New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

So, having seen no major objections to Minuet, can I get started posting, or am I waiting for some final approval, or something?
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    So, having seen no major objections to Minuet, can I get started posting, or am I waiting for some final approval, or something?
    Hm. Could you link me to the most recent version of her sheet, just so I can take a quick glance at it? I might have one or two small things, but otherwise it didn't seem world-shaking.

Mortal World Players: Looking back, we seem to have everyone from "the gym crew" up to speed.

I'll touch base with Kasanip, but I think we're good to skip to the next day.

If necessary, people can do a quick "flashback" section in their post once we've got the scene set, and then we can commence with the plot.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

Homebrew!
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay.

Shikai: Overall, note bad. You might mention that the effects are reduced if the opponent is casting a higher-level kido (say, level 40 or so), since you equate the ability to a level 35. That leaves it essentially the same, but gives us a decent reference point; after all, if you can cast something in the 40s or above, you have decent reiatsu anyways.
    The damage-delay has pretty clear benefits and detriments, nothing to mess with there.

Bankai: What's the effect on someone attempting to release their sword (be it a Shinigami or an Arrancar, or any other phrase-related release)?
    The "her power is enhanced by a factor of 5" is kind of vague. Could you elaborate?
    Making each physical hit with the guitar equal to a Hado 50 is a bit much, with all the other abilities she has. Maybe say it's around a 20 or so, unless there's a limit on hits where she has to reform it after a set number (be it 2, 5, 10, whatever, you get the concept).
    The Bass Guitar's power boost is also pretty vague.
    How high of a kido can the guitar use? Maybe limit it to 10 or so levels below what Minuet can use, since they're casting independently?
    What kido would she use on the guitar? I'm guessing she could have the bass use a healing kido on her (assuming she knows any), or some such.

Really, the overall concept is good. Just could use some tweaks and clarifications.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Okay.

Shikai: Overall, note bad. You might mention that the effects are reduced if the opponent is casting a higher-level kido (say, level 40 or so), since you equate the ability to a level 35. That leaves it essentially the same, but gives us a decent reference point; after all, if you can cast something in the 40s or above, you have decent reiatsu anyways.
    The damage-delay has pretty clear benefits and detriments, nothing to mess with there.

Bankai: What's the effect on someone attempting to release their sword (be it a Shinigami or an Arrancar, or any other phrase-related release)?
    The "her power is enhanced by a factor of 5" is kind of vague. Could you elaborate?
    Making each physical hit with the guitar equal to a Hado 50 is a bit much, with all the other abilities she has. Maybe say it's around a 20 or so, unless there's a limit on hits where she has to reform it after a set number (be it 2, 5, 10, whatever, you get the concept).
    The Bass Guitar's power boost is also pretty vague.
    How high of a kido can the guitar use? Maybe limit it to 10 or so levels below what Minuet can use, since they're casting independently?
    What kido would she use on the guitar? I'm guessing she could have the bass use a healing kido on her (assuming she knows any), or some such.

Really, the overall concept is good. Just could use some tweaks and clarifications.
    Thanks. Edited. Changes are:
    - Reworded the shikai as noted, though did you mean that the kido effects are reduced, or her dampening effects are reduced?
    - The Power Of Rock has been changed. Her physical abilities increase by twice their normal level, she can use up to level 70 kido, her reiatsu doubles (both max and current), and incantations take only 3/4 their normal time. This change is to emphasize that she will be doing mostly kido, as opposed to physical combat, which is the Bass Battle version. I decreased the power level of her smacking the enemy with the guitar by only 10, but the balancing factor is that doing so would require her to use zanjutsu - her worst attribute.
    - Bass Battle gives her physical abilities a boost of seven times their normal power. It pulls reiatsu from her and and cast kido of 10 levels below her, acting in both a support and offensive capacity, whichever is needed. While dual-cast level 60 kido sounds pretty deadly, the guitar uses her energy to fuel all this, meaning she has the potential to get drained fast. This form is more suited for physical combat, where she can use her greatly enhanced physical abilities to do some damage while the bass guitar buffs her or works to attack the enemy.

Homebrew!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thanks. Edited. Changes are:
    - Reworded the shikai as noted, though did you mean that the kido effects are reduced, or her dampening effects are reduced?
    I meant a reduction in the dampening effect. You stated it was equal to a level 35 Kido, and I figured it made sense such a thing would have notably reduced effects past a certain level.

