New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "We're running late. I knew we should have used one of my friends. Who is that Soushi guy, anyway?" Suzume was now laying in the shade under a tree, wearing an old Omnitsukido uniform from her years as a shinigami. Her head lazily turns to look at her comrades as she sighs. "You two are gonna stick out like a sore thumb." She says to Eriku and Naraku.
    [Phoenix Town Cemetery]

"Patience, my dear"
    , a tall man dressed in a dirty fedora and a raincoat chuckles. "This is all about the right timing. It's unbecoming of you to act so childish after so many years of waiting." He reaches to his pocket and takes out what looks like a bright pink bunny-headed candy dispenser.

" 'sides, it's a bit hypocritical to start doubting the plan now - I only found the guy because you told me about him, Suzume-cha~an. If he doesn't pop up to grant us our passage, eh - we'll come up with a new ploy. Have a lil' faith, will ya?"

Then, the air before them ripples, and a round gate appears. As the doors slide open, four glistening butterfiles emerge to guide those waiting to the world beyond.

"I think that's our cue then"
    , the tall man says before chucking a pearl-shaped candy from the dispenser into his mouth. In a flash of black Reiatsu, his spirit steps out of the fake body and out into the open once more - the Gigai collapses to the ground behind him.

"Naraku, I trust you know what to do with that thing. Suzume - cloaks, please."

---

Back in Soul Society...

After opening the gate, Soushi gets to wait for a long time before anything happens. It gives him time to think if he's really taken care of everything, such as ensuring the Hell Butterflies he used won't be returning to the 5th anymore and if he really managed to disable all monitoring Kido placed on the gate.

No Reiatsu can be sensed through the dimensional portal, and it starts to feel like no-one's going to come through afterall. Then, suddenly a figure obscured by a thick cloak steps through - bloodshot eyes observe the Vice-Captain predatorously.

"Nagamichi Soushi-san?", the figure asks with a mockingly polite tone as he throws the hood of the cloak back. Soushi's left facing a man with sickly, transparent skin, messy white hair, and deep shadows under his eyes.

However, the deranged glint in his eyes and crooked smile on his lips tell that he's not one to be triffled with. Indeed, if there ever was a Shinigami more twisted that Soushi himself... he's looking him in the eye right now.

"I've heard a lot of things about you. As I'm not seeing poor Mai here, I guess you took care of her... oh well."
    The man shrugs. If there's any fear, any doubt his plan might've failed and he's walking into a trap somewhere in there... it's not showing.

"But anyways - how about we rattle this cage a lil' bit? I've heard there's this place called Maggot's Nest here somewhere..."

---

Meanwhile in the Rukongai...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile in the Rukongai...

A Garganta yawned open in the middle of a busy street, filled with the darkness of the space between Hueco Mundo and every other world. The citizens of Rukongai stop and stare at the portal, unsure of what they are looking at even as a quartet of dark shapes begin to take form within it.

The first three are a motley collection of freaks, the likes of which have the Rukon citizens backing away even before they see the distinctive broken masks that signal that they are arrancar. A small man was first, rotund but with a sort of spryness to him that belies his bulk. His mask fragment forms a skullcap atop his head while beady eyes burn with cruelty as he looks about at those nearby as a wickedly barbed mace is passed from one hand to the other.

The next one through is a too-tall woman, ghastly black stitching seemingly being used to hold her together, something just off about the way she looks. Arms and legs too long...emptiness in her visor-covered eyes...a disconnected dismeanor that doesn't seem threatening until one spies the double-sided spear held loosely in one hand that equals her towering seven foot (but rail thin) body in height.

Third through comes an actual monster from the look of things. Four arms twist above broad shoulders while a lupine face tilts to the blue sky above and sniffs at the sent in the air. Each of the extra arms terminate in three long blades, the arms themselves covered in thickly matted fur. It's normal arms are largely muscled and end in crab claws that click together loudly as it twists back and forth anxiously.

The last one through the gaping garganta is the one that has the Seireitei's alarms blaring at her entrance, a petite figure stepping through behind the freaks before taking in a deep breath of air and turning a shark-toothed smile unto those who had preceded her. Already the air was filled with cries of alarm from Rukon denizens as they scurry away to what they hope is safety, not from the blond arrancar girl...but those who came with her.

"Gooooooooddddddd Moooorrnnnin' Soul Society!" Genoveva drawls loudly, hands cupped over her mouth to make the words carry further. The chipped falchion is securely strapped to her back as she pushes past those who had come with her, gazing over the growing panic with a keen gaze.

"Ya three know what ta do." She finally says before sauntering down the street in the direction where she can spy the Seireitei in the far distance, "Take's many as ye can. Ah haf no use fer corpses."

"Yes, m'lady." the emanciated woman says with a short bow, leaping into the air towards the right.

"Fine." grumbles the skull-capped midget, taking to the left at remarkable speed barring the use of sonido.

"*Snuff* *Snuff* ARRROOOOWWWUUU!" howls the slavering creature as it sprints ahead of Genoveva towards the closest of the fleeing souls.

"Lesse what ya got Shinigami." the Primera chuckles to herself, stuffing her hands into her pockets as a jaunty tune comes to her lips.

Spoiler
    Show
    This oughta be good.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Barbarian in the Playground

Suzume does indeed hand out the cloaks, four of them. She decides not to put hers on, as she fits in better than the rest of the crowd so far, and besides... She's a ninja.
    "Soushi-san! How good you could join us, It's not like we've been waiting. Anyway, what's new with the Shinigami Scum? Anything I should know about?" Her smile is genuine and yet sickening all at the same time.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi wasn't particularly pleased about this to begin with, but this guy was a surprise.

"The one and the same. Surprised you can tell I'm here despite my efforts. Bigger world than I think it is and all that..."

And then he talked about the Maggot's Nest. Lovely.

"Got everything figured out, don'tcha? Better make sure your guys are up to snuff. The security there is fairly competent, or I'd have snuck in by myself instead of relying on people I've never met."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

[13th Division]
    Living Quarters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post

Allan shakes his head.

"I can't. I've never spoken to it. Never tried to speak to it until now. And now that I want to, I can't find it. I've searched my mindscape up and down. If it's there, it doesn't want to talk to me."
    Hachirou keeps another thoughtful silence. "Then you should get it reforged the ordinary way", he says. "If your spirit has never manifested to you, that blade is as good as an Asauchi."

"If you think nothing will come of it, then just get a new sword."

---

[8th Division Senkaimon]

"Well, someone had to open the gate"
    , the pale man retorts, annoyed, waving his hand dismissively as he tooks towards the source of the voice. "You telling me I'm wrong to assume you're the exact guy I told to do it?"

His gaze wanders a bit as Soushi explains about the security. "Well, why don't we cause a little distraction to heighten your changes, eh? Lead the way, smart guy! Let's cause some good, ol' fashioned... chaos." With those words, the man draws his Zanpakuto and looks expectantly at the empty spot where Soushi is.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

[13th Division]
    Living Quarters

Allan listens to Hachirou, his face pensive. As his superior finishes speaking, Allan breaks eye contact and looks down, embarrassed. He begins to nod, but suddenly his whole body goes stiff, his head snapping back and staring at a point past Hachirou's shoulder. His nostrils flare, and he sniffs the air several times, his expression losing its shame and becoming totally focused.

"Something's wrong. There's something...I can't tell what it is."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [13th Division]
    Living Quarters

Hachirou keeps another thoughtful silence. "Then you should get it reforged the ordinary way", he says. "If your spirit has never manifested to you, that blade is as good as an Asauchi."

"If you think nothing will come of it, then just get a new sword."

---

[8th Division Senkaimon]

"Well, someone had to open the gate"
    , the pale man retorts, annoyed, waving his hand dismissively as he tooks towards the source of the voice. "You telling me I'm wrong to assume you're the exact guy I told to do it?"

His gaze wanders a bit as Soushi explains about the security. "Well, why don't we cause a little distraction to heighten your changes, eh? Lead the way, smart guy! Let's cause some good, ol' fashioned... chaos." With those words, the man draws his Zanpakuto and looks expectantly at the empty spot where Soushi is.
    As elegant as an elephant in free-fall...

"Sure, what the hell. You got anything specific in mind? Torching an orphanage, maybe?

Just so you know, by the time you leave I'm gonna have to pretend I didn't lead you there, but rather tried to keep you out. Keep that in mind."

The irony of asking an invisible man to guide them makes Soushi chuckle, but he sets about on his way, at any rate.

