Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

Ssathiyaa:
    He blinks at Thokk and looks vexed before answering Fizahn:
    in draconic:
    "the hairy one knows not what i speak?
    You sspeak of trust little pinkskin, but even I do not ask yr trust for you have none to give me. It is sstrange that we have talked long without bloodshed. To the people you are prey, food. Would the mouse trust the owl?.."

"yet I am a Druid. A strong packmate and wise enough to know his fight is with ssSethra not you. No purpose does it serve. The hunger is not in my belly but in my spirit. Yr meat will not end it, only the wizzard's death. My hunt will be faster if you aid me."

"Pinkskin you may be and food you may be and hunter my kin may be but the BALANCE has changed!
    Do not assk trust of me.Ask it of yr heart. If my kin perish, how many moonsss will yours survive?"

"Until the wizzard is defeated, I have no quarrel with you. there is no purpose"
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

2. - Top - End - #812

Fizahn:

*Fizahn looks at Ssathiyaa angrily, before replying to the lizardman in Draconic*

"You would do well with weaker prey, giant green one. I am a hunter and your kind do not instill fear into me. I could bring down all, but your greatest warriors. You were worng about my having no trust to give. I had plenty of trust to give, but none of it will be given."

*Fizahn warily turns away from the lizardman, and speaks to his companions in Common, speaking loudly enough for the lizardman to hear, emphasizing all the words in bold with scorn.*

"It has said that we will see no more of the monsters, and I say that we take it up on that and leave. If it even could be trusted, which it can't, it would prove to be an obstacle whenever we went into any area of inhabitance by civilized people. The monster's savage instincts would also prove a problem."

OOC: Well, you guys got me feeling that I needed to color-coordinate different languages. Draconic Common, and I'll come up with others as I use them.
    I'm sorry Runehawk, if Fizahn ends up killing your character, and I'm sorry Sacreddeamon, McMouse, and Belial if Fizahn ends up getting our party slain by the people. I'm also sorry DR, if Fizahn gets everyone killed and we have to restart.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:45 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

Once again, the party finds itself divided. In this case, Linda and Thokk seem willing to give the lizardman a chance to prove himself, while Taern and Fizahn seem skeptical if not downright hostile toward the beast-man. The lizardman's arrogant tone (a cultural trait perhaps?) seems to have not settled well with the gnome in particular.

The impasse seems to stretch on as the four adventurers stare back at the solitary lizardman.

The uncomfortable silence is broken by a rhythmic hissing noise coming from the hut. Looking back at the open doorway, you realize that the noise is coming from within. The sound is ... laughter?

4. - Top - End - #814
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, what is that?"

*Rushes into the building*

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Taern quickly turns, dropping her bow and drawing her falchion*

*With another suspicious look at the lizardman, she moves to where she can see the entrance of the hut and peers inside*

Who's there? Are you undead?

6. - Top - End - #816

Fizahn:

"Are you undead? I have never heard an undead laugh. When creatures die, their body decomposes, so I'm sure that all but the most recent undead are incapable of making even the slightest sound, due to the damage to their vocal chords. Most likely, it is one of the monsters that we were promised we would not see. I am slightly curious as to how the monsters intend to remain hidden when they cannot control their emotions."

*Having said his piece, Fizahn walks briskly into the hut, "short sword" drawn.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:46 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

7. - Top - End - #817

The lizardman watches the other humanoids rush over towards the hut. He sniff the air intently, but doesn't like what he smells ... death.

Thokk and Fizahn have every intention of entering the hut, but both of them skid to a halt at the entrance, horrified. Taern cautiously pokes her head around the corner, and is likewise stunned by what she sees.

The interior is reasonably well-lit in the absence of any artificial darkness, revealing an almost incomprehensible sight.

The amputated body parts of the three zombified lizardfolk have reassembled into a multi-limbed behemoth. Heads, tails, and limbs protrude almost at random from a central pile of entrails and rotting flesh. One of the more intact heads hisses as if laughing, while its opaque white eyes stare sightlessly. The reassembled monster almost fills half of the room.

This uber-zombie, surrounded by a cloud of black flies, begins to lumber toward the doorway ...

8. - Top - End - #818
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Horrified, Taern stumbles back*

Gods... What... what is that?

*the falchion drops from Taerns trembling hands, and, shaking, she gropes for one of the spears strapped to her back*

It's horrible! Tymora's grace, get back! Keep it away!

*shuddering, she tries to grip the spear firmly enough to throw*

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

Stay away from this thing!
    Linda shouts as she sends a volley of Magic Missiles and walks as far away from it as she can.

OOC: Magic Missiles again then move action away from the thing. I must still be still standing near the door at the place from where I blasted the zombie things (unless I moved in the meanwhile).

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

10. - Top - End - #820

Fizahn:

"After we kill you again, I'm going to chop you up into tiny pieces, and spread them all over the world so it can never come together again. I don't think it stands a chance against us Thokk."

*Fizahn makes threatening gestures with his "gnomish short sword," before moving to engage the enemy.*

OOC: Gnomish, as gnomish is the first language Fizahn learned, it would probably be the one he uses the most, and the one he uses while talking to himself.
    Fizahn is going to attack the zombie, no charge, and then slowly attempt to maneuver into a flanking position with Thokk.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:47 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #821

The abomination moves with startling speed, lashing out at Thokk with one "arm". The maggoty limb almost shatters Thokk's shield, and for a moment Thokk wonders if his left arm is broken.

The dwarf's eyes widen in surprise, but combat instincts take over, and Thokk slashes upward in a reverse flywheel, slicing a big chunk out of the limb, almost severing it.

Whomp! whomp! Two magic missiles explode wetly as they make contact with the re-animated lizardman flesh. Linda backs away from the melee as she prepares her next spell.

Taern clutches her spear, shaking slightly. She shifts from side to side, looking for an opening, but Thokk is in the way. She holds back, afraid to accidentally hit Thokk.

Meanwhile, Fizahn begins to inch his way around the beast, trying to move into flanking position.

The lizardman watches from a distance, his nostrils flared.

OOC: Combat begins.

Initiative

Creature: 22
    Thokk: 22
    Linda: 20
    Taern: 18
    Lizardman: 17
    Fizahn: 16

Round 1

Creature attacks Thokk (flatfooted), hitting AC 21 with a 28. Thokk takes 11 damage. Thokk hits creature with a 27 for 14 points of damage. Linda hits with two magic missiles for 9 points of damage. Linda backs up. Taern does not throw her spear. Lizardman waits. Fizahn misses with a 19. Fizahn moves to flank.

Current HP

Thokk: 32

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Linda continues with her plan of hit and run using another Magic Missile.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Taern takes a deep, steadying breath, and launches her spear at the thing*

Gods alive! Don't let it touch you! It'll turn you all rotted!

OOC: Taern shouldn't have a problem launching a spear over Thokk's head, right? Keep in mind that she's fatigued, so apply a -1 to attack and damage.

14. - Top - End - #824

This cannae be happening ... thinks Thokk to himself as the creature lashes out with another limb, a tentacle-like arm made up of a pair of lizardman tails. The limb smashes into Thokk, then wraps around his armored body and squeezes tight - his breastplate buckles slightly and a rivet or two pops from the strain.

"AAAARGH!!!!" he cries out in frustration. By wedging his sword between the "tentacles", he manages to disentangle himself from the zombie's grasp, but when he slashes at the monster, it avoids his attack in a nimble, decidedly un-zombie-like manner.

Linda continues to backpedal as she peppers the monster with more magic missiles. Each blast sprays fragments of rotted flesh over the melee combatants, but the amalgam of zombie parts maintains its structural integrity.

Taern finds an opening and hurls her spear at the creature, but the beast twists unexpectedly, avoiding the missile.

Fizahn sneaks in and thrusts deeply into one of the "legs" of the beast. His "shortsword" pierces the rotted flesh efforlessly, passing through flesh and bone until it is buried past the hilt. Fizahn twists and cuts outward to maximize the damage he causes. The dagger emerges black with ichor.

The lizardman continues to stare intently at the monster as the "pinkskins" battle against it. Unsurprisingly the zombie monster radiates magic (presumable necromantic), but the lizardman notices something unexpected. Three small foci within mass of the beast radiate much more intensely than the reanimated flesh itself. Each focus is about the size of a small gem or coin.

OOC: Combat continues.

Round 2

Creature hits Thokk with a 24, causing 12 points of damage. It initiates an improved grapple denying Thokk an AOO and succeeds with a 24. Opposed grapple checks: creature 15, Thokk 11. Thokk takes 4 points of constriction damage. Creature releases Thokk.

Thokk misses with a 22. Linda hits with magic missiles for a total of 10 points of damage. Taern misses with a 6. Fizahn hits with a 29 (natural 20) but does not confirm critical (with a 15). He causes 5 points of damage.

The lizardman continues to use detect magic.

Current HP

Thokk 16

(The creature has taken 38 points of damage so far.)

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Taern, falling into the rhythm of battle, smoothly draws another spear and begins to chant an ancient battle-rhyme of her people, speaking in Elvish*

Blessed be this weapon.
    Swiftly, surely striking.
    Ever straight, it flies to it's target.
    Rend flesh and bone.
    Hit hard, strike true.
    By the power of the Ancestors and Tymora herself
    This weapon will bring a swift end to my foes.

*With a satisfied snarl, she feels the tingling of the "ancestors fingers" swirling through her veins and her arm, begins to glow with an almost unnoticable blue light*

OOC: As a move action, Taern draws another spear, and as a standard action casts True Strike, giving her a +20 to her next attack.

16. - Top - End - #826

Another limb whips out and grabs Thokk around the waist. The "arm" pulls Thokk in close until he is face to face with one of the three necrotic lizardman heads (this head happens to located in the "abdomen" area). It constricts tighter and tighter until Thokk can barely breathe.

Fizahn takes the opportunity to attempt to hamstring the creature. His blade severs tendons, but the dark energy that powers this abomination keeps the "leg" from collapsing.

OOC: Round 3 begins. Awaiting actions from Thokk, Linda, and Fizahn.

Round 3

Creature hits Thokk with a 22 for 8 points. Grapple initiated with a 27. Opposed checks: creature 22, Thokk 18. Thokk takes 4 points of damage. Creature moves into Thokk's space to maintain grapple. Fizahn's AOO hits with a 25 for 4 points.

Current HP

Thokk: 4 (grappled)

(The creature has taken 42 points of damage so far. It is Thokk's turn to act.)

17. - Top - End - #827
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Is everyone on vacation?

18. - Top - End - #828

Fizahn:

"You need to get out of there Thokk, the beast is destroying you! If you help, lizardman, I will trust you and allow you to join us."

Now I understandable why the lizardman wants to kill Sethra, if he made abominations like this out of my kinsmen, I would want revenge also.

"I will put an end to you once and for all after this, abomination!! Let's see you walk without a leg!"

*Fizahn steps forward, and attempts to chop off the monster's leg.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:48 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the abomination still survives, Linda will try another spell. Chanting quickly, she sends a ray of flame at the beast, hoping that she can help the others kill it. Despite endangering herself, she closes on the battle in case she needs to heal Thokk or the others.
    Damnit Thokk! You can't take on the beast alone. Back off!

OOC: Scorching ray. Needs a touch attack though-hoping it hits. Will close some 20 feet so as to be 40-50 feet from the monster. Close enough to heal Thokk if he retreats but hopefully far enough so that the beast doesn't reach her. Hopefully...

20. - Top - End - #830
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"YOU SHALL NOT HAVE ME!!!"

*Thokk tries to crush the water gem in his belt*

OOC: Ive been at work, so ive been a tad buzy, but im back now. Wow, this thing is really beastly. And Im almost taking it on solo. Umm, if I do go down, I have a potion of CSW in my belt that I might need fed to me, I went with crushing the gem because that wouldnt provoke an AOO, and the potion would.

21. - Top - End - #831

Thokk drops his sword, then reaches into a belt pouch and pulls out a glistening blue-green gem. With a cry of defiance, he crushes the gem in his gauntleted hand ...

With a BOOM! like the crashing of waves on a rocky shore, the gem explodes. Thokk, Fizahn, and the zombie behemoth are drenched in an instant as a massive geyser appears amidst the melee combatants. The geyser takes on a roughly humanoid form and slams the undead creature with two "fists" of living water. The uber-zombie almost comes apart at the seams as it is blasted from both sides, yet it continues its relentless attack on Thokk.

Fizahn is almost knocked down by the sudden appearance of the water elemental, but he manages to thrust into one of the creature's legs. He uses the embedded dagger as a handhold to keep from being washed away.

Linda tries to blast the monster with another fiery ray, but her spell is all but obliterated by the massive water elemental that seems to occupy almost the entire melee area.

Taern's eyes widen at sudden appearance of the water elemental, but she continues to chant and ***** back her arm, ready to hurl her ensorcelled spear ...

The lizardman shouts out something in draconic. Only Linda and Fizahn understand his words - something about "three magic objects".

OOC: Round 3 continues ...

Thokk summons a Large water elemental. It hits twice for 13 and 11 damage. Linda's scorching ray fizzles on a natural 1. Fizahn hits with a 25 for 5 points. Taern casts true strike. The lizardman casts magic fang and calls out in draconic.

The undead creature has taken 71 points of damage so far.

22. - Top - End - #832

Ssathiyaa:
    Muttering the words of one of the first spells he ever learnt, Ssathiyaa clasps the tooth on his neck while moving his other hand in the gesture that would complete the spell.

He does not wait for the faint green aura to appear on his hands.Spreading his arms wide apart, Ssathiyaa has his hands pulled back, ready to swing forward and rake the items he sees on the behemoth.He shouts out in draconic:

"attack the 3 magic items"

hoping, the mage would understand and alter tactics to focus on the foci of the corruptive magic.

OOC:
    the lizardman casts magic fang, speaks as a free action and moves her full move distance towards the creature.He opts to speak as a free action.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

Hearing the Lizardman's words, Linda glances at the beast searching for the items then casts a spell that will hopefully shatter them.

OOC: Magic Missile at one of the items. If that is impossible then Scorching Ray.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

*With a slight grunt, Taern hurls the spear towards the abomination*

25. - Top - End - #835

The uber-zombie drops Thokk as if he were a limp rag doll. Instead the undead monster focuses on the elemental, which seems to be a greater threat. The two creatures pound each other with their "fists", spraying gore and water everywhere.

Thokk groans as he quaffs a healing potion. In seconds, the color returns to his cheeks, and he reaches for his bastard sword.

Linda blasts the zombie once more with a pair of magic missiles that arc around the elemental before exploding splat, splat!

Taern's spear takes a more direct line through the "chest" of the uber-zombie, creating a fist sized hole all the way through the torso of the abomination. The giant zombie begins to stagger, and assorted dead lizardman pieces begin to drop off of the creature's body.

Fizahn tears his "shortsword" loose and rolls aside as the lizardman charges into the fray, interposing his scaly body between Thokk and the uber-zombie.

The lizardman plunges a clawed hand into the belly of the beast, sinking in up to his elbow. With a triumphant hiss he withdraws his hand holding up a trio of small black gems. The lizardman then hurls the gems against the wall of the hut, shattering them ...

The zombie creature falls to pieces, collapsing into a pile of inert body parts.

For a moment, the five of you stand in stunned silence. The water elemental folds his "arms" in a satisfied way, then gradually seeps back into the damp ground.

OOC: Combat ends ...

Round 4

Creature hits elemental for 5 (10 - 5) points. Elemental hits creature for 9 points. Thokk drinks a CSW and heals 20 points. Linda hits creature for a total of 7 damage. Fizahn misses. Taern hits for 4 points. The lizardman hits for 4 points.

Current HP

Thokk: 24 (4 + 20)

The creature has taken 95 points of damage and is destroyed.

26. - Top - End - #836

Fizahn:

"Attack the three magic items, it says. My dagger's magic, should I kill that, what about my cloak. Stupid lizardman... I still say it can't do anything dangerous if it doesn't have a leg!"

*Fizahn continues in his attempt to sever the beast's leg. He appears amazingly surprised by the water elemental, and sulkily mad at the lizardman.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:50 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

27. - Top - End - #837

Fizahn:

"The abomination is destroyed. We are victorious!"

*Fizahn raises his "shortsword"; in a victory pose for a short duration, before looking over at the lizardman. Slowly he sheathes his sword and walks over to Ssathiyaa. Grudgingly he begins speaking.*

"Lizardman, you fought bravely, and helped to destroy the beast. I speak to you in your tongue out of honor, even though I know the dwarf cannot understand it. I trust you and give you my permission to travel with us. If possible, I will also attempt to gain the elf's permission as well."

I hope I am not wrong about the lizardman. It could be a trick by Sethra, although why he'd want to waste three powerfull focii I cannot fathom.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:51 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Taern tiptoes through the gore, retrieving her spear*

Gods alive! What in the hells name was that thing?!

*looks horrified and disgusted, and returns outside, retching at the sight and the smell*

29. - Top - End - #839

The lizardman nods to Fizahn. He then begins gathering whatever remains of the abomination and piling it. He will not be dissuaded from setting fire to his former kinsmen. Their corruption means they are forever lost to the tribe and he does not wish to leave them mutilated as they were. He does so quietly.

OOC: my animal companion will follow me w/o revealing itself i take it. and speaking of animal companions where's oholoh run off to? :)
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

30. - Top - End - #840

The lizardman creates a funeral pyre for his dead (thrice-over) kin. The smoke rises, dark and ominous, into the sky.

Weary and filthy (and in Thokk's case, badly injured), the party decides to make its way back to Oden Homm's estate to recuperate and to decide the next best course of action.

Keeping in mind that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", the party allows the lizardman to accompany them back toward Mimleth. He keeps pace easily with the party's mounts. You arrive at Oden Homm's before nightfall.

The lizardman attracts many curious (and some fearful) stares on the road, but Oden Homm and Elthan seem entirely nonplussed when you introduce the lizardman to them.

"Ah! A new ally! Wonderful, wonderful," chuckles Oden Homm. "Well met and good hunting to you!"

Elthan smiles with a sparkle in his eye. "Master Homm and I also have someone we'd like you to meet!"

Oden and Elthan, swing open a door and in walks ... another Elthan!