- The Power Of Rock has been changed. Her physical abilities increase by twice their normal level, she can use up to level 70 kido, her reiatsu doubles (both max and current), and incantations take only 3/4 their normal time. This change is to emphasize that she will be doing mostly kido, as opposed to physical combat, which is the Bass Battle version. I decreased the power level of her smacking the enemy with the guitar by only 10, but the balancing factor is that doing so would require her to use zanjutsu - her worst attribute.
    Ah, that's much clearer. You're right, that does play well to her strengths, and the power reductions offset of "I must use my worst skill" isn't too bad. It feels like a bankai, but not a crazy-powerful one.

- Bass Battle gives her physical abilities a boost of seven times their normal power. It pulls reiatsu from her and and cast kido of 10 levels below her, acting in both a support and offensive capacity, whichever is needed. While dual-cast level 60 kido sounds pretty deadly, the guitar uses her energy to fuel all this, meaning she has the potential to get drained fast. This form is more suited for physical combat, where she can use her greatly enhanced physical abilities to do some damage while the bass guitar buffs her or works to attack the enemy.
    Hm. So basically, she gets no energy boost, but burns through it twice as fast. Fair enough.

Those clarifications make things much clearer. I think it's fairly well set now, barring someone else spotting something I missed. I'd say you're good to go.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiny. Should I post her in the character repository and then proceed to start bothering people in threads? I mean...post?

Homebrew!

8. - Top - End - #818
    Halfling in the Playground

Looks good to go!

There's currently kind of a fight going on between the VCs and the 3rd seats, although Miss Murder Sayuri stopped it pretty efficiently.

On another note: my list of 50 Ways To Annoy Sosuke Aizen is almost finished... (for comic effect, plus a friend asked me to write it) Should I put it up here for some laughs?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiny. Should I post her in the character repository and then proceed to start bothering people in threads? I mean...post?
    That's exactly what you should do.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    In Akio's defense there was absolutely nothing prior to Frozen's comment that would signify the Kido moving past a target. Nor was there anything in my post saying that Allen was right there. Frozen added dramatic tension.
    For the record, I extrapolated the bit from nature of Raikoho - it's a lightning bolt. A normal lightning bolt wouldn't have stopped at Elder, but have gone through her and hit the ground.

Also, Akio began chanting his Kido before Allan moved into line of fire and fell unconscious. That's why Elder said "you do realize that ...?" It was not in any way guaranteed Akio was prepared for the situation, or could've done anything to change it at that point. There's a chance only thing making Akio look bad is Elder's words.

Of course, Akio is guilty of falling for it and giving more fuel for the fire, no matter how you put it.

@ThreadOfFate:
    yes, put her in the registry, and Wiki too if you know how. We don't approve of characters as much as we disapprove of them - once people seize their barking, things are usually fine. I'll update her to the first post when I can - you are free to post in the Soul Society thread, or any other place that would feel appropriate.

If people have no objections, I'll skip to the afternoon of the day of the Joint-Ops in my next Soul Society post.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #821
    Barbarian in the Playground

A question.

Henry is currently waiting for a response at the door of Hisamori Aki's house. I know she isn't in, but is there anyone playing her parents that could naswer, or should I just play it out?
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    On another note: my list of 50 Ways To Annoy Sosuke Aizen is almost finished... (for comic effect, plus a friend asked me to write it) Should I put it up here for some laughs?
    Personally, I think that that is what you should right now, but you should probably wait until it's finished.

Also, in terms of the SS thread, would it be okay for me to post as Seiko in both the post-Joint-Ops thread as well as the episode brawl thread? As Kazuma's Vice-Captain, he'd probably have a few choice words for him when he got back with all of those injuries.

EDIT: I also changed up some things in my character sheets, including changing Daisuke's appearance (now he's four inches shorter), giving Cassandra a Fake Weakness, and adding tropes and theme songs to all of my characters.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-09 at 01:21 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    A question.

Henry is currently waiting for a response at the door of Hisamori Aki's house. I know she isn't in, but is there anyone playing her parents that could naswer, or should I just play it out?
    This post is relevant to this topic.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Bugbear in the Playground

I read electric guitar and thought:

"DANCE WATER DANCE!"

Oh Demyx you card you.

It looks great though.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Once Soul Society is time-skipped, it'll be fine for you to post with Seiko both there and in Ep. 2.5. However, remember that those work on different timeframes - if you post with Seiko in Soul Society after the patrollers have returned, events of Ep. 2.5 will be past for him.

