New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVI: The biggest in-joke in gaming

I misunderstood the £5 minimum thing. Feel free to replace that line with "Stop charging extortionate prices for the new weapons. £125 for the full set if the prices the bushwacker and backup have are anything to go on"

And I mean spamming trade requests with someone wearing that hat you love.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll stop rolling on the floor laughing when people chill out about the update Let me know when it's the year 2525, if mankind is still alive, since it'll probably take that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Lose the hats as part of the item packs. Keep them as hats. (Or make it so you cant wear them without the full pack and they just appear, not having to be found individually).
    I don't think I know what you mean in the parenthesis there. Can you explain?

All items the new items are craftable.
    You really should read the FAQ.

Hats cannot be painted bright green, or luminious pink or any other silly colours.
    Because if TF2 is about anything, it's about being as serious as possible. Now excuse me, I'm going to go throw piss in a jar at a friend to extinguish them.

Silly hats are silly and fun and why take that away from them?

They remove the minimum purchase thing.
    This is just business. It costs cash to make a transaction, and if they have minimums then they won't make less money from people buying things a dollar at a time. And when every other company that's ever done this has restricted you to a set amount of cash that not only does not relate to real world cash that they design so that you will always have some left over, but the minimum price point is $10? Valve are like saints in this market.

They make it so people cannot spam trading.
    They make it so people cannot ask for a trade in a game.
    I do not understand how they would even begin to enforce this over voice chat, and it would be rather military state for them to try even over text. Of course I have no qualms being military state, and spam is spam, right? Would Djinn get mad if you just, you know, kicked anyone being persistent in their spam? It'd die down after a week anyway, and the week after that we'll only get a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Oho, and the spy set with DR is really obvious, too. To get in, you need to run in, no disguise, set totally visible, and get killed. Sure, it's good for flanks or whatever, but causes far too many playstyle changes to be considered overpowered (I think...)
    I never meant playing actual assassin spy. I meant Rombat Rah, hittin those objectives.

And getting killed just sets off your cloak.. That's the whole point of DR, so..

Oh, and on pistol scout: When I go pubbing on a payload server, I rarely ever engage a target that is not trying to get somewhere, distracted. Usually it's a health pack. Which leaves me near some ammo. I can live with no scattergun. I will be giving it a chance.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-09-30 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

4. - Top - End - #664

Best update ever.

Only because adding Vintage to the start of every single item name doesn't really work.

Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    I don't think I know what you mean in the parenthesis there. Can you explain?
    Make the hats not give pack benefits. I want to wear my cool hats.

You really should read the FAQ.
    I did and I am aware they are now.

Because if TF2 is about anything, it's about being as serious as possible. Now excuse me, I'm going to go throw piss in a jar at a friend to extinguish them.

Silly hats are silly and fun and why take that away from them?
    Its not that i dont like fun, I mean, who doesnt, but tf2 is very carefully aesthetically crafted. Bright green would ruin that somewhat, if you ask me.

This is just business. It costs cash to make a transaction, and if they have minimums then they won't make less money from people buying things a dollar at a time. And when every other company that's ever done this has restricted you to a set amount of cash that not only does not relate to real world cash that they design so that you will always have some left over, but the minimum price point is $10? Valve are like saints in this market.
    See my last post.

I do not understand how they would even begin to enforce this over voice chat, and it would be rather military state for them to try even over text. Of course I have no qualms being military state, and spam is spam, right? Would Djinn get mad if you just, you know, kicked anyone being persistent in their spam? It'd die down after a week anyway, and the week after that we'll only get a few.
    I just want to ensure there isnt the problem of games like, and forgive my datedness, runescape where someone would constantly click trade on someone, filling their screen and then off a single feather asking for full mitheril. That would be annoying. Same with the dueling thing.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

6. - Top - End - #666

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    Best update ever.

Only because adding Vintage to the start of every single item name doesn't really work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Or does it work perfectly?

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post

Its not that i dont like fun, I mean, who doesnt, but tf2 is very carefully aesthetically crafted. Bright green would ruin that somewhat, if you ask me.
    Yeah, but everyone hates the Halo and the parasite and everything that doesn't conform exactly. It's not like it isn't going to be rendered with the same effects as everything else, it's not possible to have it be a bright green that stays bright and unblemished, if Valve has any sense on how to do this properly.