"Follow the yellow brick road..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Hachirou blinks. "I don't feel anything. Are you sure it's an outside influence?"

9. - Top - End - #819

Allan nods gravely.

"Positive. Something really bad is about to happen...or already has. I don't know."

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Phoenix Town Cemitery

"Yes, yes, sure, of course."

Naraku does away with the body.

----

And into Soul Society

Naraku enter the Soul Society in the body of a tibetan monk.

"Chaos, chaos, it is all chaos to you all, can't appreciate the fine things of life... Peace, relaxation... Wait, you killed Mai? Damn you, I wanted that body!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #821
    Orc in the Playground

"Not by the time I was done with it."

Soushi lets the line sink by its lonesome and their imaginations fill in the blanks.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Phoenix Town Cemitery

"Yes, yes, sure, of course."

Naraku does away with the body.

----

And into Soul Society

Naraku enter the Soul Society in the body of a tibetan monk.

"Chaos, chaos, it is all chaos to you all, can't appreciate the fine things of life... Peace, relaxation... Wait, you killed Mai? Damn you, I wanted that body!"
    "You need to learn to let go of things. Shouldn't be hard for a gumball like yourself, Nara-kun. I'm going to go make things blow up now. If you need me I'll be in the twelfth division, or maybe fourth. Or third. Ugh. So many choices, and so little time..." Suzume turns to leave and waves as she goes. "Don't get caught, I'd hate to have to get you out of a tight spot, boys."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground

"If you want to maximize injuries, hit the 4th. If you want bigger fireballs, hit the 12th. Have it on good authority they're fond of things that go BOOM."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #824

[Hospital]

Karite crawled out of bed, exasperated at being stuck there. He grabbed the nearest thing to aid him in walking. A simple crutch. He hobbled out of his room, avoiding those who would put him back. He couldn't go back, wouldn't go back. He needed answers to his questions, and only a few people could give them to him. Most of them would worry, or try to analyze his reasons. He reached the one place where his reasons, his logic, would not be questioned.

The Eleventh Division. Compared to the other divisions, the stares he attracted here were different. Less of scorn, of disapproval, and more of the stare of a fellow warrior. It was strange to him almost. He had grown used to the sighs of regret from his superiors, the awkward conversations. He slowly made his way to the Captain's office, and entered.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan nods gravely.

"Positive. Something really bad is about to happen...or already has. I don't know."
    There's another questioning silence. Then, Hachirou pulls out the seath of his Zanpakuto - and shakes its broken pieces on the floor. "Well, whatever it is, push it out of your mind for now", he says. "If it's an emergency, they won't be alerting either of us cripples."

He crouches brifely to lift the hilt into his hand. "I'm going to do you a favor, Crossdale. Hopefully, it'll help you overcome this... injury of yours. Are you ready?"

---

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Hospital]

Karite crawled out of bed, exasperated at being stuck there. He grabbed the nearest thing to aid him in walking. A simple crutch. He hobbled out of his room, avoiding those who would put him back. He couldn't go back, wouldn't go back. He needed answers to his questions, and only a few people could give them to him. Most of them would worry, or try to analyze his reasons. He reached the one place where his reasons, his logic, would not be questioned.

The Eleventh Division. Compared to the other divisions, the stares he attracted here were different. Less of scorn, of disapproval, and more of the stare of a fellow warrior. It was strange to him almost. He had grown used to the sighs of regret from his superiors, the awkward conversations. He slowly made his way to the Captain's office, and entered.
    ... he enters just in time to catch Himura Michiko surrounded by Hell Butterflies, frantically speaking messages to each of them.

"... and to Yukimura Seiko, from Himura-taichou: Report immediatly at Division Gates. Emergency. Over", she finishes, then practically leaps over her desk to catch a longsword hung to a nearby wall. She almost runs straight into Karite when she turns to leave the room.

She'd just received word from a 10th Division patrol - something is wrong in Rukongai. There's mass panic brewing in the northern districts. She'd been the first Captain to receive word, since others had seemingly been off-duty - preoccupied with the birth of Hayashi Natsuko's daughter, but Michiko neither knows or cares about that very much.

All she knows is that there are Hollows breaking through from a Garganta. Sure, Hollow incursion occasionally happened... but mostly, they were small, caused by carelesness of Shinigami returning from the Mortal World, some more persistent Hollows following retreating scouts or medics through Senkaimons and making through the Dangai mostly by luck.

Such cases were nearly always dealt by the Division who'd let them in - 9th or 13th, most often, and 10th when they slipped outside Seireitei limits. But this is not one of those cases, no - this time, Hollows had actually broken through the Precipice Worlds on their own! That's rare - Rukongai holds few souls with power to act as beacons to wandering Hollows, and moving through the Void to Soul Society... well, Kido Corps had long thought it to be impossible.

Until Arrancars from Las Noches had done it.

It might be too early to say, but Michiko's instincts tell it can't be anything else but a sign of a full-out attack. It's time for her squad to fullfill its purpose.

"What are you dawdling there!?! Get moving!", she practically screams to Karite, grabbing his arm. In a moment, they're flying through the corridors, towards the troop gathering point. "Quick, outside! We have a battle to fight!"

---

[On the road to Maggot's Nest]

Meanwhile, the pale stranger casually skips towards the highest security prison and insane asylum in all of afterlife, whistling a merry tune as he does. He's pulled the hood back over his face again - with it on, he doesn't feel any more dangerous than ordinary Rukongai citizens.

Of course, the sword in his hands belies his intentions, but it's not like he gives a damn.

16. - Top - End - #826

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "If you want to maximize injuries, hit the 4th. If you want bigger fireballs, hit the 12th. Have it on good authority they're fond of things that go BOOM."
    "I haven't been gone for that long, you know. I'm pretty sure I can figure out that stuff by myself. That's why i chose those locations. By the way, I'm going for boom first." She keeps walking off toward the twelfth.

17. - Top - End - #827

"What are you dawdling there!?! Get moving!", she practically screams to Karite, grabbing his arm. In a moment, they're flying through the corridors, towards the troop gathering point. "Quick, outside! We have a battle to fight!"
    It was odd, really. He was so used to such events that he didn't really react. He felt prepared, he felt ready enough to fight. He changed his grip on the crutch, more to use it as a shield. It wasn't as if he couldn't stand, it was just useful to hold. Gave his hands something to do. Karite willingly followed the rest, remaining unnoticed for the time.

"It looks like our discussion will have to wait.

It's not like anything terrible could happen in the next few hours...
    "

Deep inside his soul, a small part of him died. Perhaps died is the wrong word. It changed, faded to a deep, deep black. And inside that black, a feral grin emerged.

A feral grin and a pair of yellow eyes.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Not by the time I was done with it."

Soushi lets the line sink by its lonesome and their imaginations fill in the blanks.
    "Well, do we have a genius here. Of course I wouldn't. Those things rot quickly if I am not able to get to them in time."

At the other talk, Naraku pipes in.

"Fourth! Fourth! I remember 12th division. I don't want to get within an inch of that hell-hole!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #829

Spoiler
    Show
    There's another questioning silence. Then, Hachirou pulls out the seath of his Zanpakuto - and shakes its broken pieces on the floor. "Well, whatever it is, push it out of your mind for now", he says. "If it's an emergency, they won't be alerting either of us cripples."

He crouches briefly to lift the hilt into his hand. "I'm going to do you a favor, Crossdale. Hopefully, it'll help you overcome this... injury of yours. Are you ready?"
    Allan blinks distractedly and shakes his head to clear it, then puts his gaze back to Hachirou.

"Yeah, you're probably right."

He watches Hachirou's actions with curiosity.

"Yeah, I guess...?"

20. - Top - End - #830
    Pixie in the Playground

A tree in the 11th division grounds

Seiko had been fast asleep, catching up on what he had been lacking in recent months due to backlogs of a work and a captain who wasn't much for paperwork. But the instant he felt the touch of the butterfly, he was awake. Captain Michiko hadn't sent for backup in...well, probably never. He sat up and received the message, his mind a mixture of anticipation, worry, and asleep. It took him all of three seconds to make it to the division gates.

Arriving at the gates, he waited for his captain to appear. Hopefully, she'd get there soon.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-12-08 at 09:35 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

12th Division

Yoshi was, by and large, a fairly heavy sleeper. Certainly, he like to sleep for at least 6 hours, barring all Hell breaking loose.

Unfortunately, all Hell just broke loose. Hence the alarms blaring in his quarters even as he rushes to dress. He's dragging his lab coat on with his staff gripped in one hand even as he rushes down the hall to the Dimensional Monitoring room. He bursts in as several Interns and Artificial Souls are scurrying all over, making notes, sending out butterflies, and even making calls on radios and reiphones. Barely-controlled chaos.

"Sitrep! Now!"

An intern rushes over.

"Sir! Ten minutes ago, our sensors detected a powerful set of Garganta opening in the North 32, 33, and 34 Rukongi. We've detected several Arrancar-level signatures, though we've got just enough interference that we can't give exact numbers. As well, we think we've detected a Senkai Gate opening at...8th Division. No word yet on what's going on there."

"Send word to their Captain. He will have to look into it. We need to perform an immediate lockdown. Anyone not going out to help defend Soul Society will bunker down while we deploy the defenses. You are free to reverse this if a superior officer countermands the order...but I doubt they will. Everyone stay here, stay calm, and stay alert. Keep on the communication circuit, and start relaying sensor data to Captains and other officers. Make sure all of them know this is going on. And I want the word out yesterday!"

The room salutes as Yoshi stalks towards one of the active armories. He needs more dakka right now.

Meanwhile, Hell Butterflies, Reiphone calls, and radio signals surge out from 12th Division, even as armor plates slide into place over windows and doors, turning it into a small fortress. Especially with the Artificials manning simple weaponry at key points, and all the members on high alert.

Though Soul Society was in danger, it was no longer unaware. Though at the moment, the individuals who infiltrated the Gate in 8th Division remain undetected.

8th Division

Masaru was awakened by the presence of a rather urgent-sounding message making itself known via Hell Butterfly right on his nose. He spent perhaps 30 seconds blearily processing what he'd heard.

Then he was blurring around the room as he threw on clothing , his glasses, and his sword belt.

He was out the door, one hand on his katana, within another minute. It wasn't long before he stopped in front of 8th Division's Senkai Gate, a deep frown on his face, even as officers and unseated started to emerge due to the general alarm being raised.

"Secure the gate, shut it down. Set up a perimeter, and watch for anyone who might try to exit this way. 8th Division holds the line. And someone get Soushi out of bed and on his way to the walls."

He turned, haori flapping in the air, and one of his lower-seated officers spoke up.

"What about you sir? And should all of us hold here?"

"Await more explicit orders from 1st Division. We may have infiltrators, and you should be around to help organize that. As for myself...there are Arrancar in the Rukongi. This cannot be allowed to continue. Not while I draw breath."

And in a blur, he was gone.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

22. - Top - End - #832

Suzume rushes as she notices the alarms, moving directly toward the twelfth division headquarters. Yes, she does expect to just waltz right in. Wait... What was the captains' name again? Oh geez. It was something... I should remember this. THINK!! OH! It was... Something about... Something. Oh! Kazuo! Luckily she remembers the name just before she reaches the headquarters. "Captain Kazuo!? I'm here from second division to assist you under orders from Nao!" She yells up to the looming structure.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

A quiet figure watches with concern as the Garganta open. Under a straw-brimmed hat, atop a nearby building, the figure hesitates. The thought of calling for backup is pondered, and quickly discarded: the subspace Kido net would have alerted the Seireitei by now. Assistance would arrive at the same time regardless.

With that decided, Hayashi Goro considers his next move, until the lupine Hollow's actions make the next step obvious.

"Rabid animals must be dispatched. Hado 11..."

He vanishes from sight, reappearing directly in the charging creature's path, one calloused hand forward, index figure extended.

"Bullet Sho."

A concentrated burst of force slams into a small point directly between the eyes of the mongrel.

As the lupine creature is hopefully stunned, he immediately follows up with a textbook Iaidō strike from his zanpaktou, seeking to bisect the monster horizontally.

Twenty meters away, his sakkat drifts to rest.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-12-08 at 08:49 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834

6th Division HQ
    Vice Captain's Office

Vice Captain Damara Shishihara of the Sixth Division has been very busy of late, although this is hardly unusual. At the present moment, he is continuing to work on the eternal piles of paperwork that seem to find their way to his desk. He finishes a sheet of paper and slides it into his out box, then implacably reaches for the next sheet. The sight of a blinking light on his wall, however, causes him to pause. Stopping, he stands slowly and paces over to it. With a simple motion, he opens a panel on the wall, revealing a bank of similar lights adjacent to scrawling lines of text. A single light in the bank is currently lit. Next to it are the words "Arrancar Attack: Rukongai." Damara blinks.

His entire body follows suit as he vanishes in a flash step. Without ever slowing down, he blurs through the Sixth Division Headquarters, before rocketing out the front doors and continuing towards the Rukongai. Focusing his spiritual senses, he reaches out through the Rukongai, quickly finding the sources of Arrancar reiatsu. One was powerful; enormously so, likely high Espada. Possibly even the Primera. Damara would have no chance at all. Better to allow an actual Captain to handle them.

Instead, he turns his attention to a different source and vanishes once more, reappearing nearby the female Arrancar.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

[12th Division]

A steel orb turns in the wall, gazing down at Suzume.

Yes, gazing, because it looks just like an eye. It is followed by Kazuo's voice coming out of unseen speakers.

"Help from the second? Hmm... And what are you quite supposed to help us with that myself, my officers, my troops and my weapons cannot deal with, but your division can spare its soldiers for?"

Kazuo is not paranoid. He simply did not request any help and is pious in his belief that the leadership of the 2nd is full of themselves if they think he/the 12th needs them for anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #836
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    This was good. In fact, if it were anyone but Sigint that the dirt was being flung into, it would've seriously hampered his ability to fight.

But, this was Sigint, and Sigint had practically his entire face covered in some fashion or another.

That's not to say it didn't do anything. Quite the contrary, actually. By pure instinctual reaction, Sigint had shut his eyes in reaction to the dirt. However, he then opened his eyes to find that, although it hadn't blinded him entirely, the dust did cling to the lenses of his visor somewhat, fogging up the lenses and impairing his vision. Then, he saw what appeared as mostly a blur for Shou's leg, and in another bout of instinct, jumped back and to the side away from the attack. Sigint then quickly wiped the dust away from the lenses, smiling behind the mask.
    Shou wasn't about to let up the pressure now that he'd put Sigint on the defensive, even if only for a moment. As the ninja wiped his mask clean, he would discover the coyote leaping towards him with a flying kick, but doing something with his hands... "Bakudo 9: Hōrin!" He swept the rope of energy, trying to limit Sigint's movement options.

[3rd Division HQ, Invasion Time]

Magatsu snapped out of yet another bout of blade meditation in his office as a Hell Butterfly landed on his shoulder. He supressed a snarl of frustration; he'd been so close to materializing Eien Uzumaki, he could feel it! The snarl faded from his lips as the butterfly's message from 12th Division played. Invasion. He leapt to his feet and slammed the intercom on his desk so hard it nearly cracked, too caught in the moment to wonder why he'd received the message rather than Sakura.

"Third Division! Arrancar have been detected in the Rukongai! Report to combat stations and await further orders! You see anything with a mask, kill it!" He didn't bother sheathing Eien Uzumaki as he leapt from his window and blurred into shunpo towards the reported disturbance, casting out his spiritual sense. The sheer power of one of the invaders actually staggered Magatsu for a moment, but he picked up three more Arrancar. Let's leave that one to the Captains...

Backing away from a fight, Magatsu? Never would have thought you'd be afraid to fight someone.

It'd take too long to kill them. I can kill at least two of the others in the time it'd take to fight that one. More killing, more fun. Time to fight. He sensed others heading for two of the three weaker invaders, so he homed in on the third.

As he rapidly approached the small, mace-wielding Arrancar, he began the chant for Gaki Rekko. Magatsu really wasn't big on pre-fight banter.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-12-09 at 12:32 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

27. - Top - End - #837
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Shou wasn't about to let up the pressure now that he'd put Sigint on the defensive, even if only for a moment. As the ninja wiped his mask clean, he would discover the coyote leaping towards him with a flying kick, but doing something with his hands... "Bakudo 9: Hōrin!" He swept the rope of energy, trying to limit Sigint's movement options.
    By that point, Sigint had managed to wipe his mask clean enough to see what was happening, and then crouched, made a movement to jump over Shou and...he seemingly dissappeared in a flash of Shunpo.

For such a large man, Sigint is spry.

Then, he reappeared behind Shou, standing up and pointing a finger towards him. "Bakudo 1: Sai." Is all Sigint says, as he lets the Bakudo spell compel Shou's arms to lock behind his back.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Rukongai

Two shinigami, hidden from view or any form of detection, watch as the garganta opens. They look to each other, then each immediately pull a cage from their belt, holding a single hell butterfly. Both hold the butterfly for only a second before releasing them, each traveling in an opposite direction and hiding from view. Then, both shinigami themselves are gone.

Sereitei

Alarm bells are ringing throughout Sereitei. The message is obvious: intruders have entered the Rukongai.

Taiki Takahashi is only the second to receive the message. A single butterfly lands on his hand while he sits with his wife. As soon as he hears word, he releases the butterfly, kisses his wife, and says the only necessary phrase. "Invasion in the Rukongai." Then he is gone, flashing to his own division...

10th Division Barracks

All of 10th mobilized in minutes. Patrols are immediately formed, balanced for level of effectiveness in combat and communications, then sent to secure to various sectors. Taiki groups his elite and sends them out immediately, making sure all sectors of Sereitei and the surrounding area have at least one group of 10th within quick and easy traveling distance. The barracks is almost completely emptied by the time Taiki arrives.

The Execution Force stands in the hall, waiting for orders. Taiki points to each Squad Leader in turn. "Squad 5, first response. Target Rukongai. Contact Officer Hayashi Goro." They are gone. "Squads 1, 2, 3, and 4, report to the walls. Each is assigned to one entrance. Support any other divisions there. No one is to enter or leave Sereitei." The leaders nod, and are gone. "Squad 6 through 10, home patrol. Ensure defense here. Make sure no one is allowed to enter or leave. If intruders are encountered, raise alarm then engage." They follow suit. Only Taiki himself remains.

He then enters his office, pulling a single piece of paper from his locked and hidden safe. Opening it to ensure its contents, he looked at it for a moment. Then, with a few folds, he secured it on his person.

The two shinigami from the Rukon immediately return to the 10th Barracks. They rush to the Captain's office, stopping and pausing to bow.

"Sir, reports suggest that six enemies have entered Soul Society, all via Garganta. They appeared to be incredibly strong." Taiki nods. A hell butterfly approaches and lands on his hand, and he scowls once more. He points to one of the men in front of him. "Find Officer Karashi, tell him to assist Execution Squad 5. Execution Squad 7 should report to the Rukongai to assist Officer Hayashi with the invaders. Ensure they take extreme caution. Inform him I will be arriving to assist shortly." He nods, and is gone. Taiki turns to the other. "Go to 4th Division. Ensure my wife's safety, and follow any orders she gives." The second nods, and is gone. Taiki himself holds out a hand for a moment, a noticeable weight suddenly filling it.

It was time for the Captain of 10th Division to deal with the intruders.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #839

The Invasion

Hideyaki is surprisingly enough sat as his desk when a Hell Butterfly lands next to him. Within a few seconds, he is out of his office and tearing around the place rousing his division, barking orders as he does so. Where's Emet?

"Arrancar in the Rukongai! I repeat, Arrancar in the Rukongai! Prepare the defenses! Get those walls down now! Secure the Sereitei!"

There was a mad scramble as the 7th Division sprung into life. He'd let the 10th and the other divisions fight the incoming Hollows - his job was to ensure the safety of the Sereitei, and nothing was going to stop him from doing it.

Sure enough, the walls began to lower into place, securing the Soul Society against attack. Leaving his division to finish up the fortification, he fires of a Hell Butterfly to all divisions informing them that the 7th has been mobilised.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [12th Division]

A steel orb turns in the wall, gazing down at Suzume.

Yes, gazing, because it looks just like an eye. It is followed by Kazuo's voice coming out of unseen speakers.

"Help from the second? Hmm... And what are you quite supposed to help us with that myself, my officers, my troops and my weapons cannot deal with, but your division can spare its soldiers for?"

Kazuo is not paranoid. He simply did not request any help and is pious in his belief that the leadership of the 2nd is full of themselves if they think he/the 12th needs them for anything.
    Crazy old man. Can't get his head out of his own rear long enough to trust another division. Suzumes' eyes travel up towards the camera. "Captain, I am not at liberty to discuss the matter in the open like this. I respectfully request entrance to your headquarters to personally deliver information sent by Nao-san."
    She might just have to hit up the fourth after all.