched into my mind. And I'm not going to forgive them until I know that the soul that did that is not still lurking in them.
    Can you understand that?
    "

Maybe I should have apologized... no, you might win her that way, but this is what I feel.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

A wet sniffle comes from the huddled gnome. Lissa looks up, face blotchy, damp, and red-eyed. "Yes, believe it or not. I wasn't asking anyone to instantly let them go or anything. That would be stupid. I just don't want to kill them." She lets out a deep sigh, and fishes in her belt pouch for the much-abused rag. A loud honnnnnk sounds as she blows her runny nose. "They're not a threat to us now. It's like when we found Trinark. If they turn out to be dangerous later, then I have some very interesting plans involving heavy rocks, wire and certain tender body parts. I got drider fangs in my own neck, remember? And I hate giant bugs! But I'm not going to act on those plans unless I know I'm justified, and I just don't think we know enough right now." Lissa gives the sorcerer a somber look. "Can you understand that?"

9. - Top - End - #729
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra

"It may not be a coincidence that poor Sedryn was killed just days before running into these two," Sheyra says. "Now that we don't have a cleric with us, we don't have access to spells that might determine their intent or make sure they aren't lying." She makes sure to pay careful attention to what the two men say in order to determine if they are lying.

OOC: Sense Motive, please?
    And then they made me their cheif.

10. - Top - End - #730

Fizahn:

"That's highly unlikely. I'm certain that the undead drow priestess was pulling the strings. In order for your scenario to work, that would mean the drow priestess would die, and I'm sure she wouldn't want that. Also, why would she want to infiltrate our party? What did she know about our quests? She probably would have taken Sedryn alive so she could turn him into another drider minion. To her, we were only prey to be converted into driders. She didn't know what we're doing down here, she just wanted more minions!" Fizahn seems almost ready to stop, when another thought springs into his mind. "These are just normal people who were transformed into driders by the priestess and when we destroyed her amulet they transformed back! This would have happened to Lissa and Trinark if we had left them also! Also, you know how Sedryn was killed without any noise or clue of his aggressor? Well, Lissa's capture wasn't as subtle. We'd have known if they killed Sedryn. We're facing two or more completely different groups of enemies, and we just vanquished one."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 08:01 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #731

Djital, naked human

"Of course I will scout. I'll carry a good sized load, too. Anything is better than death, or being left here. Where are you going and how are you planning to reach it? And, where did you come down?"

Snapping his attention to the gnome, "How many have you lost? Enemies? You mean the Drow? If they're pushing in, you might want to get a move on. They travel heavily armed and in numbers, if they wanted to pass through our territory and live.

It should be safe to camp here, but I would like to be rid of this place. You- flying fellow! You'll find that there are at least a few valuable things down in that chasm which your friends could use. If the rest of you would allow me to search the throne, and anywhere else where there is likely to be traps or treasure, I might prove my worth within the hour."

12. - Top - End - #732

Aeroz

Turning his attention away from Thokk and Sedryn's weapon and turns to face the naked man.

"Hey, buddy, don't be making demands of someone you just met. That and I'm sort of greiving here. It's a process."

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

13. - Top - End - #733

Djital

Shrugging his shoulders, "Ermh, I wasn't demanding. Just suggesting. Sometimes I speak without thinking too much first, and I see you floating about, and, yeah. I'll be quiet now.

14. - Top - End - #734

The monstrous spiders looked down on the humanoids arguing amongst themselves on the bridges below ...

Without the drow priestess or the driders to compel them, the spiders had been momentarily disoriented, but soon enough instinct took over, and the warm, fleshy morsels milling about below proved irresistable.

First one, then three, then six, then all thirty-six of the remaining monstrous spiders begin to descend silently on strands of silk ...

Looking up, Elthan sees the movement in the darkness above and recognizes the danger.

"Time's up boys and girls! We have to get out of here NOW! Grab Lumpy and Thokk (and the prisoners maybe) and RUN!"

OOC: Move or die ...

15. - Top - End - #735

Achkby snaps around at Elthan's cry, and then twirls back around to Lissa, face pointing skyward.

"I can, but let's discuss it later. It's time to leave this place."
    With that, he grabs her hand to pull her to her feet and along the bridge with him, back towards the rest of the party.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

16. - Top - End - #736

Lizardkin Druid
    Snapping potent herbs before the half-orc's face, Ssathiya lets the half-orc stir. The pungent aroma forces him up coughing. He motions for Sheyra to help the half-orc and runs to where Thokk lies. Using all his strength he hoists Thokk up buckling under the weight and moves for the exit as fast as he can

"Flame-archer" to Darius"Aid me"

OOC: I may say that but reaaly KOD, i'm expecting you to make an executive decision regarding the 2 prisoners. If it wasn't for all the STR drained partymates, I'd stand and fight..all those items we're leaving behind..sniff..sniff
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

17. - Top - End - #737

Aeroz

"D!!! Get Lumpy, I got Thokk. MOVE!!"

Using whatever is left of the flying potion, Aeroz grabs Thokk and bolts to where to the other party members are running.

[OOC: Since I forget where the best exit is, just assume where the party members are running means the exit.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Callos

Looking up after the elf called attention to the spiders, the human began to squirm and roll on the ground until he could sit up, cursing his luck the entire time.

"Hey don't leave us here for the spiders! I've got a rough idea on how to get to a ferry that crosses the Glimmersea! And I'm pretty sure thats useful! At least untie my legs so I can run!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #739

Darius

Darius turns to the lizard and runs over to where it is helping Lumpy. "Hurry, we don't have much time."

He fires arrow after firey arrow at the descending arachnids until the lizard and the orc begin to move.

Then he notices the prisoners, squirming in fear.

He hesitates for a moment, then tosses his bow over his arm. "Damn it!" He loosens the knot just enough so that they can get free, and then makes a mad dash for the exit.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

"But... but the loot!" Lissa casts an agonized look back at the throne, then lets out a strangled gasp at the sight of all those giant bugs. "Damn, we've had Beshaba's own luck today! Maybe we can come back later and loot..." Aided by Achkby, she starts for the exit as fast as her wobbly legs will carry her. "Somebody at least cut the prisoners' feet loose, they might know something useful!," she yells back at the group by the throne.

OOC: ::sniffle:: We're having a bit of a Haley moment here. Excuse us while we grieve for the lost loot.

21. - Top - End - #741

Fizahn:

Fizahn gathers the ropes back up after Darius lets the prisoners free. He then begins running toward the exit as fast as he can. "Don't worry about the loot. We might be able to hold the door against the spiders, defeat them, and then come back for the loot!"
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 08:01 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

22. - Top - End - #742

As achkby helps Lissa hurriedly past the Throne, he stoops and with one hand grabs anything nearby that might be considered 'loot.'
    "Hurry! Don't stop!"

[OOC]Maybe I can get just one little thing from this... just one little thing... please...[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

23. - Top - End - #743

Djital, naked human

As he looks up to the spiders descending from the ceiling, he starts yelling at the top of his lungs, and dashes to the throne, searching over it as quickly as possible. On detecting a trap he will move away, otherwise he will retrieve anything possible and run back to the party. If the spiders get too close he will break off the search and run to the party, and if the spiders look like they will close with the throne too fast he won't go toward it in the first place.

"GYEAAAGH! I can carry! Ferry, huh? Let's do it."

He continues to move with the party so that he can help carry whoever needs to be moved, at the same time scanning the ground, the walls, anything for a clue as to treasure or useful objects.

"Keep going, and grab anything you see!

I really wish those people had listened to me about grabbing the loot. There's no way to hold these things off unless.. no. No. Oh hell why not try.

[ooc: djital will attempt to control the spiders or confuse them into stopping as he retreats, if nothing happens he will continue on with the party as normal.]

24. - Top - End - #744

Achkby thrusts his hand into the debris around the throne, pulling out a dismembered skeletal forearm with a bony hand still attached. He is about to throw the body part away when he notices a simple silver ring around one of the metacarpal bones. Shrugging, he pops the ring into a pocket then throws the bones away and runs for his life.

Djital seems to have regained his wits surprisingly quickly, considering that he just underwent a transformation from drider to human. Despite almost being overrun by monstrous spiders, he takes a moment to look over the drow priestess' throne for any lootable objects. At the last possible second, he spots a glint of metal at the foot of the throne. He grabs hold, tugs, and pulls out a battered short sword.