I just want to ensure there isnt the problem of games like, and forgive my datedness, runescape where someone would constantly click trade on someone, filling their screen and then off a single feather asking for full mitheril. That would be annoying. Same with the dueling thing.
    Only the same way you can spam invites at someone, I'm sure. I'm not too worried. Just don't close the window and move it out of the way, if you want to keep the friend. If you don't just remove them.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-09-30 at 02:57 PM.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.

7. - Top - End - #667

Double Vintage all the way! WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

Sorry. So intense.

Thanks for posting that Arb. I wonder, is the key only bought? They kind of ignore the key except to mention it.

A quick glance at one of those screenshots shows items costing .49$ to 5$. Hrm. Don't think I'll be buying 10$ of items. Oh well. Yay for the waiting game.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Worst update ever, and I mean that literally. I'll finish up Highlander, but don't expect to see me around TF2 afterward.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

What, like -20% damage from sentry guns? And they're using the Tank Buster, which will give them +15 health! And they can't use the shotgun, because we all know how terrible the shotgun is anyway! Oh nooooo. Wanna be immune to headshots? No headshots for you. Want reduced cloak volume? No disguising. It's actually pretty ingenious way to make hats signify something, without being at all useful. Now they are distinguished, mostly pretty bad subclasses. I actually like this system.

Mixing and matching is still better, which is what balances it.
    It's purley down to preferance, for the unlocks to be decent they have to be desirable meaning that there is always a possibility that someone likes using the correct combination. In that instance they are basically hit with the evil of a hat having a stat.

Also why did the hats have to signifiy something? I thought everyone was happy with them being cosmetic.

Finally, HATS DO NOT HAVE STATS.
    A stat, even needed to be used when in conjunction with other unlocks is still a stat.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-09-30 at 03:05 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

10. - Top - End - #670

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Worst update ever, and I mean that literally. I'll finish up Highlander, but don't expect to see me around TF2 afterward.
    They changed it now it sucks? It's ruined forever?

I dunno, I am looking forward to duels. That should make there being only 2 regulars on the server much more interesting for me. Drizvolta better WATCH HIS BACK next time.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-09-30 at 03:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I never meant playing actual assassin spy. I meant Rombat Rah, hittin those objectives.

And getting killed just sets off your cloak.. That's the whole point of DR, so..

Oh, and on pistol scout: When I go pubbing on a payload server, I rarely ever engage a target that is not trying to get somewhere, distracted. Usually it's a health pack. Which leaves me near some ammo. I can live with no scattergun. I will be giving it a chance.
    Yeah. It makes scout useful for harass, which makes it somewhat viable on payload/dustbowl. Not good, or great, but not bad. Because really, scout on payload normally sucks. However, you lose pick capability, which seems fair.
    Not saying it sucks overall, but its not a trade I'm normally going to make. Viable, yes, but trading the scattergun is huge, and should never be taken lightly.

And the DR bit... it just tells everyone "look, a DR spy is here". It furthermore tells them "watch for undisguised spies", which isn't too difficult, comparatively. It also makes you very vulnerable to sentries unless you can get that first pick, and makes your disguise predictable.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

The Catalogue is the coolest thing in the world the fish and the frying pan have no stats I really need the recipes we're gonna be discussing trades soon I like the new knife and the kukri and the hammer and the crocback and the croc hat and I want the croc hat and I want some naming things and I want the Ellis hat and I want to get down off this sugar rush and for crafting to work and I want EVERYTHING

I LOVE THIS UPDATE

I'm so hyper
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

13. - Top - End - #673

And the DR bit... it just tells everyone "look, a DR spy is here". It furthermore tells them "watch for undisguised spies", which isn't too difficult, comparatively. It also makes you very vulnerable to sentries unless you can get that first pick, and makes your disguise predictable.
    I don't think you understand. I am not going to be playing spy. I am not going to sap, I am not going to backstab. I am going to be playing godmode revolver man. And loving it.

ROMBAT RAH
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-09-30 at 03:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674

This update leaves me with mixed feelings.

I like the fact that we got all the new items, which I will collect so I can have them all. I'll probably not use half of them, or at least for any serious use, but they'll all have their fun moments. = Good/Awesome

Item set bonus should not have happened. That's something completely unnecessary because I don't want to have to use all the items which give me some horrible combinations (see Scout) plus I have to either buy or be damn lucky to get the hat to complete it. Plus where's my set bonus for the original set of items?! = Meh/Disappointed

The whole Microtransactions thing, I'm surprised Valve did that. But since I can choose if I want to use it, makes me neutral about it. I don't have to use it so I don't care. = What/Neutral

Which leads me into my next point, for all the people saying this update will ruin TF2, nothing is forcing you to use any of the items that just came out. It's all completely optional so you can still be playing complete vanilla TF2 if you want. = Get over it.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-09-30 at 03:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Orc in the Playground

I love valve, They added a rare rocket launcher called "The rocket jumper"

200% more ammo
    100% Immunity to rocket jumps

And heres the catch...

