Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Spoiler
    Show
    I never took it as Zoro being unable to use Haki. He just wanted to get Nami, Chopper, and Robin away. Who knows what Haki would do to something like Tatsumaki or 108 Pound Cannon. I can very easily see Tatsumaki becoming a vicious razorwind that cuts everything around it with no prejudice.

Also, did anyone notice Chopper's antlers apparently aren't part of his head?

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I never took it as Zoro being unable to use Haki. He just wanted to get Nami, Chopper, and Robin away. Who knows what Haki would do to something like Tatsumaki or 108 Pound Cannon. I can very easily see Tatsumaki becoming a vicious razorwind that cuts everything around it with no prejudice.

Also, did anyone notice Chopper's antlers apparently aren't part of his head?
    You...mean like it DOES. He's used Black Rope Tatsumaki in Fishman Island arc and it does almost exactly what you said.

That's for comidic effect/because of the damage to his antlers as a deer which Hurlock repaired, thus why he's always had a band on one of them during the first half of the series.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Zoro and Tashigi VS Monet

Silly harpy, women are Sanji's weakness, not Zoro's.

Though Zoro intentionally going easy and giving Tashigi "the credit" seemed kind of weird.

Tashigi kind of annoys me though. "I won't cut you because you look and sound exactly like my dead childhood friend!" "SEXIST!"

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zoro being a bad ass, business as usual. Monet was totally outclassed...and Tashigi too. I'll hope to see Zoro and Tashigi interacting more in the next chapter.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Zoro and Tashigi VS Monet

Silly harpy, women are Sanji's weakness, not Zoro's.

Though Zoro intentionally going easy and giving Tashigi "the credit" seemed kind of weird.

Tashigi kind of annoys me though. "I won't cut you because you look and sound exactly like my dead childhood friend!" "SEXIST!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wasn't she referring to his lack of effort against Monet? Who looks nothing like Zoro's friend.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

So question for everyone, has Zoro fought and beat any women in the story past or whatever?

Spoiler
    Show

Because I'm not buying this mysterious crap, he just doesn't want to hit a girl anymore then Sanji he's just only moderately psychotic about it and doesn't want to admit he shares anything with Sanji.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So question for everyone, has Zoro fought and beat any women in the story past or whatever?

Spoiler
    Show

Because I'm not buying this mysterious crap, he just doesn't want to hit a girl anymore then Sanji he's just only moderately psychotic about it and doesn't want to admit he shares anything with Sanji.
    Not that I remember, Female bad guys are usually sorted by Nami ussop and Chopper. Zoro usually gets the Swordman (who is usually the Dragon too)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

At whiskey peak he knocked out achick dressed as a nun and crushed the female Denis rodman's skull with his bare hand.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, besides the whole Zoro might be sexist bit...

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone think there might have been some foreshadowing in there as to when Sanji was asked what he'd do were he to face a female that'd kill him if he didn't fight back?

Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-30 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Pretty sure he did so in the Baroque Works island before Alabasta. He defeated everyone there.

11. - Top - End - #1301

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    So, besides the whole Zoro might be sexist bit...

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone think there might have been some foreshadowing in there as to when Sanji was asked what he'd do were he to face a female that'd kill him if he didn't fight back?

This was kind of established when he was fighting people who legitimately could NOT defeat him, if not for the fact that he didn't fight, period. See the Soapsoap lady from Water 7 Arc.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

While I do hope it doesn't happens, Oda is known for foresshadowing things YEARS before they actually happen (case in point Laboon and Brook's late crewmates)
    Just call me Dusk

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This was kind of established when he was fighting people who legitimately could NOT defeat him, if not for the fact that he didn't fight, period. See the Soapsoap lady from Water 7 Arc.
    Established, but never flat out stated. Plus, the Soap Soap woman ... Well. Yeah, she was powerful, but I don't think she could have killed Sanji, even with him not fighting back. I mean, she was taken down by pre-TS Nami.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    While I do hope it doesn't happens, Oda is known for foresshadowing things YEARS before they actually happen (case in point Laboon and Brook's late crewmates)
    Yes, I know he does. That's why I asked.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest I seriously doubt he will die before seeing All Blue, One Piece is quite optimistic and it would be weird if any of the Strahats die before they see their dreams come to reality. Furthermore I am sure that the All Blue is where Raftel is located.
    Just call me Dusk

15. - Top - End - #1305

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    His fight with Bon Clay as well. Even though he knew full well that he was only changing the look of himself, he still couldn't attack while he looked like Nami.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Banned

Found it - Zoro did fight women before. He fights and defeats Miss Monday (along with 99 other Baroque Works agents) in chapter 108. He knocks out a female nun a bit before that, as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-10-30 at 08:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Your link ... It failed somehow or another.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Banned

Weird, it works for me.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

Something about stealing bandwidth. Basically they protect the images so that other sites can't just copy paste the manga to their pages.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

Hm? I really don't expect Sanji to bite the dust... Definitely not anytime soon and I don't think before the story ends. Period.
    The thing is... I also don't think he will never beat a woman. His chivalry as far as we know only applies to attractive women. (Though, unattractive women are rare in OP)

I liked the chapter even if it makes Zoro look a bit sexist... Though I'd agree his motives probably were different and Tashigi just misunderstood him.
    Pretty cool if you can beat a Logia user by inducing mortal fear into them instead of anything else... heh.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Well imagine that you are essentially invulnerable, there are almost no things that can actually hurt you. For years you have known this and then someone comes and not only cuts you, he essentially bisects you with no trouble at all, certainly a really scary thought.
    Just call me Dusk

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Okay I'm really not seeing the Zoro is sexist bit. That's Tashigi's interpretation but he straight up told her why he won't fight her seriously. It's cause she reminds him of his best friend, you know, the one that kicked his ass all the time. The way I see it, it's more like Zoro was testing Tashigi's skills. She's not strong enough to be a rival for him, so he's taken on the roll of mentor as a barrier she'll struggle to overcome.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-10-31 at 09:25 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Okay I'm really not seeing the Zoro is sexist bit. That's Tashigi's interpretation but he straight up told her why he won't fight her seriously. It's cause she reminds him of his best friend, you know, the one that kicked his ass all the time. The way I see it, it's more like Zoro was testing Tashigi's skills. She's not strong enough to be a rival for him, so he's taken on the roll of mentor as a barrier she'll struggle to overcome.
    I think it's kind of like that, yeah.

24. - Top - End - #1314

Personally, I think this is a new running gag of sorts with Zoro. He'll do something stupid or ridiculous but do it in such a badass way that no one will even question it. Just look at his introduction on Sabaody post time-skip, Zoro goes on about how it was their terrible fate to have brought "a plague" onto their ship, when in reality, all that happened was that Zoro got lost and got on the wrong ship. And this is what I think happened in this latest chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoro didn't want to fight a woman (Not that he'd ever admit to being like Sanji in that respect), but because he did it in such a badass way, everyone's wondering if that really is all there was to it.

Now, of course, I might just be trying to find a pattern where none exist, and for all I know, the whole point simply is that Zoro is just so awesome that he can make himself doing anything out to be intimidating. (Remind you of anyone?)

Yeah, I just wanted an excuse to post that funny scene.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

25. - Top - End - #1315

Hell, if anything, Zoro's ANTI Sexist, since I'm pretty sure he wanted...whoever she is (I forget the name of his backstory girl ) to be the strongest, so he would be able to fight her all the time.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Not that I'm planning to get a big "sexist Zoro" argument going but if he didn't fight Monet seriously so Tashigi could shine, why did he not fight her properly earlier? Did he know Tashigi would show up because he is just that good or did he have another reason to go easy on an opponent at that point of time?

@Dusk: She was frozen in fear before he even cut her. That's more what I was referring to.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not that I'm planning to get a big "sexist Zoro" argument going but if he didn't fight Monet seriously so Tashigi could shine, why did he not fight her properly earlier? Did he know Tashigi would show up because he is just that good or did he have another reason to go easy on an opponent at that point of time?
    I think he was just messing around. Zoro is so freaking powerful right now that he does not need to be serious about anything unless he is about to die.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

So a thought I've had, we've finally seen how Devil Fruits pass on fairly recently, by converting nearby fruit.

Anyone think that maybe all Blackbeard did with Whitebeard was have a piece of fruit on hand and ensure it was closest to the old guy at the very end so he got to it first? Still doesn't explain why he can have two, but give that IIRC only one of his crew might have had DF powers there might not be any mega manning going on with the Blackbeard Pirates outside of Teach himself? Just hunting for the best of the best for everybody to get one really awesome fruit instead of whatever could be found.

29. - Top - End - #1319

I'm very curious as to what we SAW happen when Smily ate that bag of fruits. Good idea though.

As for the "one devil fruit per person" thing, a part of me wants to say "well, no one has tried it, so how do we know for sure?", but I have a feeling it's just a benefit of Blackbeard's power. He has the power to envelop and devour everything in darkness, therefor he'd have enough power naturally to just hold onto your power after sucking it up.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Mocha takes one for the team.

Kids finally get sedated.

Does Chopper VS poison in a kid's body count as his fight for the arc?

And Luffy's back! And he brought a Pokemon!