New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    The trick is merely to read the comic before visiting the forum, any flaws i did not pick up in my own reading of the comic doesnt count.
    That statement doesn't cast a very flattering light on your own ability to accept criticism or even proof reading, just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Ok, now that I've seen the new page, I have a better idea on how to make the narrative work. I will be changing the flow somewhat tho.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Ok, now that I've seen the new page, I have a better idea on how to make the narrative work. I will be changing the flow somewhat tho.
    Feel free to do the Unsuckening for the Hell arc. I'm not done with Maltak yet.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2010-09-14 at 09:45 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #424

The Hell arc has barely started and we're doing an Unsuckening already? I don't think it's a good idea to draw as Mookie updates, but I can improve on that intro.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2010-09-14 at 09:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Haha, it really is so much better with the pannels arranged backwards. I'd even go so far as to say it's good that way.

So... is Karnak like 20 feet tall? We know he's about the same height as Siggy, and Siggy looks freaking enormous.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sneaky Gate is up

The main plot has reared its head, sort of. How long before it will be submerged again by Another episode of Karnak and Pals?
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2010-09-14 at 09:55 PM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

"Siggy! Someone is stealing our internet! I demand you find them and make them PAYYYYYY...

Their own ISP."

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    For those who can't wait, click the image to see the next exciting installment of...

I do hate when the wires get tangled up like that.

Um... what was the whole Flintstones sequence for?
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Um... what was the whole Flintstones sequence for?
    Siggy is an easily distracted Infernal Network Technician. He's a lovable goofball who often forgets what he's supposed to be doing.

Notice how Siggy hasn't yet spotted the giant mountain thing yet? That's the adorable character shining through. We're all meant to be yelling "Behind you!". Then Siggy will turn his head just as the mountain dips below the sea of screaming lost souls, and Siggy will shake his head at us saying "I don't see anything" just as the mountain pops up over his other shoulder. Classic stuff.

10. - Top - End - #430

One thing to note is that the flow of the last few panels of the previous page doesn't match up with the start of the new one. Considering the build up it was going for, I was expecting something like a much more dramatic entrance from Karnak, Siggy getting attacked, or a cut to Dommie or Celesto looking shocked because *gasp* he can see them!

As it is, it's a let down at how... mundane the first panel is. Mookie failed at build up there.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2010-09-14 at 11:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

So Siggy just randomly takes off his shirt here.

I'm not sure why.

God knows if I was a network technician I wouldn't take off my shirt.

EDIT: Seriously it just disappears from panel 1 to panel 2.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2010-09-14 at 11:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432

Is there even a Court of Karnak? So far as I can tell it's just Karnak genociding his way across the endless plains while making his only lieutenant do the menial jobs that keep Hell running. I mean seriously, driving the Souldozer and tracking down petty thieves is imp-level stuff. The Dragon is for your major-league evil.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Pixie in the Playground

Made this for the SA thread but you guys might like it anyway.

Last edited by Komiyan; 2010-09-15 at 12:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434

Ahahahaha! Love it!

I thought of making a slay with the Flintstone theme, complete with the YABADABADOO! But I don't think I can do it justice.

15. - Top - End - #435

Default Siegfried in Hell! Part 1

Announcer: And welcome back to everyone's favorite buddy comedy in Siegfried in Hell! Please welcome... SIEGFRIEEEEED

(Siegfried walks on stage, visibly annoyed. Laugh track emits a mutated strain of canned laughter and applause.)

Announcer: And let's not forget his wacky sidekick! HEEEEEEERRRRREE'S KARNAK!

(Karnak enters. He is wearing a paper bag with a smiley face drawn on it. Laugh track reacts with mixed applause and disgust.)

Announcer: And without further ado, let's begin!

(Tattered curtains open to two figures arguing. Upon noticing said-curtain-opening, they freeze. The orc begins gibbering in shock to himself before the curtains close again.)

Announcer: I SAID "LET'S BEGIN," DAMMIT.

(Curtains open once more to the figures, now in their proper positions. Both are hunched behind a rock, butt-**** nekkid.)

Girl: "Gee, it sure is boring out here."

(Upon recognizing the voice, the laugh track goes into a frenzy, spewing "boo"s left and right with wild abandon. A quick hit from Karnak's fist calms it a bit.)

Orc: "You," uh.... "You know perfectly well why we're up here."

Girl: "Nnnnope. Why don't you tell me again?"

(The laugh track begins steadily building its rage once more.)

Orc: "We're here to," uh, "take over hell, of course!"

Girl: "And how are we going to do thaaaaat? "

(Still, rage builds in the laugh track.)

Orc: "We're going to go in there, find Karnak, and do to him what he has done to countless others!"

Girl: "Do we haaaaave to? It's about time for my nap."

(The laugh track goes once more into a frenzy, unstoppable in its might and booing ability.)

Orc: We MUST. FOR STONEWATER, AND THE DOMINUS!"

(The orc rises during his speech, above the rock that had hidden his Weedles. The laugh track's boos turn into panicked screams as it gazes upon the orc's manhood. The curtains close, and then open to reveal the orc wearing a loincloth.)

Orc: "Right, so, let's go then."

(The curtains close.)

(Siegfried and Karnak reluctantly get into place. Tattered curtains open to reveal the Sea 'o Sinners, and Siegfried riding a Hell!Dinosaur [functioning as a crane]. However, due to budget cuts, the Sea o' Sinners has become the Sea o' Discount Plush Monkeys. The monkeys are in visible anguish.)

Siegfried: "Well brim my stone, it's half past noon! I'm late for my Helliversary!"

(Laugh track regurgitates canned laughter. Siegfried leaps from his Hellasaur.)

Siegfried: Let's bedrock and roll!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

So, should I continue, or no?

And I love that edit, Komiyan.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-15 at 01:41 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

16. - Top - End - #436

Unfortunately, what I have in mind is going to be quite different, I'm just going to redraw the souldozing scene, but with improved art and narrative.

I do like the Comedy Central theme you got there. I want a plush monkey in anguish.

17. - Top - End - #437

All ye beware because this comic was made with METAL!! on Mookie´s mind! Also this comic is sponsored by VEGAN! Are Us. For all your nerdy needs.

About the comic itself? It's okay I guess.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

That statement doesn't cast a very flattering light on your own ability to accept criticism or even proof reading, just FYI.
    I personaly see it as a statement on that the comic doesnt get a fair treatment here.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

19. - Top - End - #439

Daemon

I like that he mentiones Nergal in his newspost.

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    So Siggy just randomly takes off his shirt here.

I'm not sure why.

God knows if I was a network technician I wouldn't take off my shirt.

EDIT: Seriously it just disappears from panel 1 to panel 2.
    The first panel of today's comic is supposed to be a flash back. (To a comic from 2007. Did it really take Siggy three years to find this thing?)

I find it more amusing that the person in charge of hell is upset at stealing.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I actually think Lord Khaine has the right idea. Read the comic, form an opinion, then come to the forum.
    Personally, I tend to read a few forum comments before I read the comic (mostly when people start discussing the comic without linking), and it makes the comic a lot worse for me than it would've been if I'd just read it.
    So, well. I agree on the "read the comic first, form your own opinion" part, not the "don't listen to other people" part. But I'm willing to guess it wasn't meant that way.

Incidentally, I kinda like the tentaclemountainmouth thing in today's update. It's actually pretty creepy and hellish.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Was the whole of this comic a flashback, or was it only the parts where Karnak is talking to him? He's not wearing a shirt in the big panel either, so that suggests that it doesn't follow on from the previous comic.

As far as I can tell, Siggy leaves work, turns around and flashes back to him standing next to tentacle mountain while flashing back to Karnak ordering him around. I'm so confused.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    Was the whole of this comic a flashback, or was it only the parts where Karnak is talking to him? He's not wearing a shirt in the big panel either, so that suggests that it doesn't follow on from the previous comic.

As far as I can tell, Siggy leaves work, turns around and flashes back to him standing next to tentacle mountain while flashing back to Karnak ordering him around. I'm so confused.
    The two small panels on the upper left are both flashbacks to the page Mookie linked in his newpost. All the writing as well.
    The tentaclemountainmouth is new, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    For those who can't wait, click the image to see the next exciting installment of...

Dang, now I want to read that comic

On today's comic, I think all of it is a flashback. makes more sense to me. Siggy finds the connection and instead of destroying it he uses it for some personal growth to get free of Karnak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

25. - Top - End - #445

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post

The first panel is supposed to be the flashback, the second is a transition to the present. Here maybe this will help:
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Maybe the digging scene was to move enough bodies out of the way to get to this.
    Last edited by SnowballMan; 2010-09-15 at 07:35 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SnowballMan View Post
    EDIT: Maybe the digging scene was to move enough bodies out of the way to get to this.
    If you look to the left in today's update, you'll see something that looks suspiciously like a pool of bodies. I think Siggy just parked his helldog at its snack pit... right next to the tentaclemountainmouth. Yeah, I think it's a fun word to write! Anything wrong with that?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

27. - Top - End - #447

Let´s just admit that the reason Siggy suddenly doesn´t have that chestplate/shirt anymore is cause Mookie digs manly bare chests.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

28. - Top - End - #448

The first panel is supposed to be a flashback? The fact that Mookie just drew it as a regular panel made me think it was all one continuous flow. Mookie should have given it a completely different border or made it into a thought bubble.

At any rate, this is my redrawn souldozing scene, there's one more page left to do, but I'll do that tomorrow or sumtin. And this was before I realized the not so obvious flashback panel, so the narrative is completely different.

Inappropriate assshot? Durr. Also, I forgot the souldozer in panel 3. Whatever, I was in a hurry.

Last edited by Humbug; 2010-09-15 at 08:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449

The tangled network cable monster looks suspiciously like a roper from D&D, just Mookie-fied; naturally I am not surprised, haha.

Hopefully his 'fight' with the tangled network cable monster doesn't devolve into a week of splash pages, but that should at least provide some entertaining fuel for the Internet Hate Slay Machine. So either way, we win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

@Humbug, that's really good. Much more dramatic and atmospheric than the original. I approve
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge