New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Seriously, the situation is that no one else has done enough and had the right traits to be considered the Hero.
    So... we're holding out for a hero, eh? Does that mean we're in the prologue or prequels then? Or are we more inbetween heroes?

Oh god I can't unsee it.

...It's okay. Artists improve over time, right? Let's see the last strip.

sdigbhoaiubfn
    I feel sad now.

Though, I gotta admit, he doesn't seem to suffer from Stunt's Head...

Also, now I want to play Day of the Tentacle...

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Fed his dinopet on damned tasty morsels?
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    However all evidence suggests there to be a one child per village policy in effect.
    Well, it does take a village to raise a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I wonder if we'll find out why Karnak was on a demon killing spree, or whether that was just to fill in time until Siggy broke free. Maybe Karnak is practicing to cosplay Bort at the next Comicon?

There is another Callanian - there's a random boy attending the benefit concert in the Battle of Barthis. There were also a few orc children in the Maltak arc in the present time (not flashbacks). However all evidence suggests there to be a one child per village policy in effect.
    Tsk, orcs donīt count. If any they canīt breed with the Dominion apes. Though itīs hard to say which of the two īpeoplesī are the chosen race though. But it looks like Stripper Kid and Concert Boy are going to have to breed to save the Callanian race from extinction.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I have returned from my shorter than a month hibernation but...Did karnak just kill somebody by disco dancing? Can somebody explain what is going on?
    Makin Pancakes since 1985

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by SpekterofDavid View Post
    I have returned from my shorter than a month hibernation but...Did karnak just kill somebody by disco dancing? Can somebody explain what is going on?
    Maybe. And no.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblood View Post
    Here's Mookie's entry in the challenge:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Here's Mookie's entry in the challenge:
    I lol'd

Whenever either Karnak or Siggy dies an ignominious end during this arc with their inevitable evil versus evil showdown, the loser should be thrown into a pit full of Stunt's Heads constantly saying some of his worst quotes for all eternity. I think that would be fitting

Personally, I'd rather see them KO each other and see the dynamic duo (Loxo and that orc I can't remember the name of at the moment) ascend - or descend as the case may be - to become the new Karnak and Siggy. After all, there can be only a master and an apprentice Sith Demon Lord at any time now, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Maybe Karnak was going to give the trident to Siggy as a gift for being a good little minion. Siggy's sudden betrayal obviously caused Karnak to be overcome with emotion and fling the trident away from him.

Sadly, the poor dragon-bird thing was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Karnak is now flouncing off to eat strawberry icecream and have himself a cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #759

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Maybe Karnak was going to give the trident to Siggy as a gift for being a good little minion. Siggy's sudden betrayal obviously caused Karnak to be overcome with emotion and fling the trident away from him.

Sadly, the poor dragon-bird thing was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Karnak is now flouncing off to eat strawberry icecream and have himself a cry.
    The sad thing is that this scenario will undoubtedly be funnier and make more sense than whatever is going to happen in the next few weeks.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

I think this page should be memorialized as "How Not To Tell a Story"

Read out of context with the rest of the Arc, only Panel 7 makes any sense.

Read in context, Panel 7 is still the only one that makes sense. Panel 3 makes the reader think that Flying Man is shouting at Karnak - which isn't(?) the case.

And even when you think about it, this page has no content. Panel 7 adds no new information to the Arc, and the rest of the panels are confusing at best - and meaningless at the worst.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I figured out what's the story with Karnak. Look at panel 2 here. The cocked head and prominent ear are showing us he's listening to something. The latest strip shows us what it's all about.

Karnak hates his name and attacks anyone who calls him by it. The reason is also very simple

12. - Top - End - #762

One day, something interesting is going to happen in this comic again. What will we do? Have we forgotten how to react to something that's not build-up to an anticlimax or filler?

Do we even really snark this comic anymore? For the last few months, maybe even further back, we spend about 90% of the time in this thread discussing random things rather than the comic, which no one wants to think about. Even in this thread, how many posts are exclusively about the comic rather than the Snark Rangers line-up?

Deep thoughts.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dragon View Post
    One day, something interesting is going to happen in this comic again. What will we do? Have we forgotten how to react to something that's not build-up to an anticlimax or filler?

Do we even really snark this comic anymore? For the last few months, maybe even further back, we spend about 90% of the time in this thread discussing random things rather than the comic, which no one wants to think about. Even in this thread, how many posts are exclusively about the comic rather than the Snark Rangers line-up?

Deep thoughts.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

We are in the End Times of Dominic Deegan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maltak was the Twilight of the Gods, with Mookie expending all his remaining creative energies in an orgy of poor planning and Unfortunate Implications. Now he's on his "break" in which no attempt at plotting is being made. It produces a style of comic that is effortless to churn out, indulges Mookie's sensibilities, and is of no interest to anyone but Mookie.

Mookie is already immune to criticism; he's not going to notice that his last "fans" are going silent. He'll keep churning out pointless Arcs until he is pushed into executing his Grand Plan of resolving this Snuggly "plot."

The resulting Arc will grind on for years, with updates becoming increasingly infrequent. By the end, Mookie will go on a "sporatic" update schedule with big splash pages when he feels like it. Nobody will read them.

Dominic Deegan will have died long before that point, but nobody will have noticed.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Tsk, orcs donīt count. If any they canīt breed with the Dominion apes.
    Hesitant as I am to ponder the topic, the comic itself seems to support it being possible for humans and orcs to interbreed, since Melna's first reaction to meeting Luna and seeing her tusks (clearly having never heard of tuskmouth, somehow) was thinking she had some orc blood in her, even though she quickly dismissed the thought.
    Not a robot

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Am I the only one unable to actually pull up the webcomic? I hope Mookie hasn't run into server issues. That can't be fun.

