New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm not sure, Kasanip. Maybe people forgot about it and removed their characters from the scene too soon, leaving Ken as the sole person going with Sayaka.

Hopefully, the missing portion can be integrated into the story later. Maybe we could do a small skip to the next day, and have the kids gather at the Shrine after school? Michiko could snatch them from there... or something.
    Yes I think so.

Maybe not of Michiko to attack Shrine. I do not like that idea very much.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I wonder what happened too. Then again, you could still possibly basically have the scene you want. Sayaka and her father can save a lot of their explaining for the rest of the cast so things don't get too repetitive and they could visit as a group later on the next day. I was thinking of having Ken wait to visit the shrine with the others so things would go smoother but then I figured it wouldn't be very in character for him not to accept somewhat of an invitation to do so by Sayaka. There's still plenty of time to play out the part you'd like to do and I doubt anyone would object to doing so.
    It is good if it is to be explained to group, but I think this night will be boring for Ken except to meet Sayaka's father. If you have ideas for what they can do please tell me in PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

I for one was almost hoping to have a kid running around to be able to participate in that.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Oh man, I totally forgot about introducing Caballos. Should I find someone for him to be a Fraccion to first, or should he get assigned IC or some such?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Yes I think so.

Maybe not of Michiko to attack Shrine. I do not like that idea very much.
    No worries Kasanip, Michiko wouldn't attack the shrine anyway. Especially since she intends to stop by there once she's done at Yuudai's to hear the explanation herself. I (and Shades) figured it would take some time for everyone to get to Sayaka's home which is why Michiko went to Yuudai's for a little bit while everyone else got ready.

In other words, Michiko is going to Sayaka's at least considering the information on the Spiritual World is part of the reason why her plot begins at all.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

How Is Serazel supposed to keep his reiatsu in multiple locations, or hold an ability like his illusions outside of a certain area? Also, how does he expect no one to notice the sound of a sonido, or the reiatsu burst from it? I'm fairly certain everyone would be able to notice that he's gone. It's not exactly a sound plan.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Perhaps he's too concerned to care about it not being completely, utterly foolproof.

As for the rest, not my character, won't speak further.

I will plot, however.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Perhaps he's too concerned to care about it not being completely, utterly foolproof.

As for the rest, not my character, won't speak further.

I will plot, however.
    That would be exactly what happened.

As for how he keeps his Reiatsu in multiple locations, the answer's simple - he doesn't. He has the ability to completely conceal his Reiatsu to anything short of very acute senses. The illusion itself will likely vanish after a relatively short while.

As for Sonido itself, only the sound would be undisguisable. There's no evidence anywhere in canon or in this game that Sonido or Houhou of any kind produce a Reiatsu burst. Otherwise, no one would ever be caught flat-footed by a Sonido/Shunpo expert.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    That would be exactly what happened.

As for how he keeps his Reiatsu in multiple locations, the answer's simple - he doesn't. He has the ability to completely conceal his Reiatsu to anything short of very acute senses. The illusion itself will likely vanish after a relatively short while.

As for Sonido itself, only the sound would be undisguisable. There's no evidence anywhere in canon or in this game that Sonido or Houhou of any kind produce a Reiatsu burst. Otherwise, no one would ever be caught flat-footed by a Sonido/Shunpo expert.
    Using an ability would give away your location like that. It's afaik only a spike at the point of origin, like where you leave from. You use more power using the ability so you give off more reiatsu. Even with the sound, everyone knows his powerset. No one is missing and he'd be the only one who could move and look like he's still there. It's fairly obvious everyone will know that he left.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Again, it's not a foolproof plan. He has to at least give the appearance that he ran off.

And, again, if such a thing as a Reiatsu burst at the point of origin happened during Sonido/Houhou it'd be like telegraphing "I'm gonna backstab you now, kthxbai".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

I figure, with horngeek's absence/leaving, that it might be a good idea to work Mei out of the larger picture for the time being in a hopefully non-lethal manner. Making her unable to hold her position (until/if horngeek returns) and thus being 'retired' from the position seemed like it could do that...specially since it would provoke movement in Hueco Mundo.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I figure, with horngeek's absence/leaving, that it might be a good idea to work Mei out of the larger picture for the time being in a hopefully non-lethal manner. Making her unable to hold her position (until/if horngeek returns) and thus being 'retired' from the position seemed like it could do that...specially since it would provoke movement in Hueco Mundo.
    ...Who says there aren't plans to that affect already?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

In fact, KD, doesn't Vicente have an appointment to that effect? *looks at watch*

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

In fact, KD, doesn't Vicente have an appointment to that effect? *looks at watch*
    I'm debating how rude it would be to just leave the match.

Technically, Vicente has won his bet. So he could just politely inform Pico and Von Geister that he'll be in touch, everyone have a nice day, and he has business to attend to.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister is no longer in the skybox.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I remembered that after I typed it.

No matter. Vicente trusts the Ghost King to honor his debts.

...Are there any requirements on witnesses or the like for someone to usurp an Espada?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

All things considered, if you leave an Espada's Fraccion alive, he or she could serve as a witness in that regard. So it should be a non-issue.

After all, anyone bold enough to claim he/she has beaten said Espada had better not be lying if he/she values his/her hide...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

No Draken, you're supposed to say "The King has left the building".

18. - Top - End - #228

Again, it's not a foolproof plan. He has to at least give the appearance that he ran off.

And, again, if such a thing as a Reiatsu burst at the point of origin happened during Sonido/Houhou it'd be like telegraphing "I'm gonna backstab you now, kthxbai".
    Every other power has this effect. The person using flash steps/sonido moves too fast for it to be recognized, maybe? They move to fast for some senses but not others? That's really a stretch. Why wouldn't it give off some form of energy that could be followed?