16. - Top - End - #826

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Personally, I think that that is what you should right now, but you should probably wait until it's finished.

Also, in terms of the SS thread, would it be okay for me to post as Seiko in both the post-Joint-Ops thread as well as the episode brawl thread? As Kazuma's Vice-Captain, he'd probably have a few choice words for him when he got back with all of those injuries.

EDIT: I also changed up some things in my character sheets, including changing Daisuke's appearance (now he's four inches shorter), giving Cassandra a Fake Weakness, and adding tropes and theme songs to all of my characters.
    Sure, he can go drag Karite's broken stabbed body inside for Natsuko to yell at.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Once Soul Society is time-skipped, it'll be fine for you to post with Seiko both there and in Ep. 2.5. However, remember that those work on different timeframes - if you post with Seiko in Soul Society after the patrollers have returned, events of Ep. 2.5 will be past for him.
    Right, and I'll keep that in mind.

And Terry, I think that I actually may have him do just that. He'd probably notice a quasi-dying officer appear in the Seireitei suddenly, and if he was heading there, he'd get there before anyone else would, given how good he is at Shunpo.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe Karite screwed up in exhaustion and went to 11th instead of 13th by accident? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Seiko Yukimura
    It was hilarious though to see her frighten all of the people in the room, three of whom were equal to her in rank, into complete and unquestioning submission.

So, this woman is your boss?

At the moment, she might as well be.

Daisuke Koishima

Daisuke was in complete awe. Sayuri-sama had just made three Vice-Captains and two 3rd seats basically bow down before her with little to no effort. How did she do it?
    This is why Sayuri is 1st Division Vice-Captain. Now all we need is for Ryouichi to retire... > : D

19. - Top - End - #829

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Maybe Karite screwed up in exhaustion and went to 11th instead of 13th by accident? XD
    Karite's not even inside Seiretei. He fell unconscious outside one of the four gates.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

His aim was so bad he landed in Rukongai? Damn, then there's no hope for him outside of Seiko or local farmer for the rescue! XD

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite's not even inside Seiretei. He fell unconscious outside one of the four gates.
    Um...Terry?

Senkai Gates aren't like Garganta. Non-jury rigged gates lead to specific designated end points in Soul Society. Said end points could be thought of as "anchors".

Thus, Las Noches has a more flexible system of mobility. Whereas the Gotei can likely sustain gates for much longer.

Point being, I don't think an official Senkai Gate will randomly open to a random destination in Soul Society at large.

22. - Top - End - #832

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Um...Terry?

Senkai Gates aren't like Garganta. Non-jury rigged gates lead to specific designated end points in Soul Society. Said end points could be thought of as "anchors".

Thus, Las Noches has a more flexible system of mobility. Whereas the Gotei can likely sustain gates for much longer.

Point being, I don't think an official Senkai Gate will randomly open to a random destination in Soul Society at large.
    It was outside the Soul Society. The training area we saw with Rukia and the VC?

He walked to the gate and fainted.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, so he landed on a specific training ground outside Seireitei walls? Well, that works too. Maybe Seiko was flexing his muscles there? XD

24. - Top - End - #834

First: How far into the future is the timeskip again...?

Second: Here it is, 50 Ways To Annoy Sosuke Aizen. I've spoilered it because it contains recent events, so if you aren't up to date....well, I told you, didn't I.