16. - Top - End - #766

Quote Originally Posted by Doompuppy View Post
    Hesitant as I am to ponder the topic, the comic itself seems to support it being possible for humans and orcs to interbreed, since Melna's first reaction to meeting Luna and seeing her tusks (clearly having never heard of tuskmouth, somehow) was thinking she had some orc blood in her, even though she quickly dismissed the thought.
    Not to mention the whole Kiya/Hansi thing.
    I think Dominion's the kind of fantasy universe where everyone can knock boots, but very few people do so outside of their own group. The stigma against orcs might explain why there aren't as many half-orcs tho', so.

Thrawn: I got the comic through a sneaky gate last night, at like 2:30, and haven't been able to get into the site since that time :3

Also yeah the way he was holding that trident implies he threw the wrong end at the dragon.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

We are in the End Times of Dominic Deegan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maltak was the Twilight of the Gods, with Mookie expending all his remaining creative energies in an orgy of poor planning and Unfortunate Implications. Now he's on his "break" in which no attempt at plotting is being made. It produces a style of comic that is effortless to churn out, indulges Mookie's sensibilities, and is of no interest to anyone but Mookie.

Mookie is already immune to criticism; he's not going to notice that his last "fans" are going silent. He'll keep churning out pointless Arcs until he is pushed into executing his Grand Plan of resolving this Snuggly "plot."

The resulting Arc will grind on for years, with updates becoming increasingly infrequent. By the end, Mookie will go on a "sporatic" update schedule with big splash pages when he feels like it. Nobody will read them.

Dominic Deegan will have died long before that point, but nobody will have noticed.
    Yeah, that seems likely, although I'm still hoping that Mookie decides to end the comic on its own, before it dies such a horrible death. Or at least that one day he posts "Eh, screw it, the comic's over." and just never returns.

So what would we do without it, though? Our snark has to go somewhere, we can't just suddenly stop snarking. I'll bet these threads would go on for another twenty threads or so just on sheer snarking momentum, just talking about random stuff and occasionally reminiscing about the comic.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dragon View Post
    Yeah, that seems likely, although I'm still hoping that Mookie decides to end the comic on its own, before it dies such a horrible death. Or at least that one day he posts "Eh, screw it, the comic's over." and just never returns.

So what would we do without it, though? Our snark has to go somewhere, we can't just suddenly stop snarking.
    Ctrl-Alt-Del

*dun dun dunnnnn*
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Ctrl-Alt-Del

*dun dun dunnnnn*
    HOLY CRAP he just made a ninjas vs pirates joke. IN 2010. Does this man have no self-awareness?
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-20 at 11:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    HOLY CRAP he just made a ninjas vs pirates joke. IN 2010. Does this man have no self-awareness?
    I can't tell whether you're being serious or not, and it frightens me.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

21. - Top - End - #771

Ctrl-Alt-Del

*dun dun dunnnnn*
    . . . well, it's certainly extremely snarkable. And gods know Buckley won't stop his comic so long as it's still stoking his ego, so that's years of material right there . . .

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

I can't tell whether you're being serious or not, and it frightens me.
    Allow me to be the bearer of bad news.

23. - Top - End - #773

Their faces look like someone put Buckley's copy-paster in a blender.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

As thread creator, I am willing to step up, Answer the Call, and jump straight into The Belly of the Whale by resuming my trawl through Maltak.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Their faces look like someone put Buckley's copy-paster in a blender.
    Funnily enough, Buckley's art does actually change. It does it at random intervals, but still, that's more progress than Mookie's made in the past decade.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Am I the only one unable to actually pull up the webcomic? I hope Mookie hasn't run into server issues. That can't be fun.
    No, I can't see it either. I feel sad. :(

And even though I'm like, two pages late, Hitmen for Destiny isn't so bad. The art... the art , um.... okay, it's clearly not professional, but it is functional. There are consistently detailed backgrounds. All the characters are easily distinguishable from one another. And even in complex scenes like with the portals monsters, you can clearly tell what's going on. And that right there is more than I can say for some of the prettier webcomics out there.

Plus, the incredible plot more than makes up for any art deficiencies, at least in my opinion. Um... back to your regularly scheduled DD snark.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

CurlyKitGirl's analysis of the early DD arcs made me See the a startling Truth: Luna is a racist. When people say she looks like an Orc she gets angry or depressed. Clearly she thinks Orcs are ugly and that looking like an Orc is a bad thing. Where is the outrage??

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

We have never seen her father so it's possible that she is the daughter of Warlord Damaske and- OH GOD NO NO NO THIS MAKES SENSE NOOOOOOO

PLEASE DON'T MOOKIE
    PLEEEEAAAAASE
    I BEG OF YOU
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-20 at 01:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

We have never seen her father so it's possible that she is the daughter of Warlord Damaske and- OH GOD NO NO NO THIS MAKES SENSE NOOOOOOO

PLEASE DON'T MOOKIE
    PLEEEEAAAAASE
    I BEG OF YOU
    Actauly that would CHANGE something in the comic so I guess im sort of FOR this...
    Makin Pancakes since 1985

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

PLEASE DON'T MOOKIE
    PLEEEEAAAAASE
    I BEG OF YOU
    I think Luna or one of her sisters says to Dominic that their mother successfully did what Szark's wife tried to do: Married a rich Lord and got his estates and life insurance after she poisoned him. And his name was obviously Travoria, not Siggie's family name.

What became of their estate?