Darius covers the retreat, intercepting a half a dozen descending spiders with his flaming arrows, but there are simply too many spiders to fight off, and in the end, the party is forced to seal the iron doors behind them. The spiders scratch at the doorway, but are unable or unwilling to force them open.

Making its way back through the spiraling corridors, the party eventually finds itself back in the antechamber just before the darkmantle hive.

Thokk's body is gently laid next to Hajih's in the center of the room. The four doors are secured, and the party settles down to rest, mourn, and to figure out what to do next ...

[hr]
    Lumpy is unconscious but stable, thanks to the ministrations of the lizardman. Linda kneels and channels additional healing energy into the half-orc until his eyes flutter open.

OOC: Please let me know what healing potions and spells are going to be used on whom. Linda can cast 2 additional CLW spells. Some gear has been lost; check the data thread. I will calculate XP and distribute it in the OOC thread soon.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

Lumpy's return to consciousness is anti-climactic at best. The burly orc's brownish-green skin has paled considerably, his movements sluggish and torpid as he glances weakly about, noting his surroundings. He notes Thokk's body with little surprise, though perhaps some dismay, though the sight of the new humans evokes a a perplexed reaction. He glances at himself, eyes hardening at the sight of his own beaten flesh, and perhaps something else.

With considerable exertation, Lumpy pushes himself up into a sitting position, glancing around himself with far more alacrity and eventually going so far as to root through what's left of his pack after the Drider finished with it. Whatever he was searching for, he comes up short, eventually settling back down with a heaving sigh, a distinct touch of sadness in his expression.

Finally, as if remembering the possibility of communication for the first time, he growls softly, drawling weakly, "Just great.. What happened?" He injects a bit more strength into his voice, "And where's Grinder?"

26. - Top - End - #746

Darius

Darius throws himself down with a tired sigh.

"Grinder?" he manages to say through half-closed, bloodshot eyes.

"Mmph... Fizahn you got the ropes, righ'? Could you do me a favor and tie up those two?

I think this'd be a good place to sleep tonight, only two doors to watch, and in a small room."

Currently Playing:
    OOC

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa's puffy, bloodshot eyes go wide at the sight of Lumpy waking up. "Great Baravar! Lumpy, you're alive!" The half-orc finds himself being enthusiastically hugged and cried on by an overwrought gnome. "I saw you fall off the bridge and thought you were dead! Omigods, I'm so happy you're alive!"

(OOC: ::chortle:: ;D )

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Naked Human

Callos panted on the ground after the run away from the spiders and simply lay there on the ground for a long moment eyes closed and breathing hard. Soon though he sat up, mostly in time to hear Darius tell the one short person to tie their feet and hands again.

"Guess there's no helping it. Just hurry up and tie it. It's been a long day."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #749

Contrary to his comrade's reactions, Achkby is bouncing on his toes, alert and energetic.

"Good. Lissa." he says, pushing her down against a wall to sit.

He flicks his head about rapidly, eyes lgin, trying to lookat everyone at once. 'Are we all here? Al here? even the pirsoners? Good. Lumpy? There. Good. Even..." his voice falters for a minute. "Even Thokk? G-good... and Haji, too! Ah, Haji! He didn't come out..." the bouncing halfling pauses for a moment in his constant talking, and shakes himself from the shoulders down. Then he draws himself up straight, and turns back to eveyrone else, still jittery. He turns to look at everyone in the room, turning his whole head all at once, not just his eyes. "Good. Good. Good." he chants.

He strides as fast as his short legs will carry him over to the door, and puts his ear against it for a fraction of a moment before pulling away and moving back to where he was.
    "Still there," he announces. "Still there."

He stops for a moment, still except for an irregular tapping of his foot. Then, suddenly, his pulls his Longspear from his back and begins rapping out a little beat with that, too, a mindless, quick tune dangerously near a meter of eight.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

30. - Top - End - #750

Chimera

Sheyra

Having escaped from the ordeal without a scratch, Sheyra offers to take first watch and cover other people's shifts if they need to sleep more. "I'll just need a light," she says, "Gods, I miss the stars..."
    And then they made me their cheif.