Spoiler
    Show
    50 Ways To Annoy Sosuke Aizen

1. Ask him who died and made him God.

2. Tell him to 'smite' you and laugh if he can't.

3. Ask him if he uses Herbal Essences.

4. Tell him his butterfly wings look pretty.

5. Play 'I Feel Pretty' as his theme song and yell REALLY REALLY loud.

6. Ask him if he's 'come out of the closet' with Gin yet.

7. Run up to him and yell, "I just saw the Ghostbusters! Hide!"

8. Tell him you're an atheist and don't believe in God.

9. Bring a video camera and tell him it's for when Ichigo kicks his ass so you can show it to him later.

10. Exorcise him (or try to).

11. Douse him in Holy Water and yell in Latin.

12. Tell him he's so weak that even Don Kanonji can beat him up.

13. Tell him little Nel could do the above.

14. Get a huge butterfly net and capture him in it. Do a victory dance, you win!

15. Spray him with a can of Raid.

16. Ask him if he is related to Choji ((for Naruto fans)).

17. Tell him Sam and Dean are here and they brought the Colt ((for Supernatural fans)).

18. Call him racist since it's his fault that one of the only black people in Bleach died.

19. Ask him if his huge butterfly wings are 'compensating for something.'

20. While he's destroying Karakura Town, sing Gir's 'Doom Song.'

21. Offer him an apple. If he declines scream, "Ryuk you liar!" ((For Death Note fans)).

22. Ask him if he took his pills this morning.

23. Hug him then scream, "Child predator! Watch out, Momo!"

24. Tell him Grand Fisher is a better villain than him.

25. Tell him Swiper is a better villain than him.

26. Ask if he was beat up as a kid.

27. Ask if he feels his chest feels 'hollow'.

28. Ask if it hurt when he killed Gin.

29. Hit him over the head and say, "Great job, Genius. You just killed all your friends and now all who're left are the people trying to kill you. Brilliant."

30. Ask him if he's sad all the Espada died.

31. Ask if he cried when Tousen died.

32. Say, "I wish you were a Vizard. Then you could put on a mask and nobody would have to see your ugly face."

33. Ask if he finds sick pleasure in killing children.

34. Ask if Dora the Explorer and Muzzy taught him Spanish (they probably did; 'Las Noches' isn't exactly college level vocab).

35. Tell Aizen that he should 'go pollinate a flower'.

36. Ask if he's lonely and wants a hug.

37. Tell him, "You're just pissy since Kisuke has a cool hat and you don't."

38. Ask if his heart broke when Gin betrayed him.

39. Sing the 'Song That Gets on Everybody's Nerves' while he's trying to have a 'moment'.

40. Ask if he was born with it (or if it was Maybelline).

41. Throw a rock at him and yell, "Get a haircut, hippie!"

42. Inform him that even with butterfly wings, he will never be as cool as a bird kid.

43. When he's going to hurt Tatsuki and the others say, "These are not the droids you are looking for." Don't forget hand motions.

44. Ask him if he was aware that 'the bird is the word.' Then sing.

45. When he tells you to do something, reply with, "Yes, my liege."

46. Ask him if he enjoys feeling pretty.

47. Tell him you replaced the Hogyoku with a bouncy ball.

48. Ask if he stole Ikkaku's hair.

49. Tell him that Hueco Mundo reflected him perfectly: plain and not very appealing.

50. Tell him Tite Kubo doesn't care about him enough to give him a flashback.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to extrapolate a bit on why Sayuri's so worried about Feyian's and Kyasarin's drinking habits:

Alcohol is diluted by water. Women already have less water in their bodies than men, so they react to smaller amounts of alcohol. To add to this, Feyian and Kyasarin are small. They aren't very tall, and both weigh only marginally more than rice paper (ie. theyre stick thin, both would be considered undwerweight by BMI). It's a small miracle they can even stomach (as in physically contain) that much liquor, let alone stay conscious and upright afterwards. A slight tap to abdomen should cause Feyian to spit out some excess Sake all over Seiko and Arata.

Yes, I know they're spirits, and all sorts of Omnitsukido and Qi (healing magic) wackiness could be involved, but Sayuri has all the right to be concerned about their health.

26. - Top - End - #836

Since when is 5'9'' small for a woman?

And since when did Feiyan learn of this 'reason' character?
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-09 at 03:17 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

The comment about them being small took into account both their height and body weight. Feyian is relatively tall for a woman, but weighs nearly 10 kilos less than someone of her height would need to not look like a stick.

Besides, I'm 5'11.3" myself, anyone shorter than that qualifies as "not very tall" for me. Sue me.

And yes, someone should teach reasonable drinking habits to her. Unless I misunderstood somehow? ^_^;;;

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Seeing as Feiyan is the 3rd highest ranked officer in the Medical Division, and one who repeatedly badgers her Captain about his drinking habits...yeah. One would expect her to show at least a touch of moderation.

29. - Top - End - #839

Feiyan has about as much common sense as someone from the 11th. Sorry, Seiko.

By the way, next summer when I finally get to go back to see my family in Germany...look for a 5'10'' (no jokes) redhead. Bwa ha ha.

P.S. She has sense most of the time. But there are certain times when she decides to stop being so sensible, as it's a pain. This qualifies as one of those times. Yes, she can be hypocritical at times.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-09 at 03:32 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, being a sadistic drunken hypocrite earns no points from Sayuri nee-san. XD