-100% Damage done.

Well played valve, Well played.....

I also lost most of my items due to fail crafting.....
    Last edited by MamaLuigi; 2010-09-30 at 03:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Which leads me into my next point, for all the people saying this update will ruin TF2, nothing is forcing you to use any of the items that just came out. It's all completely optional so you can still be playing complete vanilla TF2 if you want. = Get over it.
    No one forcing you to use them, though I suspect you may be forced to get killed by them on occasion.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Oh god, that milk bottle. Best. Thing. Ever.

I mean, speaking as a heavy, if there's one thing I've always wanted to be able to do it was heal myself at 75% of my DPS (which is HUGE)

Also, the "bodyshots only" sniper sounds really cool and I would play that.

I'm not so sure about hat-stats but meh

Microtransactions sounds cool

Trading is YESSSSSSSSsssssssssssssss

does anyone want my bald scout
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

18. - Top - End - #678

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    No one forcing you to use them, though I suspect you may be forced to get killed by them on occasion.
    Yeah, but that goes with every single weapon including all of the original ones.

Like every single weapon before these, we'll eventually learn how to deal with them, and then use them against them.

19. - Top - End - #679

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Item set bonus should not have happened. That's something completely unnecessary because I don't want to have to use all the items which give me some horrible combinations (see Scout) plus I have to either buy or be damn lucky to get the hat to complete it. Plus where's my set bonus for the original set of items?! = Meh/Disappointed
    Well, like for the Scout and Demoman, it's pretty decided that most original item sets are the best anyway. I believe the point of the more powerful item set abilities is to give situational items like the milkman crap some use, even if only together and out of curiosity. I am not sure how well they accomplished this. We'll see, I guess.

..Why am I fielding every defense against Valve? If this is my position in life then SO BE IT.

EDIT:Rocket Jumper? You mean, I can either give up my Gunboats and have a Rocket Launcher, or the rockets and use my hitscan Shotgun, with zero jump damage? Sweet. I hope it's not just a test, but it probably is.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-09-30 at 03:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680

Well, like for the Scout and Demoman, it's pretty decided that most original item sets are the best anyway. I believe the point of the more powerful item set abilities is to give situational items like the milkman crap some use, even if only together and out of curiosity. I am not sure how well they accomplished this. We'll see, I guess.

..Why am I fielding every defense against Valve? If this is my position in life then SO BE IT.
    It's mainly due to that it's only the new sets, and especially that I need a hat to complete and gain the bonus.

Plus I defend a lot of Valve's updates a lot as well so yeah, I'll help you on the other points.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

My real problem is that the set bonuses require hats. Hats that are very rare. And also, now, expensive.

22. - Top - End - #682

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiches View Post
    My real problem is that the set bonuses require hats. Hats that are very rare. And also, now, expensive.
    Point. But, trading. It'll get far easier in a few weeks.

23. - Top - End - #683

Well, like for the Scout and Demoman, it's pretty decided that most original item sets are the best anyway.
    This is generally true for all classes.

24. - Top - End - #684

Changes have been made to Team Fortress 2:
    • Pyros now no longer have a secondary slot. Instead they have two melee slots. Because hitting things is what Pyros do.
    • The Shovel, Bonesaw and Fire Axe have been removed from the game.
    • Every class with 125HP now has 175HP.
    • Every class now regenerates health over time.
    • Hats now grant up to 50 bonus health to the wearer.
    • The Medic class has been removed from the game. We noticed very few players were playing this class.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-09-30 at 03:52 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think you are forgetting a few items Doc G. Ubersaw, Sandvich, Equalizer...
    Steam Profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985676498

Feel free to add me.

26. - Top - End - #686

I love this. So much. Valve, you are awesome forever and always. Just kill the Natascha weapons and we're cool, brahs.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff & Napalm View Post
    I think you are forgetting a few items Doc G. Ubersaw, Sandvich, Equalizer...
    They're all sidegrades...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don't see many medics with a bonesaw.
    Steam Profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985676498

Feel free to add me.

29. - Top - End - #689

Yay! New update! That means more people playing with weapons that suck! I love valve.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone want to trade a Brigade Helm or Vintage Tyrolean?
    Make me an offer. Yay, My exciting hats.