...Who says there aren't plans to that affect already?
    Plans? What plan? If you need a long plan in order to become an Espada, you won't be an Espada long. It's based on power, so someone's going to curbstomp you when you don't have enough time to "plan" or prepare.

Edit: The most logical thing to do would be to bump Pan up to 8th, Pico up to 9th, and leave 10th up for grabs, if Mei leaves. If not, Pico or Pan will just usurp you and you'll be back to square one. It makes an insane amount of more sense to start low and work your way up.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-09-29 at 07:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Because Heaven forbid we use something besides raw brute force as a benchmark, amiright?

Besides, what makes Mei so much more powerful than Vicente, really?

Or, say, Pico? Who's the only other real competition, so far as I can tell.

If raw brute power were the only factor, Tark wouldn't be a Privaron.

Vicente isn't just smart and good with tech. He's actually good at fighting. And he's going to use both of these factors to stay alive.

As for Pan: isn't he happy where he is? Not to mention his player is AWOL anyways. I'm not a fan of moving what's effectively an NPC up a slot when there are players looking to take said slot.

Besides, I also plan to have Vicente's power increase. If that will ease your mind any.

Edit: Also, my earlier reference to "plans"? That was OOC plans. Vicente himself just came across the idea.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-09-29 at 07:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Because Heaven forbid we use something besides raw brute force as a benchmark, amiright?

Besides, what makes Mei so much more powerful than Vicente, really?

Or, say, Pico? Who's the only other real competition, so far as I can tell.

If raw brute power were the only factor, Tark wouldn't be a Privaron.

Vicente isn't just smart and good with tech. He's actually good at fighting. And he's going to use both of these factors to stay alive.

As for Pan: isn't he happy where he is? Not to mention his player is AWOL anyways. I'm not a fan of moving what's effectively an NPC up a slot when there are players looking to take said slot.

Besides, I also plan to have Vicente's power increase. If that will ease your mind any.
    Aren't you one of the people who wanted to get rid of power creep? This doesn't seem like it. You know what makes her stronger than Vincente? She's an Espada. Vincente is a fraccion. Obviously he would be, on average, less likely to win in a fight. Or he'd be an Espada. It's the exact same reason that Sereg wouldn't be able to go straight for Arcelia.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I will say what I please.

The would-be espada will have to present proof of his/her conquest to Von Geister (more often than not, the defeated former Espada).

So it is not recommended to kill the previous holder of the spot out of his sight, not necessary to kill them either, of course, Privaron have to come from somewhere.

Paramonos should have orders to let individuals looking to "prove themselves" pass.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, so how exactly are we going to handle the trading of positions, and who's going to take the postion of Octava?

Or are we still trying to figure that out?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I will say what I please.

The would-be espada will have to present proof of his/her conquest to Von Geister (more often than not, the defeated former Espada).

So it is not recommended to kill the previous holder of the spot out of his sight, not necessary to kill them either, of course, Privaron have to come from somewhere.

Paramonos should have orders to let individuals looking to "prove themselves" pass.
    So, how should Vicente go about this?

Edit: We're still trying to figure it out. I'm making my case for Vicente at least making an attempt. Riccaru is trying to say that Vicente shouldn't bother, because "he's not an espada". Even though there's only 10 of them, and there wasn't really a slot open when I created the character.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-09-29 at 07:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

How about instead of naysaying we let people play their characters and deal with the actions when they happen?

And saying that fraccion don't have a chance. Because that is the exact mentality in the last game, I mean, if you were fighting Daisuke, you were screwed.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-09-29 at 07:18 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Right now, Mei is supposed to be weakened from her chance meeting with Genevieve, so that is another point in his benefit.

Easiest way? Sneak in. Subdue. Bind. Throw her at the feet of the throne. Ask for promotion.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right now, Mei is supposed to be weakened from her chance meeting with Genevieve, so that is another point in his benefit.

Easiest way? Sneak in. Subdue. Bind. Throw her at the feet of the throne. Ask for promotion.
    Roger that.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Roger that.
    Serazel's there though, so Vicente should watch his back while he's there.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Serazel's there though, so Vicente should watch his back while he's there.
    Vicente always watches his back.

29. - Top - End - #239

So, how should Vicente go about this?

Edit: We're still trying to figure it out. I'm making my case for Vicente at least making an attempt. Riccaru is trying to say that Vicente shouldn't bother, because "he's not an espada". Even though there's only 10 of them, and there wasn't really a slot open when I created the character.
    And Sereg is much weaker than the other Espada. The argument was in NothingClevers' favor when this came up. The ranks are there. The information on the ranks is there. The reasoning behind the ranks is there. But obviously that doesn't matter when it comes to specific things, but it does when others arise.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    How about instead of naysaying we let people play their characters and deal with the actions when they happen?

And saying that fraccion don't have a chance. Because that is the exact mentality in the last game, I mean, if you were fighting Daisuke, you were screwed.
    Again, it worked in favor of NothingClever when Sereg attacked, and everyone defended that. This should be no different.

Genoveva said mei was weaker. Mei was clearly able to walk away from it with minor cosmetic damage. Genoveva is quite obviously lying. Also note that Mei has a bodyguard. Bribing him would be way out of character for both parties. Not to mention Mei has regeneration. It has also been at least a day IC since the meeting between Mei and Genoveva.

And Sereg's sleeping with one eye open and a full platoon of bodyguards from now on. (Yes, a platoon is a very large amount of people. That's the point)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

So, should I sort of just toss my Arrancar into Hueco Mundo for him to get picked up by someone?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste